• ...
16
 9
 661

A Crying Princess ~ Chapter 5

Sadly, the distraction wasn’t enough for the unicorn to loosen his grip but it did allow her some wiggle room while she wasn’t in his sight.

Rainbow rotated her wings to allow her to push herself backwards with all her strength. This, of course, caused the unicorn to swing back his head when he felt her slip out of his magic’s grasp. Right as they locked eyes, Rainbow’s hind hooves landed on the ground, she then used her wings along with the step of one hind hoof to swing her left forehoof and smash the leftover food scraps, along with the platter, into the bastard’s face. No doubt leaving a bruise that he wouldn’t forget anytime soon.

He let out a grunt as her front hooves returned to the floor. She reared herself up and kicked with all the strength in her hind legs. Now she was no Apple but when she heard the crack of the pegasus’ jaw as he turned towards her, she knew she bucked hard enough.

Her hooves landed down on the ground. She grinned in pleasure, until she heard another crack. This, however, was not the crack of a bone but rather the shimmering crack of magic.

Somepony just teleported onto the scene.

Rainbow shrugged, he was probably the pony who distracted the guards just long enough to allow her to get the upper hoof. She turned around to thank her savior and- oh. “Hi Spirit.” she spoke in a monotone voice, he stood there, silently accessing the situation. “Hate to say but some of your underlings are kind of dumb.” she sneered.

“You and I both know that newbies don’t always pay attention to their briefing.” he sighed.

“Yeah.. I’ll tell Twi later, they said no maid showed up to the break room and I better get to work.” she stated, “Well maybe I should break the other one’s jaw first.” She rubbed her front hooves together, seeing as the color drain from the poor imbecile’s face.

“Who are you anyway, dude?” the unicorn asked, causing Spirit Wind to sigh and rub his hoof on his head.

Rainbow laughed, “Wow, look! I’m not the only one who finds you forgettable.”

Spirit ignored her statement, “Now I am absolutely certain that you didn’t pay attention in your briefing.” he paused for a moment before he turned, “Come on, we’re all going to go tell the captain what you’ve done.”

Rainbow followed him as he trotted out of the corridor and into the main hallway again. Only stopping when the two idiots didn’t realize they were supposed to follow, which cause them both to have ropes made from Spirit’s magic tied around their necks. “Wait, you mean Captain Armour?” Rainbow spoke up, “I thought he took the day off.”

“He did,” Spirit confirmed, “to console his sister after..” he trailed off. He didn’t need to continue for Rainbow to know what his next words were going to be. She almost felt the need to console him. She shook off the thought immediately, why would she console Fluttershy’s killer? The pony Rainbow was going to kill. “No,” Spirit’s voice tore Rainbow away from her thoughts, “Today we are going to talk to Temporary Captain Strongiron.”

“What?!” Rainbow gasped, “Him?! Why don’t we just go to the Princesses?”

“Think logically Rainbow,” he didn’t even look at her, “Even if we went to the Princesses they would tell us that we should’ve went to Strongiron first.”

“Yeah but! But he’s him! Strongiron, he’s worse than both of those bastards combined!” Rainbow shouted.

“You’re not wrong.” He said, stone faced as ever.

Rainbow stared for a moment, was that it? “Ugh!” she moaned.

“I ink you broke ma jaw.” the pegasus complained from behind them.

“What was that?” Rainbow asked, slightly cheered up by his slurred speech, not bothering to look back she spoke, “I couldn’t hear you over all the blood in your mouth.” She grinned when the guard’s only reply was a moan. Sure, she was being escorted by a jerk with more jerks to meet an even bigger jerk but at least she could still have fun.

Rainbow hated Strongiron. He was a silver coated unicorn with a yellow and orange mane. He was obviously strong as seen from his muscles, he was no doubt a unicorn who considered brawn to be above brains or even magic.

As the group trotted up to him, he took on a cold glare. His eyes bore into Rainbow, she honestly didn’t know why he seemed so bothered by her presence. She rolled her eyes, not even trying to hide her annoyance.

The only good thing about this whole situation is that they didn’t have to enter the guard’s break room, for he stood just outside of it. “What did you do to my guards?” he asked coldly.

“Wha? Why would you assume I did this?” Rainbow asked, “Well I did but a dainty little maid couldn’t possibly-”

“Sir these two guards had clearly not paid any attention in briefing. I know this to be a fact being that they don’t know who Rainbow Dash or I am.” Spirit explained.

“And who exactly is this Rainbow Dash?” he spoke her name like it was slime.

“Sir,” Spirit spoke, “These guards cornered and attempted to attack Rainbow Dash-”

“Not that they could even a lay a hoof on me.” Rainbow cut in.

“And as I’m sure I don’t have to remind you, Rainbow here is close friends with Princess Twilight Sparkle.” Spirit stated.

“Yeah and I’m dating Princess Cadance.” Sarcasm filled Strongiron’s voice, “If she’s so close with the Princess why doesn’t she just complain to her?”

“I normally do!” Rainbow defended, “But somepony insisted that we go and talk to a moron first.”

Spirit seemed unaffected by the fact that Rainbow was annoyed with him, “Why don’t you go tell Princess Twilight now?” he eyed her, “And let’s not waste the good Strongiron’s time, you have my permission to fly to her.”

Rainbow scoffed at him. Who was he to tell her when to fly and when not to? Well, of course she didn’t want to trot all the way to Twilight’s sleeping chambers. She crouched down and took off. Her wings carrying her as fast as she could without flying into a wall as she turned.

Before long she exited the building via a window and flew in through another one for a short cut. Within moments she was inside the corridor that contain Twilight’s room. She landed on the ground and raised a hoof, knocking on her door as Rainbow caught her breath.

“Who is it?” a stallion’s voice responded, which surprised Rainbow for a moment before she remembered that Shining Armor was probably consoling Twilight.

“It’s just me. Rainbow Dash.” She called back.

The door was opened with magenta magic, inviting the pegasus in.

She trotted onward, looking around the dark room, she spotted the alicorn sitting on a couch in the distance next to her brother and a small dragon. Her head was hung, and she was.. Crying? “Twilight..?” Rainbow flew towards her friend, temporarily forgetting her mission, “Are you okay?”

“Okay as I can be.” she laughed a tiny bit, “I guess I should be more worried about you though.”

“I’m fine Twi.” She landed in front of where the princess sat. Pulling her into a hug as she sobbed softly.

“I-it’s just, it doesn’t feel real.” her cries were muffled by Rainbow’s shoulder, “And every time I think about her I remember that she’s.. She’s gone.”

Rainbow felt her heartache. An unbearable sense of sadness washed over her as her stomach twisted into a knot. She felt as though she was keeping Twilight, along with anypony who cares for Fluttershy, from having any sense of relief. Rainbow thought for a moment, prying herself away from the dread and trying to ignore the alicorn she cradled in her arms. For some reason she felt like she couldn’t tell anypony about her curse before but, she now felt like she needed to, even if she shouldn’t. “Twilight, I need to tell you something.”

Author's Note:

Happy New Year~! Here's an update for the few that actually like this story