• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 3,596 Views, 681 Comments

Yugioh EQG: XX - Banshee531



A year has past since our heroes battle against Sombra. Now, a new threat appears in the form of a tournament. Will our heroes be able to overcome this evil, or is the peace they worked so hard to achieve gone forever?

  • ...
5
 681
 3,596

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 7: Eternal Friendship

It was a beautiful morning in the french city of Paris. And within one of these rooms, a young purple haired girl was sleeping.

The sudden ringing of her alarm stirred her, making her reach out of knock it off before picking up a pair of thick black glasses. Bringing them under the covers, she soon emerged to reveal herself as Twilight Sparkle. The young teen got out of bed, stretching out her muscles before walking over to a window and flinging it open.

The fresh morning air hit her face, as she looked out to see a boat sailing along the Seine with the Eiffel Tower standing in the background. She smiled at the beautiful morning before saying, "bonjour."


Later that day.

Twilight was sitting in her class, listening as the teacher started his lecture. Despite him talking in french, along with everything in the classroom being written in french, she could understand what was being said and read perfectly.

Later, at lunch, the bespectacled girl was walking through the cafeteria when she heard someone speak out. "Twilight," she turned to see several of her classmates waving over at her, "over here." She smiled before sitting down besides them.

"Thanks," she started eating while looking up at the TV on the wall. It was showing the semi-finals of the European Duel Championship, and one of the competitors was a Duelist she knew quite well.


"My heart...IS FULL!" Tidal Wave cried as he spun on the spot in the Action Field, Soveruin floating behind him. He then shot a smirk at the camera, "this next move is dedicated to an amigo of mine who I hope is watching." A certain purple haired bookworm blushed in embarrassment. "I draw and play the Spell card, Rebirth Ritual!" A tornado of water enveloped Soveruin.

"What's happening?" His opponent asked.

"RITUAL EVOLUTION!" Tidal replied as Master of the Storm, Admiral Soveruin, appeared before them. "And with Rebirth Ritual, is ATK goes up by one thousand. (A3800/2500/L8) "Now I attack you Tyrant Dragon!" Soveruin rode his sea-serpent towards his opponents monster and slashed at it, causing it to be destroyed. "And now Soveruin's ability will allow him to destroy one monster whose ATK is less then you Tyrant Dragon's, so say adiós to your Masked Dragon and hola to fourteen hundred points of damage.

Tidal: 2200
Backdraft: 1300

"Now, Splash Sargent, let's finish this!" The jet ski riding navy officer flew at the man, slamming his vehicle into him.

Tidal: 2200 (Winner)
Backdraft: 0

The crowd roared at Tidal's victory, the Mexican Duelist waving and blowing kisses to them.


Twilight smiled as she watched Tidal showboat, finally finishing her lunch and getting up. Once she'd deposited her tray, she headed over to the library to get in a little reading before her next class. But as she did, her phone went off.

Looking down at the screen, she smiled at who it was before answering. "Hey Tidal, just saw your match. Great comeback."

"You're welcome mi señora. Now it's onto the grand finales next week, and I hope you'll be there to cheer me on."

"Sure," Twilight replied, "so how about we celebrate tonight. I know this great cafe we can eat at."

"Sound maravilloso. I just hope Flash doesn't get jealous."

Twilight laughed. "I'm sure he'll be fine. There's nothing wrong with two friends getting a meal together, is there?"

"Nope. In fact, you mind if I invite another friend along. I've been meaning to introduce you and this would be a great chance."

"Sure. I look forward to it." She'd finally reached the library, "I gotta go. Au revoir." She cut the call and headed inside.


Later that day.

As the sun began to set, Twilight sat at a table outside the cafe she had suggested. She had been waiting for over twenty minutes, but Tidal or his friend hadn't shown up. Her phone then chimed, showing a text.

Sorry amigo, but traffic's being a nightmare. Be there as soon as possible.

Twilight sighed before pulling out her deck, going over it and making sure there weren't any oddities that had accidently made their way inside. She did this for several minutes, until a loud clatter made her look up and around to see a girl who had tripped over a chair.

"I'm sorry," she said as she picked herself up and righted the chair before brushing herself off.

Twilight noted her voice didn't have the normal french accent that everyone besides Twilight had. Instead, this girl's voice was comprised with the same accent she had had when she had first learnt french.

She looked the girl over, seeing she had cream coloured skin and red hair with two streaks of purple running through it. She wore a thick black hoodie with two pink buttons on the front, along with pink leggings and a pink skirt with purple crescent moon pattern. She wore a single black fingerless glove on her right hand, along with pair of glasses that were just like Twilight's.

The girl bowed to the waiter in apology before continuing to walk, only to trip over the exact same chair. Twilight stood up and stepped over to her. "You alright?" She said in English as she grabbed the chair and moved it as far away from the girl as possible.

The girl moaned before replying in her native language, "I'm okay." Twilight quickly noted her accent had a more European tint to it. She was likely from an English speaking euro country, like the U.K or Finland. She then looked up at Twilight and went wide-eyed, noticing the deck of cards in her hand. "You're a Duelist?"

Twilight raised an eyebrow but shrugged, "I guess so."

"Great," she picked herself up, "I'm Moondancer. Say, if you're not to busy, wanna Duel right now?" This question took Twilight by surprise, but she shrugged.

"I'm suppose to be waiting for a friend, but he's held up right now and Duelling would be a great way to pass the time and build up an appetite. So sure." She took out her Duel Disk, slotted her cards in and placed in on her arm.

Moondancer did the same with her Duel Disk, her's being black with a blade the same colour as her hair.


Tidal ran as fast as he could, having ditched his taxi in favour of running to the cafe. "I hope my amigos haven't started dinner without me." He finally arrived on the street, only to see a large crowd had gathered.

He managed to push his way to the front, only to go wide-eyed at what he was seeing.

"DUEL!"

Twilight: 4000
Moondancer: 4000

"I'll take the first move," Twilight drew her card. "I'll start by summoning White Wing Magician to the field in ATK mode." A lady wearing white and blue clothing with crystal trim and a crystal wand appeared on the field. (A1600/D1400/L4/P1) "I'll then place one card face down and end my turn."

Moondancer placed her hand on her deck. As she did, he body suddenly went tense. Twilight noticed this and raised her eyebrow. "My turn," Moondancer drew her card before smiling. "I activate the Spell Card, Spellbook of Summoning."

"What?" Twilight asked as her other eyebrow to lift in surprise.

"This card lets me draw until I get a Spellcaster that I can normal summon," she did so and got one on her first card. "Now I can summon it to the field, then take one hundred points of damage for each of its level points. "I summon Apprentice Scholar." A young teen in dark robes appeared, carrying a large book in her hands. (A1200/D1300/L3)

Twilight: 4000
Moondancer: 3700

"Next I summon Ideal Scholar Tiora, in ATK mode." An older teen in red and white robes appeared besides Moondancer's other monster, book in hand. (A1700/D1000/L4) "Now I'll attack."

"I activate my Trap," Twilight's card flipped up. "Negate Attack!"

"Sorry," Moondancer stepped in, "not happening. Because Tiora's ability lets me negate the activation of a Trap, and all I have to do is discard a Spellbook from my hand." She did so as Tiora opened her book, which unleashed a beam of light that struck Twilight's Trap and made it flip back down. She then pointed her book at White Wing Magician before firing another beam of light, which destroyed Twilight's monster.

Twilight: 3900
Moondancer: 3700

"And now my Apprentice Scholar's ability activates. When another Scholar monster destroys a monster, Apprentice can destroy one card on your field and deal you five hundred point of damage." The younger Scholar opened up her book and fired a beam of light, which destroyed Twilight's Trap.

Twilight: 3400
Moondancer: 3700

Moondancer smiled. "Apprentice can't attack after using this ability, so I'll end my turn there."

As Twilight steadied herself after the attack, she looked over at Moondancer. "So, you use Spellbooks?" She smiled, "this is gonna be fun." She reached for her deck, "I draw." She did so and looked through her cards. "I summon Defender, the Magical Knight, in ATK mode." The giant shield carrying knight appeared on the field. (A1600/D2000/L4) "And when he's summoned, I can place a Spell Counter on him." He gem in the middle of his shield glowed, "next I play Spellbook of Power to increase his ATK points." (A2600/D2000/L4)

Moondancer smiled, "so you use Spellbooks as well."

"And with it I'll destroy you Tiora!" Defender rushed forwards and smashed the Scholar monster, destroying it.

Twilight: 3400
Moondancer: 2800

"And when a monster empowered by Spellbook of Power destroys a monster, I can add one Spellbook from my deck to my hand." Her deck slotted out a card, which she took out and instantly set face down. "I end my turn." Defender's power returned to normal.

"My draw," Moondancer looked at her cards and nodded. "I summon my Fated Scholar Diefatalia, in ATK mode." A woman wearing green and blue robes appeared, pushing the glasses she wore up her nose as she opened her book. (A1400/D1400/L4) "And when she's summoned to the field, she can steal one Spell Counter from anywhere on the field and place it on herself."

"What?" Twilight asked as she watched Moondancer's monster point its book at Defender, whose shield gem glowed before unleashing a red beam of light that flew into the pages.

"And now, Diefatalia can remove a Spell Counter to let me add any Spellbook from my deck to my hand." Her deck slotted out a card, which Moondancer took before playing. "Now I'll activate my Spellbook of Power, to increase Diefatalia's ATK power!" (A2400/D1400/L4) "Attack!" Diefatalia opened her book and launched a beam of light, which struck Defender and destroyed him.

Twilight: 2600
Moondancer: 2800

"And now, I can add a Spellbook from my deck to my hand while Apprentice Scholar's ability will destroy your face down." Once again, the younger spellcaster fired a magic laser at Twilight's face down Spellbook of Wisdom and destroyed it.

Twilight: 2100
Moondancer: 2800

"I end my turn." Diefatalia's ATK returned to normal.

Twilight panted, "she's good. Every time I get a little ahead, she catches up and then zooms even further forward. If I wanna win, I'm gonna need something big to get ahead." She reached for her deck, "I draw!" She looked at her card and smiled, "I summon Magi-Beast, Mystic Dracoteen!" A monster that looked like a winged version of her Mystic Dracokid appeared on the field. (A800/D800/L4/P8) "His ability lets me look at the top three card of my deck and if any are Pendulum Spellcasters with fifteen hundred or less ATK points, I can place it in my Extra Deck." She drew three cards and smiled.

"I'm guessing you got one," Moondancer guessed.

"I did. Harmonizing Magician, which has zero ATK and DEF points." She placed the card in her Extra Deck, "now Dracoteen's other ability activates. I can search my deck for a Tuner monster whose Level is equal to or lower the Harmonizing Magician's, then summon it to the field." Her deck slotted out a card that she slapped down onto her Duel Disk, "Shadow Charmer!" The younger wizard in dark clothing appeared before her, twirling his staff like a batone. (A1200/D700/L3)

Moondancer grew nervous. "If she has a Tuner Monster."

"I tune my Level three Shadow Charmer with Level four Mystic Dracoteen." Shadow Charmer flew into the air and transformed into a trio of lights, which carved a circle for Dracoteen to fly into. "Beings of mystical might, unite you power and let the magic shine for all eternity." In that moment her monsters disappeared in an explosion of light, "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded, revealing Twilight's new monster. He wore black clothing below a purple overcoat and a purple pointed hat, with the same star pattern as on Twilight's skirt. in his hand he carried a long black metal staff with a star carved on the end, "Twilight Warlock!" (A2500/D2100/L7/P4)

"Incredible," Moondancer said. "A Pendulum Synchro Monster."

"And wait until you see what he can do," Twilight explained. "Once per turn, I can look at the top five cards of my deck and add any Spellbook that's among them to my hand." She drew her cards and saw what she'd got, taking one and placing it into her hand before shuffling the rest back into her deck. "Now I'll activate it. Spellbook of Rebirth, to revive my Defender back to the field." A portal opened up before the shield carrying spellcaster reappeared from out of it. (A1600/D2000/L4)

Off to the side, Tidal smiled at Twilight's skill in managing to level the playing field.

"Twilight Warlock now attacks your Fated Scholar!" The wizard leapt into the air before pointing its staff at Moondancer's monster, as purple lightning shot out and struck it.

Twilight: 2100
Moondancer: 1700

"Now my Defender will take out your Apprentice Scholar!" The shield carrying wizard slammed its opponent with its shield, destroying it as the force knocked Moondancer off her feet.

Twilight: 2100
Moondancer: 1100

"I end my turn."

Moondancer slowly picked herself up, shakily getting to her feet. "I have to admit, you've got skills Sparkle." Twilight smiled, only to then realise something. How did she know her second name, when Twilight was sure she hadn't told it to her.

But before she could ask, Moondancer drew her card and began her turn. "I activate Spellbook of Mirage. With this, I can banish a Spell card from my deck and activate its effect. So now, I'll activate the effect of my Magical Mallet." She placed her hand back into her deck, which shuffled before she drew four new cards. "I'm now gonna set the Pendulum Scale, with Scale three Mirage Scholar Impatia and Scale nine Alchemy Scholar Hongia!"

The pillars of light appeared on either side of her, as a pair of smartly dressed book holders flew up into them. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory!" She chanted as the two opened their books, each shooting a beam of light which connected and opened a portal above her. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out, hitting the ground and taking form before fading to reveal Moondancer's monster. It was a woman wearing a black lab-coat with Moondancer's moon emblem on it, with hair and glasses like Moondancer's and was carrying a large book. "Moondancing Scholar, Saltalunam!" (A2100/D2800/L7/P3)

"That must be her ace," Twilight realised.

"I'm now activating Saltalunam's ability. Whenever she's special summoned, I can take a Spellbook from my deck or grave and add it to the hand." Her deck slotted out a card, which she took before activating. "And now I'll activate it. The Magic Tome of Starswirl!"

Twilight's eyes went wide as she looked up and saw the large blue book with light blue stars and dark blue swirls replace the Scholar's original book. "No way. That's...that's the rarest Spellbook card there is. I didn't even know it was still in circulation."

Moondancer smiled. "I know right. I was as surprised as anyone when I came across it. And you're gonna get a front row seat of its power. Once per turn, I can take a Spellbook from my deck and send it to the graveyard to activate its effect." Her deck slotted out a card, which she took and placed in her graveyard. "I activate another Spellbook of Power, which increases Saltalunam's ATK by one thousand!" (A3100/D2800/L7/P3) "And there's more. Starswirl's Tome grants the equipped monster a hundred extra points for each Spellbook in the grave." (A3500/D2800/L7/P3) "Now attack!"

Twilight watched as Saltalunam opened the tome and unleashed a extra bright burst of light, which flew across the field and destroyed Twilight Warlock and knock Twilight back.

Twilight: 1100
Moondancer: 1100

"Now I get to add a Spellbook to my hand, which I'll now use. Spellbook of Rebirth, to revive my Apprentice Scholar in DEF mode." The young spellcaster returned to the field and crouched down. "I end my turn," Moondancer announced as Saltalunam's ATK returned to normal. (A2600/D2800/L7/P3)

Twilight steadied herself as she reached for her deck. "It's my turn. I draw!" She smirked, "you're not the only one with a Magical Mallet. So I'll use it and redraw my hand." She placed her three card into the deck, which shuffled before she drew her new cards. "Next, I'll play Pendulum Spellbook. This card lets me take two Spellcaster-Type Pendulum monsters, out of Extra Deck and place them in my Pendulum Zones. So now I'll set the Pendulum Scale, with Scale one White Wing Magician and Scale eight Harmonizing Magician!"

The pillars of light appeared on either side of her, as the two magicians flew up into them. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory!" She chanted as the two pointed their wands at the sky, each shooting a beam of light which connected and opened a portal above Twilight. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair lights shot out and struck the ground. "Twilight Warlock!" (A2500/D2100/L7/P4)

"Spirit Chanter!" (A500/D300/L2)

"Next, I summon Royal Charmer!" (A100/D100/L1) The royally dressed Tuner monster appeared besides the other two."

"And now!" Twilight almost yelled, "I tune Royal Charmer with Twilight Warlock and Spirit Chanter!" Her Tuner's staff gave off a brilliant light which almost blinded everyone. The light began to take shape, forming a twenty foot transparent version of Royal Charmer who held his hands together as Twilight Warlock and Spirit Chanter jumped between them into a ball of light. "Eternal Magic born from the united strength of friends working together," Twilight chanted as the two monsters became transparent before disappearing in an explosion of light that once again blinded everyone in the stadium. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light slowly began to fade, as Twilight's new monster was revealed. "Imperial Magician of Twilight!" (A3500/D2800/L10)

"I attack!" Twilight yelled as her monster levitated itself into the air and then raised its staff towards the Scholar. "Now I'll activate my Magician's effect, which lets me remove any number of Spellbooks from my graveyard." Three Spellbooks appeared infront of Twilight's Magician, the three opening before firing a beam of light which struck Saltalunam.

"What's happening?" Moondancer asked.

Twilight smiled. "For every Spellbook removed from play, my Magician of Twilight can suck away five hundred ATK points from your monster and add them to his own."

"I see," she replied as she watched her monster grow weaker. (A1100/D2800/L7/P3)

Meanwhile the books closed and then flew around Imperial Magician of Twilight, forming a circle before opening and shooting the beams at him. Unlike before as the beams hit him he felt a rush of power as he gained the strength sapped from his opponent. (A5000/D2800/L10)

"Go! ROYAL BLAST!" The Magician fired a massive burst of magical energy at Saltalunam, who didn't look nervous.

"I activate Moondancing Scholar's ability!" Moondancer cried. "By tributing a Spell card from my field, I can switch her battle position." The Magic Tome of Starswirl vanished before she kneeled down, seconds before the blast struck and vaporised her.

As the shockwaves of the attack finally settled, everyone stared at Moondancer and saw she was alright. This was met with murmurs, until Tidal started clapping. The rest soon followed, amazed her her effortless defence. Even Twilight had to agree it was amazing, but that didn't mean she was gonna let her beat her and ordered Defender to destroy Apprentice Scholar. Once that happened, "I end my turn." Imperial Magician's ATK returned to normal. (A3500/D2800/L10)

Moondancer looked down at her deck before placing a hand on it. "You truly are an amazing Duelist Twilight." She looked up at the girl, the two's eyes meeting before the entire street was consumed by light.

Twilight shielded her eyes, waiting several seconds before the light's heat died down and allowed her to open her eyes. Once she did, she found she was no longer in the street. Instead, she found she appeared to be in some form of library. She recognised it easily, especially where she spotted an area in the centre of the room with a large orb floating in it, as the Spellbook Library of the Crescent.

"How?" She reached out to touch one of the books, only to notice she was now wearing different clothing. Looking down, she now saw she was dressed like Twilight Warlock.

"You look good in that." Twilight spun around to see Saltalunam standing a ways off, having spoken in Moondancer's voice. "What do you think of my favourite library?"

"I...I...how am I here?"

Saltalunam smiled, "because you have such a strong bond with your monster. With it, it's possible to perform a great miracle. Soulink."

"Soul...link?" Twilight asked, only to once again be blinded by the light.

"I draw," Twilight opened her eyes and found herself back in the french street. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The portal opened and our shot a light, which took the form of Moondancer's ace. "Now I activate Saltalunam's ability and return Starswirl's Magic Tome to my hand." She did so, only to then activate it and increased her monster's power. (A2600/D2800/L7/L3) "I'll then activate my Spellbook of Secrets from my hand, increasing her power as I add another Spellbook to my hand. (A2700/D2800/L7/L3) "I'll then activate that Spellbook of Mirage."

Twilight shook off what she had just seen, needing to get her head back in the game. "Which Spell card is she banishing?"

"I banish my Shrink, to cut the ATK of your magician in half." Everyone watched as Twilight's monster shrank to half its size. (A1750/D2800/L10) "And don't forget, another Spellbook in my grave increases Saltalunam's power. (A2800/D2800/L7/L3)

"It's alright," Twilight said. "She seems hellbent of attacking Imperial Magician, so I'll still have fifty life points left."

"And lastly," Moondancer said. "I'll use my Tome's effect, to send Spellbook of Organisation from my deck to the grave and activate its effect." She drew her three cards before placing them back in the same order, as Saltalunam's power increased once more. (A2900/D2800/L7/L3)

"Oh no," Twilight said.

"ATTACK!" The Pendulum Monster opened Starswirl's Tome and fired off the beam of light, which struck Twilight's monster and destroyed it while sending her flying backwards.

Twilight: 0
Moondancer: 1100 (Winner)

As the monsters disappeared, the crowd cheered for the eventful show. Moondancer stepped over to Twilight, a smiling down at her while offering a hand. "That was a good Duel. You're certainly a strong opponent."

Twilight smiled while taking her hand. "Thanks," she was pulled up to her feet. "You're really strong too. That Magic Tome Spell was incredible."

"Thanks," Moondancer smiled.

"Bravo amigos," they turned to see Tidal step over to them. "Your Duel truly filled my heart with joy."

"Thanks Tidal," the two girls said in unison. Twilight then turned to Moondancer in surprise, "you two know each other."

"Of course," Tidal said. "This is the friend I was telling you about. I knew you'd both get along great."

Moondancer turned to smile at her. "Sorry I didn't tell you, but I wanted to see how good you were in a standard Duel. If I told you I knew Tidal, you might have taken me too seriously. I wanted to have a fun, relaxed, Duel to get to know you."

Twilight went other this info in her head and smiled. "Don't worry about it. I get it. But how did you know I knew Tidal."

"He showed me a group picture of you and your friends once."

Tidal nodded before placing a hand on both girl's shoulders. "A new budding friendship, what could be more beautiful. Come, let us sit and enjoy a heart warming meal." The girls nodded and sat down, as the waiter took their order. "So Twilight, did you know Moondancer here is planning on competing in the Double X Tournament?"

Twilight was surprised by this, turned to give her new friend a 'really' look. Moondancer smiled, "yes. I'll be competing with a pair of highly skilled Duellists. I was as surprised as anyone when the team captain came and asked me to join."

"Well, from what I've seen, you've definitely got the skills. Just don't take the competition too lightly. My boyfriends competing and he's the Celestic Cup Champion."

Moondancer smiled. "Then I look forwards to facing him." And so the rest of the night was spent eating and talking, until the three finally decided to call it a night and head home.


The next morning, Twilight was once again awoke from her sleep by her alarm.

This time, after shutting it off, she buried herself back into her blanket. It was Saturday, which meant no school, which meant lying in. That would have been the plan, had her phone not gone off.

Twilight moaned as she reached out and grabbed it, "hello?"

"Twilight?"

"Moondancer?"

"Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Tidal's busy doing interviews, so..."

"Sure. Where'd you wanna meet?"

"How about in champ de mars?"

"Sounds good. I can be there by about ten."

"No problem. See you then." The call cut and Twilight smiled before slowly getting up, ready to tackle the day and see the sights with her new friend.


At nine fifty five, she arrived at the park and had just reached the fountain when she heard her name being called out.

Looking around, she saw Moondancer running towards her waving. Twilight was about to wave back, but flinched when she saw Moondancer trip over her own feet and slam face first into the ground. "You alright?" She asked as she helped the girl up.

Moondancer moaned as she corrected her glasses, "I'm fine. Happens all the time." Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, as if confused. Moondancer saw this look and gave her one of her own, "what?"

"Nothing," the girl replied, "it's just...when you Duel you're so graceful and barely need to move a hair out of place. But when you're not, you're...er..."

"Clumsier then a Dizzy Angel after ten bottles of hot sauce," Moondancer said. This caused both Twilight and her the burst out laughing.

"I guess."

Moondancer shrugged. "I don't know. I'm just...like that I guess." Twilight nodded at this as they began their day together. The first thing they did was head to the market place near the park, where they checked out a stall hosting many exotic fruits, laughed at each other while trying on a bunch of different french hats being sold at a stall and spent almost a full hour checking out a book stall.

When their stomachs started grumbling, they each bought a pan bagnat from a vender and sat down besides the carousel while watching boats sail across the river. After taking their first bite they both moaned in delight.

"Delicious," Moondancer said.

Twilight nodded. "I'd say it's on par with Pinkie's cooking."

"Pinkie?"

Twilight turned to smile at her. "She's a friend of mine back in America. Fun person, loves to bake. You haven't lived till you try one of her cupcakes. If you find yourself with some free time during the Double X, go to a store called Sugercube Corner. She works there and will probably throw you a big party when she find our we're friends."

This made Moondancer smile. "I will, thanks." She looked back out at the water, a distant look in her face. "It must be nice, having so many amazing friends."

Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, "I guess. But, you must have just as many friends as I do?"

"Not really. When I was younger, I was a bit of a shut in. I spend all my spare time locked in a library, reading for no reason other then it was all I was able to do on my own."

"Why didn't you ever go outside?"

"I guess...I was just afraid of what the world might throw at me. I was scared of being hurt, in more ways then one. It wasn't until about a year ago that I finally got up the courage to come out and see what the world had to offer me."

"And?" Twilight asked, wanting to know what she thought of the world.

Moondancer smiled back at her before standing up and walking a few steps forwards. "I have to admit, this place is pretty amazing. I want to see everything that I can in this world, before it's too late."

Twilight smiled as she finished off her lunch, then had an idea and looked behind her. She then stood up and grabbed Moondancer's hand. "Come with me." She pulled her along until they reached the Eiffel Tower, where the two climbed all the way to the top.

Once there, though slightly winded, they looked out to see all of Paris below them. "Amazing," Moondancer whispered.

Twilight smiled at Moondancer, "now you can say for certain you've seen all of Paris." Moondancer smiled back at her before suddenly freezing on the spot. Then, before Twilight could ask what was wrong, she relaxed before reaching into her pocket.

The girl pulled out her deck before shuffling through the cards, until she came across one that she took out and handed to Twilight. "Here."

Twilight took the card and gasped when she saw it was Magic Tome of Starswirl. She looked up at Moondancer, "I can't take this."

"You will. Consider it a symbol of our friendship. I won't let you refuse."

Twilight smiled at the girl before looking down at the card. "Thank you." She placed the card in her own deck before the two of them looked back out at the city.


That night.

After her fun day with Twilight, Moondancer returned to her hotel room. As soon as she arrived, she reached up to her gloved hand and pulled it off.

In doing so, she reveal a glowing purple circle on the back of it, that had a series of white shapes similar to the one that symbolised a the Duel Monster attribute of dark.

As she placed the glove on a table, her phone went off.

"Hello?" She answered. As soon as she heard who was one the other line, the emblem on her hand glowed brighter as her entire body language changed to a more sturdy form. "I'm here. Understood. We'll be arriving in Canterlot next week." She sat on her bed, "we never asked. What exactly are you entering this tournament for?" She listened before sighing, "well that's a clique response. Whatever, we'll talk to you when we see you. Goodbye." She cut the call and laid back on her bead, as her emblem's glow died down and her body language changed back.


The next morning.

We once again find Twilight sitting at the cafe she'd first met Moondancer at. She was once again waiting for the girl, who was currently late.


"Oh geez!" Moondancer cried as she ran as fast as she could, "what else could go wrong today." Her alarm had failed, along with the wake up call she'd ordered. So now she was running as fast as she could to get to Twilight in time.

Only a few blocks away from the cafe, she spotted an upcoming crosswalk whose light was currently on green. She umped out to get across the road as fast as possible. But as she was halfway across, the sound of a car horn and screeching tyres made her look around before gasping.


Twilight was once again going through her deck, having rejigged it last night to fit her new card in, when she suddenly heard the sound of an ambulance siren. She looked up and saw it race passed, something in her heart suddenly making her feel uneasy.

Getting up from the table, she ran after the ambulance.

When she finally found it, she saw it was parked next to a big crowd. Her unease increased as she rushed up to and through the crowd, finally reaching the front and seeing what they were all staring at.

And what she saw, made her heart stop. "MOONDANCER!"

Author's Note:

So, (puts on a suit of armor and picks up a swat shield) what did you think?

PreviousChapters Next