• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 2,416 Views, 26 Comments

Fables From Equestria - Shingo

  • ...
1
 26
 2,416

Graduation

Up above the skies of Canterlot was a swirling purple vortex. Floating just under the eye of the vortex was the princess of the sun. Her eyes were focusing on the swirling energies. A smile was on her face.

“Soon, nopony will stand in my way,” she said. Off in the distance, she spotted a pale blue glow. The glow seemed to be moving closer to her at high speeds. “What is tha…” The blue glow tackled her from the air. The glow was coming from a blue balloon shaped gem. The gem was at the center of a golden necklace. Wearing it was a pink earth pony with a poofy pink mane. Her eyes burned with a fiery determination.

“Interfering again?” Celestia asked. The pink pony kept pushing Celestia downwards.

“Twilight once said that we can’t move forward through hatred!” the pink pony said. “That’s why I’ll take your anger and despair and turn it around to befriend you!” With her hind legs, she kicked Celestia to the ground. The pink pony back flipped and landed on her hooves while Celestia fell on her back.

“Silly little mare,” she said getting up. Celestia looked straight at the pink pony with anger in her eyes. “Tell me, Pinkie, what do you think you can accomplish?” The necklace’s glow stopped.

“I have a present for you,” Pinkie answered. “Take it. But first, look over there!” She pointed behind Celestia. Her eyes closed as a chuckle left her mouth.

“I’ve been alive far longer than you can imagine,” she said. “I highly doubt that…” The world felt as it were moving at incredibly high speeds for Celestia. When she opened her eyes, both she and Pinkie were standing in the throne room of Canterlot Castle. Her eyes looked around the room in confusion.

“The throne room? How did we get here?” Her eyes reached the end of the room. Instead of a throne being there, a stage stood in its place. A red and white stripped backdrop stood behind four ponies and a baby dragon. At the center of the back drop was a golden folding screen. In front of that was a table with a vase on it. The vase held a bouquet of flowers; the flowers were as bright and vibrant as the sun. Two flags were hanging beside the folding screen: one burned and one in pristine condition. The pristine flag was that of Equestria’s. The burnt flag had what looked like a purple six-pointed star on it. Surrounding the star were five other shapes: a cyan balloon, a red lightning bolt, a pink butterfly, an orange apple, and a purple diamond. Each of the ponies wore a necklace sharing one of the shapes. The baby dragon was holding a tiara with a star shaped amethyst on it. Above all that was a banner.

Graduation Ceremony

Thank you, Princess Celestia

-The Children of Harmony

All five of the stage’s occupants stepped forward.

“Everyone,” Spike said. “Bow.” He and the four ponies bowed their heads. After a few seconds, they raised their heads.

“Opening words,” Spike continued. “We will now be graduating from the influence of Princess Celestia.”

“What are you blathering on about?” Celestia asked. Pinkie’s right hoof tapped her shoulder.

“Please accept our feelings, Princess!” her hoof pointed at Celestia. She ran forward and attempted to punch Celestia. The alabaster alicorn was pushed back. Pinkie kept attacking. A white hoof pushed Pinkie to the ground. She rolled and got up. Again, she attacked Celestia. Pinkie jumped in the air and put a hoof across Celestia’s face. Celestia stumbled.

“To continue, parting words from the graduates,” Spike said. A white unicorn to his right walked ahead of the group.

“Thank you, Princess Celestia,” she said. “I’m grateful to you for keeping our country in peace.” Pinkie kicked the princess in the chest. An orange pony joined her white companion.

“We’ve met irreplaceable friends during your rule,” she said. “And we ourselves became better ponies.” Celestia’s shoulders were grabbed by the pink pony. Her head was thrust forward and crashed into Celestia’s. To Spike’s left, a cyan pegasus stepped forward.

“From your tasks, we saw our ugliness and weaknesses,” she said. “But by overcoming them, we found our strength.” One of Pinkie’s hind legs collided with the side of Celestia’s face. A yellow pegasus hid under her mane as she stepped forward.

“We’re all small,” she said. Her head was lifted and part of her mane was slid to the side. “But even if our hooves are small, if we all reach together we can catch something big.” Pinkie jumped back as Celestia tried to fight back.

“We’ll use our hands and hooves to grasp on to this country where we learned that!” Spike said. “This country, the Earth, and even the universe…” His right hand was raised. “We will all grab on to them ourselves!” The hand was clenched into a fist. Pinkie pushed the solar princess back. She looked at the princess with a smile on her face.

“Hope is always on our side,” she said. “This is our bond. That’s why today… we’re graduating from being your students.” Spike threw the tiara at Pinkie. She caught it and placed it over her head. “And we’re graduating Equestria from your control!” All five of the necklaces gave off a glow. Celestia laughed at the sight.

“Pretty words,” she laughed. “But that’s all they are. You can’t use the Elements of Harmony. The bearer of magic is dead. Without her, you can’t use the Elements’ power.” From the five ponies, coloured energy moved from their necklaces. The energies touched the amethyst. Violet energy began covering Pinkie’s body. Celestia moved back in shock.

“How?” The group in front of her smiled.

“It seems you’ve forgotten a lesson of yours,” Pinkie said.

“One of the most important lessons you’ve taught us,” Applejack added.

“A lesson that everypony should know,” Rarity said.

“A lesson that we all hold close to our hearts,” Spike put a hand over his chest.

“A lesson that will stand the test of time,” Rainbow Dash flashed a cocky grin.

“A lesson that the very country we stand in was founded on,” Fluttershy pushed the last of her mane out of her face.

“And that would be?” The last of the energy covered Pinkie’s body. The tiara shined with the intensity of a star. Pinkie’s mane erupted into fuchsia coloured fire.

“Friendship is magic,” she said. Pinkie leapt up to punch Celestia. Her horn lit up, creating a barrier between herself and the flaming pony. As the two of them struggled against each other, the stage’s occupants were cheering. The necklaces’ glow strengthened and the barrier cracked. Pinkie eventually pushed her way past and pushed a hoof through the princess. She stood a few feet behind her. The violet energy returned to the tiara and her mane returned to normal.

“Representing all the graduates, the Element of Laughter,” Pinkie slicked back her mane. “Pinkameina Diane Pie.” Celestia weakly turned to the pink pony. Cracks were forming on her body as she did so. Her face contorted in pain as she fell to the ground. Sound akin to ceramic shattering echoed in the room. The stage’s occupants and Pinkie approached the fallen alicorn. All around the alicorn were pieces of what looked like shattered white ceramic. She was slightly taller than the assembled ponies and had a pink mane and tail.

“Impossible,” she said trying to stand. Pinkie kneeled down to face Celestia.

“Impossible for you,” she said. “But that’s because you’ve lost sight of what’s important. You once ruled this great country with love and friendship. Somewhere along the line, that changed. But it can still be that way once more. Be my friend, Princess.” Celestia looked up at her.

“Twilight, and Princess Luna too,” Pinkie said smiling. “I’m sure that’s what they would have wanted.” Celestia struggled to stand.

“What are you?” she asked. Pinkie stood up, still smiling.

“I’m Pinkamenia Diane Pie,” her right hoof tapped her shoulder twice. “I’m the pony who’ll befriend all the ponies in Equestia!” The hoof was pointed at Celestia. She pushed it forward inviting the alicorn to shake it. Celestia looked to Pinkie with confusion. Her right hoof cautiously grasped the pink pony’s. Pinkie shook, cupped, and hit the end of Celestia’s hoof. The top of Celestia’s hoof was then hit, followed by the bottom. A warm smile appeared on Pinkie’s face, and Celestia slowly matched that expression.

“Come on,” Pinkie said. “It’s time to make things as they once were.”

***
A/N: Ten hypothetical dollars (or the equivalent thereof) to whoever guesses where this scene originally comes from. And ten more hypothetical dollars (or the equivalent thereof) if you can guess who's replacing what character.