• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 3,604 Views, 681 Comments

Yugioh EQG: XX - Banshee531



A year has past since our heroes battle against Sombra. Now, a new threat appears in the form of a tournament. Will our heroes be able to overcome this evil, or is the peace they worked so hard to achieve gone forever?

  • ...
5
 681
 3,604

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 23: Tricks and Trials

The Double X's third day was quickly drawing to a close. As more and more time ticked away, more and more teams manged to make it through to the next round.

Celestia: Team Muffins have just made it through to the second round. That means there are only three slots remaining.

Over in the Extra Deck, Pinkie and Maud were staring up at the screen as Celestia announced this. "Awe man," Pinkie said before quickly stuffing her face. "Why are we wasting time here, when we could be out Duelling?"

Maud simply finished off her own burger, only not as monstrously, before turning to Pinkie. "We need to eat. If we don't, we won't have the energy to Duel."

Pinkie sighed, "you're right." She then spotted her other sister walking into the cafe. "There you are. You were starting to get us worried. Did you get lost again?"

Marble tried to hide behind her hair, using her hand to move it in front of her while revealing a black finger-less glove. She then said softly, "no. I...I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Maud told her. "As long as you're here." She held out a burger, "here."

Marble took the sandwich and gave her sister her thanks, then began to eat the burger. As she did, she frowned into the sandwich. She couldn't believe she had to pretend to be this wimpy girl. The sooner the first round was over, the better.


Over in the Arctic Field, Twilight was rushing through the snow and ice. She, and many other Duellists, had been avoiding this field because the ice would make it hard to move and get Action Cards. But with the only Duellists in the field she had just left being ones she'd already faced, she didn't have much choice.

She looked down at her Raduel and saw there was only thirty minutes left. Enough time for one Duel. Now she just had to find an opponent.

But that search was put on hold when she stepped onto an icy patch, only for it to crack. "Oh no," she said before the ground shattered and she fell beneath it. She let out a scream as she fell into the darkness.


Over in the Meadow Field, Fluttershy was walking around until her Raduel went off.

Pulling her sleeve up, she saw it was an opponent alert. "Err," an annoyed voice said from behind her, "you're my opponent." She spun around and saw Aria Blaze walking down a hill towards her. "So lame."

Fluttershy began to panic. She didn't want to Duel an opponent like her. But she didn't have a choice. 'Up until now, it's always been me holding the team back.' A serious look appeared on her face as she activated her Duel Disk. "No, I won't lose. I'll...I'll win."

"Whatever," Aria said as she activated her Duel Disk.

"DUEL!"


A beeping sound brought Twilight out of her daze, as she picked herself up with a moan.

She looked around and saw she was in some kind of ice cave, filled with icicles and ice staircases. She then looked down at her Raduel and saw Fluttershy was Duelling Aria. "Good luck." In that moment, the Raduel beeped to single her next opponent.

Seconds later, a loud scream made her turn to a hole in the wall opposite her. Seconds later, someone slide out of it and hit the ground, moaning as they slide to a stop on the ice. "Owie," she let out while picking herself up and rubbing her but.

Twilight gasped when she saw who it was. "Trixie?"

The girl turned to the voice and, seeing Twilight, smiled. "Finally," she said, "Trixie has been looking for you." She activated her Duel Disk, "do you accept her challenge?"

Twilight smiled and activated her Duel Disk. "I would even if I didn't have to."

Luna: Twilight Sparkle verses Trixie Lulamoon. An interesting match to be sure. If Ms Lulamoon doesn't win this, her entire team will be disqualified."

"Wait," Twilight said, "your teammates are in the Graveyard." She saw a tick mark appear on Trixie's head.

"That doesn't matter right now," she replied as she drew her cards. "Prepare to be utterly trounced by the great and powerful...TRIXIE!"

"DUEL!"

Trixie: 4000
Twilight: 4000


In the stands, Tidal was watching both Fluttershy and Twilight's Duels. "You can do it girls!" He cheered them on. "Believe in the Tidal that believes in you. Win, win, win!"


"Trixie, shall take the first move!" The girl drew her card, "and she'll start by setting scale two Performage Water Dancer and scale seven Performage Lion Rider into the Pendulum Scale!" The pillars of light appeared besides her as her monsters flew up into them. The first was a masked clown, carrying a pair of batons, while the other was a lion tamer sitting on the back of a flame maned lion. "Slice through space time and carve the arc of victory!" The portal formed above her head. "The great and powerful Trixie...PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights shot out and hit the ground, taking shape and fading to reveal her monsters.

"Performage Tightrope Wheeler!" (A1800/D1300/L4)

The second was a flaming ice-cream cone. "And Performage Plushfire!" (A1000/D1000/L4/P5) "Trixie places two cards face down and ends her turn."

"Then I'll go!" Twilight drew her card. Seeing what she got, she nodded and began. "And now I'll set the Pendulum Scale, with scale two Pendulum Caster and scale eight Magi-Beast Dracoteen!" The pillars of light appeared besides her before her monsters flew up into them. Once there, the portal began to form. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out, hitting the ground and exploding to reveal her monster. "Timebreaker Magician!" (A1400/D0/L3/P2) "And when Timebreaker is summoned on his own from the hand, his ATK points are doubled. (A2800/D0/L3/P2) "Now I summoned Flame Burst Magician!" A blast of fire revealed her monster. (A1300/D600/L3) "And when he's Normal Summed, he deals you eight hundred points of damage. The Magician pointed its staff at Trixie and fired a fireball, which struck her in the chest and made her slide back on the ice.

Trixie: 3200
Twilight: 4000

Trixie finally managed to stop, taking a few seconds to regain her balance. She then smirked as she righted herself, "as brutal as ever I see."

Twilight smiled back. "You haven't seen anything. My Timebreaker will now attack your Tightrope Wheeler!" The magician flew forwards, his clock hand sword ready.

"Trixie will play her Trap," Trixie announced as her face down flipped up. "Damage Trap. This card cuts the damage Trixie takes this turn if half, but will deal it to her one her next Standby Phase." Timebreaker slashed Tightrope Wheeler, Trixie's Trap capturing half the damage.

Trixie: 2700
Twilight: 4000

"Well I've still got Flame Burst Magician!" The wizard unleashed a fireball, which hit Plushfire and destroyed it.

Trixie: 2550
Twilight: 4000

"You activated Plushfire's effect," Trixie's deck shuffled before slotting out a card that she took. "Then Trixie will activate her Trap Converter!" Her other face down flipped up to reveal a Spell. "Now she can destroy one Trap on her field, then draw three cards." Her Damage Trap exploded as she drew her cards.

Twilight had to admit she was impressed. Trixie had saved herself some damage and got rid of the card before it could hurt her, even getting some extra cards out of it. "I end my turn."


Back in the meadow field, Fluttershy and Aria's Duel continued. Fluttershy currently had Grand Grizzly, Winged Kuriboh and a face down while Aria's field was empty except for the Nera and Vesper in her Pendulum Zones.

"It'a my turn," Aria drew her card as the portal formed above her. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

It opened before five lights shot out and hit the ground, taking form.

"Ocean's Idol Allegra!" (A1000/D1000/L3/P8)

"Ocean's Idol Rhapsody!" (A2300/D1900/L6/P2)

"Ocean's Idol Medley!" (A2000/D2000/L5/P1)

"Ocean's Idol Cabaletta!" (A2000/D100/L4/P2)

The last monster was a mermaid with a purple tail and dark purple hair with teal streaks, wearing a teal dress with a headset microphone. "And Ocean's Idol Arietta!" (A2400/D2100/L7) "Now I activate the effect of Arietta." All the mermaids except Arietta and Cabaletta transformed into lights before flying towards Aria, the girl catching them as they returned to being cards. "Since I returned three cards to my hand, I can now send three cards on your field to the bottom of your deck."

Fluttershy gasped as Arietta began to sing, the soundwaves hitting her cards and sending them flying before they transformed into lights that hit her Duel Disk. Grand Grizzly, Winged Kuriboh and Transcendent Wings were placed at the bottom of her deck, leaving her defenceless.

"Now Arietta will attack you directly!" The mermaid swam through the air towards Fluttershy, but the girl was prepared.

"I'll discard Kuriboh from my hand, in order to negate the damage from your attack." The fur-ball appeared between her and Arietta, the mermaid unleashing a sonic blast that Kuriboh blocked before exploding.

Aria frowned. "Fine, then I'll have Cabaletta attack you directly." The other mermaid did the same and unleashed a sonic blast, that hit Fluttershy and sent her flying backwards.

Aria: 3200
Fluttershy: 1700

"I end my turn with a face down." She looked over at the downed Fluttershy, "you giving up?"

As Fluttershy picked herself up, she panted while looking up at Aria. "No." She couldn't give up. She'd promised Twilight she'd help her win the Double X. "I won't let her down." She drew her card.


"Trixie draws!" She did so as the portal formed above her, "AND SHE PENDULUM SUMMONS!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights shot out, revealing her monsters. "Performage Plushfire!" (A1000/D1000/L4/P5) The other was a knight, whose armour was painted like a clown, juggling four swords. "And Performage Juggler Knight!" (A1500/D1200/L4/P2)

Twilight didn't like this. If she knew Trixie, she knew what was coming next.

"And now," Trixie said as she activated her card. "The Great and Powerful Trixie will activate the Spell card, Ritual of the Grand Amulet." A weird looking necklace appeared on the field with a gem in its centre. Trixie's Performages went stiff, as they began to glow before their souls were pulled out of their bodies, and sucked into the gem. Seconds later the gem began to give off a strange mist, which slowly began to take shape. "Now watch, as Trixie's most powerful monster will now be unleashed." The mist finished taking form and began to fade, revealing Trixie's new monster. "The Great and Powerful Trixie RITUAL SUMMONS!"

The mist finally faded, reveal Trixie's monster. "Enchantress of the Grand Amulet." (A2900/D1000/L8) "And since I have a Spellcaster in the graveyard, her power goes up. (A3000/D1000/L8) "Trixie will then equip her with the Staff of Relentless Rage." A black staff appeared in her hand. "Now, attack!" The amulet glowed, as the witch placed her hands on it before pulling them away as they now glowed to.

Twilight looked around and spotted an Action card a ways off. She slide over at it and grabbed it, only to see it was a Trap.

Celestia: Ouch, Frostbite.

Luna: That card will force her to send the top card of her deck to the graveyard.

Twilight frowned as she did so, while Enchantress placed her hands together before firing a beam of energy at Flame Burst Magician. The blast struck, destroying Twilight's monster and pushing her back on the ice until she crashed into a wall.

Trixie: 2550
Twilight: 2300

"And since she destroyed a monster, the Staff of Relentless rage's effect activates and lets her destroy one monster one the field whose ATK is lower then hers, then deal its owner damage based on its Level times one hundred." She pointed the staff at Timebreaker and fired a black laser, destroying him and dealing Twilight damage.

Trixie: 2550
Twilight: 2000

"Plus, with another Spellcaster in the grave, Enchantress's ATK goes up." (A3100/D1000/L8) "Trixie will place one card face down and end her turn.

Celestia: Truly an impressive move. She completely wiped out Twilight's field and dealt her major damage.

Luna: Will Twilight be able to recover?

"You bet I will!" Twilight drew her card and instantly used it, "I play Magical Mallet. Now I can return the card in my hand to the deck, then shuffled and redraw!" She did so, as the portal formed above her. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of cards shot out and struck the ground, fading to reveal her monsters. "Timebreaker Magician!" (A1400/D0/L3/P2) "And Magician's Valkyria!" (A1600/D1800/L4) "Then I'll activate the Pendulum Ability of my Pendulum Caster." The Pendulum Monster pointed his staff at Timebreaker Magician, then fired a rainbow beam out and struck him. "This allows me to turn a Level three or below monster into a Tuner for this turn, which will now allow me to tune him with Magician's Valkyria!"

Trixie watched as Twilight's Tuner leapt into the air before transforming into three spheres of lights, which carved three circles that her other monster flew into. "Beings of mystical might, unite you power and let the magic shine for all eternity." In that moment, her monsters disappeared in an explosion of light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded to reveal Twilight's ace. "Twilight Warlock!" (A2500/D2100/L7/P4)

Trixie smiled. "Twilight Warlock. It's funny," she pointed at the Synchro Monster. "The only reason the two of us ever met, was because Trixie wanted to get her hand on that card."

Twilight smiled back, "you're right." Now that she thought of it, Trixie had been the first real challenge she had undertaken as a Duellist. "If I hadn't Duelled you that day, I might not have had the confidence in myself to try to enter the Celestic Cup. And if I hadn't entered that, I never would have faced the trails that made me who I am today. So thank you Trixie."

Trixie scoffed. "Thank me after you lose. And with another Spellcaster in the graveyard, Enchantress's power goes up even more." (A3200/D1000/L8)

"That's not gonna stop me," Twilight told her. "Because I'm activating my Warlock's ability!" She drew five cards, looked at them, then placed one in the hand before shuffling the rest back into her Deck. "Now I'll play the Spell card, Spellbook of Secrets! With this, I can add one Spellbook card from my deck to my hand." Her deck shuffled before slotting out a card, which she took before activating. "Now I equip Warlock with the Magic Tome of Starswirl!" The book appeared in Twilight's monster's hand. "This tome grants him one hundred ATK points for every Spellbook in my graveyard." Twilight actually thanked that Action Trap, which had made her send a Spellbook to the graveyard. (A2700/D2100/L7/P4)

"That's not enough to destroy Trixie's monster."

"It will be after I send Spellbook of Power from my deck to the grave, which activate's its effect and powers him up even more. (A3800/D2100/L7/P4) "ATTACK!" The tome unleashed a glow, which spiralled around Warlock's staff before he pointed it at Enchantress of the Grand Amulet.

Trixie watched as a magical blast was shot out of the staff and struck her Ritual Monster.

Trixie: 1950
Twilight: 2000

Despite the lose of her monster, Trixie smiled. "You've activated Trixie's Trap!" Her face down flipped up, "Ritual of Control! Since a Ritual Monster was destroyed by battle, Trixie can pay half her Life Points and seize control of the monster that destroyed it."

"What?" Twilight asked.

Trixie: 975
Twilight: 2000

Silver chains shot out of the Trap and wrapped around Warlock, slowly pulling him towards it until the Synchro Monster was on Trixie's side of the field.

Luna: My word! Ms Lulamoon has turned what looked like a bad situation into a favourable one. Now Ms Sparkle has nothing to protect herself with.

Celestia: It's not all bad sister. The monster under Trixie's control will be unable to attack. Besides, she's been in this situation before.

Celestia was right. Twilight just had to hold out long enough to destroy that Trap, which should give her her monster back. "Spellbook of Power's effect is still in effect, so I can now add one Spellbook from my deck to my hand." She did so, "I place two cards face down and end my turn." Twilight Warlock's power returned to normal. (A2800/D2100/L7/P4)

"It's Trixie's turn!" The girl drew her card and smiled as the portal formed above her head. "TRIXIE PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of lights flew out and hit the ground, taking form and fading to reveal her monsters. "Performage Plushfire!" (A1000/D1000/L4/P5)

"And Performage Juggler Knight!" (A1500/D1200/L4/P2)

Celestia: She has enough monster to wipe Twilight out.

Luna: This could be the end.

"Not yet it's not!" Twilight cried as she activated her face down, "Spellbook of Illusion! This card let's me summon four Spellbook Tokens to my field in DEF mode." A flash of light singled the arrival of the four books, that now shielded her from attack. (A0/D0/L1)X4

"That's fine," Trixie said. "Trixie wasn't going to attack you with them anyway." Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, only to gasp when Trixie placed another card into her Duel Disk. "You see, Trixie was fibbing when she said that her Enchantress was her most powerful card. But now, Trixie will summon her real power house. Behold, the Ritual of Lost Souls!"

Twilight gasped, "another Ritual Spell!" She watched, as a magic circle with runes and ten star within it appeared behind Trixie.

"This particular Ritual Spell, forces Trixie to banish the monsters she's sacrificing. So now I tribute Performage Plushfire, along with your Twilight Warlock!" Twilight's eyes went side as she watched the spirits of her monster and Trixie's be extracted from their bodies before being sucked into the circle, causing the ten star to glow silver. "And now, Trixie's most powerful monster is born!" The circle exploded, unleashing a burst of dark light to fill the cave. "I RITUAL SUMMON!

The light faded, revealing Trixie monster. I was a figure wearing grey clothes under a silver hooded coat under silver chest and thy armour. He was wearing a helmet with a silver visor, with the coat's hood up over it. He was carrying a silver metal staff, with a star on the head and a blade on the bottom "Lost Souls Magician!" (A?/D?/L10)

Twilight began to sweat, not wanting to know what kind of power that thing had.

"Lost Souls Magician's original ATK becomes the combined total of the monsters used to summon it." The spirits of Plushfire and Warlock appeared being being sucked into the Ritual Monster's armour, causing it to glow. (A3500/D3100/L10)


Up in her box, Starlight was watching the Duel in intrigue. Something about the girl Twilight was Duelling, made her feel something. Could it be that she was-

"You okay?" She turned to Heath. "You seem strangely focused on such an unimportant Duel."

"It's nothing," Starlight said while looking back at the Duel. Then, she turned away and began to make her way to the door. "I'm heading out. Need to do something." She left, leaving Heath confused.

Eventually, he shrugged before going back to his music.


"Now," Trixie discarded a card, "since Trixie ditched a Trap card to the grave, all Trap card effects are negated.

Twilight looked down at her face down, as Lost Souls raised its staff and unleashed a bright light that flew across the field. Her Spellbinding Circle was useless now.

"Lost Souls Magician, destroy those wastes of paper!" The Ritual Monster shoot forwards and used the blade of its staff to slice her monster in half. "Plus, when Lost Souls destroys a monster, he can lower his ATK points and attack another monster on your field." The magician glowed as its power went down. (A3000/D3100/L10)

Twilight went wide eyed before turning to rush around the cave, looking for an Action Card. As she did, Lost Souls destroyed another token before lowering its ATK again. (A2500/D3100/L10)

Twilight spotted a icicle with an Action Card on it, quickly skating towards it and jumping up while Lost Soul struck another token before lowering its ATK. (A2000/D3100/L10)

Twilight grabbed the card and pulled it free, landing on the ground and almost falling on her butt as Lost Souls cut her last monster in half. "Now you're wide open for an attack by Juggler Knight!" The knight stopped juggling his swords and tossed one at Twilight. "And when a Performage attacks an opponent directly, Lion Rider's ability increases its ATK points by five hundred. (A2000/D1200/L4/P2)

Celestia: If this attack hits, it's all over for Twilight.

But Twilight wasn't worried. "I activate the Action Spell, Ice Guard! Since you're attacking me directly, I can summon a monster that's the same Level as your Juggler Knight!" A large ice spike shot out of the ground before shattering to reveal Twilight Unicorn. (A1800/D1300/L4/P7) The sword struck the unicorn, destroying her.

Trixie: 975
Twilight: 1800

Trixie frowned. "That was suppose to be Trixie's big finish. Stupid Action Card."

Twilight smiled. "You gotta use whatever you can if you wanna win these types of Duels."

The girl huffed, "Trixie ends her turn by equipping Juggler Knight with the Magic Guardian Circle." A magic circle appeared on the monster's chest. "Since he's equipped with this card, you can't attack him while there's another monster on Trixie's field. Which means-"

"I have to attack Lost Souls Magician," Twilight realised.

"Exactly," Trixie replied while her turn ended. Lost Souls Magician and Juggler Knight's ATK points returned to normal. (A1500/D1200/L4/P2) (A3500/D3100/L10)

Twilight panted, that last move having taken a lot out of her. But if she hadn't pulled that Action Card, she would have lost. She sighed, hoping her teammates were having better luck.


"Blaze-Incarnate, ATTACK!" The armoured phoenix ignited its body before flying towards Sunset's opponent's monster, destroying it and wiping out the last of their Life Points.

"Awe man," the teen said. "You're just too strong for me."

Sunset sighed in relief before looking down at her Raduel. "Twilight and Fluttershy's Duels are still going on," she realised. "Come on girls, we're almost out of time."


In the Meadow Field, Fluttershy and Aria's Duel was coming to an end. Fluttershy's field was empty, though she had Silk Spider and Breezy Fairy in the Pendulum Zone, while Aria had Arietta and Vespers on her field along with the Trap Gravity Bind.

If Fluttershy couldn't defeat Aria this turn, she wouldn't be able to survive to her next one. "This is bad," she said. She had to win, for her friends. She remembered all the training matches she'd gone through with them. This was where it would all pay off. "Here goes," she drew her card and gasped when she saw what she'd gotten.

"Stop dawdling already," Aria told her. "Make your move!"

"Fine," Fluttershy said as the portal appeared above her. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!" A light shot out and took the form of her ace. "Kindness Dragonoid!" (A2600/D1900/L7/P5) "Then I summon Synkuriboh!" A Kuriboh with silver fur appeared besides the dragon. (A300/D200/L1)

"A tuner monster!" Aria realised.

"And now!" Fluttershy cried as Synkuriboh transformed into a ball of light, which carved a ring of light. "I tune Level one Synkuriboh with Level Seven Kindness Dragonoid!" The dragon flew into the ring. "Through love and kindness, true strength is born to protect those precious to us!" The monsters were engulfed by the light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded, revealing Fluttershy's new monster. It was a humanoid dragon with yellow scales covered in pink armour. It had pink spikes running down its back that had blue or green tips, while the tips of its wings and tail were pink with heart shapes on the wings. "Sacred Guardian Deity Kindness Dragonia!" (A3000/D2500/L8)

Aria smiled as the dragon landed behind Fluttershy. "Nice monster, but it still can't attack. Not with my Gravity Bind in play."

"That's fine," Fluttershy said. "She's doesn't need to attack." Her monster spread her wings, "in fact, she's not gonna be sticking around!" The dragon leapt into the air. "By sacrificing herself, Dragonia lets me summon as many Level one monsters from my grave to the field as possible." Aria's eyes went wide, as she looked up to see Dragonia disappear in a burst of light.

From that light came five familiar monsters. Kuriboh, Winged Kuriboh, a pair of Kuribon and Synkuriboh. The five monsters appeared before her, ready to do battle. (A300/D200/L1)X5.

"So what?" Aria asked. "Those puffballs can't beat my monsters."

"I know that," Fluttershy said with slight worry. "But...they don't need to. The ATK of any monster summoned by Kindness Dragonia is doubled until the End Phase." (A600/D200/L1)X5. "And, these monsters can bypass your defence to attack you directly."

"What!?" Aria screamed as the fur-balls flew at her, flying passed her monsters before Kuriboh slashed her with its claws.

Aria: 1900
Fluttershy: 800

Winged Kuriboh then reached the girl and slapped her with her wing.

Aria: 1300
Fluttershy: 800

The two Kuribon twins were next, the first one hitting her with its tail.

Aria: 700
Fluttershy: 800

Followed by the second.

Aria: 100
Fluttershy: 800

Finally, Synkuriboh used its claws and slashed her.

Aria: 0
Fluttershy: 800 (Winner)

"I DID IT!" Fluttershy cheered, actually showing real excitement while jumping up and down. She'd done it. She'd gone up against a highly skilled Duellist and won.

Celestia: What a brilliant come back for Fluttershy. With that win, she earns a significant amount of points for her team.

Luna: Now, if Twilight Sparkle is able to win her match, her team will have enough points to move onto the next round. Because of this, coupled with Trixie's teammates being in the Graveyard, this Duel is now classified as a fateful match.


Twilight's Raduel went off. Looking down she saw the screen show that if she won, her team's point total would be fifty two.

"If I win, I go through to the second round." Her face became one of seriousness. "That's it, I'm not losing."

Trixie laughed, "what can you do?"

"Let's find out!" Twilight began to run as she drew her card. It was Spellbook of Disenchantment, not a card she could use. "Sunset and Fluttershy have put to much effort into this," she spotted another Action Card on an icicle. "I won't let them down!" With that, she leapt up and plucked the card off the icicle. Seeing it was a Spell card, and seeing its effect, she smiled before activating it. "Go, Frozen Voyage!"

"What's that do?" Trixie asked.

"What it does, is let me banish the Flame Burst Magician in my graveyard to summon two monsters with Levels equal to his." The monster reappeared on the field before being encased in ice, which then shattered as two new monsters appeared on the field. "I summon Spirits Chanter and Royal Charmer!" (A500/D300/L2) (A100/D100/L1)

Trixie didn't like where this was going. She liked it even less when the portal opened up above Twilight head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

A pair of lights shot out, reveal Twilight Unicorn and Timebreaker Magician. "And now I'll use Pendulum Caster's ability, to make Timebreaker a Tuner monster." The magician did so, firing the rainbow of light at Timebreaker before he leapt into the air and transformed into the three lights. "Now I tune my level three Timebreaker Magician with my level four Twilight Unicorn!" The wizard once again transformed into three spheres of lights, which carved three circles that Twilight Unicorn leapt into. "It's time to embrace the power given by those we call friends and ascend to a higher plain of life." Instead of disappearing in a flash, the light infused into Twilight Unicorn as two new appendages appeared on its back. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded from the monsters body, revealing Twilight monster. "Twilight Alicorn!" (A2600/D1900/L7)

"That's still not enough to save you," Trixie told her. Even if she used Twilight Alicorn's ability, then attacked with her remaining monsters, Trixie would still have enough life points. It was only then she remembered, Royal Charmer was a Tuner monster.

"HERE WE GO!" Twilight yelled, "I tune Royal Charmer with Twilight Alicorn and Spirit Chanter!" Her Tuner's staff gave off a brilliant light which almost blinded Trixie. The light began to take shape, forming a twenty foot transparent version of Royal Charmer who held his hands together as Twilight Alicorn and Spirit Chanter jumped between them into a ball of light. "Knowledge, the greatest of all weapons, grant me the wisdom to lead us into a perfect future!" Twilight chanted as the two monsters became transparent before disappearing in an explosion of light that once again blinded everyone. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

From the light came a new monster. It looked like Twilight Alicorn only it was taller and wore a silver crown, necklace and hoof shoes. Its mane and tail were longer and were filled with stars and galaxy patterns, while its flank and the tips of its wings were dark blue. "Alicorn Princess...TWILIGHT ASCENSION!" (A3300/D3000/L10)

Trixie stared in awe at the monster, as it landed in front of Twilight. "This could be bad."

"Twilight's Ascension's summoning skill," Twilight drew five cards. "Look at the top five cards of the deck and send any Spellbooks to the graveyard." She discarded three cards. "Now I'll use her other ability, to select two Spellbooks my graveyard." Two of them slotted out of her Duel Disk, "add one to the hand and banish the other." She did so before activating the effect twice more, banishing two cards before placing the other two in her pocket.

Celestia: Excellent move. Now Twilight has regained the cards needed to turn this Duel around.

"I'll start by activating the Spellbook of Rebirth, to revive my Magician's Valkyria!" In a flash of light, her magician appeared besides Alicorn Princess. "Then I'll use Spellbook of Power, to increase her ATK by one thousand!" (A2600/D1800/L4) "Finally, I'll equip Alicorn with Starswirl's Magic Tome!" The book floated in front of the Synchro Monster. (A3700/D3000/L10

"Not good," Trixie said before rushing off to find an Action Card.

"Twilight Ascension, attack!" The Alicorn's horn glowed before firing a magic burst towards Lost Souls Magician.

Trixie spotted an Action Card on an icicle and tried to get it, only to slip on the ice. "Wow!" She cried as she fell on her butt and slide away from the icicle. This allowed Alicorn Princess's attack to hit her monster, destroying it.

Trixie: 775
Twilight: 1800

"Now, Magician's Valkyria, attack!" The female spellcaster flew forward, ready to use her staff to destroy Juggler Knight.

Trixie had managed to get back onto her feet and leapt up, managing to snag the Action Card off the icicle. "Yes. Trixie plays the Action Spell, Evasion!" Juggler Knight managed to dodge Valkyria's attack, saving it and Trixie from defeat. "Sorry, but it looks like you won't be winning yet." But in that moment, she spotted Twilight smiling.

"I had this Duel won the moment Alicorn Princess was summoned."

"How?"

"Because, during my end phase, I can destroy one monster on my opponent's field with ATK points equal to or lower then the number of banished Spellbooks times five hundred." Trixie gasped, doing the maths in her head. "I have three Spellbooks removed from play, so that's fifteen hundred points. The same number of points your Juggler Knight has." The Alicorn's horn sparked before unleashing a blast of light out at the Performage, destroying it before heading towards Trixie. "Also, you take damage equal to your monsters Level times three hundred.

"NOOOO!" Trixie screamed as the blast struck her, sending her flying backwards as her life points disappeared.

Trixie: 0
Twilight: 1800 (Winner)


Celestia: SHE DID IT! The winner of the match is Twilight Sparkle.

Luna: Team Tidal Maidens have made their way through to the second round.

"YAY!" Tidal cheered as he jumped up and down in the seats, "wait to go me amigo!" He started running down towards the field, climbing over people in his excitement.


Twilight panted as the holograms faded, then looked over at Trixie as she picked herself up.

"Hey," she said to the girls, "thanks for the great match."

Trixie just stared at her, obviously not happy about this outcome. Eventually, she sighed before pointing at Twilight. "You'd better win this whole thing, you hear me. The only Duellist allowed to knock Trixie out of the tournament is the eventual winner. So don't go wimping out on me."

Twilight smiled, "sure. I wasn't planning on losing anyway." Trixie just smiled at this before she was pulled into the graveyard. Once she was gone, she sighed in relief.

"Twilight!" The turned to see Tidal and her team rushing towards her. Before she could say anything, Fluttershy reached her and pulled her into a hug. "You did it."

"Yeah," Twilight replied, "so did you." She then turned to Sunset, "great work out there."

Sunset smiled. "Thanks. But we can't get complacent. This tournament's only gonna get harder." Tidal took this moment to grab her and pull her into a hug with the others girls.

"But you three can do it. I believe it you." The girls all smiled at this before heading over to the field exit.


Down below, Trixie and her teammates were also heading out the stadium. With all three of them being sent to graveyard, they were now disqualified.

"We're sorry Trixie," Lavender told her.

"We really let you down," Fuchsia agreed.

"It's fine girls," Trixie told them without looking back. "We may have lost this time, but Trixie and the Illusions don't give up that easily. We'll just train harder and then enter the tournament next year. There, we shall prove victorious and everyone will know why Trixie is known as the great and powerful!" The girls nodded in agreement, not going to let their leader be shamed like that again.

But as they reached the end of the hallway, they spotted someone leaning against the wall. That someone was Starlight, of Team Dominator.

"Can we help you?" Trixie asked.

The girl pushed off the wall and stepped over to her. "No, but I can help you. Trixie, I'd like to talk to you in private about a very special opportunity. One that could make your every wish and dream come true."

Trixie raised an eyebrow at this. "Go on."

Author's Note:

For those of you wondering, yes Twilight's new monster is based on the fan idea of an older Twilight that's basically a fusion of her and Celestia. The image I used when designing her is this

Fluttershy's monster is based on a combination of Fluttershy's Rainbow Powered form and Soul Saver Dragon

PreviousChapters Next