• Published 7th Jan 2019
  • 1,281 Views, 67 Comments

Six - TryingToActProfessional

  • ...
10
 67
 1,281

Six: Ch.8

By the time AJ and her sister had settled down, both were out of breath, flopped over on each other on the floor.

“You two gonna be okay?” I ask, still sitting at the table.

“Yeah…*pant* just fine…” AJ huffs. Applebloom giggles.

“Ah win.”

Just before AJ has time to retaliate, the front door opens abruptly and Twilight dashes in.

“What’s wrong? What happened?! Is he hurt!?” She asks frantically.

“Hey, Twi...heh. No, he ain’t hurt er nothin. He’s at the table.”

Twilight walks right up to me. “Why did you run off?! And...why are you wearing Big Mac’s clothes?”

“Well, I needed some clothes to help AJ do some apple bucking earlier, so she lent me these.”

“Eeyup. That’s a fact.” AJ adds.

Twilight leans in really close to my face, and I back up a little.

“Are you sure that isn’t loose or something?”

“No, it’s not. I checked. I literally don’t know what’s happening.”

She waves her hand in my face. “Can you see any colors through it?”

“No, and will you put your hand down? Jeez...a bit close, too.” She backs up a bit, looking flustered.

“W-well, what happened right before this started? Did you do anything different?”

“Well, uh...I ended up accidentally...taking Scootaloo’s burden, and I immediately felt sick and ran to the bathroom to puke. But I puked up this thick, black sludge…. When I put the blindfold back on after that, this happened!”

“Wait….black sludge...You puked up a bunch of that the other day! Before the demon came out and attacked Princess Celestia!”

“HE DID WHUT?!” AJ shouts, shocked.

“I-It wasn’t me! I don’t remember any of that!”

“Don’t worry, Applejack. The Princess wasn’t blaming him. It wasn’t him in control at the time. That demon was scary….”

“Wait, so….yer tellin me that Hell and demons exist?!” AJ asks.

“Well, yeah. But demons aren’t exactly like the books say they are…” That gets Twilight’s attention.

“Ooooh! You have to tell me everything! I want to know everything you know about the afterlife! Every single detail!” She grabs the straps of my overalls and shakes me violently.

“Tell meeeee! I have to know!”

“Easy, easy!” I grab her wrists and pull her off. “Jeez, you’re loud…. It’s not a good idea for everyone to know what the afterlife is. If they did, necromancy could be a real threat. Nowadays, it’s all hoax and myth.”

“B-but….but…” She groans loudly and drops to her knees. “The biggest breakthrough in Equestria’s history and I can’t know about it!? No faaaair!”

I sigh and get up. “I’ll go get Mac for dinner.”

I walk outside and look around, seeing the outlines of thousands of apple trees.

“Oh, my Celestia…...That’s a lot of trees. Oi! Mac! You around?!” I call out.

“Eeyup!” He calls back from the barn. Probably should’ve guessed…

“Dinner’s ready when you’re done!”

“Eeyup!”

I nod and start going back to the house, but I feel my stomach lurch. I dash over to an empty barrel nearby and rhetch hard. The front door bursts open.

“Six, hold onto that! I need to record it!”

“Twi, not a good time fer that! Six, ya alright?” I shake my head.

I gag hard and empty my already emptied stomach, and the familiar horrible smelling gunk erupts from my mouth, splattering like glue at the bottom of the barrel. This continues for several seconds before I feel that it’s all gone. My face is soaked in sweat, and my stomach hurts from all the flexing.

“Uugh….ow….” I fall back onto the porch, panting heavily.

“Six!” AJ rushes next to me.

“Hey...I’m alright. That just...whew, took a lot out of me…..what the…..”

Her dark outline starts to brighten until I can see her as she would be without the blindfold on. I sit up and look around. I can see perfectly fine, but my eyes aren’t open….

“What…..the…..hell?”

Twilight stops prodding my vomit with a stick and looks over at me.

“Wait, I think I understand now. Six, I think that you had so little negativity in you that your immune system rejected the rest of it.” Her hand lights up softly and she hovers it over me.

“Your soul looks perfectly clean. There’s not a single bit of black in there.”

“Uuh, Twilight….I….I think my eyes are broken….”

“Whaat?! What do you mean?!” She grabs the blindfold and yanks it off.

I wince slightly from the tug, but I look around once my eyes adjust.

Everything looks….odd. I can clearly see Twilight in front of me, but I can see a weird glow around her body. It’s a soft gold color, and it’s moving a second out of sync with her movements.

“What in Equestria….?”

The glow around her moves in the shape of a hand, and her actual hand follows suit as she touches my forehead.

“Are you feeling feverish?”

“Twilight, I think….I think I can see something….but I don’t get it...It’s like you have a gold shadow that moves before you do...What the Hell is this?”

Her shadow suddenly takes a swing at my head, and I duck a whole second before her actual hand swings at my head.

“Woah! How’d ya do that!?”

“I….I don’t know….It’s a little straining on my eyes, though…” I take the blindfold from Twilight and put it back on.

The gold outline vanishes.

“And I can see perfectly even though I shouldn’t see at all… Do you think I could do this before the demon took over?”

“Well, yer name is Sixth Sense, so it’d fit yer name. But ah dunno about the eyes in yer brain er whatever it is.”

“I’ve read about this in a book once. Normally, people have some small levels of darkness or sin in their souls to keep them ‘Impure’, but I think you can actually scrub your soul so clean that you’ve gained second sight from it.”

“How the Hell does that work?!”

“There’s a story about monks in the mountains of Neighpal that were all blinded at birth, but remained so pure in life that they were able to see in their mind’s eye.”

I nod, understanding a little bit. “I need to learn how to control this….That weird prediction sight is nauseating to see.”

“I’m reporting this breakthrough to Princess Celestia. I’ll see you back at the castle, Six.”

“Actually, ah was gunna invite ya ta stay here….if ya wanted to…” AJ says. I look at her, and her face is completely red, almost obscuring her freckles.

“I-I, uh...lemme think about it, okay?” They both nod, and Twilight vanishes. I gotta learn to teleport….

AJ helps me up. “Well, not sure if ya still wanna eat now…”

“I will! I just need to destroy the contents of this barrel….and brush my teeth….thoroughly.”

I grab the barrel and close the top. “Do you have a, uh...furnace anywhere?”

“Yeah, in the barn. Why?”

“I need to burn this.” I carry the barrel into the barn.

“....Sweet Celestia….” I hear AJ whisper.

I smirk. “What was that?”

“U-Uh, nothin! Didn’t say nothin…”

I chuckle and head into the barn, where a furnace was burning. I open the hatch and toss the barrel inside, slamming it shut afterwards.

“There. Now, back to the house. I’m starving….” As I leave the barn, I notice movement in the treeline.

“Hello? Is someone there?” I call out.

No answer.

“Huh…” I shrug and head towards the house.

“Ah!” I feel a pinch in my neck. “Damn bugs…”

I go back into the house and sit at the table.

“Applebloom got Mac already, so we’ll just wait fer everybody and we’ll eat.”

I nod and rest my head on the table. My mind starts to wander…

What the Hell is happening to me? Why are all of these weird things happening now?

And what was in the trees…?