• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 2,416 Views, 26 Comments

Fables From Equestria - Shingo

  • ...
1
 26
 2,416

Amore and Arias

Fluttershy was letting the winds carry her home. In her mouth was a basket with supplies in it. She had run out of necessities and of course, needed more. In the basket was something else though, a bottle of cabernet sauvignon. This particular wine was Rarity’s favourite. Fluttershy was nearly bubbling with glee. Soon, so it’ll be ready. I just need a few more things before I ask the question. As she was flying over Carousel Boutique, she heard a gentle humming. She looked down to find Rarity wearing a yellow sun hat. She was behind her home planting flowers and humming. Fluttershy landed just out of her sight and observed. Upon closer inspection, Fluttershy noticed that Rarity was planting morning glories, one of her favourites. When Rarity planted the last flower, she began to sing.

“I don’t want to set the world on fire,” she sang. “I just want to start, a flame in your heart.” Fluttershy’s heart beat like a drum. A gentle blush appeared on her face. A wistful sigh escaped her mouth. The smell of the morning glories wafted to her. A small smile appeared on her face.

“In my heart I have but one desire,” Rarity continued singing. “And that one is you, no other will do.” Fluttershy sighed again.

“Oh Rarity,” she whispered. “You have such a beautiful voice. I could listen to it for an eternity.” Rarity’s head shot up. She turned to Fluttershy. Said pony blanched.

“Oh my gosh! Did I say that out loud?!” she began to panic. “I’m so sorry Rarity! I didn’t mean to intrude or stare at you! I’ll just be going now, okay bye!” She grabbed her basket and launched herself into the air. Before she could fly far away, a blue aura caught her. Fluttershy turned around and found Rarity smiling at her. She set Fluttershy down and approached her.

“I’ve lost all ambition for worldly acclaim,” Rarity sang. “I just want to be the one you love. And with your admission, that you feel the same: I’ll have reached the goal I’m dreaming of…” Rarity put one of her hooves under Fluttershy’s chin.

“Believe me,” she finished. Fluttershy’s face became a deep shade of red. “Fluttershy, I’m a little sad you heard that. But now you know!”

Thump!

“Fluttershy, my dearest friend, there’s something I have to tell you.”

Thump!

“Every word that I sang is true! I care for you more then you could possibly imagine.”

Th-thump! Th-thump! Th-thump!

“But I understand if you don’t feel the same,” Rarity sighed. “Just know that I don’t want our relationship to change, despite my feelings for you.” Rarity turned around and began the trek back inside her home. The gears in Fluttershy’s mind began turning. Every word that I sang is true. That particular phrase echoed in her mind. A large smile appeared on her face. She ran towards the ivory pony. She cut Rarity off before she reached the entrance.

“Fluttershy, I know I said something I shouldn’t have but…” Rarity was silenced as Fluttershy’s lips met her own. Rarity’s eyes shot open. When Fluttershy broke the kiss, a blush appeared on both ponies’ faces. “But, how, why I…” Fluttershy gently pressed her hoof to Rarity’s lips.

“I say I’ll go through fire,” Fluttershy sang. “And I’ll go through fire. As she wants it, so it will be. Crazy she calls me, sure I’m crazy.” Fluttershy nuzzled the pony in front of her.

“Crazy in love, you see.”