• Published 13th Nov 2018
  • 2,505 Views, 892 Comments

Halls of the Changeling King - Nameless Narrator



A little changeling drone couldn't make it for the big invasion. With the help of other desperate changelings, he avoided pony retribution as long as he could, but in the end, ponies found him. Now alone, he's just trying to survive.

  • ...
10
 892
 2,505

PreviousChapters Next
35: Finishing off side-quests, and earning last Paragon points before the final battle.

With a pleasured moan of relief after everything that’s happened recently, I lower myself into the steaming water of the Brauheim public bath house built around a hot spring. To be completely accurate - built around a place into which the water heated by a magma flow near the mines has been redirected. Of course, the bath house today is much more private than public, because Black Soil used the council authority and money to rent the whole place for us changelings for today.

We deserve it after yesterday.

Right now, I’m sitting in a large, shallow pool reaching to my waist in a wide, open room alone, so I let my back rest against the floor, and only prop my head so that I don’t drown. Sadly, this place is still dwarf-sized, but the water is hot, and it does wonders to relax the aching muscles under my chitin. Closing my eyes, I gently inspect the hive links in case of any unexpected trouble.

For once, there’s nothing.

“Heya, boss!” Three is the second to arrive, stopping at the edge of the pool, and cautiously dipping a hoof inside. He and Six are the only one who will be able to use the pool effectively thanks to their size.

“Hi, Three,” I smile without opening my eyes, “Hop inside, the water is aaaaawesome. I wish we knew about this place a lot earlier.”

A rush of hoofsteps announces the approach of Eleven. I don’t even know where to start with it- him- them- eh, let’s go with him. Come to think about it, with the size of his bodies, the pool will find its use in the end. No idea how Eight managed to spawn something like Eleven, but we found a fun way to call him just in case it happens again at some point - a swarmling.

To explain, we didn’t have much time to sort things out yesterday after Two saved all our asses. Eight and I were exhausted, Five was at death’s door after trying to fight Eight, Seven was barely standing due to the magic expenditure, so we just split up, informed Six and Ten to stop panicking, and then we enjoyed our newest favorite hive game - collectively passing out. I woke up in the afternoon today, checked out if anything has gone horribly wrong, and after discovering that nothing had, I wanted a break from everything, at least for today.

Which brings us to here and now.

“Eeeek, Eleven!” Three beams.

“Hello-”

“-Three-”

“-we-”

“-learn-”

“-talk-”

“-now.”

Neat. For a day-old little monstrosity, he’s learning fast, although synchronizing how he talks will take some practice. I mean, each head saying one word, but in perfect cadence of a normally speaking changeling, is kinda creepy. Coupled with the fact that after seeing him fight yesterday, my stomach still kinda turns. He’s weak, but he’s got teeth similar to One’s, like a swarm of piranhas.

“Boss! Bossbossboss! THEY’RE ADORABLE, CAN WE KEEP THEM?”

Three apparently disagrees.

“Obviously yes,” I mumble.

“Eeeeeeeee!” Three’s just letting out this weird, quiet, high-pitched squee, unable to decide how to proceed, while Eleven is giving him a needle-y smile of pure, innocent joy. It’s a weird creature, but a simple one as a freshly born changeling who’s seen some shit pretty early into life.

A tiny Three appears on real Three’s shoulder. This one is white with short, blond mane, and has angel wings on his back.

”Hug him- them, I mean! Hug ‘em all!” he says.

With another poof, a second, red Three appears floating above real Three’s other shoulder, this one with demon wings.

”Hey, you look like miss One!” thinks Three.

”I agree with the overall huggery,” says demon Three.

”Wait, aren’t you supposed to be my evil side or something?” Three tries to poke the ‘evil’ one who quickly dodges out of the way.

”Well, I dunno,” ‘evil’ Three thinks for a moment, ”Hug them all… BUT HARDER! MWAHAHAHAAAA!”

Finally decided on the right course of action, Three scoops four Elevens, trying to hug them all at once.

The Elevens who remain un-squeezed exchange glances, and then pile on Three in return. Literally.

“AAAAH, SO MANY LEGS FOR HUGGING!” squeaks Three, muffled by a pile of chitin covering him completely.

“You okay, Three?” I raise my voice a little, but remain in the water.

“I’M DYING OF HAPPYYYYY!”

Heavy steps followed by splashing of water sharply contrast with the background of giggling and shuffling coming from Three and Eleven.

“So you are Two’s king...” the deep, lightly nasal voice of Cryo makes me open my eyes, and sit back up. Considering that my only experience with her is her hive mind memory version who was less than friendly, her massive body towering over me isn’t exactly comforting.

She’s as tall as Eight despite a shorter horn, and even broader. She kinda reminds me of a beetle in a way, but I wouldn’t say it to her face. Her blue eyes, mane, tail, and secondary plating makes her fairly similar to me, though. Strangely enough, she’s not yelling nonsense like yesterday, but Two said something in Cryo’s mind was sort of… damaged, so I should be patient with her. Considering she’s the one who figured out the cure for the Twisted infection, I won’t be complaining any time soon.

“Yes, but I prefer boss or dad, really,” I answer, curious and a little worried about where this is going.

“There can’t be two rulers in one hive,” she says, making shiver run down my spine despite the steaming water.

Is she… challenging me to a duel?

No. She doesn’t strike me like the scheming type. If she wanted to fight me, she wouldn’t be talking. She’s a warrior if ever I saw one. So… what does she mean?

“I doubt anyone from my hive would call me a ruler. More a caretaker, maybe. I just want to offer a safe home to any changeling who wants it.”

“DO YOU KNOW WHO MY COFFEE IS?” aaand her ‘normal’ self is back.

“Uhh, what?” I lean away from the loud voice which finally interrupts Three and Eleven’s playtime.

Cryo shakes her head.

“MY BEARD IS BEYOND MEASURE!”

“Do you want to stay with us?” I give my, at this point usual, strategy a shot.

“MY GLORIOUS HIVE AGREES!” Cryo smiles victoriously.

“Where... are they?” I turn my head. Aren’t they supposed to be all dead… most by her hoof? Ohhhhh… I think I understand now. Ancient, long lost and broken queen, with nothing but memories.

Easily tapping into her barely protected mind, I instantly know how right I was. She’s not even carrying her hive like I carried the rulers inside me, all she really does have are fractured, mostly faded memories of her changelings. Maybe she deserves a chance to make some more?

With a smile, I chuckle:

“Two could always use an aunt.”

“IMUSTGO,MYHIVENEEDSME!BZZZZZZZ...” Cryo’s wings make waves as she floats up, hits her head against the ceiling, and then disappears through the door out.

“I think she’s just nervous,” the air nearby wobbles, and Gem appears, slowly stepping into the pool, “Ahhh… I could do this every day,” she lowers herself next to me.

“How long have you been listening?”

“Since Three got mobbed,” Gem laughs as she nods to Three now walking around with one Eleven on each his legs, one on his head, and two on his back.

“Look, I’m giving buggy rides now!” he tries to raise his hoof to wave, but carrying a live, pint-sized changeling bracelet is still too much weight to do that.

“How about you two come in here?” offers Gem, “You’ll love the water.”

Aaand now the pool is a lot more lively.

***

In the changing room outside, Eight is sitting on a bench, staring into nowhere.

Five…

The courage it took for the warrior to fight Eight…

The result of the fight was a forgone conclusion, obviously, but she never gave up, she would fight to the death if she had to. Luckily, she didn’t. She would, of course, play any mention about it off as just existing to serve the hive, but Eight has known a lot of warriors… hole, she killed countless of them in her life for food or practice… and the courage something like this must have taken was astounding.

Eight is genuinely at loss for words and, more importantly, any ideas how to appreciate what Five did properly.

Speaking of the badly bruised and scarred warrior with fractures criss-crossing her chitin, she limps from behind a row of lockers, and gives Eight a quick bow, her diamond nose ring catching the white light coming from the ceiling.

“Is anything wrong, queen?” she asks.

Eight looks up at her and smiles.

“Nothing, and drop the title. You did an excellent job, Five, and I don’t consider you as someone under myself.”

“I only serve the hive, q- Eight,” Five looks at the floor, but Eight is sharp enough to notice the ripped corner of Five’s mouth curling up a little. A dismissive wave of Eight’s hoof makes the wounded warrior start walking away.

“...then we’ll do our best to make this a hive worth serving, Five...” whispers Eight after Five leaves.

With a sigh, Eight stands up, and hears a fresh set of soft hoofsteps enter. Looking towards the entrance, she spots Two who is staring at her with a determined expression. The young infiltrator has cleared the worst of her wounds and scars from fighting the transformation, but has left many as mementos of what she’s gone through. Healing her milky white eye is beyond her power, though.

“I’ve come to apologize,” says Two, not breaking eye contact with Eight as she approaches, “What I did to you down there was stupid beyond all imagination. I accept any punishment which I more than deserve.”

Eight puts a hoof under Two’s chin.

“I thought you came here to have a relaxing bath,” she sighs, “Look, I’ve said my piece about leaving you as an egg, and I stand by it. My decision was the correct one at the time, and my only goal was getting the boss back at any cost. I don’t regret anything, but now I have one more reason not to. You’re my daughter. I’ve been through adversity and hell very few other changelings can understand, and that’s what makes us grow. Without other changelings trying to kill me on daily basis, without fighting stronger and stronger ranks I wouldn’t be the changeling I’m now, and the same is true if I hadn’t met the boss. You… you’ve had to deal with problems hive infiltrators can’t even dream of since day one from what I heard, and you’ve come out self-sufficient. That’s all I could ever hope for. If you ever have a problem, I likely won’t listen to you crying about it and comfort you, but I will do my best to kick you in the right direction. You’ve made me proud, and I’m sure you will do so again many times in the future.”

Two shifts under Eight’s focused stare, but before she can say anything, Cryo barrels through the changing room door, yelling:

“I AM YOUR WISHING WELL NOW!”

And now the mother-daughter moment is irrevocably fucked.

Eight walks over to Cryo, brows furrowed.

“Huh… I remember punching your horn through your skull.”

Cryo beams.

“I ENJOY CUPCAKES!” she offers Eight a hoof to shake.

“She’s happy to meet you, I think,” translates Two, “As a brutal warrior meeting another one or something of that sort,” she turns to leave, “Anyway, that’s all I wanted. I was ready to face my punishment without whining and evasion. I’m sorry… that’s all.”

Eight stops shaking Cryo’s hoof, and catches up to Two.

“You will go and train under One once she gets back, which I’m sure she will. Her personality will be punishment enough. Now stop apologizing and don’t let your hot head control you again.”

“Look who’s talking,” Two and Eight lock stares for a moment, then they both grin, and Two adds, “Mom.”

“BZZZZZZZ!” Cryo starts bumping into a ceiling light.

Eight just rolls her eyes.

***

Peace.

Seven and Six arrived soon after one another. Even Ten came from Rift, although Bright Star couldn’t make it on account of some business deal with the minotaur warlord. I would have liked to listen to more stories about the world outside, and this time I don’t mean gathering information about a horrible cult of overpowered tentacle guys.

Cryo is juggling three Elevens for some reason while Eight is trying to do the same. Two thinks she’s sneakily observing Gem, but the slightest peek into Gem’s mind shows she’s fully aware and slightly amused by it.

A burning portal appears above the pool, spitting out One on fire which hisses out when she belly flops into the shallow water. Teeth bared, she immediately turns around and glares at Seven.

“Why didn’t you braindead fucknugget redo the summoning ritual immediately?!” she yells in his face. Of course, said target being Seven, he’s just quietly smoldering under the fiery stare of a pissed off, hot mare. Alright, enough of the fire puns, “Making me do a bunch of random teleports and stuff...” One ends up grumbling.

“I take it that giving the documents to Scream went well?” I save Seven by drawing One’s attention. She just shrugs.

“She took what I brought, then I waited for this demonologist wannabe to bring me back to save your asses, and once I was almost sure he got eaten already, I started teleporting around Equestria. It didn’t help that I had only a faint idea where you really were.”

“Two got to us in time with a method to fight the infection inside,” I nod to Two now openly staring at One with her jaw dropped.

“Neat,” One closes Two’s mouth manually, “Saves me the questions about who she is. By the way,” she adds innocently, “Why is there a fucking Cryo here, juggling a changeling abomination with eleven bodies and one mind?”

One Eleven hugs One’s foreleg, presumably trying to make friends. After observing the swarmling, and a half-hearted attempt to shake him off, One rolls her eyes, “Screw it, you were a drone with double-digit amount of changeling rulers in your head. Who am I to argue?”

That makes me laugh. Eight apparently realizes something, and drops all three Elevens who splash into the water.

“Hey, One, I’ve got someone to punish. She’ll be your infiltrator pupil,” Eight points at Two.

“Sadist...” One grins, “What is she in for?”

“High treason against the hive, technically,” Eight waves her hoof dismissively, “But I think that with the right training, she’ll be able to match Gem here one day.”

Gem feels Two’s prying mental influence through her hive link, and smiles to herself.

”Nice try, but you’re wasting a lot of energy needlessly,” she answers internally, making Two freeze by taking control of her body instantly, ”Miss One is an excellent teacher, but if it ever becomes too much, I’ll be happy to spend some time with you if I’m around.”

She lets shocked Two go. One, of course, is fully aware of the exchange, and through her, so am I.

“Let’s leave the details for later. Today, we’ve earned a bit of rest and relaxation,” I cut all business talk short.

***

It’s two days later, and Hard Reset has called all of us to the castle workshop rebuilt into the most advanced dwarven laboratory in Brauheim. The dwarf meets us by the entrance, and when the metal door slides into the wall with a hiss of air, I can immediately see Stompy standing in the center of a large room behind a window straight ahead, seemingly in one piece.

“Welcome to the lab, king,” the young dwarf greets our small procession, “Please, don’t touch anything or use magic here. It might interfere with our readings, and our improved equipment is makeshift at best.”

“What’s this all about?” I ask, “Granite told me you wanted all of us here, but didn’t say why.”

Hard Reset shifts in his armor-plated lab coat, and clears his throat.

“In short, we need your help. Three told me you had a way of surviving the contact with Twisted, which unfortunately works only for you. We haven’t been able to make any relevant protective equipment despite Stompy’s help yet, although we’re getting somewhere with the personal energy barriers, and we don’t have the few months for full development and testing,” he sighs, “I’m sure Granite told you that the patrols have chased Twisted away quite often, but they are spreading deeper into the underground, albeit slowly. We need to stop that, but you’re the only ones who can do it safely. In the meantime, we’ve had to close off four more deep core mines, which is hindering our ability to stick to the minotaur trade treaties, and eventually it will limit our ability to replenish broken research equipment or even ammo for long-range weapons.”

“We can fight them, quite effectively even now that we don’t have to worry about infection, but we can’t find them.”

According to Two’ story about Cryo, her hive was able to finish the purge, but they had the original Silversmith equipment which we don’t have, other than Stompy. However, that’s where Hard Reset gives us an encouraging smile.

“While we haven’t been able to replicate weapon and shielding systems,” he says, “We’ve got the third best thing - sensors, namely the area scanner and its power source. It’s kinda big, so one of you will have to carry a backpack, but it can detect Twisted quite a long distance away. From the underground maps Stompy and Three drew for us, we’ve managed to draft a route you should take to be able to scan the vast majority of the area. We’ve set up ultrasound probes we use to repel the wildlife so that Twisted didn’t have any biomass to follow too far. If you check the route we made up, we think you should catch and eliminate all the remaining Twisted.”

I shrug. I’m pretty sure that the last time we fought them our weakness was caused by the infestation, so if we can fight head-on we should be able to deal with a lot, especially if we’re well armed.

No, this isn’t even a decision. We can’t run away from this if Twisted spread, so we have to finish what the ancient dwarves and later Cryo’s hive failed to.

“Yay, we’ll teach the spindlies friendship!” Three punches the air.

Behind the window, a plate on Stompy’s shoulder slides away, and a pilot light of a flamethrower flares up.

“Fires of friendship fully operational, high-general,” rumbles the mech, surprising the passing dwarven engineers.

Good hearing. I wonder if Stompy is a machine, or one of the old dwarves made into machines. I should ask at some point.

”You know that he really thinks that’s what’s going on, right?” asks One inside my head, her question shielded from everyone but Eight.

”I’d rather be a punching bag for that Vigil guy than tell Three he basically annihilated half of a species with the BFG, hostile or not,” I reply with the vocal equivalent of a raised eyebrow.

”Huuuuh,” One takes a pause, ”I see where you’re coming from, which isn’t a double entendre for once.”

“Oh, and speaking about fire,” Hard Reset smacks his forehead, “We’ve managed to stabilize a plasma cell for the BFG. We had to do it at night and turn off the whole power grid for few hours, but we’ve got one. It kinda burned out our systems, though, so no idea when we’ll be able to make another.”

I simply nod and turn around to face everyone.

“I guess saying that you don’t need to come with me is pointless-”

Nod nod nod from everyone.

“-so I won’t bother with it. Take today off. Sort out what you need to, go around feeding if there’s nothing you want to sort out. I’ll talk to Granite about the equipment we’re going to need. I’m afraid that a complete purge like this might put us face to face with that Vigil guy, and it might get nasty. That’s all.”

They all bow. Well, Cryo doesn’t, but even she sits down. Shortly after, they scatter.

***

Crumble finishes unloading a minecart filled with iron ore when she hears:

“Hi, mom!”

Turning around, she faces Two, and her body reacts before her brain in rushing over and hugging her daughter. Only then she notices Eight standing behind her, watching Crumble silently.

“TWO!” she nuzzles the changeling, but adds coldly, “Queen...”

Two breaks the hug, and conjures up an apologetic smile.

“I’m so happy you’re alright.”

“Still a little stiff around the chest, but nothing some light cardio won’t sort out,” she encircles the iron ore unloading bay with her hoof, “Now, you know I’m always happy to see you, but what is… she doing here?” Crumble nods to Eight.

“-” Eight opens her mouth, and then closes it, realizing she has absolutely nothing to say. A moment of thought later, she tries again, “We won’t see eye to eye, that’s obvious, but our daughter is remarkable. That’s all. I’ll give you some time alone.”

Walking behind the nearest bend in the tunnel, Eight shakes her head, and sits down. Crumble has all reasons to hate her with the exception of one, and said reason is just talking to her. There’s nothing Eight could do or say to make things better aside from lying outright about being sorry for what she did, and Two would of course know she’s bullshitting.

“I just wanted you two to get to know each other better,” says Two, now hesitant.

“Honey, you know what she did to both of us. I could forgive that, but I can’t forgive the uncaring cruelty with which she split the city and caused so much pain. I just can’t,” says Crumble quietly, “I quite like the king, but her… I’m sorry, Two. And I think she realizes that, which is why she didn’t want to ruin the moment.”

Two closes her eyes, and smiles.

“I suppose you’re right. It was stupid to think everything could be forgiven so easily, but I still want you to know that as long as dad thinks of this place as home, she’ll be the best ally you can ever have in defending it.”

“That’s all I needed to hear to sleep better at night, honey. So, come on, have a seat and tell me what happened since you visited me at the hospital?”

“Sure. I want to visit Topaz later, though, and do some… feeding, if you know what I mean… Well, if he forgives me.”

“Honey, if his feelings for you are real, he will.”

Two’s smile widens.

“So, I’ve got an aunt now-”

***

With a lot more hesitation, Two knocks on a different door in Brauheim, and immediately hears slow hoofsteps inside. In the next moment, it opens, and…

...Eight can’t stop a smirk as Topaz crushes Two in a bear hug, tears welling in his eyes.

“I… I...” the soldier is speechless.

“You’re... crushing... me,” Two chokes out, making Topaz back off instantly.

“I’m sorry about what I said. I couldn’t bear knowing that was the last thing you heard from me before… before… you… I thought you died...”

Two’s shy smile grows more certain. He didn’t consider her a monster for how she acted when Eight was in trouble.

Well, or maybe he did, but it wasn’t as much of a deal as she made of it. Whatever the reason, it certainly makes her breathing a lot easier.

“I got better,” Two grins.

“Your eye...” Topaz takes Two’s face into his hooves.

“Yarrr, Ah need to get meself a wooden leg!” Two softly shoves Topaz’s forelegs away.

The soldier wipes his eyes, and looks behind Two at Eight.

“Your Majesty… will Two be okay?” he asks, now uncertain, but Eight’s light, amused smile makes him hopeful.

“I think she redeemed herself many times over,” says Eight, “Now, speaking of redemption. We’re going to have to go down into the deep again tomorrow, so Two could use a refill. In fact, we both could.”

“Hooves off, slag!” Two pokes Eight’s chest, “That’s my dinner.”

“I was just offering some mother-daughter bondage- I mean bonding. And isn’t it my job to assess your coltfriend?” Eight fakes a hurt expression.

“Not with your actual ass, though,” Two narrows her eyes.

“Got other holes-” the corner of Eight’s mouth twitches at the sight of Topaz’s incoming heart attack.

“No running on technicalities!”

“Fiiiine, fine!” Eight backs off, “I’ll leave you two foals alone then. Have fun!” she gives Topaz a playful wink, still, “But If she comes home before midnight, we’ll have words! Words like ‘ouch’.”

“Mooooom!” whines Two as Eight turns around and walks away, victorious.

***

Not too far away, still limping Five stares at Six standing at a shooting and throwing range.

“So what can I help you with?” she asks.

“This!” Six smiles, offering her something long and thin wrapped in what looks like a tablecloth, “The dwarves haven’t managed to copy Stompy’s weapons, but I bribed few to have a look at your laser turret thingy.”

“If they disassembled it, I’m shooting you out of the biggest cannon the dwarves have.”

“No no no no no!” Six waves his hooves defensively, dropping the thing which Five catches faster than Six can react, “I mean… they put it back really well, but they managed to make this,” he nods to the package, “It needs you to have claws or talons to use it, so it’s just for you.”

Five unwraps it, revealing a long, shiny barrel ending in a beautifully carved wooden stock depicting number five on one side and a flower on the other.

“Five, and a flower as in flower pot. I get it,” Five smirks.

“That’s not all,” Six points at a distant target, “That thing just by the stock is a griffon trigg-”

A burst of red light hits the stone pony target, leaving a scorch mark on its chest.

“Not bad, but a little wimpy,” Five puts the weapon to her ear, listening to strange, quiet hum from inside, “I like the range, though.”

Six pouts.

“Well, that’s not all,” he takes the laser rifle from unresisting Five’s hooves, “I’ve got a little piece to add just for you,” he takes a shorter tobe with glass on both ends, and affixes it to the rifle, looks into it, adjusts it few times, and then adds, “This is a scope. It will help you see even further than you normally could. Aaand the final touch,” he messes around with a bulkier bit between the stock and the barrel, “Try it now, and let’s pick a softer target,” he points to a different shooting lane.

On three legs, Five aims at a pony made of straw, wood, and wrapped in occasional piece of armor. Putting her eye to the scope, Five smirks, finding a spot between the dented helmet and the breastplate.

*Whoosh!*

The target pony bursts into flames instantly, and leaves only a smoldering heap as well as we pieces of charred armor within seconds.

“I’m learning to maintain and even improve that thing. It should be effective at three times the range you just tried, but it takes time for the energy crystals to recharge,” Six observes Five examining the rifle with a VERY satisfied smile, “Dwarves can’t make anything that fires too fast, but this is the best they did on such short notice. I doubt it would be too useful down here, but since Ten can get us on the surface, you might get to try it for real-”

He’s suddenly staring at the face of Five, her teeth barely an inch away from his muzzle. Then she pushes him over on his back, and puts the rifle carefully on the table. Come to think of it, there’s no one else around this late in the evening.

“Now, we can do this Eight’s way, or Three’s way,” she slowly licks Six’s nose.

“Can we take it slow?” he squeaks.

“Three’s way it is then,” she curls around the smaller drone, but with enough suggestive intent clearly relayed by her hind leg between his, and by her soft licking of his neck from behind.

“Imma happy lil’ drone...” mumbles Six.

***

*Tap tap tap tap tap!*

Battlecry turns her head.

Nothing.

Returning so late from her training has slowly become a routine in the current tumultuous times. Granted, normally the silence didn’t feel so creepy, but the empty hallways of Brauheim today are putting her mane on edge.

Is Eight putting on another surprise visit?

“Queen, Eight?” she raises her voice.

Nothing.

And then she spots it.

A barrel by the window of a store she’s just passed has a tiny brown bulge on it- no, behind it.

Without waiting, she jumps towards it, and the brown bulge raises two tiny twigs up.

“Eleven?” she pokes the brown ball which proves to be uncharacteristically soft, and two blue eyes as well as a mouth filled with sharp teeth opens.

Looking around due to sudden shifting noises, she can see a flower pot smiling at her, some grey extension to an anvil growing a head and two excited forelegs, and suddenly there are eleven tiny changelings slowly turning from chameleoning surrounding scenery into their black and teal bodies.

“Boss-”

“-said-”

“-mom-”

“-give-”

“-love.”

The weird speech from all angles make shiver run down Battlecry’s spine, which is immediately replaced by pride welling inside her at her little lings talking.

“You little weirdos,” she shakes her head, “Let’s go. Cooking for one was getting stale anyway.”

With one Eleven on her back and others mobbing behind her, she heads home with a smile.

Author's Note:

Look up "Hands up kitten" on Youtube to see Eleven's reaction to Battlecry jumping on one.

And yes, quicker updates because the story is finished.

PreviousChapters Next