• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 3,592 Views, 681 Comments

Yugioh EQG: XX - Banshee531



A year has past since our heroes battle against Sombra. Now, a new threat appears in the form of a tournament. Will our heroes be able to overcome this evil, or is the peace they worked so hard to achieve gone forever?

  • ...
5
 681
 3,592

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 38: The Playoff

The crowd was roaring as they found their seats in the Freeze Stadium, everyone staring down at the field as the Celestic Sisters came onstage.

Both: HELLO CANTERLOT!

Celestia: The time has finally come for the Double X's playoff match.

Luna: Which team will earn the final spot in the final round. Let's meet our young hopefuls. First, team Applejewel!

Applejack, Rarity and Mac stepped out onto the Duel Field, the three ready to do whatever it took to win this match.

Celestia: And their opponents, Team Tidal Maidens!

Twilight, Fluttershy and Sunset stepped out from the opposite side. Up in the VIP box, Tidal was holding a large banner up for them. "GO GO AMIGOS!"

The two teams met in the centre of the field. "Good luck today Twilight," Applejack told her.

Twilight smiled, "you too. But don't expect to be heading to the finals. We're not letting this chance pass us by."

"Don't count us out yet darling," Rarity replied. "We don't have any intention of losing either."

"Nope."

Sunset smirked. "Guess that's enough trash talk."

"So it's time for action," Fluttershy said with amazing confidence. The six all shook hands before stepping backwards, as the Celestic Sisters continued.

Celestia: With that, it's time to get this Duel started.

Luna: Time to explain the rules of this playoff. This is a team Duel, where each team will share a single Duel Field. They will also take it in turns to Duel.

Celestia: One Duellist shall Duel until the end of their opponent's next turn, then their teammate will go next. Any card that is left by the previous Duellist may be used by their teammates during their turn. However, there can be no sharing of strategies.

Luna: Any Action Card found can only be wielded by the Duellist currently Duelling. In addition, the teams will share a total of eight thousand Life Points. They'll also share Graveyards and Extra Decks.


"Meaning the teams have access to any card their teammates used as if it's theirs," Cadance realised.

Soarin began to catch on. "And they can Pendulum Summon Pendulum Monsters that were destroyed."

"This match is really gonna test their skills," Flash said. "It'll also test their teamwork."

Misty nodded. "And whoever has the best teamwork, will likely be the ones going through."

"Come on Twilight!" Spike cheered.

"Go get'um Applejack," Applebloom cheered. "You too Mac!"

"You can do it Rarity!" Sweetie almost squeaked.


Celestia: Now it's time to see where this playoff will be taking place.

Luna: We've prepared a special Action Field for this match.

She held up a remote and pressed the button.

Suddenly the floor beneath their feet began to shine as it projected the Duel Field, as a robotic female voice said. "AUGMENTED REALITY COMBAT SYSTEM ENERGISED."

In the blink of an eye, the two teams suddenly found themselves in a desert. They looked around and saw a bunch of different famous monuments, most of which her half-buried under the sand.

Celestia: Monument Desert. How will our competitors navigate this sandy field?

Luna: Only one way to find out. Our both teams ready?

The Applejewels and Tidal Maidens nodded before they took out their Duel Disks, strapped them to their arms and activated them.

Celestia: Then in three!

Luna: Two!

All: ONE!

"DUEL!"

Applejewel: 8000
Tidal Maidens: 8000

"ACTION CARDS DISPERSED!"

"Ah'll take the first move," Applejack drew her card. "And ah'll start by settin the Pendulum Scale, with scale one Stag of Great Seedling and scale seven Apple Fairy!" The columns of light appeared beside her team before the two monsters flew up into them. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of vic-tree!" The portal began to form above her, "A'H PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened up before a pair of lights shot out and struck the ground, revealing her monsters. "Vine Maiden!" (A1000/D1000/L3) "And Apple-Buck Pony!" (A1800/D1200/L4/P5) "And since Apple-Buck Pony was special summon, she lets me look at the top five cards of ma'h deck and summon any Apple monsters." She drew her cards and smiled before taking one out. "A'h summon Red Apple Golem!" The red apple with arms and legs appeared beside her other monsters. (A1300/D1500/L4) "And when Red Apple Golem is summoned, a'h can add Green Apple Golem to ma'h hand." Her deck slotted out a card, which she took before summoning to the field. (A1400/D600/L4)

Celestia: Applejack appears to be setting up the field with an army of monsters.

Luna: Just where will she go from here?

"Now a'm using Apple Fairy's Pendulum Ability!" The fairy waved her wand, causing Vine Maiden to glow. "With this, a'h pick a monster and make every other monster's Level the same as it." The light flew off the maiden and onto the other, changing their Levels. (A1800/D1200/L3/P5) (A1300/D1500/L3) (A1400/D600/L3)

"They're all Level three," Twilight realised.

"That ain't good," Sunset agreed.

"Now," Applejack announced as her monsters glowed, "with these three monsters a'h build the Overlay Network." The monsters shot into the air and then flew into the black hole as it appeared below her. "As the seasons bring forth new growth, it can also bring forth a new power!" The black hole exploded in a burst of light, "A'H XYZ SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing AJ's Xyz monster. "Orchard Cowboy!" (A2100/D600/R3) "A'h place one card face down and end ma'h turn."

Celestia: What a move!

Luna: The Tidal Maidens will need something big the pull that off.

Twilight stepped up, reaching for her deck. "It's my turn!" She drew her card.

"A'h activate ma'h Trap!" Applejack cried as her face down flipped up, "Thorn Spear! This Trap'll be stickin around and during ya'h Standby Phase, will deal three hundred points of damage for every card in ya'h hand."

Twilight frowned. That was a good card for this kind of Duel, considering they'll be starting they'll have six cards during their next two standby Phases. "Alright, I'm gonna set my own Pendulum Scale. So say hello to scale two Pendulum Caster and scale eight Harmonizing Magician!" The pillars of light appeared beside her team before the two monsters flew up into them. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory!" The portal formed above their heads, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a light shot out and struck the ground, revealing her monster. "Timebreaker Magician!" (A1400/D0/L3/P2) "And since he was Pendulum Summon on his own from the hand, his ATK points double!" (A2800/D0/L3/P2) "Then I'll summon Magi-Beast, Twilight Unicorn!" (A1800/D1300/L4/P7) "And activate the Spellbook of Power!"

"Sorry Twi," Applejack told her. "But that ain't hap-nin. Cause a'm gonna use an Overlay Unit to negate your card's effect and destroy it!" The cowboy aimed its gun at the Spellbook that had just appeared, as one of the lights flew into it before it fired at the book and destroyed it.

Twilight frowned, "alright then. "Timebreaker, attack Orchard Cowboy!" The clock themed wizard rushed forwards, sword in hand. Meanwhile, team Applejewel began rushing through the desert in search of an Action Card with the Tidal Maidens following after her.

"There!" Rarity cried as she spotted an Action Card on the torch of a slanted half-buried Statue of Liberty.

"A'h got it!" Mac leapt onto the began to rush up it until he reached the card, grabbing it. But as he turned it over, he saw it was an Action Trap.

Celestia: Ow, so much for that.

Luna: That Trap will take away three hundred life points.

Mac cried as he was shocked, their life points being diminished as he was

Applejewel: 7700
Tidal Maidens: 8000

Meanwhile, Fluttershy had run near a pyramid and as she did she spotted an Action Card on the top. However, she also saw Applejack had seen it and was rushing to grab it. "For the team!" She began to climb the stair-like structure and was about a third of the way up when Applejack started.

With her stronger legs and more athletic build, Applejack quickly began to close the distance as they neared the card. Eventually, they both reached the top and thrust their arms out to grab the card, but one of them got it first. "YES!" Fluttershy cried, surprising everyone with how loud she was, as she clutched the Action Card.

Seconds later, Timebreaker reached Orchard Cowboy and slashed him in the stomach.

Applejewel: 7000
Tidal Maidens: 8000

"Twilight!" Fluttershy cried before tossing the Action Card towards her friend.

Twilight caught the card and smiled when she saw what it was, "thanks Fluttershy!" She activated the card, "I play Super Sight Seeing! This Action Spell increases the attack of my Twilight Unicorn by five hundred points!" (A2300/1300/L4/P7) "Attack!" The unicorn fired a magical blast at the Apple-Buck Pony, destroying it.

Applejewel: 6500
Tidal Maidens: 8000

Celestia: Team Tidal Maidens is soaring ahead.

Luna: How will they end their turn?

"I activate Pendulum Caster's ability, to make Timebreaker Magician a Tuner monster." The magician did so, firing the rainbow of light at Timebreaker before he leapt into the air and transformed into the three lights. "Now I tune my level three Timebreaker Magician with my level four Twilight Unicorn!" the lights began to carve three light rings, which Twilight Unicorn leapt into. "It's time to embrace the power given by those we call friends and ascend to a higher plain of life." Instead of disappearing in a flash, the light-infused into Twilight Unicorn as two new appendages appeared on its back. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded from the monsters body, revealing Twilight monster. "Twilight Alicorn!" (A2600/D1900/L7) "I place one card and end my turn."

As that happened, Mac jumped up and reached for his deck. "Ma'h turn," he drew his card as the portal opened up above him. "A'H PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before three lights shot out, revealing their monsters.

"Apple-Buck Pony!" (A1800/D1200/L4/P5)

"Mecha Worker Max Axe!" (A1600/D1400/L4) "Then A'll use Max Axe's ability to cut your monster's ATK points in half." The robot swung its axe hand through the air, launching a blade of energy that flew towards Twilight Alicorn and hit it dead on. (A1300/D1900/L7)

"Not good," Twilight said while Sunset and Fluttershy began to search for Action Cards.

"Now a'll activate ma'h Polymerisation, to fuse Max Axe together with the Mecha Worker Saw Cutter in ma'h hand!" The second robot appeared beside his first before a vortex opened up above their heads. "Now ma'h two Mecha Workers will combine to create an even greater machine," his monster were sucker into the vortex. "A'H FUSION SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing a familiar monster, this time with the head of an axe and saw for hands. "Advanced Mecha Worker, Cyber Handyman!" (A2600/D2100/L8) ) "Then a'h can use his skill, to add a Spell Card from ma'h deck to ma'h hand." His deck shuffled before slotting out a card, which he took and then placed in his Duel Disk. "Go, Polymerisation!"

"Again?" Sunset asked, while Twilight frowned and Fluttershy began to panic.

"Now a'h fuse Mecha Tools Power Drill and Lightning Buzzsaw!" Said monsters appeared on the field before being sucked into a vortex that appeared above them. "A'H FUSION SUMMON!"

The vortex exploded, revealing the combined monster as it flew down besides Mecha Handyman. "Advanced Mecha Tool Drill-Saw!" (A1000/D1000/L4) "And now a'll equip Drill Saw to my Handyman!" The Advanced Mecha Tool transformed into a new arm, with the two tools on the end. Handyman's left shoulder opened up, folding out a plug like instrument that Drill Saw attached to. "With this upgrade, my Handyman is now one thousand points stronger. (A3600/D2100/L8)

Celestia: What a machine.

Luna: Team Applejewel's certainly not holding anything back.

"ATTACK!" Mac cried as the giant robot charged towards Twilight Alicorn

"I activate my face down!" Twilight's card flipped up to reveal a Trap, "Spellbinding Circle!"

You'd think Mac would look annoyed by this, but he just smiled. "Nice try, but that ain't gonna work." Mac pointed at her Trap, "but since Handyman's equipped with Drill-Saw he can negate one Spell or Trap's activation!" Twilight's eyes went wide as she watched the Advanced Mecha Tool reach out and strike the circle, the drill and saw cutting through it while Cyber Handyman continued towards Twilight Alicorn.

Sunset meanwhile, had reached an Easter Island head and saw it had its mouth open. She guessed this must have meant it had an Action Card inside, grabbing the card before pulling it out. Once she saw what it was, she turned towards Twilight. "Here," she tossed it at the girl, "catch!"

Twilight saw it coming and managed to grab the card before her monster was attacked. "I activate the Action Spell, Monumental Protection Act. This card protects my monster from being destroyed and cuts any damage I take in half." A force field appeared around her monster, Handyman's attack bouncing off of it while the force knocked Twilight back.

Applejewel: 6500
Tidal Maidens: 6850

Mac frowned, but pointed at her winged unicorn as his sister's galloped forwards. "Well, now a'h attack with Apple-Buck!" The earth pony leapt at the alicorn and thrust its front hooves into her, destroying it.

Applejewel: 6500
Tidal Maidens: 6350

Celestia: Team Applejewel is certainly not holding anything back.

Luna: It's clear to see why they're here in the playoff.

"A'h place one card face down and end ma'h turn." Mac then turned towards the next Duellist, Fluttershy.

The girl, still panting from her mad rush to find an Action Card, turned towards him before reaching for her Deck. "It'll...my turn. I draw!" As she did so, the Trap Applejack activated glowed before six long thorny vines shot out and struck Fluttershy in the chest. "YAH!"

"FLUTTERSHY!" Twilight and Sunset cried out before looking down at their Life Points.

Applejewel: 6500
Tidal Maidens: 4550

As the vines retracted, Fluttershy moaned while swaying side to side. But she quickly managed to regain her composure when she saw one of her teammates. 'Twilight, you believed in me enough to ask me to be on your team. And even though we've gotten this far, I'm the one who's done the least.' "Well not anymore," the portal began to form above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

"Magi-Beast, Twilight Unicorn!" (A1800/D1300/L4/P7)

"Timebreaker Magician!" (A1400/D0/L3/P2)

"And Sacred Guardian Beast, Kindness Pegasus!" (A1000/18000/L4/P5) "And when my Pegasus is Special Summoned, I can add Kindness Dragonoid from my deck to my hand." Her deck shuffled before slotting out a card. "Then, I play the Wings of Kindness Spell card. Since I have my Pegasus on my field and Dragonoid in my hand, I can summon Kindness Dragonoid to the field!" In a great flash of light, the pink and yellow dragon appeared behind her. (A2600/1900/L7/P5)


Up in the VIP box, everyone was cheering.

"Go Fluttershy!" Rainbow cried.

Flash nodded. "Show them why they shouldn't mess with you!"


While this was going on, Twilight had reached a half-buried Eiffel Tower.

Looking up at it, she smiled as she remembered going there with Moondancer before beginning to climb up its railings. Eventually, she reached what she had been climbing for. An Action Card.

She got the card and smiled when she saw what it was, turning back towards her teammate. "Fluttershy!" She waved the card in the air, catching Fluttershy's attention.

The girl nodded before jumping onto her Pegasus's back and flying towards the tower. "I activate Kindness Dragonoid's ability. By lowering her ATK points by two hundred, she can give them to any Level four or below monster on my field. So I'll be giving two hundred ATK points to Twilight Unicorn!" Kindness Dragonoid turned to the unicorn and began breathing a pink mist onto it, increasing its power while lowering the dragons. (A2400/1900/L7/P5), (A2000/D1300/L4/P7) As this happened, Fluttershy and her pegasus reached the tower and Twilight jumped off and onto her winged horse's back.

"Here," she gave the card to her.

"Thank you," they flew low and Twilight leapt off. "Now I'll use the same effect on Timebreaker Magician, only this time I'll be giving all of my dragon's ATK to him!" Dragonoid constantly breathed the pink mist onto Timebreaker, increasing his ATK power again and again until it could go no higher. (A0/1900/L7/P5) (A3800/D0/L3/P2)

Celestia: Incredible. She's managed to increase the power of her monsters so that they can go toe to toe with Mac's.

Luna: An incredible feat considering Wings of Kindness actually prevents Dragonoid from attacking on the turn it's summoned, meaning all the points it had would have gone to waste.

"ATTACK!" The wizard charged towards the robot, Mac not looking at all worried.

"A'h activate ma'h Trap!" His face down flipped up, "Scrap-Iron Scarecrow!" But as he did this, he saw Fluttershy smiling.

"Thanks to Twilight, that Trap's useless." She played the card Twilight gave her, "Rust-Up! This Action Spell prevents the activation of a card on your field and destroys it." Mac's eyes went wide as he saw his Scrap-Iron Scarecrow be covered in rust before falling to bits. Seconds later, Timebreaker pieced the robotic beast with his sword. "Now, Unicorn!" Twilight's monster aimed its horn at the earth pony.

While this had been happening, Rarity had reached the half-buried London Eye and had been searching it for an Action Card. At this point she'd finally found one inside one of the pods, grabbing it. "Here, darling!" She tossed it at Mac and he caught it just as Twilight Unicorn fired a magic blast.

Mac saw what it was and nodded before activating the card. "A'h play the Action Spell, Wisdom of the Ancients. This card lets me save ma'h monster from destruction." The blast struck Apple-Buck pony, but the horse remained standing.

Applejewel: 6300
Tidal Maidens: 4550

Once the attack ended, Apple-Buck glowed. "Now for the downside. My monster's ATK points are cut in half." (A900/D1200/L4/P5)

Fluttershy frowned before jumping off her monster as it flew towards Apple-Buck, the two slamming into one another and Apple-Buck being destroyed.

Applejewel: 6200
Tidal Maidens: 4550

As Fluttershy's monster returned to her, she took out the three cards in her hand and placed two of them into her Duel Disk face down before activating the third. "I play the Continuous Spell Card Eternal Mimic. This card can only be used whilst you have a Continuous Spell or Trap on the field. Now this card will gain your card's effect."

Celestia: Brilliant! Fluttershy has copied the effect of Thorn Spear.

Luna: Now team Applejewel will be taking damage during their Standby Phases.

"Way to go Fluttershy!" Sunset cheered.

"That was a great turn!" Twilight complimented.

Fluttershy blushed at the praise before turning towards the next Duellist. Her turn ending meant her monsters all returned to normal ATK points. (A2600/1900/L7/P5) (A1800/D1300/L4/P7) (A1400/D0/L3/P2)

"Yes," Rarity told her, "it certainly was some excellent Duelling." She reached for her deck, "I draw!" As she did this, the Spell Fluttershy played activated and shot out six points vines that struck Rarity in the chest. "GAH!"

Applejewel: 4400
Tidal Maidens: 4550

Rarity quickly recovered before smiling at Fluttershy, "here I come, darling." The portal began to form above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights shot out and struck the ground before exploding. "Apple-Buck Pony!" (A1800/D1200/L4/P5)

The second became a white unicorn with a purple mane and tail and Rarity's emblem on its flank, "And Gem-Unicorn!" (A1600/D1400/L4/P5) "And since Gem-Unicorn was Special Summoned, I can now look at the top five cards of my deck and summon any Level four or below Gem-Knights from among them." She drew her cards and smiled when she saw what she'd gotten, placing three of them onto her Duel Disk. "I summon Gem-Knight Alexandrite, Amber and Emerald!" (A1800/D1200/L4) (A1600/D1400/L4) (A1800/D800/L4)


"That's a lot of monsters," Spike mentioned.

Sunburst nodded, "but I get the feeling those Gem-Knights won't be around for long."

"Go Rarity!" Sweetie cheered her sister on.


"Now," Rarity placed a card into her Duel Disk, "I activate Gem-Knight Fusion!" A portal opened up above her monsters, sucking the three inside. "I now fuse my three Gem-Knights together, in order to create a jewel that shines like none other!" The vortex exploded, "I FUSION SUMMON!"

The light faded, revealing Rarity's monster. "Gem-Knight Lady, Brilliant Diamond!" (A3400/D2000/L10) "Then I'll use Brilliant Diamond's ability." She discarded a card from her hand before her Extra Deck opened, with her taking a card and placing it on the field. "Now I can summon Gem-Knight Lady, Lapis Lazuli without needing to Fusion Summon her." In a brilliant glow, the gem themed woman appeared beside her other monsters looking elegant as ever. (A2400/D1000/L5) "Then with her effect, I can send a Gem-Knight Fusion monster from my Extra Deck to the graveyard and deal you five hundred points of damage for every Special Summoned monster on my field." The jewel in the knight's chest glowed before firing a blast of light, which struck Fluttershy and made her stagger backwards.

Applejewel: 4400
Tidal Maidens: 2550

"I activate my face down," her card flipped up to reveal a Spell. "Flute of Summoning Kuriboh." With this, I can now summon Winged Kuriboh from my deck." In a flash of light, the winged puffball appeared next to the rest of her monsters.

Rarity smiled. "I activate the Spell card Gaia Energy, which will increase the ATK of every Earth Monster on the field by five hundred points. (A3900/D2000/L10) (A2900/D1000/L5) (A2300/D1200/L4/P5) (A2100/D1400/L4/P5)


"Not a bad card to have for their team," Shining noted.

Cadance nodded. "With all of their monsters being earth types, it a pretty useful card."

"This could be bad for Twilight," Spike mentioned. "If they attack with those monsters, the girl's Life Point's be wiped out."

"Don't worry," Tidal told him. "They won't go down that easy." He turned back to the Duel field, "show him, girls!"


"Brilliant Diamond, attack Kindness Dragonoid!" The Gem-Knight charged forwards, her rapier at the ready to pierce the dragon's heart.

However, Fluttershy just smiled. "I activate my Trap!" Her face down flipped up, "Switch!" This card lets me switch which monster you're attack, so I'll switch my Dragonoid with Winged Kuriboh!" Then a flash, the two monsters traded places before Brilliant Diamond impaled it. Kuriboh was destroyed, but since it was in DEF mode the Tidal Maidens didn't take any damage. "There's more. Since Winged Kuriboh was destroyed, we're now safe from any Battle Damage for the rest of the turn."

Celestia: Smart move by Fluttershy.

Luna: She's really pulling her weight out there. How will the Applejewels respond?

Rarity frowned. Since she couldn't cause any more damage, it would be pointless the destroy the rest of their monsters since they'd just summon them back next turn. "I place three cards face down and end my turn." With her turn over, her monster's ATK points returned to normal. (A3400/D2000/L10) (A2400/D1000/L5) (A1800/D1200/L4/P5) (A1600/D1400/L4/P5)

She turned to Sunset, the redhead having arrived at a half-buried Big Ben. She was running up the ramp like structure until she reached the face, where an Action Card was stuck to one of the hands.

She picked it up and, seeing what it was, frowned before turning to play her turn. "Here goes," she drew her card before Thorn Spear's effect activated. The piercing vines shot out and struck the girl, making her cry out. "YARRR!"

Applejewel: 4400
Tidal Maidens: 750

She panted but managed to stay upright, turning to Twilight as the girl looked over at her in worry. 'Twilight, you overcame the loss of someone close to you in order to get here.' She turned back to Rarity, "I won't let all your efforts be in vain. I'll Duel until the bitter end and get us to the finals! Then...I'm gonna become a pro! I activate the Action Spell, The Hands of Time." A large coin appeared in her hand, one side having Exodia's head while the other side had a small Blue-Eyes tail and a long tail. "Now I flip a coin and call it. I call it right, you lose half your Life Points. I call it wrong, we lose half our Life Points."

Celestia: A risky move, especially with their life points already being so low.

Luna: But it might be just what they need to even things up.

Twilight and Fluttershy both nodded, trusting Sunset as she jumped down off the clock. The girl nodded back before pulling her arm back, "here goes!" She tossed it into the air, "HEADS!" The coin continued to flip through the air until gravity took its hold, pulling it back down.

It eventually hit the ground and bounced off the sand several times, until he finally came to a stop on its side while rocking back and forth. Eventually, one side fell face up and everyone looked down to see the Exodia side pointing upwards.

Celestia: Its heads. Now time will speed up until it's at a point where team Applejewels only hand half the points they had before.

Applejewel: 2200
Tidal Maidens: 750

Sunset smiled as the portal began to form, knowing she wasn't done yet. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a single fireball shot out and struck the ground, exploding as Sunset's monster appeared. "Ignite your flames of victory, Solar Flare Phoenix!" (A2500/D2000/L7/P4) "And since she was special summoned, Phoenix's ability doubles our Life Points." The bird flapped its wings and unleashed a wave of fire, which flew around the three and increased their Life Points.

Applejewel: 2200
Tidal Maidens: 1500

"Then I activate the Continuous Spell card, DNA Procedure. Now I can select one monster on my field and every other monster becomes the same type and attribute as it until the End Phase. I'm picking my Solar Flare Phoenix, which means every other card becomes a Fire attributed Winged-Beast monster!" A flaming aura appeared around the rest of the monsters, alongside them gaining some bird-like qualities.

"What's she up too?" Applejack asked as she and Mac continued to search for Action Cards.

"Next I play the Spell card, Meteor Burst!" Now for every Fire monster on my field, I can destroy one face Spell or Trap on your field!" Phoenix, Dragonoid and Twilight Unicorn all shoot a fireball, which destroyed Applejack's Pendulum Monsters and her Thorn Spear. With it gone, their Eternal Mimic Spell was also destroyed. "Then, I activate the spell card Solar Flare. This will increase the attack of one of my Fire attributed monsters by one thousand." Solar Flare's flaming aura increased. (A3500/D2000/L7/P4)


"That's enough to destroy her Brilliant Diamond," Scootaloo realised.

"More than that," Flash told her. "If she's doing what I think she's doing."


"I activate the effect of Dragonoid, to increase the ATK of my Unicorn by four hundred and my other two monsters by two hundred." Dragonoid turned to the three low-level Pendulum Monsters and breathed a burst of pink mist onto them, weakening herself while increase their ATK. (A1800/1900/L7/P5) (A2200/D1300/L4/P7) (A1600/D0/L3/P2) (A1200/18000/L4/P5) "Now, Solar Flare, attack Gem-Unicorn!" The Phoenix burst into flames before charging towards the unicorn.

Celestia: If this attack hits, team Applejewel will only have four hundred Life Points left.

Luna: And with the power-up Twilight Unicorn got, attacking Apple-Buck Pony will wipe them out."

"Not happening," Rarity said as her face down flipped up. "I activate, Trap Refractor! All I have to do is give up three hundred life points, then I can activate the effect of any Trap card in your graveyard."

Applejewel: 1900
Tidal Maidens: 1500

As Solar Flare got closer to Rarity's unicorn, a flash of light caused it to be swapped with Brilliant Diamond. "She used my Shift Trap," Fluttershy realised before Phoenix crashed into the Fusion monster and destroyed it.

Applejewel: 1800
Tidal Maidens: 1500

"Then I activate my other Trap. Tactical Defence. This card activates whenever a monster on my field is destroyed. It then switches any monster with less ATK then it to DEF mode." The rest of her monsters changed modes, protecting the Applejewels from damage.

Sunset frowned, but she wasn't beaten yet. "Kindness Pegasus, destroy Lapis Lazuli!" The pegasus slammed into the Gem-Knight Lady, destroying her. "Timebreaker, destroy her Unicorn!" The wizard rushed forwards and slashed the horned horse, destroying it. "Twilight Unicorn, attack Apple-Buck!" The unicorn fired a magical blast that destroyed the earth pony, leaving their field completely empty. "Now, Kindness Dragonoid, wipe out the last of their Life Points!"

"Afraid not!" Rarity cried as her last face down flipped up, "I play Call of the Haunted!" In a flash of light, Orchard Cowboy appeared infront of her. With the dragon's ATK so low, it couldn't destroy the Xyz Monster.

Sunset frowned, "I place two cards face down and end my turn." Her monster's ATK points all returned to normal.

Celestia: Excellent move. She protected her team from the attack and set the stage for her teammate's next turn.

Luna: How will Applejack use this?

"Ma'h draw!" The farm girl drew her card, smiling when she saw them she'd gotten. "And a'h use Monster Reborn, to bring back Rarity's Brilliant Diamond!" A portal opened up before the Gem-Knight floated out of it, causing the Tidal Maidens to grow scared. "Then a'll activate the Spell card, Rank-Up-Magic...ETERNAL GROWTH!" The ground broke opened before vines shot out of it, wrapping around her Xyz monster as a black hole appeared above their heads. The vines then lifted the cocoon towards it. "With this card, a'h can rebuild the Overlay Network and Rank-Up ma'h Xyz Monster." The cocoon entered the black hole before it began to pulse, as Applejack chanted. "Warrior of justice and nature, unleash ya'h powers on this world and rid it of all that might hurt it!" The black hole exploded, unleashing Applejack's monster. "RANK-UP XYZ EVOLUTION!"

The light faded revealing Applejack's monster. "Orchard Marshall!" (A3000/D1500/R4/P5) "It's lucky for you a'h don't have any plant monsters on the field. But don't think that means ya'h safe, cause a'm using an Overlay Unit to activate his ability!" The Xyz monster's Overlay Unit flew into his shotgun before he pointed it at Kindness Dragonoid, then fired a beam that hit the beast and made it glow. It was then retracted back into the weapon, taking the glow with it.

Celestia: With that, Kindness Dragonoid's ATK is cut in half.

Luna: And those points will now be shared with another Earth monster on the field.

Kindness Dragon fell to its hands and knees, its power lowering. (A1300/D1900/L7/P5) Orchard Marshall that pointed his rifle at Brilliant Diamond and fired, the light hitting the Gem-Knight and powering it up. (A4700/D2000/L10) "ATTACK!" Brilliant Diamond rushed at Kindness Dragonoid, ready to end this Duel.

"I activate my Trap!" Sunset cried as her face down flipped up, "Defence Draw!" As Kindness Dragonoid was destroyed, a force field appeared around Sunset to block the force of the attack as she drew her card. "Nice try."

"Ma'h turn's not done yet," Applejack told her. "Orchard Marshall, end this!" The Xyz monster pointed its rifle at Kindness Pegasus.

Celestia: If this attack hits, the Tidal Maidens are out.

Luna: Will that face down she has save them, or is this really the end?

As Twilight was running through the desert, she looked back at Sunset and saw she wasn't preparing to activate her Trap. That meant this attack wouldn't be stopped by it. Their only hope now was an Action Card.

And as she spotted a waist-high Christ the Redeemer, she spotted it had a card in both hands.

But before she could decide which one to go for, she heard footsteps and saw Rarity was already running towards it. This left her no choice but to run to the closest hand, the two running as fast as they could. And as they got close, they both leapt up to reach their chosen card.

Everyone focused on them, as they both grabbed the card before landing back on the ground.

They both flipped their cards over, both going wide-eyed when they saw what they'd gotten. "Ahhhh!" Rarity cried as she was zapped, losing Life Points.

Applejewel: 1500
Tidal Maidens: 1500

Twilight meanwhile, turned to Sunset. "HERE!" She tossed the card at her teammate, just as Marshall fired his gun.

Sunset caught the card just in time, "I activate Emergency Trap!"

Applejewel: 1500
Tidal Maidens: 750

"With this card, I can now activate the Defence Draw in my graveyard!" Yet another force field appeared around her as Kindness Pegasus was destroyed, protecting her from damage.

Celestia: INCREDIBLE! The Tidal Maidens have stopped the attack and now have a chance to turn this Duel around.

Luna: But will they. It all depends on what Twilight is able to do.

"A'h end ma'h turn." Applejack announced, her monster's ATK points returning to normal. (A3400/D2000/L10)

Twilight sighed as she looked around and saw her teammates watching her. 'Girls. You've put yourselves through so much to help me get here. Even when I doubted myself, you kept pushing on for me. I can't let everything you've done for me go to waste.' She reached for her deck, "I WILL NOT BE STOPPED!" She drew her card and gasped when she saw what it was, then smiled as the portal began to form above her. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a light shot out, becoming Kindness Dragonoid. "Then I activate Pendulum Caster's ability, to change Timebreaker into a Tuner monster." The spellcaster fired a blast transforming the Pendulum monster. "And now I tune my Level three Timebreaker Magician with my Level four Twilight Unicorn!" Timebreaker exploded into a trio of lights, which quickly carved three rings that Unicorn leapt into. "Beings of mystical might, unite your power and let the magic shine for all eternity." In that moment her monsters disappeared in an explosion of light, "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded to reveal Twilight's ace. "Twilight Warlock!" (A2500/D2100/L7/P4) "Then I use his ability!" She drew five cards, smiling before taking one out. "Next, I'll use DNA Procedures ability to turn everyone into a Dark Attributed Spellcaster." The monsters all glowed purple.

"Twilight," Sunset called out, "use my face down."

"Alright," the card flipped up, "It's Phoenix Rising! Since Solar Flare Phoenix is on my field, this Trap lets me revive one monster. So come on out, Twilight Alicorn!" Phoenix's beat its wings, the fire hitting the ground and exploding into a pillar. And from out of that pillar flew Twilight Alicorn, its ATK and DEF cut in half due to the Trap. (A1300/D950/L7)

"Those won't be enough," Applejack told her. But then she saw Twilight smile before holding up her one card.

"Now," she said calmly, "I tribute Twilight Alicorn and Twilight Warlock!" Her two monsters shot into the air, Twilight Warlock then transforming into a stream of light which spread around Alicorn and encased it in a cocoon-like form. "By tributing her and a Synchro Spellcaster Monster, Twilight Alicorn's true power is revealed!"

The cocoon broke open, revealing the monster that had helped Twilight claim victory during the Crystal Tower incident a year ago. "Arise, Perfect Harmony Alicorn!" (A3500/D3000/L10)

Everyone awed at the monster, as it, Solar Flare and Dragonoid stared down Brilliant Diamond and Orchard Marshall. "Perfect Harmony's ATK points now increase by half that of Twilight Warlock's. (A4750/D3000/L10) "Now, I attack your Orchard Marshall. And when Perfect Harmony attacks, she gains one thousand ATK points for every Spellcaster on the field. And thanks to DNA Procedure, guess what Solar Flare and Dragonoid are." The two monsters began to glow, the light flying up into Perfect Harmony Alicorn and bathing her in its power (A6750/D3000/L10)

Applejack, Rarity and Mac looked around, but couldn't spot any Action Cards on the monuments around them. So, as the alicorn began to charge up the attack, the three came together. They knew this was it and they would take this next attack head onto, together.

Perfect Harmony Alicorn unleashed its attack, firing a rainbow coloured blast which struck Orchard Marshall vaporised him before flying towards the three. "Not bad sugarcube."

"Good luck in the final darlings. You'll need it."

"Eeyup." With that, the attack struck and blasted the three of their feet as they cried out.

Applejewel: 0
Tidal Maidens: 750 (Winners)

Celestia: THEY'VE DONE IT! The Tidal Maidens have claimed victory and the final spot in the final round.

Luna: They'll be joining team Dominators, Wonderbolts and V-Fighters for the chance to earn the title of champions.

The crowd exploded with applause. Up in the VIP box, the Tidal Maidens fans were cheering while the Applejewel's fans clapped. Applebloom and Sweetie frowned at their sibling's defeats but knew they gave the Duel their all and had nothing to be ashamed of.

"Amigos!" Tidal was balling his eyes out, "you've made me so proud. It was tough, but you made it." The others all smiled at him as they continued to applaud.


As the Duel Field disappeared, Twilight's team rushed over to where the Applejewel's had fallen.

"Are you okay?" Twilight asked as she helped Applejack up.

"We're fine," she replied.

"Indeed," Rarity agreed as Sunset helped her up. She then brushed off her skirt, "a little frazzled but we'll clean up easily."

"You sure?" Fluttershy asked.

"Eeyup," Mac replied.

Sunset smiled at them, "you guys did a great. You sure made us work for that win."

Applejack nodded, "we gave it our all and that's what counts. Now we can sit back and watch you trounce the rest of the competition." She held out a hand and Twilight took it, Sunset and Rarity doing the same while Fluttershy and Mac completed the trio. They shook hands as the crowd began to cheer.

Up in another VIP box, team Dominator had been watching the Duel and all were frowning.

Tempest hummed, "maybe we'll get to see if one of them is the one we've been searching for.

Heath laughed, "don't be ridiculous. We already beat those losers once."

"But maybe that loss inspired them to grow stronger," Starlight countered.

Tempest nodded. "We'll just have to wait and see. We might not even face off against them in the finals."


Later.

With the playoff match over, the four finalist teams soon found themselves on the main stage.

There, Celestia and Luna stepped up to them holding a white box with a hole. "Alright," Celestia told them, "time to decide whose facing who."

The team captains stepped up as Luna held out the box, "please select one of the four slips of paper inside." They did so, reaching in and all grasping a piece before pulling it out. One by one, they saw the numbers on them.

Flash had drawn the number four, Rainbow the number two. Twilight the number three and Tempest number one. Celestia nodded before turning to the crowd.

Celestia: And so, our final matchups have been chosen.

Luna: The first match shall be between team Dominator and Team Wonderbolts.

The two teams turned to look at one another, knowing they'd be giving these matches their all. Rainbow frowned at Tempest, remembering their last Duel. No matter what, she was gonna make sure she was the one facing off against her so she could settle the score.

Celestia: And the second match shall be between team V-Fighters and team Tidal Maidens.

The two teams looked at one another, smiling as they knew their next Duels would be ones they could enjoy. Flash and Twilight both locked eyes. It was very likely they'd end up facing off, and both were looking forward to it.

The final match of the Double X was drawing closer, but which two teams would be the ones to face off in it. Only time would be able to tell.

Author's Note:

Props to anyone who figures out where I got the idea for the Action Field.

Anyway, now that the playoffs are over with, we can finally begin to focus on the finals. Who do you think will face who and who do you think will win?

PreviousChapters Next