• Published 24th Dec 2018
  • 703 Views, 27 Comments

Hello, Luna - TwiPON3



Twilight Velvet has a heart attack, then her family has to keep one BIG change from her that happened during her coma.

  • ...
14
 27
 703

Chapter 5

It had been about two-and-a-half months since Velvet had fallen comatose, and all of Twilight's worrying was beginning to scare the doctors, especially around the one-month mark when she began to show signs of exhaustion and other sicknesses, rather prolonged much more than should be.

Now, it was close to 11:30 at night and one of the best-known nurses had been assigned to Velvet. The TV in her room was running, still tuned to the (now shut-down for the evening) Ponyville station, showing pan-and-scan style shots of the small town with light, gentle music behind it and, in a bar at the top of the screen, showed the time, date, and the words 'Ponyville TV'. Velvet's ventilator had been keeping it's rhythm since day one, thankfully, but the gray mare still showed no signs of improvement. Twilight also seemed to be falling ill, having turned noticeably more pale than before, plus a few vile-smelling stains on her shirt and face.

"Twilight?" Nurse Redheart said, coming in and finding a rather sickly mare in the chair that Twilight occupied, "Twilight, can you hear me?"

She shook the sleeping mare slightly.

"No! Don't die!" she said, snapping awake, "What time is it?"

"11:30 at night, Twilight," Redheart said, giving her a cup of iced tea, "Drink this."

"What is it?" she replied, groggily.

"Iced tea. I came in earlier, and you felt like you were burning up."

She slowly drank the cold liquid, but soon felt like someone was sending a magic beam through her torso for a few moments.

"When was the last time you ate?"

"What day is it?"

"Thursday night."

"Three days ago."

"Listen, sweetie," Redheart said, getting a pack of crackers from the vending machine from her pocket, "What I want you to do is go home, go to bed, and don't worry about anything for a few days. It's taking a toll on your health, and a worrying one at that."

"No! What if Mom wakes up!? What if-"

"I'll let you know or come get you."

"I don't have a ride home to-"

"Sunset should be here any second. She'll stay with you."

Twilight felt like her body was going to dispose of what she just ate from both ends in a rather unforgiving manner.

"Sorry I couldn't get here sooner," Sunset said, coming into the room, a set of keys in her hand with the ring around her middle finger, "I couldn't find a set of car keys," she noticed Twilight, "Oh, sweet Celestia."

"Hi, Sunset," Twilight said with a dry throat.

"You need to get home as soon as possible."

"I'm fine."

"Twilight may be fine," Sunset said, going over to her and picking her up, "But Twilight still needs a bed and something to eat."

Accepting defeat, she succumbed to sleep as Sunset walked her out of the hospital.