• Published 4th Jan 2019
  • 4,186 Views, 93 Comments

Leave It All Behind - ShowShine



After Twilight destroys her school, she runs away from home, taking Spike with her. She stumbles across a small town called Ponyville.

  • ...
6
 93
 4,186

Sales

Author's Note:

Sorry that this took so long, I haven’t had any motivation to keep up with this

Big Mac, Applejack, and Twilight pulled carts filled with apples into the town market place. They unloaded the apples into the stand as Granny Smith placed Applebloom and Spike onto the dirt. They both started to roll around in it, happily playing. Spike wore an eyepatch with a shiny red apple on it. Applejack and Twilight stood happily at a fruit stand, bouncing excitedly. It was their first sale ever. Granny Smith handed her and Applejack a stack of paper.

“Try to bring as many flyers to as many ponies as you can. Bring Spike and Applebloom with ya so ponies feel like they should buy something from children.” Granny explained. Both fillies nodded there heads and grabbed the babies from off of the ground.

“Let’s split up, we’ll cover more ground that way.” Applejack stated. Twilight nodded her head and levitated her papers. Spike played with Twilight's hair, giggling happily. Twilight walked over to a large stallion. She already felt herself trembling. She had forgotten about how bad she was at interacting with ponies. She tapped the stallion's leg, causing him to turn around. She held a flyer up to him shakily.

“W-would you like to buy s-some apples? They’re fresh from Sweet Apple A-acres.” Twilight stuttered out. The stallion looked at her with a straight face before smiling. He took the flyer from her and walked over to the apple stand. Twilight gave a look of surprise. If she did that in Canterlot, they would usually scoff and walk away. Twilight smiled. This would be a lot easier than she thought.


Twilight hopped over to Granny Smith happily with a large grin on her face and stars in her eyes.

“I gave away all of the posters!” Twilight exclaimed happily. Granny gave a surprised look.

“Already?” She asked in disbelief. Twilight nodded her head.

“Ponies felt sorry for Spike being blind out of one eye.” She explained. Granny smiled slightly.

“Go get Applejack, Applebloom, and Big Mac for lunch,” Granny said. Twilight handed Spike to Granny and hopped off. This is the best she had ever interreacted ponies in her life. She spotted Applejack holding Applebloom inches from a mares face.

“Look at this face, look at it! Do you want this baby to go homeless, do you?!” Applejack shouted, shoving Applebloom into the mares face. Big Mac tugged on her tail, causing her to stumble back. The mare ran off into a different direction with a panicked expression on her face. He glared at her.

“Applejack, what were you thinking?!” Big Mac exclaimed angrily. Applejacks ears flattened.

“I just wanted to make some sales.” She said sadly, looking at the ground. Big Mac sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

“I know but you can’t just go shoving things into ponies faces.” He stated. Twilight walked over to them and cleared her throat.

“Granny said to come get lunch,” Twilight stated. They both nodded there heads and followed Twilight back to the stand. Granny Smith stood there, opening a container of apple fritters. Spikes' face lit up when he saw Applebloom. He reached up his hands to her and giggled. Applejack placed Applebloom next to Spike. The hugged each other tightly, laughing happily.

“Eat up you three, you need the energy to sell,” Granny commanded. The three fillies grabbed as many fritters as they could. Twilight took a bite. It was delicous. Granny Smith fed Applebloom and Spike.

“Done!” Applejack and Twilight shouted in unison. Granny gave them a look of surprise.

“You two really want to sell don’t you?” Granny asked. They both nodded there heads happily. Granny rolled her eyes and chuckled. “You two go start selling again, I’ll watch the babies.” She stated. Twilight took half of Applejacks flyers. They both walked off in the same direction. Applejack pointed to a nearby hill. In the distance, there was a silhouette of ponies.

“Let’s go to the top of the hill, it’s a great tourist sight and tourists would try anything.” Applejack said. Twilight nodded and they both made their way to the hill. They passed ponies who were walking away from the hill. Applejack sprinted towards them and held up a flyer.

“Do ya wanna taste the best apples in Equestria, cause if you do try Sweet Apple Acres apples!” Applejack said with a large toothy grin. The ponies took the flyer and walked over to the stand. Applejack looked at Twilight with a wide smile. “That was the first flyer I’d given away all day!” She exclaimed in excitement. Twilight chuckled.

“We can give away more flyers when we get to the top of the hill. Twilight stated. Applejack nodded her head and both fillies made there way up the hill.


Twilight panted heavily, finally reaching the top of the hill. Applejack turned around from passing a stallion a flyer.

“Took ya long enough, I’ve been up here for ten minutes!” Applejack stated. Twilight caught her breath, now sweating heavily.

“Sorry, I’m just not used to walking up hills,” Twilight stated. Canterlot was just flat ground so this was a new experience. She walked over to a stallion and went to get his attention, but stopped when she heard the conversation he was having with a mare.

“I feel so terrible about what happened to him, he was so young. He didn't deserve to go.” The stallion said with a shaky voice. The mare wrapped her hoof around his shoulders.

“It was a freak accident, no one knows how the plant destroyed the school.” The mare comforted. Twilight's heart pounded in her chest.

“I heard that it was a spell that went wrong. Some child must’ve been trying it a spell behind someone back.” The stallion stated. The mare shook her head and let out a huff. Twilights stomach started to churn.

"Whoever did it should be punished for what they did." The mare stated in a cold tone. Twilight's heart started to race and she took a few steps back. They had to be talking about her, there no way they weren't. Applejack touched her shoulder, making her whip her head around.

“Are you okay?” Applejack asked. Twilight threw her flyers onto the ground and ran down the hill in a panic.

“Twilight wait!” Applejack exclaimed. Twilight ignored her cries and ran out of the town market place and into town. She didn’t know where she was going, she just needed to get away. She stopped running to catch her breath. She looked around to see that she was standing in a park. It was mostly empty. Twilight walked under a tree and curled up into a ball, crying to herself.

” I killed so many ponies I didn’t mean to do it. I ruined so many ponies lives.” Twilight thought to herself as she continued to sob to herself. Soon, she drifted off to sleep.


Twilight awoke to feel someone softly shaking her awake. Twilight opened her eyes to see Granny Smith standing over her. She sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. The sun was setting, making the sky a pretty mix of purple and orange.

“What are you going out here? Applejack said you ran off.” Granny asked. Twilights ears flattened.

“You know how the School of Magic in Canterlot got destroyed?” Twilight asked. Granny Smith cocked her eyebrow in confusion and nodded her head.

“It was me, I destroyed the school. I was trying a new spell behind my teachers back and it made a giant plant that destroyed the school. I ran away with Spike so I didn’t get in trouble. Please just turn me in.” Twilight said, her head hanging low. Granny Smith put her hoof on her shoulder.

“Now wait just a minute, I ain’t turnin in one of my grandchildren over a mistake. You can stay in Ponyville as long as you want and no one can force you to leave.” Granny Smith reassured. Twilight sniffled and hugged her tightly.

“Thank you so much, Granny Smith,” Twilight said. Granny smiled.

“You’re welcome, now let’s go back to the barn, Macintosh is making spaghetti.” She said as she and Twilight started to walk away. Twilight gave a shaky smile, wiping her eyes.

“I won’t go back to Canterlot ever again.”