• ...
16
 9
 661

Some Needy Guards ~ Chapter 4

Rainbow tried not to stare. She tried and failed. The ghost Pinkie didn’t look exactly like her, but it was pretty darn close. The only difference Rainbow could spot was a few gray hairs in her mane, a generally thinner face, and a dim green light that seemed to be glowing off her. She was no doubt an older relative.

After a moment of trying to avoid eye contact, the ghost Pinkie must’ve realized that Rainbow could see her because she smiled right at her.

“Whatcha lookin' at?” Pinkie asked.

“Oh um.. Sorry I was just staring off into space. I got a headache, that’s all.” Rainbow replied, rubbing a hoof on her head to mimic a headache.

“Oki doki~!” Pinkie grinned, turning her attention to the fillies, “Hi Sweetie Belle! And Scootaloo? What are you doing here?”

Rainbow politely stepped passed Pinkie as they spoke about how Pinkie sometimes ran events in the local village and the girls always attended. Rainbow used the excuse of wanting to see what damage had been done, which made Pinkie giggle, but it was actually because she wanted to talk to that ghost. She trotted to the back of the office, past the conference table and most of the mess, and starting picking confetti up, a few glasses were knocked over and several papers laid skewed around the room, but they were ignored as Rainbow turned her back to the door to hide her face.

“Hey. Ghost.” She whispered as the ghost Pinkie had come to watch her work.

“Oh deary! You can see me! Hello Rainbow Dash.” She smiled, “I’ve never met with a cursed living pony before, it must’ve been recent, I’ve seen you here sooo many times before and you never took notice.” she buzzed with energy, just like Pinkie.

“Yeah, my friend came back last night.” She spoke quietly, trying to make it look like she was mumbling about her work, “What’s your name? And why do you look like Pinkie?”

“I am Diane Pink Pie, Pinkie’s grandmother, her parents named her after me since we look so much alike.” She flipped her mane to show off the similarity, “I died rather young, but without many regrets, although I wish I could curse Pinkamena so she could see us spirits.” Her mane had deflated a bit, much like Pinkie’s did when she was sad. Before a moment passed the mare’s mane poofed up again as she spoke, “But it’s okay! I get to watch my dear Pinkie work and make other ponies smile.”

Rainbow opened her mouth to respond but was cut off by a very enthusiastic Scootaloo. “Watch this!” The filly was standing at the table, ready to take flight. For a moment, Rainbow thought of telling her about the no flying rule but figured it’d be fine. Sweetie and Pinkie would be the only other living witnesses and neither of them would tell.

The little pegasus took to the air, flapping her wings furiously and subsequently starting to fall. Rainbow paused for just a moment in realization. This filly couldn’t fly. She threw out her wings and used them to blast her toward Scootaloo, just in time to catch her.

Now she held the filly, hovering in mid air for a bit before setting her down on the ground. “That was awesome!” She cheered, “Again! Can you fly with me again!?” She jumped, apparently not upset at all by that fact that she almost fell.

Rainbow breathed, “Maybe later kid, I gotta work.”

“Okay! Later then.” Scootaloo smiled, which made Rainbow sigh when she realized that Scootaloo would probably hold her to the deal.

Time passed quickly as Rainbow worked. Every once and a while she’d stop to play with the fillies when Pinkie was to busy, and sometimes Pinkie would ask about ideas she had for the events she scheduled. At some point she held up to pieces of fabric.

“Should the curtain accents be bumblebee yellow or navy blue?” She pondered.

“Oooh I like the blue.” Scootaloo said.

“But they’re both nice colors.” Sweetie said, which made Scootaloo nod profusely in agreement.

“Tell her to use ox blue!” Rainbow heard Diane say, “It’ll accent the golden tiles in the ballroom!”

“Uh-um.” Rainbow didn’t question the ghost but did pause for a moment, “Um maybe you should use a different shade of blue? L-like ox blue?” She didn’t know what she was talking about, clearly, but Diane did.

“Oooh! Smart Rainbow!” Pinkie dropped both colored pieces of fabric to pick up a small card with the color on it, “It’ll accent the gold in the tiles!”

Rainbow let out a breath she didn’t realize she was holding in. She looked over at Diane to see her smiling proudly at her granddaughter, happy to have helped.

Not long after, Savoir Fare came in from the kitchen to bring a fruit platter for Pinkie. Which just meant more cleaning for Rainbow. Pinkie did offer food to her guests, both fillies accepted with no hesitation and after some, but not much, convincing, Rainbow took an apple.

After they finished their meal, Rainbow looked to the grandfather clock placed in the back of Pinkie’s office, Amethyst would be done with her head maid work and would be arriving soon. The pegasus glanced around the room, she somehow managed to keep it somewhat intact. That is except for the food scraps and leftovers that maid on the once full fruit platter. She trotted up to the platter, she lifted it with her for hoof and started trotting out the room, “I’m going to take this out to the barrels.” she explained to the others, the barrels were kept in the garden, where the leftover food would be composed and used as fertilizer there, anything not used would be donated to the local farms.

She exited the room but suddenly halted in her tracks. There stood two royal guards, wearing daylight amour. They must’ve been on their lunch break because daylight guards were typically at their posts, even when on break they usually went to the guard’s breakroom, not to the event organizer’s office. After her initial shocked she straightened herself out, “Oh hello,” she said, “Sorry, you surprised me, do you need Pinkie Pie for something?”

“Oh, no miss,” One guard replied, a unicorn stallion with a dark mane, “We were hoping you could help us.”

“...Me?” Rainbow asked.

“Yeah,” the second guard stated, this one was a pegasus and was definitely taller than average. He stepped closer and spoke with his hoof, “The break room's a mess and no maids showed up, maybe you could help us out?”

Rainbow raised one eyebrow, really? Could they not do anything themselves? She shrugged, “I guess Amethyst Star didn’t send anypony over there yet, sorry about that.” She stated her apology like it was read off a script, “Give me second.”

She turned and popped her head into the office. “Heya Pinkie!” the pony in question turned her head, “I’m gonna head over to the guard’s break room, they said no maids were sent.”

“Oki doki loki!” She chirped, turning back to her ‘work’ which looked to be an arts and crafts project she was doing with the fillies.

She turned back the guards and nodded to them to signal that she was ready, food scraps platter still in hoof. The guards trotted in front of her, leading her to a destination she had already been to countless of times.

She admittedly wasn’t paying attention to where she was going, a left, then a right, and then you go straight for a bit and then ...left? Her mind snapped back to reality, weren’t they supposed to go straight and then, further on, turn right? “Um guys?” She stopped, “I’m not sure if your new but I’m fairly certain we went the wrong way, I ca-”

“No we went the right way.” the unicorn trotted around Rainbow, sporting a devilish grin.

Rainbow stepped backwards, only stopping when she hit a wall. She glanced behind her, she’d literally walked into a corner. Great. “W-what?” Her voice faltered, her eyes switching between the two stallions rapidly, “What in tartarus are you doing?”

“Oh we’re not doing anything… yet.” The unicorn spoke.

“What we will be doing is having some fun.” The pegasus stepped closer to emphasize his words.

“Oh.” Rainbow suddenly realized their intent, she straightened herself up and stood her ground, “You really must be new.” She lowered herself into a battle stance and shot forward. Pushing her wings back to propel her forward, she aimed right for the pegasus's smug grin.

He stepped back and spread his wings in fear, however his sickly grin returned when Rainbow froze mid air. Rainbow cursed herself silently, she should’ve gone for the damn unicorn. He didn’t have the strongest grip, she only felt the magical force on the front half of her body. Like she was half submerged in thick molasses.

No matter how much force she put into her flight she was stuck in the same place. “Oh look at the tough little maid.” The pegasus smirked cruelly, “Like a little filly trying to rebel,” he nodded to his friend, “this’ll be plenty of fu-”

“Hey, what are you guys doing over there?” the voice that came from a distance wasn’t the loudest but it was enough to distract the guards. As they both swung their heads towards the sound, Rainbow saw an opportunity.

Author's Note:

yo my doods Rainbow has been tricked cause she's a dumb dumb (a fleet of angry RD fans can be heard typing from the distance) my actual goal for this story is to write a mystery where the main character isn't the brightest, so who better than Rainbow?

fun fact: the two characters I relate to most in the show are Pinkie and RD so I don't feel bad when I say that Pinkie is annoying and RD is a moron because i'm really just insulting myself woop de doo

and also eeewww i just had to put the sex tag on this story because of this chapter cause it insinuates attempted rape. no sex scenes are coming, i'm not writing about that.