• Published 4th Jan 2019
  • 4,218 Views, 93 Comments

Leave It All Behind - ShowShine



After Twilight destroys her school, she runs away from home, taking Spike with her. She stumbles across a small town called Ponyville.

  • ...
6
 93
 4,218

On the run

Twilight stared intently at her book, trying to memorize a spell that she was trying to learn. Spike stood in his crib, letting out loud babbles to get attention.

“Not now Spike, I’m trying to concentrate!” Twilight exclaimed. Spike pouted and fell onto his butt, crossing his arms and sticking his tongue out, making a raspberry.

“Oh please, you’re not even supposed to be up right now, it’s midnight!” Twilight said, pointing out the window. Spike tilted his head. He had no concept of time because he was only a few months old. Twilight didn’t want to mention that she wasn’t supposed to be up either, she was only a little filly. She put the book down and smiled widely.

“Okay, I think I got it!” She said happily. She pulled over a flower pot with a seed buried in the dirt in front of her and focused on it. She closed her eyes and started to strain her body. Her horn started to glow brightly and the pot rattled slightly. Twilight smiled as she saw the tip of the plant starting to poke out from the dirt.

“It’s working!” Twilight exclaimed excitedly, clapping her hooves together. Spike let out a soft giggle at her excitement. Twilight pulled over her notebook and started to write down her results. The plant stopped growing making Twilight tilt her head.

“That’s weird, it was working just a second ago. Maybe I did something wrong.” Twilight said as she flipped through the spellbook. Suddenly the pot started to shake. Twilight put the book down and stared at the pot in confusion.

A large vine shot out of the pot, causing it to break. Twilight let out a scream of fear. The vine broke through the roof and debris started to fall on them. A piece of the ceiling fell next to Spike, making him cry in fear. Twilight ran over to his crib and pulled Spike close to her. A large piece of ceiling fell from the roof, completely crushing the crib. The whole building started to shake as the plant grew past the clouds. Twilight put Spike on her back and she grabbed her saddlebag with her teeth.

Twilight ran out of her room. She heard ponies screaming as they pushed past her. The fire alarm had been pulled and a loud siren echoed through the building. Twilight rushed down the stairs as Spike clutched onto her back. Ponies screams filled the building. Twilight ran outside and looked up at the building.

The plant slowly came down from the sky and coiled around the building. The plant squeezed the building tightly, causing the right side of the school to collapse. She heard ponies screamed in agony as the building crushed their bodies. Twilight stared in horror as her favorite place in the world got destroyed because of her. Twilight started to shake as tears fell down her cheeks.

” I-t’s destroyed. The school is destroyed. This is all my fault. Why didn’t I just wait to do the spell in class? It’s my fault.” Twilight muttered to herself. Spike grabbed onto Twilight's face and let out soft noises of gibberish in an attempt to comfort her. She held onto him tightly. She looked around to see fillies and teachers standing outside, a few of the injured and crying. Guilt washed overhear. Hundreds of ponies were dead because of her.

Twilight looked at Spike who stared back at her with big curious eyes. She had to leave. What would happen if they found out she did this. They would surely kick her out of the school. No, they would banish her! Or even worse, she’d be executed for her crimes. Twilight felt her herself tearing up again at that thought.

She looked around to see that no one was paying attention to her. She put Spike on her back and ran away from the school, making sure no one saw her. She stopped running when she saw the Twinkling Balloon in sight. It wasn’t that far from the school because no one expected anyone to take it. Everyone was too sophisticated to steal anything. Except for Twilight.

Twilight threw her saddlebag into the hot air balloon. She looked around before placing Spike on the floor of the balloon. She hopped into the balloon and closed the door.

“I should remember how to do this, I have been in a hot air balloon a few times,” Twilight whispered to herself. She looked over to the roped that was keeping the balloon close to the ground. She used her magic to untie the rope. She looked up to the cord and pulled it, causing fire to shoot up and take the ballon a few feet off of the ground. She ran to the other side of the basket and tugged on the sandbag causing it to fall on the ground with a loud thump.

The hot air balloon flew high in the sky. Twilight looked over the edge to see flashing red and blue lights. The authorities had come and were escorting ponies to the hospital. She ducked her head down to make sure nobody saw her.

Twilight reached into her back and pulled out a map of Equestria from her geography class.

“Right now we’re heading South so we should reach Appleoosa in about an hour,” Twilight said to Spike. Spike stared at her with a confused expression, not understanding what was going on.

To be completely honest, Twilight didn’t even know what she was going to do. She was a wanted convict now. She didn’t even know anything about Appleoosa. Even if she did successfully get to Appleoosa, the news about a criminal filly would get out pretty quickly. A large gust of wind blew causing Twilight to snap out of her thoughts.

The hot air balloon swayed back and forth. Twilight gripped onto the sides of the balloon, trying to keep her balance. Another gust of wind came, pushing the balloon in a different direction. Twilight went to go look at her map, but it got blown away in the wind. Spike gripped onto Twilights' hind leg in fear.

The balloon started to fall towards the ground, making both children in the balloon scream. Twilight picked up Spike and held him close to her chest. Her horn started to glow. A magical bubble surrounded them. The balloon landed on the ground with a loud crash. The basket broke into little pieces and the balloon got stuck in a tree. Twilight opened her eyes to see that they were in the middle of a dark, scary forest. Twilight started to shake in fear. She slowly undid the bubble and put Spike on her back.

Twilight rummaged through the remains of the basket to grab her saddleback. She slid it on her back and looked around. It was almost too dark to see anything. Twilight did a simple light spell to see where she was going. She turned around to see a large castle. She squinted at it for a few seconds before gasping loudly.

“This is the Castle of The Two Sisters!” Twilight exclaimed happily. Spike let out a yawn and laid on her back. Twilight smiled and walked into the castle. Her face scrunched up in disgust as she saw moss growing out from the walls and spiders crawling around.

“I just need to find a bedroom to sleep in for the night,” Twilight whispered to herself as she searched castle. As if Celestia herself had heard her, she walked into a bedroom. The sheets and pillows on the bed wear purpled and a large crescent moon was on the headboard. Twilight levitated the blanket and shook it out, causing dust to dust everywhere. She started to cough as the dust got into her lungs.

Twilight put Spike on the dusty bed and laid down next to him. Spike cuddled into her tightly. Twilight felt her eyes start to close.

Tomorrow marked the day of her new life.