• ...
16
 9
 661

A Secret Said ~ Chapter 6

“I need to tell you something.” Rainbow stated, which caused Twilight to pull back from the hug.

She wiped an eye with the back of her hoof, “Oh is that why you came?”

“Actually I came to tell you something else, but we’ll get to that later.” Rainbow said, she paused, “And the thing I’m going to tell you may seem insane so I’d appreciate if the audience either left or swore not to laugh.” She glanced between Shining armor and Spike.

Twilight shook her head, “They won’t laugh. What is it?”

“Um..” Rainbow froze from being put on the spot, but she breathed and looked down at her hooves, perhaps it’s be easier if she avoided eye contact. “I am cursed.” She looked up, “But it’s not like a bad curse! It’s actually totally awesome!”

“And the curse is…?” Spike asked.

Rainbow grinned in response, “I can see ghosts!”

The air seemed to chill around them as what Rainbow said set in. Twilight opened her mouth once, and then shut it before opening it again, “..When did you get cursed?”

“Last night, Fluttershy came to my room to ask for a favor.” she explained.

Twilight’s ear fell back, “Rainbow… I know that Fluttershy’s death was hard but you don’t have to make things like this up.. She’s gone.”

Rainbow’s ear dropped this time but raised again a moment later, “I’m not making this up.” she said, “It’s not just Fluttershy, I saw a ghost maid earlier and Pinkie’s dead grandma.”

Twilight sighed, “I want to believe you but, Rainbow.. You’re just making this harder, for everyone.”

“Twily’s right,” he brother added, “It may be hard but it’s best to just move on.”

“No, it’s not like that! Its...” Rainbow’s eyes widened as she realized something that should’ve been obvious, “Twilight!”

“... Yes?”

“Twilight you have every right to not believe me... But, I’m fairly certain you’d believe one of your egghead books!” Rainbow shot upward, creating a gust of wind that messed with Twilight’s and Shining’s manes, “Where’s the section on ghosts?” She started searching around Twilight’s bookcase that could probably fit half a library’s worth of book in it. To make it worse, it was filled to the brim.

“Rainbow, this is..” she trailed off.

“A waste of time?” Rainbow asked, “I’m sure it’s not that much time wasted, you can find a book and read it faster than anypony I know.”

She sighed and took to the air, albeit in a much more peaceful way than Rainbow’s burst of energy, “There isn’t a section on ghosts, but there is a small section on paranormal activity.” She flew towards the section in question.

“Right,” Rainbow said, joining her at the section, “That’s what I meant.”

Twilight eyed her for a moment, a small smile showed on her muzzle, “Here,” she said, levitating a few books with her magic, “I’ll read from these books and ask you questions and if you get them right, I’ll have to believe you.” she explained, landing on the ground.

Rainbow followed her, “Sounds good!”

After a minute or two of the alicorn reading and the pegasus distracting herself by looking around the room and tapping her hoof on the floor, Twilight finally looked up.

“Okay, so you said Fluttershy appeared last night, right?”

“Uh huh.” Rainbow nodded.

“What did she look like?” Twilight asked.

“Uh she was see through, generally like, tinted blue..” Rainbow said, “She was still wearing her uniform oh and she had blood on it.”

“Blue..” Twilight mumbled, before reaching for another book with her magic, “.. How much blood?” She inquired.

“Not much, just a little on her chest.” Rainbow patted herself in the same place that Fluttershy’s blood was.

“How was her physical state?” Twilight asked.

“Her what now?” Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Could you walk through her?”

“Oh! Oh yeah, she said I could but I didn’t try.” Rainbow said, “And she could pick up light stuff but anything to heavy would just fall through her.”

“And did she say why she came to you?” Twilight was now fully distracted, cross referencing between several books.

“Uh yeah? To ask a favor.” Rainbow repeated herself from earlier.

“And…? What is this favor?”

“It’s.. Well..” Rainbow was now stumped, “I… I don’t think I should tell you? I think you’d tell me not to do it..”

Twilight closed one book and levitated it to it’s place on the shelf. “I won’t tell you not to do it.”

“Um okay.. Well she asked me to kill Spirit Wind.” She explained, “and she can’t tell me why but I think it’s because he killed her.”

Twilight stared at her, confusion plastered on her face, “Could you say that again?”

“Sure?” Rainbow said, “She asked me to kill Spirit Wind.”

Twilight’s eyes widened, she flipped through one of her book’s pages, “Why did you do that? Did you read this book?”

“... Why would I read...” she squinted, “‘The Theories of The Dead and Guide for Communicating with the Deceased?’ The title’s even wordy. Besides what was I doing?”

“You were talking but not? No sound came out..” she explained.

“Oh! Cool!” Rainbow smiled, “ Fluttershy does that whenever she talks about her death, wait.. Does that mean I’m dead?!” She started feeling herself, and looking at her hooves and wings to see if they were see through, “Awe, no I think I’m alive.” her smile faltered.

Twilight stared at Rainbow, and then at the book, and then to Rainbow again, “You….You’re telling the truth.”

“Yeah, that’s what I was telling you,” Rainbow grinned, “It’s so cool, right?”

“N-no.. You can’t be. That’s impossible!” she stressed, “Ghosts aren’t real.”

“Um.. yes they are.” Rainbow stated.

After a moment of Twilight’s frantic reading, Rainbow suddenly remembered why she came, “Oh yeah! Spirit sent me to tell you that some new guards cornered me so I gave one a black eye and broke the other’s jaw. Plus Strongiron was being a jerk about it.”

“What?” Shining Armor stood up from his seat on the couch.

“Why didn’t you lead with that?!” Twilight dropped all her books, staring at Rainbow in shock.

“Oh yeah, ‘sorry you’re crying over our dead friend that I can still see but I need to tell you that I beat up two guards because they tried to lay their hooves on me.’” she scoffed, “Sorry that I thought this was more important.”

“We’ll talk about the ghost business later, for now come here.” Twilight grabbed Rainbow by the wing.

Spike stood up and ran towards the group,“Hey! Wait for-”

Flash

And suddenly Rainbow, Shining and Twilight all stood in the guard’s breakroom.

Author's Note:

I've given up trying to make this story better
trying to rewrite it has just made me lose inspiration so I'm going to continue on with the story how it is now
might rewrite it later but for now, it's just fun
if you do like the story it would mean a lot to me if you clicked 'like' ^w^