• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 3,595 Views, 681 Comments

Yugioh EQG: XX - Banshee531



A year has past since our heroes battle against Sombra. Now, a new threat appears in the form of a tournament. Will our heroes be able to overcome this evil, or is the peace they worked so hard to achieve gone forever?

  • ...
5
 681
 3,595

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 50: The Power to Overcome

The final match of the Double X Tournament was drawing closer and closer to its big climax. Facing off in the final match was Tempest of Team Dominator and Flash of Team V-Fighters, with their points having only a hundred points difference. Their teammates had all fought to their hardest up until this point, with the two of them now the last thing in each others way of total victory.

Currently, Flash had his Spiral Vector Dragon on the field alongside a Dominated Magna Boar and Magna Scholar Ingenium. Meanwhile, Tempest had just summoned her best monster to the field. Storm King Dominator was glaring down at the lot of them, looking particularly menacing.

"I tried to show you the truth of things," Tempest told Flash. "But you refused to listen. Now I have no choice...BUT TO COMPLETELY ELIMINATE YOU!" Her face had turned to one of utter derangement. "Storm King's skill!" The Dominator raised the Staff of Sacanas before slamming it into the ground, unleashing several bolts of lightning that flew across the field and struck Spiral Vector Dragon.

Flash groaned as he looked up, seeing his monster be turned to stone alongside the rest of his team. He had to get an Action Card, but with the two summonings of Storm King, the field was an utter mess. If there were any Action Spells left, then they'd likely be buried by the shattered stones. But even so, he had to try and find one.

Everyone watched as Flash rushed through the field, jumping onto and over multiple statues. As he did, all his friends worried that he wouldn't be able to survive.

Celestia: Flash Sentry Duel against Tempest Shadow is so far appearing to shift into Tempest's favour. With such a powerful monster on her field, it looks like she's almost untouchable.

Luna: But let's not forget, this is Flash Sentry she's facing off against. This Duellist has been known for pulling off miracles before, so it's very likely he'll be able to pull one off this time as well.

Twilight shook as she looked over Flash's situation. His Pendulum Zones were empty, his monsters were all Dominated and Tempest was just one attack away from completely ending this Duel. And Flash's only hope of winning as to find an Action Card, if any at all were even left on the field. "Flash," she whispered.

Everyone heard this and wanted to comfort her, but they weren't sure what they could say to lift her spirit. Flash was in a dire straight, with little to no chance of overcoming it. All they could do was hold her close as they watched.

Starlight was just as worried, as she stared down at her former teammate. "I get the feeling this isn't even the limit of Tempest's power." They all turned to her.

"What do you mean?" Cold asked.

"I'm...not sure," Starlight held her head. "Just...a feeling. Maybe Tempest told me something when I was Dominated, but...I can't remember what it is." The others all looked worried at this, turning back to the field.

"Stay strong sweetheart," Misty whispered.


Up in the VIP box, everyone was just as worried about the young Duellist. "Flash," Scootaloo whimpered as Rainbow pulled her into a tight hug.

"Come on Flash," Rainbow shook as her teammates remained silent.

"Please don't give up," Fluttershy whispered.

"You have to win," Sunset said. "It's the only way to save Tempest."

"Flash," Applejack and Rarity whispered.

"Flash," Applebloom and Sweetie did the same.

"Don't give up," Shining said as Flurry stared down at the field with great focus. It was as if she knew her godfather was Duelling one of the most important Duels of his life.


Still watching from the hotel lobby, Pinkie, Maud and Grand all looked just as worried.

Pinkie's hair had gone flat, whilst Maud's face showed visible worry. And Grand was just as concerned. "Don't let her rattle you. Stay strong kiddo."

"Come on Flash," Pinkie was literally vibrating in her seat.


Back with the others, Cold watched as Tempest began to call her attack. He remembered what he'd told Flash before, but would those words really help him in this situation? "You have everything you need to pull this off. Remember everything you've been through up to this point. All the Duels you've Duelled. All the opponents you've faced. All the obstacles you've overcome. Everything you and your deck have been through has been leading up to this moment. Us it."


Tempest pointed at Flash. "Storm King Dominator, attack Magna Boar and end this Duel right now!" The satyr raised its staff as electrical energy began to build in the crystal on it, then pointed the staff at the petrified pig robot.

As that happened, Flash landed on the head of a knocked down Winged-Dragon of Ra. It was there he spotted an Action Card, laying on the beast's wing. "That's my only chance!" He rushed forward and grabbed the card, but when he turned it over he saw it was an Action Trap.

Celestia: Oh, that Trap forces Flash to send the top three cards of his deck to the graveyard.

Flash frowned as he did so, but smiled upon seeing what had been sent there. He looked over at Storm King as the blast struck Magna Boar, causing an explosion that filled the entire stadium with smoke.

"FLASH!" everyone cried in horror, fearing this might be the end. Tempest meanwhile, simply smiled thinking she'd claimed victory. But as the smoke began to fade, she saw that Flash was still standing with a smile on his face. She then looked down at her Duel Disk, seeing Flash's point total.

Flash: 1700
Tempest: 1800

"How?" She asked, only to then spot someone standing next to Flash. This was a woman in steampunk robes, carrying a metal staff with a ring for a head that had an hourglass inside of it. "That's-"

"Magna Caster Tempusidium," Flash replied. "She was sent to my graveyard thanks to the Action Trap, which is where her ability can be activated from. By banishing her, I can negate the damage of one attack." The entire stadium erupted at the sound of this, unable to believe their ears.

Luna: Incredible! Flash Sentry managed to turn what should have been a bit of bad luck into a way to save himself. With that, Tempest has only one option.

"You're only delaying the inevitable," Tempest told Flash as she placed three cards face down and ended her turn. "It's over on the next turn." Flash frowned hearing this, as Tempest continued. "Everything you hold dear. Duelling, and its bonds of friendship, they will all disappear from this world forever. Then my dream of creating the perfect world will come to pass."

"Don't start that again," Flash said. "Skill of Tempusidium that's removed from play. Once, instead of drawing, I can add a Spell or Trap from my graveyard back to my hand." He did so, only to instantly activate it. "I place Starburst Reload, to banish Shining Fang Magna Wolf and draw four cards." As he drew his cards, he turned to glare at Tempest. "These bonds you mock are stronger then you could ever think possible." He pointed at the woman, "I'm gonna show you that if it's the last thing I do! I'm holding nothing back!"

Celestia: The Double X Tournament is now entering its dramatic conclusion.

Luna: Their Life Points currently stand at eighteen hundred for Tempest Shadow and seventeen hundred for Flash Sentry. How is this Duel going to develop from here?

"I'll start by activating the skill of Magna Caster Ratio from the Extra Deck!" Flash announced as he removed the Pendulum Monster from his Extra Deck and removed it from play. "Now I can draw two new cards!" He did so, smiling when he saw what'd he'd gotten. "Then, I'll reset the Pendulum Scale with scale one Magna Caster Lunara and scale eight Magna Caster Solaris!" The pillars of light appeared beside him before the two spellcasters flew up into them, the portal of light beginning to form as they did. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory!" The portal finished forming as he cried out, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights shot out and struck the ground besides Spiral Vector and Ingenium, revealing Flash's monsters.

"Hop to it, Bright Bounce Magna Bunny!" (A1200/D600/L3/P2)

"Shine your light of victory one again, Flash Heart Dragon...X!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"Don't even bother with your skill," Tempest told him. "Don't forget, Storm King can't be removed from the field by any of your card effects."

"I know that!" Flash said as he turned to his monsters. "You two ready?" They both nodded, Flash smiling. "Let's do this!" They both leapt into the air, "I tune Level three Bright Bounce Magna Bunny with Level seven Flash Heart Dragon X!" The Tuner morphed into the trio of lights, which began to carve the rings around Flash Heart. "Embrace your infinite destinies and stride towards a future of limitless possibilities!" The two monster disappeared in an explosion of light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded to reveal Flash's hyper-evolved Synchro dragon, which let out a mighty roar that caused the whole field to shake as blue lightning began to spark all around its body. "Flash Dragon...MAGNA STRIDER!" (A3300/D2500/L10/P10)

Celestia: Putting his whole body into it, Flash Sentry summons his newest monster. A monster that allowed him to snatch a place in the final, Flash Dragon Magna Strider!

Everyone smiled seeing that card, knowing what it represented. "That Flash Heart Dragon," Misty sighed in relief. "It's the face of the future."

Twilight smiled happily, the worries from before all but vanishing. "Get'em and get'em good Flash." She then cried out, "Come on!

"I activate the Spell card Reverse Polarity! Now your monster's ATK drops to the same total as Magna Strider's, and Magna Strider gains the ATK points you lost." Storm King glowed before that light flew off of it and into the evolved Flash Heart Dragon. (A3300/D4000/L12) (A4000/D2500/L10/P10)

"Alright!" Spike arm pumped from where he and Sunburst were standing in the corridor's entrance. "Now Flash's monster can take Tempest's down."

"Go for it Flash!" Sunburst cried out in joy. "Finish her off!" The rest of the crowd all cheered as well, looking forward to seeing if Flash could beat the previously thought unbeatable Duellist.

Flash smiled as he leapt up onto his monster's head, closing his eyes and bathing in the sound of their chanting. 'I can feel everyone cheering me on.' He opened his eyes and looked back down at Tempest.


"You've got the title within sight!" Scootaloo cried out, "just keep pushing on!"

"Yeah," Sweetie agreed, "we believe in you!"

"Do it!" Applebloom yelled.

"Go! Go!" Sunset hollered.

"FLASH!" Everyone else yelled.


Flash looked around, smiling as he stared at his monsters on the field. He then looked down at his deck, remembering everything they'd been through before now. "I....no, we are not alone!"

Tempest growled hearing this, but remained in place and not bothering to try and find an Action Card. She wouldn't need one. "Come on then," she gave him a come and get me gesture. "Show me your power!"

Flash smirked as his dragon opened its mouth, blue lightning beginning to spark around it. "Let's get our hands on the prize we've all been longing for!" He crouched down and held on tight, "one that leads to a whole new future for us." Light began to build within Magna Strider's mouth, getting bright and brighter with each passing second. Until finally, "GOOOOO!" The light shot out of its mouth and flew towards Tempest's monster like a laser, but she wasn't scared.

"Activate Trap!" The laser struck Storm King, but when the satyr exploded it revealed another one behind it that was completely unharmed by the attack. "Reflection Guard. My monster is safe."

"But your Life Points aren't," Flash stated as Tempest's points went down.

Flash: 1700
Tempest: 1100

Celestia: Tempest Shadow manages to keep her monster in the game.

Luna: But don't forget about the special ability of Flash's dragon.

"Activating the skill of Magna Strider!" Flash reached for his Duel Disk as the Extra Deck opened before taking out two cards. "Banish two Pendulum Monsters from the Extra Deck!" Magna Boar and Magna Snake both appeared on either side of the dragon before they were sucked into a pair of portals, while Magna Strider's eyes glowed. The next thing everybody knew, Magna Strider suddenly jumped up and was now standing on its back legs. "With that, Magna Strider can attack one more time!" The beast let out a mighty roar, as its boosters began to ignite.

As this happened, Flash stared down at Tempest and thought back. 'To some extent, I have you to thank.' His mind flashed back to before he met Tempest. He'd been living his life like a zombie, going through the motions with nothing to excite him. But then Tempest appeared before him, beat him in a Duel and told him about the Double X. 'For getting me to where I am right now.' That always seemed to be how his life worked, with someone else needing to push him into trying something that helped him grow. 'Someone would give me a nudge, or help me learn a lesson.'

He closed his eyes and thought back to all the Duels he'd had at the Double X, along with the ones leading up to it, and all the challenges he'd faced. Sunburst, his sister, Pinkie, Maud and Marble, Rainbow and Twilight. 'Through them, I'd start to realise more and more. About the world that lies ahead. About what I wanna aim for in life. And now, the future I wanna grab hold of is right infront of me.' Finally, he thought back to one year ago. The day he fought against Sombra and saved the world. 'I can't believe I didn't see it.' The words he'd said to Sombra echoed in his mind, as he looked around and realised something. 'This is exactly what I wished for way back in the beginning.'

His eyes shot open as he stared down at Tempest. "If I don't step towards my goals, nothing will change!"

Tempest frowned as she activated her second face down. "Go, Interdimensional Matter Transporter! With this card, Storm King Dominator is banished until the end of the turn!" A portal opened up before the satyr was pulled into it, leaving Tempest's field empty.

"Why'd she do that?" Scootaloo asked, the others all just as confused.

Cold had a theory, which he shared with the others around him. "She must know she's going to lose, so is trying to prevent as much damage to the Soulink as possible. If her monster isn't destroyed in the Duel, the link won't be as badly damaged."

"I hope it's still enough!"

"Magna Strider's skill! During his second attack, he gains one hundred ATK points for the Levels of each of my banished monsters!" Magna Chimp, Magna Pegasus, Magna Tiger, Spino Gear, Gun Runner, Tempusidium, Magna Wolf, Ratio, Magna Boar and Magna Snake all appeared around Flash's Dragon in an astral form before they were sucked inside the crystal on its chest. (A8500/D2500/L10/P10) Magna Strider opened its mouth as light began to fill it once again, this time with such power that if its boosters weren't firing it'd be pushed back by the force. "This is it," Flash told the world. "I'M MOVING FORWARD!" The light shot out of its mouth with such force, it caused the statues around it to shatter without even touching them. And all that power was heading straight for Tempest. "I've made up my mind, finally! All I need to do...is focus on the goal I've set for myself. And with that determination, I know I can achieve it!" The blast was now seconds away from Tempest, the girl remaining completely still. "A bright new future. One that's totally within my reach!"

"Trap Summon!" Tempest's face down flipped up before the twin shield carrying ape appeared between her and the attack. "Storm Guard Dominator, Lightning Sentinel!" (A1100/D2300/L6) The ape held out its shields and tried to block the attack, but the blast was too strong and soon enough the ape was vaporised. Tempest's life points, however, remained unchanged.

"She survived," Spike said in shock

"That's why she used the Interdimensional Matter Transporter," Soarin realised. "That Trap Monster could only be summoned when she's attacked directly."

The light of the explosion finally faded, showing Flash was out of attacks and things he can do to take Tempest down. "I place one card face down and end my turn." As he did this, several things happened. Magna Strider's ATK points reverted back to their original total. (A3300/D2500/L10/P10) A portal opened up and Storm King reappeared out of it, landing behind Tempest. And finally, the rocks on Flash's Dominated monsters began to crack before shattering off of them entirely. Spiral Vector and Ingenium now stood beside Magna Strider with Flash on its head.

Celestia: Tempest Shadow survived the attack.

Luna: She's still in the game after a strong attack from Flash Sentry's Magna Strider. Her Life Points remain above one thousand and now she can Dominate Flash's monsters.

Everyone who heard this grew worried, fearing Flash might not be able to survive this next turn. "Come on Flash," Twilight began to pray as they watched Tempest draw he card.

As the Dominated teen looked at the card, she smiled before turning to Flash. "You see a bright future? Get real. The only future this world could possibly have is one of loss, pain and suffering. That's the only destiny it's continued existence can create!"

"You don't know that," Flash told her.

"I do. It's obvious to anyone who simply opens up their eyes." Storm King slammed its staff into the ground, unleashing bolts of lightning that struck all of Flash's monsters. The teen cried out as he fell off Manga Strider and hit the ground, right as his monsters were encased in stone. Tempest then held up the card she'd drawn, "and now I'm putting an end to the pointless battle. I activate the Continous Spell Card, Primal Storm Awakening!" The card appeared on the field before unleashing a barrage of lightning bolts, which struck Storm King and wrapped around him like a cocoon.

"What's happening?" Flash asked as he stood back up.

"Primal Storm Awakening. Once per turn, I can banish Storm King to summon my even more powerful form. A form so powerful that my people were forbidden from ever taking it. But now, I will unleash my ultimate power." With that, the lightning cocoon began to take quadrupedal shape before finally fading to reveal Tempest's new monster.

It looked like the combination of a wolf and a Chinese dragon that was as big as Magna Strider. Its head was wolf-like, covered it bright blue fur along with its neck and chest with a streak of fur running down its back and covering its tail. The rest of its body was white, with large front legs and paws that were covered in scales. Its body was more serpent-like, and its back legs and paws were smaller. Finally, it had a pair of long blue string-like whiskers and three bright yellow eyes. "Behold, Primal Dominator...IMPERIAL BEAST OF THE STORM!" (A4500/D4000/L12) The beast let out a mighty roar, as lightning surged around its body.

Celestia: What an upset. Tempest Shadow has shocked everyone in the stadium with the arrival of a never before seen monster.

Luna: What kind of power does it possess. I'm almost scared to find out.

Flash practically quivered at the sight of it. No doubt it didn't just look dangerous.

"I am the ruler of this Duel," Tempest told him. "And I'm going to prove it to you, once and for all." Lightning began to spark off of Flash's Dominated monsters, then fly off them and surround Primal Dominator. "Activating the skill of Imperial Beast of the Storm! When it's summoned, it can deal you five hundred points of damage for every Dominated monster on the field!" Flash's eyes went wide hearing this, as the wolf/dragon monster opened its mouth and let out a might howling roar. Doing so caused the lightning it had collected to shoot off of it and fly into the sky, taking the form of serpentine dragon that flew down and collided with Flash.

"AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!" Flash cried as the electricity ran through his body, knocking him off his feet and causing him to slam into the ground.

Flash: 200
Tempest: 1100

"FLASH!" Everyone cried out, seeing the smoke coming off Flash's body as he lay there with a look of pain on his face.

"Don't bother getting up," Tempest told him. "You're only going to increase your suffering." She then frowned when she saw Flash rollover before standing up, shakily at first but managing to stay upright.

"Don't tell me what to do," he panted.

Tempest growled, "Primal Dominator's skill!" In that moment, the ghostly image of Storm Guard Dominator Spear appeared infront of the monster. "Select one Dominator monster in the graveyard and banish it!" The ghost bust into electrical energy, which began to surround Tempest's monster. "Imperial Beast of the Storm now gains that monster's special abilities."

"So now that thing has Spear Dominator's ability?" Gilda asked.

"Is that even allowed?" Soarin asked. Everyone else grew worried, fearing this may be the end.

"This is my Duel," Tempest told Flash as her monster began to charge up its power. "And the future is in my grasp! Skill of Primal Dominator! Plus five hundred ATK points for every Dominated monster on the field at the start of the battle phase." (A6000/D4000/L12) "This Duel ends now. And with it, I will put an end to this entire WORLD!" With that, Primal Dominator leapt into the air. "Skill inherited from Storm Guard Dominator Spear. At the cost of half my monsters ATK points, he can attack you directly!" (A3000/D4000/L12)

As the monster got closer and closer to Flash, everyone in the stadium looked away. They did not want to see this.

"NO!" Flash cried out, catching everyone's attention. "I won't lose. Not to you. Not to someone who doesn't understand how important our bonds are!" His face down flipped up, "Trap Summon!" The steampunk girl carrying a golden shield appeared between Flash and Primal Dominator, "Magna Guardian Arma Excess!" (A100/D2000/L4)

The girl held up the shield and created a force field that blocked Imperial Beast of the Storm's attack. "Skill activated!" Flash turned to his Dominated monsters, as each one was sucked into a portal. "Thanks, guys. Take a good rest." They might not have been able to say it, but Flash knew the three of them were thanking him for freeing them of the Dominate. Flash then turned back to Tempest, "since three monsters were banished by Excess's skill, your monster now loses fifteen hundred ATK points!"

Tempest's eyes went wide as she looked up and saw her monster's ATK points be reduced. (A1500/D4000/L12) With its ATK points now so low, the monster's attack couldn't break through Arma's defence and was blasted away. Tempest, meanwhile, cried out as she felt the backlash of the attack. "Augh!"

Flash: 200
Tempest: 600

Celestia: He survived it!

The entire crowd burst out into applause, unable to believe he managed to stop such an unstoppable force. "ALRIGHT!" Spike and Sunburst cried, both sharing a high-five in excitement. "That's awesome!" Sunburst cheered.

Luna: No doubt this Duel will soon be drawing to a close. Both sides only have a handful of points left. Even with his field almost completely wiped out, somehow Flash was able to hang in there.

"I end my turn," Tempest announced. As she said that, Primal Dominator was surrounded by a cocoon of lightning. "During my End Phase, Primal Dominator returns to the hand and I can summon Storm King Dominator if it's been removed from play." The lightning faded, revealing the satyr that was looming over Flash's field. "One turn. That's all you've bought yourself. One turn and this match is over. On my next turn, I'll summon Primal Dominator and with it, I'll end you."

Flash frowned as he stared at Tempest, a look of determination on his face. "I'm not gonna let that happen." He reached for his deck, as a thin light began to radiant off of it. "I told you. I refuse to lose to someone who doesn't understand how important our bonds are." He drew his card and smiled when he saw what it was, then closed his eyes as he felt the world around him fade away. Then, when he opened them again, he saw he was in a dark void. But he wasn't alone.

Looking around, he saw all the monsters of his deck surrounding him. They all smiled at him, Flash smiling back as he spun around to look at them all. "Yeah, no doubt the bonds I share with you all are important."

"To us as well," he turned to see Vail Pixie fly over to him.

Flash nodded, but then frowned. "It's just sad that not everyone can share a bond like ours. For most Duellists, they only ever get to see their monsters in card or hologram form."

"It's true not everyone is able to communicate with their monsters like you, Misty or Scootaloo can. But that doesn't mean they don't share any connection." The black void and the rest of Flash's monsters disappeared, as Flash and Vail Pixie appeared over the city of Canterlot. Flash looked down and saw crystals covering it, making him realise this was from a year ago. He watched as many different monsters appeared and began to destroy the crystals. "The Shadow Gate might have allowed us all to come here, but it was only because we heard the call of the Duellists in this world." She smiled as she turned to him. "And we heard the call, because of the bonds the beings of our world share."

Flash smiled back, knowing she was right. He looked around and saw all the happy faces of the people and monsters, as they worked together to protect the world. "This really is an incredible thing." As he said this, a thought appeared in his head. "Do you...do you think maybe it's possible for our two worlds to be permanently connected?"

Vail Pixie raised an eyebrow at this, wondering what he meant.

"Not just through Duelling, or through special points like the Shadow Gate. I mean, do you think it's possible for anyone, human or Duel Monster, to travel between the worlds and choose to live in the other. That way, anyone can talk to any Duel Spirit they want."

As he said this, something happened. In a flash of light, Canterlot changed to how it looked today. The only difference was, the Duel Spirits were still there. They were just there, not battling but instead walking around, playing or working. All kinds of monsters, Warrior and Spellcaster, Dinosaur and Machine, Fairy and Fiend. They were all there, along with the humans they appeared to be friends with. It was just like what Flash had envisioned.

"Yeah, just like this."

Vail Pixie smiled, especially when the scene changed to show her world and she saw humans there alongside monsters. That included Misty and her. "I admit, it does seem like an amazing idea." She turned towards him, "but it won't come around just because you want it too. You'll have to work to make it happen."

Flash nodded, knowing she was right. In a flash of light, the teen found he was back in the void. The earth was floating behind him and as he turned around he saw the Duel Monster Spirit world, with all his monsters floating infront of it, as the two planets appeared to be getting further and further away from each other.

"It won't be easy," Vail Pixie told him. "What you want to do is something most wouldn't even dream of attempting."

"Yeah," Flash agreed, "you're right."

"You'll need to study hard and train even harder. But you must start now, as you may not have nearly enough time."

Flash nodded. "Yes, I understand."

"You won't be able to do it on your own. You'll need the wisdom, the technical help and cooperation of many others."

Flash smirked, "I'll do it anyway." He watched as his monsters all smiled back at him, Flash Heart then moving infront of them all. Then he did something Flash never believe possible. He spoke.

"Although it was destiny that made it so you had this connection with our world, it's your task to now forge a path of your own." Flash's eyes went wide hearing this, unable to believe he was actually talking to him. He then smiled and nodded, the two of them reaching out their hands as they suddenly started floating closer together. The planets doing the same behind them.

"Yeah." The two of them soon got within just a few feet of each other, the gap growing smaller and smaller. "If we can ever meet again in real life, let's Duel one another. I'm sure you guys are gonna get hooked on it too." The two finally reached each other, as a light began to glow in the few inches of the gap between their hands. And as they finally connected, that light exploded and filled the void around the two of them.

Yes, this was what Flash was going to do. He was gonna make a world where humans and Duel Spirits could live together in perfect harmony. But first, he had a Duel to win.


The light finally died down as Flash opened his eyes, seeing he was back in the Duel Field. And he was ready to win, as the portal formed above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened up before a single light shot out of it and hit the ground, revealing Flash's ace monster. "Flash Heart Dragon...X!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

Tempest sighed at the sight of this. "Honestly. Haven't you learnt by now. You can't beat me. You have one monster that doesn't stand a chance against mine. Just give up."

"Never!" Flash cried out. "I'll never give up, not until I've achieved my goals. Because I'm not just fighting for myself. I'm fighting for all those I share a bond with. I'm fighting to honour those bonds of friendship." Tempest frown, then watched as Flash held up the card he'd drawn. "I'll do whatever I can to ensure I claim the future I want." The card glowed as he activated it, "Bring it on! I'll show you the limitless potential within me. I play...QUANTUM NEXUS RITUAL!"

Up in the sky, a giant magic circle appeared. Seconds later, Magna Chimp, Magna Pegasus, Spino Gear, Tempusidium, Magna Boar and Magna Wolf appeared around the circle. One by one, they each morphed into a light that flew into the circle and made it glow and expand. "By sending banished monsters to the bottom of my deck, I can now warp space and time in order to give life to a whole new monster!" The circle reached its limit and began to firing bolts of blue lightning before completely exploding, the light becoming a single beam that struck the ground. "I RITUAL SUMMON!"

From within the light, a new monster appeared before the glow faded to allow it to be seen. "QUANTUM NEXUS DRAGON!" (A4000/D4000/L12/P0)

The entire stadium was silent, unable to believe what they'd just witnessed.

Celestia: Flash Sentry has introduced another new card into the tournament!

Luna: What will this brand new monster have to offer us?

Celestia: I can't wait to find out.

"Wow," Spike whispered.

"Since when did he get that?" Sunburst asked.

Misty smiled as she watched her son jump up onto Flash Heart's back, as the dragon flew up beside Quantum Nexus. "You're certainly carving out a new path for yourself Flash."

"Quantum Nexis Dragon, attack Storm King Dominator!" The beast raised its sword and flew forwards, a green aura surrounding the blade of its weapon. "Thanks to Lunara and Solaris's Pendulum Abilities, your Spell and Trap effects are negated while my Pendulum Monster attacks."

Tempest looked around, still trying to find an Action Card. She might not be able to save her monster but she could still save herself from Flash Heart's attack. But as Quantum Nexus reached Storm King and slashed at it, the satyr raising its staff to defend itself, Tempest was shocked to see neither monster was destroyed. "What?"

"Gotcha!" Flash cried out as Quantum Nexus leapt away from Storm King. "Let me fill you in. When Quantum Nexus Dragon attacks, neither it or the monster it attacks is destroyed. Instead, your monster now gains a Quantum Counter."

Tempest raised an eyebrow before looking up at her monster and seeing the green aura that had been on the blade, was now spiralling into Storm King's staff created the same magic circle the dragon had come out of. "But why?"

Flash just smirked, "I end my turn. And with that, Quantum Nexus Dragon's skill now activates!" He reached for his deck. "First, I banish the top ten cards of my deck. Then, for every monster banished, one turn is skipped over and we go straight into the battle phase of the next one."

"You're skipping over my turn?" Tempest asked.

"That's right. Though if I draw an even number of monsters, it'll skip onto your turn."

"That's an awfully big risk you're taking," she told him.

"Maybe," Flash told her, "but it's worth it. Because during each Standby Phase, any monster with a Quantum Counter loses five hundred life points." This made Tempest's eyes go wide, making her see the danger of this monster.

Celestia: It all comes down to this. The fate of this Duel all comes down to the cards Flash draws.

Everyone was on the edge of their seat, unable to take the anticipation as they waited for Flash to draw his cards. "Dang it!" Scootaloo said, "don't you mess this up Flash. Or you'll be in big trouble"

Rainbow smiled. "If you miss this, I'll never forgive you."

"Go for it," Applejack said.

"Show us the future you're striving for," Rarity prayed.

"We believe in you," Fluttershy did the same.

Down below, Twilight was in tears as she watched her boyfriend push on. 'This is why I love you. Because no matter what you find yourself up against, you keep pushing forward and never let it overcome you.' "Now," she took a deep breath, "WIN THIS!"

Flash heard that and smiled. "Now revealing the top ten cards of the deck. The first card!" He drew it and showed the whole world what it was, everyone seeing Aura Pulse Magna Rat.

This caused Tempest's turn to skip off, the girl looking up to see her monster appearing to grow older as its armour rusted. (A3500/D4000/L12) "No."

"The second card!" Flash flipped it over and revealed Soul Release, making him frown before going back to his deck. "The third card!" This time he revealed Space-Warp Dragon, another turn passing as Storm King continued to age (A3000/D4000/L12) "The fourth card!" This one was Nightlight Magna Sheep, the process repeating itself as Storm King grew weaker (A2500/D4000/L12) "The fifth card!" This time, he got Pendulum Loader. "The sixth card!" Again, no luck as he drew Dimensional Prison. "The seventh card!" This time he got Lightspeed Dragon, the turn skipping over to Tempest's as Storm King grew weaker. (A2000/D4000/L12) His armour was practically dust now. "The eighth card" Mystical Space Typhoon was the card drawn this time, leaving the turn on Tempest's. "The ninth card!" He flipped it over, revealing Brittle Shield. He only had one card left to draw and if it wasn't a monster, Tempest would be the one getting her turn.

"Come on," he whispered as he placed his hand on his Duel Disk. "We can do this," he closed his eyes and drew the card. "I BELIEVE!" He brought the card up to his face and opened his eyes, which went wide when he saw what it was. "YES!" He held the card up for everyone to see. "This is the bond that our worlds share! A bond that allows us to do the impossible!"

Luna: It's Shining Fang Magna Wolf

Tempest's heart almost stopped as she looked over at her monster, seeing it age one last time as her turn came to an end. (A1500/D4000/L12) "NO!"

The whole crowd burst into cheers and applause as they watched this unfold, amazed that Flash was able to pull this trick off. Cold meanwhile, simply smiled as he watched Flash Heart landed on the ground and got into a runner ready pose. The dragon's jet ignited, building up power.

"Those who continue to pursue their true potential. They're the ones, who grasp the future."

Misty smiled whilst looking down at her son. 'The future may be a long way off, but it's certainly there...waiting for us.'

Sunburst and Spike both watched their teammate push forward, both smiling as they thought about what they'd learnt in the Double X. "Keep going and never give up," Sunburst told him. "That is how you achieve your goal. And along the path, we may find more then we were looking for. Isn't that right, Flash?"

Spike nodded. "Show us the way. Please Flash. The path to the future!"

Flash grabbed hold of his monster's back, making sure not to lose his grip. "One day, I'll see you guys again for real. But before that, I wanna become the best person possible. So I can proudly stand before you and say...this is me." The dragon released its grip on the ground and went flying forwards, pulling its fist back it got closer and closer.

Tempest meanwhile could only step back as she watched her decrepit true form be attacked. "This...this can't be happening."

Flash Heart finally reached Storm King, has Flash let out a mighty cry. "GOOOO!" The robotic dragon threw a punch towards Storm King, who raised its staff to protect itself. And as the two connected, a mighty flash of light filled the arena and blinded everyone.

Author's Note:

WOOOOW! That was fun. Now, time to end this.

PreviousChapters Next