• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 3,596 Views, 681 Comments

Yugioh EQG: XX - Banshee531



A year has past since our heroes battle against Sombra. Now, a new threat appears in the form of a tournament. Will our heroes be able to overcome this evil, or is the peace they worked so hard to achieve gone forever?

  • ...
5
 681
 3,596

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 48: The Bonds Between Two Worlds

'I'll admit his skills have improved,' Tempest thought as she continued to make her way through the Duel Field. Sunburst stood in the centre of it alongside Great Sage, looking a little distracted. 'The fact he was able to beat Starlight, shows he has the skills needed to be a candidate. But the question is, how far can he push those skills.' She came to a stop a few meters away from Sunburst, "That's only one way to find out."

Sunburst meanwhile, was staring behind Tempest towards the exit to the corridor Starlight had vanished down. "I have to find her."

Tempest raised an eyebrow at this, "hey!" He turned to her, "you should be focusing on me." She placed her Duel Disk on her arm and activated it. "If you don't, you'll find yourself in serious trouble."

Sunburst frowned before holding up his Duel Disk. "I'm not scared of you."

Celestia: After an impressive victory against Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst is now one win away from earning his team the victory they need.

Luna: But that victory won't come easy. Team Dominator's Tempest Shadow is undefeated in this tournament. Winning against her won't be easy.

The two Duellists faced each other down, as Flash and Spike called out from their team box. "You've got this Sunburst!" Spike told him.

"You've got Great Sage on the field. That card'll be a big help against whatever she throws at you."

Sunburst nodded, knowing they were right. One win, that's all he needed to earn his team the championship title. Plus, it was all he needed to go after Starlight. "I'll end this before she gets a chance to pull off anything big."

Tempest smiled, "we'll see about that."

Celestia: Are Duellists are ready to kick this Duel off. Say it with me. In THREE!

Luna: TWO!"

All: ONE"

"DUEL!"

Tempest: 4000
Sunburst: 1700

"Let's see," Tempest drew her card and looked through them. "I'll start by summoning Storm Guard Dominator Spear!" A bolt of lightning shot down and revealed the spear-wielding ape. "I then activate the Spell card Lightning Burst." Since I have a Storm Guard Monster on my field, all face-up Spell and Traps are destroyed." Spear Dominator raised his weapon before several bursts of blue lightning shot out and struck Sunburst's Pendulum Monsters and Spirit Barrier, destroying them all.

"Not good," Sunburst gulped.

"Next, I discard one card from my hand to activate the Spell card Tribute to the Doomed!" Sunburst's eyes went wide as he watched bandages appear around Great Sage of Sunburst, then exploded.

Sunburst grunted at this, but he wouldn't let this stop him. "Since Great Sage was destroyed by a card effect, his ability lets me place him into one of my empty Pendulum Scales." The ancient magician appeared in the pillar to his right.

Tempest smirked, "very well. But it doesn't matter. With your Sage gone, nothing's protecting you from a direct attack by my Spear Dominator!" The giant ape raised its staff before tossing it towards Sunburst, who just smiled.

"Nothing except my Draining Shield Trap card!" Said shield appeared in his hands before he held it up, the spear bouncing off the force field it created whilst his Life Points increased.

Tempest: 4000
Sunburst: 3500

Celestia: And just like that, Sunburst has increased his Life Points to almost match Tempests.

Luna: And with his Great Sage off the field, it's almost like their stating this Duel fresh.

Tempest frowned, "I place one card face down and end my turn." As she did this, she simply stared at him. She had to admit, the boy had grown a lot since the start of the tournament. A lot of the finalists had. But that wasn't going to stop her from fulfilling her plans. She would bring this constant state of death and destruction to an end.


Twilight, Misty, Cold and Cadance rushed down the hallway leading up to team Dominator's box.

They knew they were missing an important Duel right now, but this was just as important. Hopefully, what they were suspecting had come true and they would finally be able to get some real answers to this whole situation.

And then, they saw it.

"Over there!" Twilight cried as a girl came into view, lying face down on the ground. Twilight picked up the pace and slid down beside Starlight, turning her around and holding her in her arms. "Starlight! Are you in there? Say something?"

They all watched as Starlight's eyes began to flutter open, as she let out a moan. "Twi...light?"

Twilight smiled, seeing the same look she had seen on the Starlight she'd met when she'd gotten into her mind. This was the real Starlight. She was finally free. "You okay?"

"I think so," Starlight sat up whilst holding her head. She then noticed the back of her hand and stared at it, unable to believe the image that had been on it was finally gone. "I'm free." Tears began to form in her eyes, as she broke out sobbing in relief.

The girls all smiled at her, Cadance kneeling down to hold her in comfort.

The only one not smile was Cold, who knelt down to look her in the eye. "I know you've been through a lot and I promise to help you in any way I can. But right now, I need your help. Can you tell us anything that might help us learn what Tempest and the rest of the Dominators are up too."

Starlight frowned, trying to think back. But most of her memories from the last year were really fuzzy. "I'm sorry, I don't. I...I can't really remember much of what happened to me after I was Dominated."

Cold frowned, whilst Misty nodded. "Makes sense. The avatar controlling her was the one that was making the memories. They're probably in her mind somewhere, but it'll take time for them to properly synchronise with the rest of her memories."

"I understand," Cold stood back up. "I'll call a medical team to come get you. I'm sure you're tired after everything you've been through."

"No," Starlight tried to pick herself up. However, her legs quickly gave out and she almost fell to the floor until Twilight and Cadance caught her. "I have to see him. He's Duelling Tempest right now and one of the few things I do remember is she's not gonna be easy to beat. I want to show him I'm okay, that he saved me. I know that'll help him stay strong."

Cold nodded before they headed back down the Duel Field, Twilight and Cadance helping the still weak Starlight as she limped down.

"Sunburst," she whispered, "stay strong."


"It's my turn," Sunburst reached for his deck, "I draw." He saw what he'd gotten and smiled, "I set Pink Sun Magician into the Pendulum Scale!" The female sun magician flew up besides Great Sage. "Burn through space time and blaze the arc of victory!" The portal began to form above his head, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a trio of fireballs flew out and struck the ground, exploding to reveal his monsters. "Red Sun Magician!" (A1600/D1300/L4/P2)

"Green Sun Magician!" (A1400/D1300/L4/P6)

"And Ashes Magician!" (A1400/D1400/L4) "Then I'll activate the Pendulum Ability of Pink Sun Magician!" A card slotted out of his deck before he moved it to his graveyard. As that happened, the Sunburst Gate appeared before him. "I sacrifice Red Sun Magician and Ashes Magician!" The two wizards exploded before the fireballs entered the holes surrounding the door, whilst Sunburst closed his eyes and began to chant "Honourable inferno, that burns like the sun, give life to the archer whose quickfire aim is always true!" The door opened before unleashing a burst of flame, "I RITUAL SUMMON!"

the flames faded, revealing Sunburst's monster. "Sunburst Ranger!" (A2300/D1500/L6)

"I activate my Trap!" Tempest's face down flipped up, "Burst Lightning! Since I have a Storm Guard monster on my field, this card equips to your monster and prevents it from attacking while also zapping away five hundred ATK points." Lightning surged out of the Trap before hitting Ranger, making him flinch as he was electrocuted. His ATK power began to lessen. (A1800/D1500/L6)

Celestia: Yikes. Even if Ranger could attack, it would only end up destroying itself along with Spear Dominator.

Luna: But I think Tempest my have blundered here sister. Don't forget about Ranger's special ability.

Sunburst smirked as she mentioned that, "skill activate!" Green Sun Magician burst into flames and flew into the monster's bow, which Ranger pulled back while aiming for Tempest's Trap. He fired, the flaming arrow shooting out of the bow and hitting the Trap.

Tempest could only watch as her card was incinerated, Ranger's ATK points returning to their normal value. (A2300/D1500/L6) She then smirked.

Celestia: I don't think Tempest forgot about the ability sister. Looks like she was using her Trap to make Sunburst use it up.

"There's more," Sunburst then exclaim. "Ranger's ATK power now increases by an extra three hundred points." (A2600/D1500/L6) "And it doesn't end there," Sunburst pointed at his Great Sage. "During the Battle Phase, all Sunburst Ritual monsters gain five hundred ATK points. (A3100/D1500/L6)

Tempest began to run through the field in search of an Action Card. As she did, she heard Sunburst cry out. "Attack!" Ranger pulled back on his bow, aiming it at Spear Dominator.

But in that moment, Tempest spotted an Action Card in the rib-bone of a Summon Skull. She grabbed it, sighing when she saw that it was. "I activate the Action Spell Power Charger!" Her monster began to glow, as Ranger fired his flaming arrow. (A2300/D800/L4) The arrow struck her monster, incinerating it. "Gyah!"

Tempest: 3200
Sunburst: 3500

Tempest then smirked. "With my monster's destruction, you've activated the effect of my Burst Lightning Trap!"

Sunburst raised an eyebrow at this, "but it's in the graveyard?"

"Which is exactly where it needs to be for this effect to work. Now, by banishing it, I can draw cards equal to my destroyed monster's Level." She drew four cards.

"I place two cards face down and end my turn." As that happened, Sunburst's Ritual Monster lost its extra ATK points. (A2300/D1500/L6)

Luna: A strong move by Sunburst. And with Red and Green Sun Magician ready to be Pendulum Summoned back next turn, Tempest will be in trouble if she doesn't get rid of Ranger.

"My turn," Tempest drew her cards. "I'll start by setting the Pendulum Scale, with scale one Spine-Hog Dominator and scale eight Tempest Unicorn Dominator!" The two monsters flew up into the light pillars before the portal began to form, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights shot out and struck the ground, revealing her monsters. "Tempest Rogue Dominator, Scarvolt!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"And Storm Guard Dominator Glaive!" (A1900/D1200/L4/P3) "Since two Dominator monsters were Special Summoned, I can now draw a card for each of them." She did so, "then I'll use Scarvolt's special ability!" Scarvolt reached into her cloak before pulling out a single Obsidian Orb and tossing it towards Ranger, the sphere shattering against him and unleashing the green mist.

"No!" Sunburst cried as he watched his monster be consumed, the mist then fading to reveal the black statue.

Luna: Tempest really isn't pulling any punches. How will Sunburst respond to this?

"Next," Tempest went on, "I activate the Spell card Dominator Lightning!" Electrical energy shot out of the Sunburst Ranger statue and flew over to Glaive, surging around his weapon as his ATK power increased by five hundred points. (A2400/D1200/L4/P3)

"This is bad." Sunburst thought back to Flash and Rainbow's Duels against Tempest. He knew that with only one Dominated monster on the field, Scarvolt couldn't unleash its full power against him. But with Glaive now able to destroy Ranger.

"Glaive, attack!" The giant ape rushed forwards, Tempest Unicorn's Pendulum Ability increasing its ATK points by two hundred. (A2600/D1200/L4/P3) Glaive slammed its weapon into the statue, shattering it.

Tempest: 3200
Sunburst: 3200

"I activate my Trap!" Sunburst's face down flipped up, "Light the Beacons! Since a Fire monster was destroyed, I can summon a Level four or below Fire monster from my hand or deck." A card slotted out before he took it and slapped it onto the field. "Go, Sunburst Guardian!" A fireball appeared on the field before exploding to reveal his shield carrying monster. (A1400/D1800/L4)

Tempest frowned, "Scarvolt!" The Tempest Rogue rushed forwards before slashing at Guardian, the Sunburst monster not being destroyed due to her ability, the lightning that made up the blade of her sword shooting off and hitting Sunburst.

"Augh!" He cried as he was zapped.

Tempest: 3200
Sunburst: 2650

"I end my turn." Glaive's ATK points returned to normal. (A1900/D1200/L4/P3) Tempest turned to Sunburst and watched as he tried to recover from the attack.

Everyone else watched as Sunburst swayed. "Come on Sunburst!" Flash cried out, "you got this."

"Keep it together!" Spike yelled. "Just remember, you trained for this. Think back to all those hours of hard training!"

"I know," Sunburst panted. He reached for his deck, "I'm not giving up yet. I draw!" The portal began to form above him, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before three fireballs shot out and struck the ground, revealing his monsters. "Red Sun Magician!" (A1600/D1300/L4/P2)

"Green Sun Magician!" (A1400/D1300/L4/P6)

"And Sunburst Familiar!" (A1200/D1000/L3) "Next, I'll banish Ashes Magician to activate his ability!" He pulled two cards out of his graveyard, placing one in his pocket whilst the other he added to his hand. It didn't stay in his hand long, however, as he quickly activated the card. "Now I once again activate the Ritual Spell, Sunburst Gate!" The stone archway once again appeared behind his monsters before Green Sun and Sunburst Familiar exploded into seven fireballs, which flew into the indents as Sunburst began to chant. "Courageous flames, that burns like the sun, give life to the warrior whose fiery heart cannot be extinguished!" The doors of the gate flew open and unleashed a giant fireball, "I RITUAL SUMMON!"

The flames faded, revealing his monster. "Sunburst Knight!" (A2600/D1900/L7) "Next, I activate my face down." The card flipped up to reveal a Trap. "DNA Transplant! This card turns all monsters on the field into the Attribute I chose, which is Fire. So now your Dominators become Fire monsters!" Scarvolt and Glaive were both covered in a fiery aura, which was then sucked into Sunburst Knight's sword. "Now, for every other Fire monster on the field, Sunburst Knight will gain five hundred ATK points. (A4600/D1900/L7)

Celestia: Amazing. Sunburst isn't holding anything back.

Luna: If you take in Great Sage's ability, Sunburst Knight will have enough attack points to end this Duel.

Sunburst smirked hearing this, while Tempest and her monsters began to run through the field. "Now to end this," he pointed at Tempest's monster. "Attack Storm Guard Dominator Glaive!" Sunburst Knight rushed forwards, his ATK points going up thanks to Great Sage. (A5100/D1900/L7)

As they began to get closer, Tempest spotted a statue of V-Z Dragon Catapult Cannon. Pinched in each of its claws was an Action Card, one likely being a Spell whilst the others was a Trap.

As Sunburst Knight drew closer, she grabbed the card closest to her and turned it over. But upon seeing it was a Trap, she frowned.

Celestia: That card forces her to discard three cards.

Luna: Too bad.

Tempest did so whilst rushing towards the other claw, reaching for it as Sunburst Knight got into striking range. As he swung forwards, Tempest's fingers gripped the card. "I activate the Action Spell Team Spirit!" Scarvolt shoved Glaive out of the way, as the sword struck her and she was burnt into destruction. The flames flew passed her remains and struck Tempest. "AAARRRHHH!" She flew backwards.

Tempest: 600
Sunburst: 2650

Celestia: Oh! That had to hurt.

Luna: Could have been worse. At least she's still got life points.

Sunburst switched Guardian and Red Sun to DEF mode, "I end my turn by activating the Equip Spell Battle Ready. This card can only be equipped to a monster with an ability that activates during the Battle Phase. Now that effect is always active." With one less monster on the field and the end of his Battle Phase, Sunburst Knight's ATK points dropped by a thousand (A4100/D1900/L7) All in all, his monster was still stronger than anything Tempest had. Hopefully, it would be enough to get him through to the next turn.

Tempest moaned as she picked herself up, glaring over at Sunburst as she pushed herself back to her feet. "I'm...gonna make you...pay for that." She reached for her deck, "I DRAW!" The portal began to form above her, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights shot out, revealing her monsters. "Tempest Rogue Dominator, Scarvolt!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"And Storm Guard Dominator Ryyk!" (A2000/D1500/L5/P9) "Scarvolt and Ryyk's skill! Since they were special summoned, I can Dominate two monsters on your field with less ATK then Scarvolt while also being able to add a Spell from my graveyard to my hand." She pulled out a card whilst Scarvolt tossed a pair of Obsidian Orbs at Sunburst Guardian and Red Sun Magician, turning them to stone.

Sunburst frowned, "well don't forget that your monsters both become Fire monsters. And that means my Knight gains a thousand points off of them. (A5100/D1900/L7)

Tempest smiled, as she placed a hand over her deck. She could feel the dark energy of the card she was about to draw. "Well with Spine-Hog, I now draw two cards!" She did so, smiling when she saw it. "First, I activate the effect of the Storm Guard Dominator Chain-Claw in my graveyard. Now I can summon a high-Level Dominator monster without tribute. Welcome to the field, Storm Guard Dominator Flail!" A bolt of lightning revealed the flail wielding ape. "Then, I equip Scarvolt with the Staff of Sacanas!" Said staff appeared in Scarvolt's hand, the Tempest Rogue spinning it around as her power increased. (A3000/D2000/L7/P4)

Sunburst began to quiver, even if his monster's ATK points increased. (A5600/D1900/L7) This was gonna be really bad.

"Now," Tempest took a card that slotted out of her deck, "to summon my ultimate monster." Scarvolt lifted the staff into the air, right before it unleashed twin bolts of lightning, that hit Glaive and Ryyk. They both silently screamed in pain as they were destroyed, their essences being sucked into the staff. Seconds later, the staff flew out of her hands and suddenly unleashed a power spiralling gust of electrified wind that surrounded Scarvolt.

The wind was so powerful that it rocked the entire stadium, sending the statues flying all over the place.

"WOW!" Flash and Spike both cried as a Baby Dragon hit the window of their box, cracking it. "This is insane!" Spike cried.

"Sunburst!" Flash yelled out to his teammate.

Sunburst crouched down as best he could, his monsters rushing around him to shield him from the winds. As this happened, Tempest cried out. "By sacrificing Scarvolt whilst she's equipped with the Staff of Sacanas, along with two Dominator monsters, I can give life to the ultimate Dominator!" Everyone in the stadium watched as the lightning in the tornado shot into the eye below the staff, beginning to take humanoid form.

The staff then began to descend, as the figure raised one of its arms and grasped the relic. As soon as it did, the lightning was sucked into the staff and revealed the monster's form. "Behold...the ultimate Dominator monster. STORM KING DOMINATOR!" (A4000/D4000/L12)

Sunburst flinched at seeing the monster, whilst also seeing his own monster lose a thousand ATK points. (A4600/D1900/L7) His might have had more ATK points, but he knew that could quickly change.

"I activate the Spell card, Dominator Lightning!" Electrical energy shot out of the two statues and flew over to Storm King, surging into his staff as his ATK power increased by one thousand points. (A5000/D4000/L12) "Now, Flail Dominator will attack your Sunburst Guardian!" The ape rushed forwards while swinging its weapon around, then swung it at the shield carrying statue and shattering it. "And when Flail Dominator destroys a monster, I can destroy one Dominated monster on your field." The ape turned to Red Sun and swung his weapon at the statue, shattering it as well.

Celestia: And with that, Sunburst in down to only one monster.

Luna: What's worse, with two less Fire monsters on the field, Sunburst Knight loses a thousand ATK points.

Sunburst groaned as he turned to see his Ritual Monster's ATK power go down. (A3600/D1900/L7)

"Now," Tempest pointed at Sunburst Knight, "ATTACK!" The Dominator raised his staff, as lightning sparked out the end of it.

Meanwhile, Sunburst looked around for any sign of an Action Card. But the statues and their cards had all been blown a fair distance away. All he could do was run, hoping to run into one. But in that moment, Storm King unleashed a burst of lightning towards Sunburst Knight.

The Ritual Monster held up its sword to try and cut the lightning, but the weapon soon cracked before shattering and Sunburst Knight was destroyed. The lightning then flew towards Sunburst and struck him in the back. "AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!" He screamed as he was sent flying forwards.

Tempest: 600
Sunburst: 1250

"SUNBURST!" His friends all cried as they watched him hit the ground whilst smoking.

Sunburst moaned as he tried to pick himself up, looking up and seeing an Action Card that was laying on the ground infront of him. He grabbed it and saw it was a Team Spirit card, which was of no use to him right now.

"Trouble?" He glanced back and saw Tempest now standing on the head of a Blue-Eyes. She placed a card face down and ended her turn, Storm King's ATK points returned to normal. (A4000/D4000/L12) "Of course you are. Humans like you don't understand the true weight of a battle. This...game can never compare to what I've seen."

Sunburst moaned as he tried to pick himself up, only to feel himself stagger to his knees. 'Maybe she's right. I might have become a stronger Duellist, but does that really mean I'm strong?'

Tempest smiled seeing he appeared to be doubting himself. "Open up your eyes. you know you can't defeat me. Trying to keep going would just result in your loss being even more painful. Because against something like me, what can a pitiful human do?

"Don't listen to her!" He heard Flash call out from the box. "You're stronger then you know you are. Look at how far you've come and everything you've been through."

"Yeah," Spike agreed, "you think you'd have made it this far if you were as weak as she says? You're strong, smart and as stubborn as a mull."

'But is that gonna be enough to beat her?'

"SUNBURST!" The teen shot his head up and turned towards that voice, his eyes going wide seeing her.

"Starlight?" Starlight Glimmer was standing at the very front of the stands, Twilight, Cold, Cadance and Misty there with her. The smile on her face wasn't the sinister one she had worn in their Duel. It was the kind and loving one he hadn't seen since they were kids. "It's...really you."

Starlight broke out into tears at the sight of him, while holding up her now gloveless hand. "You did it Sunburst. You freed me." Hearing that made his heart skip a beat. He'd really done it. He'd saved her. "Don't listen to her. You're as strong as anyone else in this stadium, stronger even. If you weren't, do you really think you could have saved me?"

'No, I couldn't have.' That was right, he'd beaten one Dominator and now he was gonna beat another one. He turned back to Tempest, pushing himself back up onto his feet. "I'm...not out of this yet."

Tempest raised an eyebrow at this. "Really?"

"Yeah, really. I'm not the same loser who gave up on everything he loved when things got too hard. I'm the guy who keeps trying, no matter what. That's the person I became because of my friends, who I met because of this game. And no matter what...I won't let you do whatever it is you wanna do to end it!" He reached for his deck, "it's my turn...I DRAW!" He looked through his hand and saw nothing that could take down Storm King, especially since it couldn't be removed from the field by his card effects.

"By the look on your face, I'm guessing you don't have anything to help stop me." Sunburst's silence was all she needed to hear. "Thought so. Face it, what can you do? All of your Ritual Monsters are out of the game. And your best card is stuck up in the Pendulum Zone."

"Yeah, it...is." His eyes suddenly went wide as he looked up at his Great Sage, remembering a very important detail. "That's it!" He smiled before turning back to Tempest. "This fight isn't over." The portal began to form above him, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a trio of fireballs flew out, revealing Sunburst's monsters. "Red Sun Magician!" (A1600/D1300/L4/P2)

"Green Sun Magician!" (A1400/D1300/L4/P6)

"And Blue Sun Magician!" (A2600/D1300/L6/P7)

"Those cards won't save you."

"But this next one will. I activate Great Sage's final Pendulum Ability!"

Tempest didn't like the sound of that, "what ability?"

Sunburst smirked as he held up his Duel Disk. "Let me show you." The disk glowed before a trio of lights shot out of it and flew into the air, exploding to reveal Sunburst Magician, Knight and Ranger. "By banishing three Sunburst Ritual Monsters from my graveyard, I can summon Great Sage to the field from the Pendulum Zone." Tempest's eyes went wide, as she watched the three Ritual Monsters burst into flames that wrapped around the pillar and formed a sphere around Great Sage. The sphere then flew out of the pillar before flying down and landing infront of Sunburst, the flames disappearing to reveal the Great Sage. (A3500/D3000/L10/P1)

Celestia: Amazing. Things looked bad for Sunburst, but it was actually a great opportunity for him.

Luna: I get the feeling I know what his next move is.

"Great Sage's skill!" His monster raised his staff, the orb glowing bright. "Select one Sunburst monster in my graveyard and summon it to the field." They watched as a fireball shot out of the orb and exploded, revealing Sunburst Archmage. (A3000/D2500/L8)

As this was happening, Tempest began to run through the ruined field. She leapt from one fallen statue to another in search of an Action Card. As she did, she heard Sunburst continue.

"This monster can't attack and is destroyed during the End Phase, but Great Sage now gains its ability. An ability...I'll use right now!" Great Sage pointed his staff at his younger self before the magician exploded into fire, which wrapped around the head of the staff. "With this, I can burn away the ATK and DEF of your monster equal to Archmage's!" Everybody watched as Great Sage tossed the fireball towards Storm King, the flames exploding to trap the beast in a cage of fire.

The satyr flinched as his points were burnt away. (A1000/D1500/L12)

Tempest growled as she stopped, spotting an Action Card laying beside a Gate Guardian Statue. She leapt down and grabbed the card, As Sunburst continued. "What's more, Great Sage gains half my tributed monster's ATK points. (A5000/D3000/L10/P1) "Now go! Great Sage of Sunburst...ATTACK!" The ancient wizard pointed his staff at Storm King before and massive explosion of fire shot out of it.

As the flames got closer to Storm King, the beast growled while Tempest glared at Sunburst. And as the two locked eyes, something happened.

A bright flash of light shot out of her eyes and flew towards Sunburst, with Flash and Spike also seeing it.

Together, the three all flinched and closed their eyes, as they suddenly felt the ground beneath them vanish. And when they opened their eyes, they suddenly found they were in a black void.

"What's this?" Spike asked as he looked around.

"It's just like with Starlight," Sunburst realised.

Flash nodded. "This is...Tempest's mind." And as he said that, he spotted something a ways off. A stone tablet, with a certain someone chained too it. "Tempest!" They flew towards her and Flash grabbed the chains, attempting to pull them off.

"That won't work," Sunburst told him. But as he looked the chains over, he saw they appeared very weak and some even had cracks on them. "These aren't as strong as the ones holding Starlight."

"What does that mean?" Spike asked.

"The...connection...is weak." The three looked up and saw Tempest's eyes crack open.

"Tempest," Flash whispered. "Hold on. We're gonna get you out of this." He smiled, "Scarvolt is waiting for you. Once you're free, she'll be waiting for you to summon her again." She saw Tempest smile at this, as Spike and Sunburst continued to pull at the chains.

"You have to...beat the avatar." She looked back them and they turned around, seeing another Tempest standing before them. This one appeared much more sinister, just like the one Sunburst was Duelling. "One Duel, that's all it'll take."

"That's right," Flash remembered what Sombra had told him. "It all depends on how compatible the Soulinked spirits are." He turned back to Tempest, "if you and Storm King are only barely compatible."

"Then one win's all it's gonna take," Spike realised.

"No problem," Sunburst said. "After all, I'm about to win!"

"I DON'T THINK SO!" They all spun back around and saw a shadowy figure standing next to the avatar, who stepped up to them and revealed himself to be Storm King.

"YOU!" The three cried as they got into a fighting stance.

Storm King smirked, "pitiful humans. Coming here. What do you think you can do."

"More then you know," Flash told him. "We're not gonna let you keep Tempest's body."

"And what can you do?" Storm King asked. "I refuse to let it go before my mission is complete. I will end this cycle of death and destruction."

"And how do you intend to do that?" Spike asked.

Storm King smiled. "I don't know, but I don't need to know. My mission is to find the one worthy of joining with my lord, Zeronull."

"Zeronull?" Flash asked, "what's that?"

"The ultimate being of endless none-existence. Omega Diety of Destruction, Zeronull. He is the one who will finally end this retched world and bring about a world where no war or conflict exists. And I will not stop until his mission is completed." He raised his staff, as electricity began to surge around it. "Now, be gone!" A bolt of lightning shot out at them, Spike and Sunburst both flinching as it got closer.

But Flash quickly acted, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a card. "Come to me!" In a flash of light, a figure appeared and blocked the lightning. Everyone stared at it in shock and saw what it was.

"Scarvolt?" Tempest whispered as she saw her Duel monster partner blocking the lightning. This Scarvolt didn't look like the one Tempest had been using in the Double X. Her sword was whole and she didn't have any Obsidian Orbs in her coat.

Storm King growled at the sight of his former enemy. "How. How are you here?"

Flash sighed in relief, "wasn't sure I was gonna be able to pull that off." He looked down at the card in his hand, smiling. He turned back to Tempest, "a little gift from Cold. He thought it might come in handy."

Storm King growled as he unleashed more lightning, which Scarvolt continued to block. "You won't beat me. I refuse to lose and be sent back. This body is mine!"

"No, it isn't," Spike told him. "You may control it, but it'll never be yours. You don't know what it means to be human."

"I know exactly what it means to be human!" He fired another volt, which Scarvolt blocked. "Being human means you're weak. It means you have no strength of your own. That's why you steal our power. You're nothing but leeches, an evolutionary FAILURE!"

"No," Sunburst said, "that's not what it means." He clutched his heart. "Being human means we hope when it's foolish to hope. It means we fight when it's foolish to fight. We face obstacles and overcome them...together with those we trust." He smiled at his two teammates. "Before I met you guys, I was wallowing in my own misery. I let my failures overtake me, make me feel worthless." He then smiled, "but then you guys came into my life. You wouldn't stop pestering me until I realised that my failures weren't something that made me weaker. They could make me stronger if I was willing to accept them and learn from them."

Flash and Spike both nodded, believing the same thing.

Sunburst then turned back to Storm King. "It's true...individually, we might be powerless. But if we work together, we can make the impossible possible."

"Turn despair into hope," Spike continued.

"And turn defeat...into victory," Flash finished. With that, the three of them began to glow. Storm King watched as that light transformed into Flash Heart, Blazemaster and Sunburst Magician.

Sunburst then spoke. "The bonds we share with our monsters. That connects our two worlds together. That's what allows anything to become possible." The light grew brighter, blinding Storm King.

"No!" Lightning surged around him, "I don't believe that. Nothing good has ever come from the connection our worlds share. And if it's the last thing I do...I'LL SEVERE IT COMPLETELY!" With that, lightning blasted off of him.

Scarvolt managed to shield the boys as they covered their eyes and felt themselves fly back. "TEMPEST!" Flash cried out as he turned to watched her disappear in the darkness before the light consumed them


When the light faded, the three found themselves back in the stadium.

"I activate my Action Spell!" They turned towards Tempest and saw her play the card, as a familiar-looking shield appeared in Storm King's hands. He then lifted it up and blocked he attack, a force field appearing around him to keep both him and Tempest completely safe.

Sunburst's eyes went wide, "that's..." He looked down at Tempest's life points.

Tempest: 5600
Sunburst: 1250

Tempest smiled, "the Action Spell was called Doppelganger Trap. It lets me activate the effect of a Trap card you already used, like say...your Draining Shield."

Sunburst growled as Great Sage ended his attack. "Yellow Sun, attack!" The Pendulum Magician lit his staff with yellow fire, ready to attack Storm King.

"I activate my Trap!" Her face down flipped up, "Dominator Pride! Since I have more Life Points then you, a Dominator on my field will now gain the difference as ATK points." Storm King let out a mighty roar, which shook the stadium, as his power increased. (A5350/D1500/L12)

Sunburst's eyes went wide before calling off his attack. He sighed and did the only thing he could do, "I end my turn." Great Sage and Storm King's points returned to normal. (A3500/D3000/L10/P1) (A4000/D4000/L12) Sunburst looked down at his Action Card. With this, he should be able to survive to his next turn. "I'm not out yet."

"Don't be so sure," Tempest reached for her deck. "You probably think that Action Card will save you when I attack." She drew her card and smiled when she saw it, "but what if I don't attack." Sunburst's eyes went wide hearing this, as the portal formed above them. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a single light shot out and hit the ground, revealing her monster. "Storm Guard Dominator Ryyk!" (A2000/D1500/L5/P9) "Ryyk's skill!" A card slotted out of her graveyard, which she took. "I add the Staff of Sacanas back to my hand.

"Why'd she do that?" Spike asked.

"It can't be for anything good."

"Next," Tempest activated the card she drew, "play Dominator Blitz. To activate this card, I must send one Dominator on my field to the bottom of my deck." Storm King Dominator burst into a ball of lightning that began to float into the air.

"Why would you send your best card back to your deck?" Sunburst asked.

"Because Dominator Blitz now deals us both damage. I'll be losing points equal to half my monster's ATK points, whilst you...will be taking the full blast!"

"What!?" Sunburst asked as he looked up in horror, whilst the ball of lightning shot out two streams of lightning.

"I told you," he looked back down at Tempest, "continuing to Duel me would just lead to a more painful loss. Next time, listen to your betters." And with that, the lightning bolts struck the two of them and they cried out in pain.

"AAAAARRRRRHHHHH!" They both screamed as their Life Points were reduced, but only one of them had enough to survive.

Tempest: 3600 (Winner)
Sunburst: 0

"SUNBURST!" His friends all cried as they watched this, Flash and Spike rushing out onto the field as the attack finally ended. The two stopped just behind him, as he stood there completely still as smoke flew off of him. Flash then looked past him and saw Tempest fall to one knee, panting at the punishment she'd put herself through.

"Sunburst!" He turned back to him as he heard Spike cry out, seeing his teammate falling back. The two jumped forwards and caught him before he hit the ground, seeing he had passed out.

"Please be okay," Flash begged as he looked him over. Lucky, he still seemed to be breathing.

"Now you see," Flash look back over at Tempest. "Just how pathetic you humans are to us. You're frail, weak and have no chance against us."

Flash growled as he picked himself up and stepped forward, pulling out his Duel Disk. "Get up, we're ending this now." Tempest smiled as she did so, the Celestial Sisters seeing this.

Celestia: Flash isn't wasting any time in trying to avenge his teammate's loss.

Luna: But will he be able to overcome Tempest's who remains undefeated in this tournament?

That was a good question. Flash had Duelled Tempest more than anyone in the tournament, but that didn't mean he knew how she was gonna play. This Duel showed that Tempest still had cards he hadn't seen. But hopefully, he would be able to overcome the Dominator.

The Double X's final Duel was finally upon them. The winner of it was anyone's guess, but hopefully Flash would be the one who would stand victorious. To win the Double X and discover the Dominator's plans.

Everything...rested of this Duel's outcome.

Author's Note:

Well, Sunburst was good but Tempest...er...Storm King was just better. Now, it's all up to Flash. Can he overcome this obstacle.

PreviousChapters Next