• Published 14th Nov 2018
  • 3,597 Views, 681 Comments

Yugioh EQG: XX - Banshee531



A year has past since our heroes battle against Sombra. Now, a new threat appears in the form of a tournament. Will our heroes be able to overcome this evil, or is the peace they worked so hard to achieve gone forever?

  • ...
5
 681
 3,597

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 16: A Rocky Second Day

The second day of the Double X Tournament had arrived.

Currently, there were only fifteen places left in the next round. The first spot having been taken by Team Dominators, the rest of the teams were now anxious to get as many points as they could today.

Out on the Duel Field, the Duellists that hadn't been sent to the Graveyard were standing together in their teams waiting for it to start. Over by the Wonderbolts, Rainbow turned to Gilda. "Listen, about yesterday, thanks for that." She was referring to how Gilda managed to win her last match a few minutes after Rainbow was defeated by Tempest.

Gilda just rolled her eyes while crossing her arm. "Yeah, whatever. You owe me big time loser."

Rainbow nodded while frowning, still trying to figure out what had happened during her battle against Tempest. There was only one thing she knew for sure, and that was that Tempest's skill far outweighed her own.

Over in another area of the Duel Field, Twilight was standing with her teammates. Like Rainbow, she had been saved from the Graveyard by her teammate's victories. "Sorry I lost," she told them. "But I promise I'll make up for it today."

"Don't worry," Fluttershy told her. "There's no shame in losing every now and again."

Sunset nodded in agreement. "And if you learned something from that defeat, it isn't truly a loss."

Twilight smiled back, trying to suppress the frown that was fighting to appear on her lips. The cause of that frown, was something Tempest had told her yesterday.

Flashback

Twilight and Tempest were in the last few rounds of their Duel, Twilight having her Warlock and a pair of Dominated monsters on the field while Tempest has Scarvolt out. Twilight had also Equipped Warlock with her Tome of Starswirl. "She's good," Twilight panted to herself. She looked at Tempest and saw she was just stared at her, as if studying her. "Problem?"

Tempest just looked up at the book in her monster's hands, "that card. Where did you get it?"

Twilight raised an eyebrow at this, "a friend gave it to me. Why?"

"That friend, she wouldn't happen to have been called...Moondancer?" This made Twilight's eyes go wide, as gasp escaping her mouth. "By your reaction, I assume my guess was correct." She drew her card, "I wonder what it was that my former teammate saw in you?"

"Teammate?" Before Twilight could ask anything else, she was surrounded by light and when it faded she found herself floating in space. "What is this?"

Flashforwards

To think Moondancer had been teammates with her. Twilight was beginning to think there was more to her lost friend then she originally knew.

Before she could think about that any more, the announcement of the next round brought her focus back to their current situation. After a quick speech by the Celestic Sisters, the ARC System activated and the Tidal Maidens found themselves in the Arctic Duel Field. "Good luck guys," Twilight told her team before they split up in search of their first opponent.


As the Duelling commenced, a particular group of three were sitting in one of the VIP boxes of the stadium.

They were Team Dominator and the three of them were all doing something different. Heath was laying on a couch listening to his music, while Starlight was sitting on a chair with a magazine in her hands. Meanwhile, Tempest was standing infront of the large window, staring out at the Duel Field and seeing the many Duellists doing what they could to get to the next round.

Celestia: What an exciting first day we had yesterday.

Luna: After the opening ceremonies, the Dominators lived up to their team name and stormed their way into the first round.

Tempest frowned. "Twilight Sparkle. Rainbow Dash and Big Mac. None of them did very well against me. With those skills, it was a miracle that they manged to defeat Sombra."

Starlight closed her magazine and stood up, stepping over to stand besides Tempest. "It's possible they purposefully decided to not show you the extent of their abilities. But considering they're friends with Flash and he would have told them about your Duel, that's highly unlikely. Hopefully they'll be able to get to the next round and we'll have another chance to see how well they do."

"I guess," Tempest agreed. The screen she was looking at then shifted to show the images of a team that had been removed from play, the three being disqualified in the process. "Humans. They're so...fragile." She then saw the screen change to show Twilight, who was Duelling and had just played the Magic Tome of Starswirl. "Moondancer."

Starlight sighed, "she really should have been here with us."

"What's that suppose to mean?" They turned to Heath, as he sat up while pulling down his headphones. "Am I not good enough to be on this team?" Despite trying to sound angry, his question came off much more sarcastic. He then yawned as he sat back, "I'll do my best to fill in for her." With that, he put his headphones back on before closing his eyes.

Tempest and Starlight both rolled their eyes and turned back to watch the Duels.


In the Forest Duel Field, Sunburst was rushing through it in search of his next opponent.

But as he travelled, he couldn't help but keep thinking about what he'd seen yesterday. "Starlight," he whispered while coming to a stop. The fact was, that girl had actually been a childhood friend of his. The one he'd promised to meet at the top of the Duelling world. It seems she had been working to keep that promise.

Then, before Sunburst could think of doing anything else, his Raduel beeped to signify the arrival of his next opponent.

He looked around, trying to spot the Duellist, when he heard footsteps coming from behind him. He turned to see who it was, spotting Maud Pie walking towards him. "Err...hi."

"Hello," Maud replied with no emotion in her voice, "you're a member of team V-Fighters."

"I am."

"I see," Maud activated her Duel Disk. "Your teammate sent my sister to the Graveyard, so I guess it makes sense to get her out by beating you."

Sunburst activated his own Duel Disk, "I'm not gonna make that easy for you." The two drew their cards and stood ready for their match.

"DUEL!"

Maud: 4000
Sunburst: 4000

"I'll be taking the first move," Maud placed a hand on her deck. "I DRAW!" Sunburst was surprised by the sudden personality shift of his opponent, but quickly got over it when Maud began her turn. "I'll start by setting the Pendulum Scale, with scale two Stone Snail and scale ten Stone Armadillo!" The pillars of light appeared besides her, as a pair of monster flew up into them. One was a grey snail with a shell made of rock, while the other was an armadillo that also had a stone shell. Once they were high enough, the portal began to form between the pillars. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a single light shot out of it, hitting the ground and fading to reveal a twelve foot snake made out of boulders. "Stone Serpent!" (A2100/D1500/L5/P3) "I place one card face down and end my turn."

"Here goes!" Sunburst drew his card, "I summon my Sunburst Familiar, in DEF mode!" A fireball appeared in front of him and exploded, reveal his nine tailed fox. (A1200/D1000/L3) "Then I'll place down two cards and end my turn."

"Then I draw!" Maud did so before the portal began to open above her head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened up and unleashed a single white light, which struck the ground faded to reveal a ten meter tall golem. It was made entirely of stone, with metal armouring around its wrists, chest and a metal helmet on its head. A white cape flowed down its back. "Megastone Golem!" (A2800/D3000/L8)

"Now, Stone Serpent, ATTACK Sunburst Familiar!" The rock snake tunnelled head first underground, only to pop back out right underneath Sunburst's monster and destroying it.

Sunburst was knocked off his feet by the shaking, but managed to press button on his Duel Disk as he did. "I activate my two face downs. First is Light the Beacons!" A large bonfire appeared in front of him.

"What?" Maud asked

"Since you destroyed one of my monsters, this card lets me summon a Fire Type from my hand or deck with fifteen under or less ATK points. So come on out, UFO Turtle!" The bonfire exploded to reveal the creature, which took up its DEF position. (A1400/D1200/L4) "Next, is Eruption Draw. Since you destroyed a Fire monster with fifteen hundred or less ATK, this card let's me draw cards equal to its Level." He drew three cards. "Finally, since Familiar was destroyed, his ability lets me look at the top five card of my deck and add any two fire monsters among them to my hand." He drew five cards and grabbed two, placing the rest back into his Deck.

Maud smirked, "impressive. Alright, Megastone Golem, attack!" The giant rock beast pulled its fists back before launching it forwards, destroying UFO Turtle. "And whenever Megastone attacks, it gains two hundred ATK points." (A3000/D3000/L8)

"Well when UFO is destroyed, I can summon another Fire Type with fifteen hundred or less ATK." Another fireball appeared in front of Sunburst and exploded, revealing Ashes Magician. (A1400/D1400/L4)

"I end my turn."

"Alright," Sunburst drew his card and added it to his already oversized hand. "And I'll set the Pendulum Scale, with scale two Red Sun Magician and scale seven Blue Sun Magician!" The pillars of light appeared besides him as the two monsters flew up into them. "Burn through space time and blaze the arc of victory!" The portal began to form above him, "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair of fireballs shot out and struck the ground, exploding to reveal the two monsters.

"Burn Blader!" (A1800/D100/L4)

"And Sunburst Apprentice!" (A1500/D1300/L4)

"Next, I summon Blaze Wizard!" Another fireball appeared in front of him and exploded to reveal the young fire magician. (A1200/D1100/L3)

"Why didn't you just Pendulum Summon it?" Maud asked.

"I'll tell you why," Sunburst's deck began to shuffle before slotting out a card. "Whenever my Blaze Wizard is Normal Summoned, I can add one Ritual Spell from my deck to my hand." This caught Maud's attention. "But before I activate it, I'll use Red Sun's Pendulum Ability to increase Ashes Magician's Level by three." Said magician did just that, increasing the grey clothed magician's Level. (A1400/D1400/L7) "Now, I'll activate my Sunburst Gate!"

The stone arch appeared behind his monsters, Ashes Magician exploding into fireballs that flew into seven of the archway's star holes.

Sunburst closed his eyes and began to chant. "Courageous flames, that burn like the sun, give life to the warrior whose fiery heart cannot be extinguished!" The wooden doors of the gate flew open and unleashed a giant fireball, "I RITUAL SUMMON!"

The fireball exploded to reveal Sunburst's monster. "Sunburst Knight!" (A2600/D1900/L7)

"An impressive card," Maud told him. "But it won't be enough to stop my monsters.

"We'll see about that," Sunburst told her. "First, I activate Sunburst Apprentice's ability, which lets me boost the power of a Fire monster on my field by five hundred. So I'll use it to increase Burn Blader's ATK." The wizard pointed its staff at the suit of armour before unleashing a wave of fire, which flew around Burn Blader and powered it up. (A2300/D100/L4)

Maud raised an eyebrow at this. Why didn't he increase his knight's ATK power?

"Burn Blader, attack Stone Serpent!" The suit of armour charged forwards before slashing the rock snake with its flaming sword, causing it to fall apart.

Maud: 3800
Sunburst: 4000

"And when Burn Blader destroys a monster, it deals you four hundred points of damage." It pointed its sword at Maud and unleashed a wave of fire, which surrounded and burnt her.

Maud: 3400
Sunburst: 4000

"Now, Sunburst Knight will attack your Megastone Golem!"

"But my monster's stronger?" Maud asked.

"Not after his ability kicks in," Sunburst replied. His knight raised his sword, as Blaze Wizard, Burn Blader and Sunburst Apprentice glowed. That glow flew into its blade, which ignited and raised the Ritual Monster's ATK power. (A4100/D1900/L7)

Maud quickly realised what was going on and looked around, spotting an Action Card on the leaf of a tree. As Sunburst Knight drew closer to her monster, she jumped onto the tree trunk and spring boarded up to pluck the card into her hand.

But as she landed, she looked down at the card and raised an eyebrow before adding it to her hand. Seconds later, Sunburst Knight slashed Megastone Golem and destroyed it. The crumbling remains of her monster fell towards her, forcing her to jump back and avoid all but the smallest of the rocks.

Maud: 2300
Sunburst: 4000

"I activate my face down!" Her card flipped up to reveal a Trap. "Rubble Summon. Since you destroyed a Level eight Rock Monster, I can summon two Rock monsters whose combined Levels equal eight." The rocks that remained of her monster began to float into the air before flying together, forming to new monsters. "I summon Stone Rhino and Stone Eagle!" (A800/D1800/L4/P9) (A1900/D1300/L4/P7)

Sunburst sighed at the sight of the monsters, "I end my turn." His monster's ATK points returned to normal. (A2600/D1900/L7) (A1800/D100/L4)

"My draw!" Maud drew her card before taking the Action Card she'd gotten and placing it in her Duel Disk, "I activate the Action Spell Mystical Fertiliser. This card lets me remove a monster from my grave to add a monster that's the same Level and Attribute to my hand." She removed Megastone Golem before her deck shuffled and slotted out a card. She took the card, while the portal above her began to form. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened before a pair lights shot out and struck the ground, then faded to reveal her monsters. "Stone Serpent!" (A2100/D1500/L5/P3)

The second became a fifteen meter humanoid woman, whose body was made out of earth and vegetation. Her chest, hands and feet were a mass of rock that resembled armour, while her arms and legs were made out of mud. He head was also made out of mud, with a rock like helmet covering everything but her face and long green vines for hair. Around her waist was a skirt that was made out of giant leaves, and grass could be seen growing out of the back of its rock like gauntlets. "Giga-Rock Titan, Gaia!" (A3000/D3000/L8/P3)

"Wow!" Sunburst cried, craning his neck and stepping back in order to see the entirety of the monster now standing before him.

"Behold my most powerful monster," Maud said as Gaia bent down and held out her hand, allowing her, Stone Rhino and Stone Serpent to climb on before standing back up and placing them on her shoulder. Stone Eagle landed on the other shoulder "Now I activate Gaia's special ability!" The rock serpent slithered down Gaia's arm towards her palm, Gaia closing said palm into a fist and crushing the monster into dust.

"She destroyed her own monster?" Sunburst asked, only to see Gaia begin to glow. (A51000/D3000/L8/P3) "I see." So by sacrificing a monster, Gaia could increase her own ATK. This was bad for him.

"Gaia, attack Blaze Wizard!" The giant raised its colossal hand, ready to crush Sunburst's monster. If that happened, he's only have a hundred life points left and Eagle would be able to wipe out the rest by attack Burn Blader.

Sunburst looked around and spotted a tree with a large hole in its trunk. Deciding to take his chances, he rushed towards it while Gaia began to bring its hand down to crush Blaze Wizard. But second before it could land its hit, Sunburst reached the tree and peered inside.

Doing so allowed him to see not one, but two Action Cards. No doubt one was a Spell and the other a Trap. He only had time to grab one, so he closed his eyes and reached in to grasp the first card he felt before pulling out.

Seeing what it was, he smiled before placing the card inside his Duel Disk. "I activate Power Magnet. This Action Spell makes it so that you can only attack the strongest monster on my field!" Sunburst Knight jumped in front of Blaze Wizard, raising his sword in a vein attempt to damage Gaia but only found himself being destroyed instead.

The force made when Gaia's hand hit the ground sent a gust of wind sweeping across the field, sending Sunburst flying backwards.

Maud: 2300
Sunburst: 1500

"Stone Eagle, destroy Burn Blader!" The bird jumped off Gaia's shoulder and took flight down towards the flaming suit of armour, smashing into it and destroying it.

Maud: 2300
Sunburst: 1400

"I switch Stone Rhino to DEF mode and end my turn," Maud announced as Stone Eagle landed back on Gaia's shoulder while the Giga-Rock Titan's ATK returned to normal. (A3000/D3000/L8/P3) Maud looked down at her opponent, as he picked himself up and stood shakily on his feet.

"Man," Sunburst said, "you're really not pulling any punches are you?"

"Of course not," Maud replied. "I have to win, for my sisters." Maud wasn't going to let Pinkie waste another minute in the Graveyard, not when she could be out spreading joy to everyone through her Duelling. That had always been Pinkie greatest talent.

Flashback

Maud had just arrived home from school, only to hear the sounds of crying.

Following the sound, she walked around the back of the house and spotted her little sister Marble curled up on the back porch. Her face was hidden behind her hair, but the sobbing sounds were a dead give away of her crying.

Despite Maud's face not showing it, she was very upset about her sister crying. She wanted to go and help her, but she had no idea what to say. She wasn't very good at the whole being supportive thing.

But before she could even attempt to come up with an idea, the backdoor opened and Pinkie stepped out. She saw her twin cry and sat down besides her, pulling Marble into a hug. "Aw, Marble, please don't cry. Those meanies at school don't know what they're talking about. You're awesome."

The girl, Marble, just continued to cry.

"I know," Pinkie said while getting up. "Let's Duel. That always manages to cheer you up." Marble didn't say anything, as Pinkie stood her up and walked her over to their usual Duelling area. Maud remained where she was, able to see the spot they were Duelling on quite well from where she stood.

"DUEL/duel."

Pinkie: 4000
Marble: 4000

"I DRAW!" Pinkie spun around while drawing. "I'll start by summoning Balloonimal Dog, in ATK mode." The balloon animal appeared in front of her. (A1000/D1000/L3) "I place one card face down and then let you play."

"Alright," Marble said as she drew her card. "I play Graceful Charity. So now I draw three cards and then I have to discard two." She drew and discarded her cards. "I can now summon a monster from my hand." A knight like monster whose armour was made out of some kind of gravelly rock. Seconds later, rocks appeared around it and began sealing the knight in a moon like construction. "By banishing Gaia Knight Corundum and one Rock monster from my graveyard, I can summon Gaia Knight Ruby to my field.

The moon crumbled as a knight in ruby armour appeared, carrying a sword made out of the same rock as its armour. (A3000/D2400/L8) "And since I have two Rock Monsters removed from play, he gains two hundred ATK points." (A3200/D2400/L8) "I attack Balloonimal Dog." The knight rushed forwards, ready to pop Pinkie's monster with its sword.

"I activate my Trap!" Pinkie's face down flipped up, "Half Unbreak!" The Trap started spewing bubbles, one of which surrounded Balloonimal Dog and shielded it from the attack. The sword hit the bubble and bounced off, saving Balloonimal Dog and cutting the damage Pinkie took in half.

Pinkie: 2900
Marble: 4000

"Hey!" Pinkie reached into her hair, "check this out!" She pulled out a flashlight and turned it on, then pointed it at one of the bubbles. The light went through the bubble and when it came out the other end, it was now a rainbow of colour. That rainbow flew into another bubble and was reflected into another one and another one. Soon enough, the entire Duel Field was covered in rainbows.

Marble's eyes were wide at this, looking up at the spectacle and causing her hair to fall back away from her face. Seconds later, a smile of pure joy appeared on her lips.

Maud saw this and also cracked a smile, happy that Marble wasn't upset any more.

Leave it to Pinkie to bring a smile onto anyone's face. No matter what had happened to them, or how depressed someone was, Pinkie always knew how to put a smile back on their face. That was why she started Duelling. Not to win, but to spread joy and laughter to all those around her. It was what she was meant to do.

It was in that moment, that Maud made a vow to help Pinkie master her Duelling craft. To help her develop a style that would never fail to make anyone who saw it laugh.

Flashforward

"I can't afford to lose." Not if she wanted Pinkie out of the Graveyard, so she could show the world the style they'd worked so hard to create.

Sunburst smirked as he put his hand on his Deck. "Well I can't afford to lose either. Not after everything me and my team have been through to get here. It's my turn. I...DRAW!" He looked at the card he'd gotten and smiled, "I activate my Eruption Reload. This card let's me banish UFO Turtle from my grave and draw four cards." He did so, "I'll then use the skill of Ashes Magician! Now, by banishing him from my graveyard, I can add a Spell back to my hand." A card slotted out of his Duel Disk.

That has to be his Ritual card," Maud realised.

"I'll now activate the effect of Red Sun Magician, to increase the level of Blaze Wizard by three." Once again, the red clothed wizard unleashed a trio of fireballs that flew into Blaze Wizard. (A1200/D1100/L6) "Now, I'll once again activate my Sunburst Gate." The arch appeared, as Blaze Wizard exploded into six fireball that flew into half the indents.

Sunburst closed his eyes and began to chant. "furious hellfire, that burns like the sun, give life to the demon whose fury cannot be extinguished!" The doors of the gate flew open and unleashed a giant fireball, "I RITUAL SUMMON!"

The flames faded to reveal the monster Sunburst had summoned. The monster looked like a human teen, but he was wearing a crimson leather trench coat over black clothes and had a demonic black mask over his face that had red hair coming out the back along with a pair of red horns [AN]. Its left arm appeared to have been replaced by a red monster arm with spikes running up the forearm and on the shoulder as well as sharp claw like fingers. In its right arm was a wooden staff with an axe like blade in the shape of Sunburst's emblem. "Sunburst Ravager!" (A2000/D1800/L6)

Maud was on guard, unsure what Sunburst was planning.

"Here's the thing. While Sunburst Ravager is on the field, no other cards can attack."

"Doesn't sound like a very useful ability," Maud said before catching on. "Unless."

"Unless Ravager gets one attack for every monster on my field," Sunburst smirked. "And once I Pendulum Summon, that count's gonna go up." The portal opened before a pair of fireballs shot out and hit the ground, exploding to reveal his monsters.

"Sunburst Guardian!" (A1400/D1800/L4)

"And Yellow Sun Magician!" (A2200/D1800/L6/P1) "With these two out, Ravager's attack count is four."

"So what?" Maud asked. "Even if you can attack four time, Gaia still has much higher ATK then your monster."

Sunburst's smile increased as he activated another card. "That won't be true when I equip him with Blazing Aura." His monsters all glowed a fiery red. "Now he gains an extra five hundred ATK points, for every other Fire monster my side of the field." The glow flew off Apprentice, Guardian and Yellow Sun, surrounding Ravager and increasing his ATK points (A3500/D1800/L6) "Next, I'll use Apprentice's ability to increase Ravager's ATK by another five hundred." The young wizard unleashed his fireball, while further powered up the Ritual Monster. (A4000/D1800/L6) "ATTACK!"

Ravager leapt up into the air, both its claws and axe igniting into flames.

Maud gasped seeing this and leapt off her monster's shoulder as Stone Eagle took flight, grabbing its foot and gliding down towards one of the tree. Ravager thrust its axe into Gaia's chest, destroying it and causing Stone Rhino to fall to the ground.

Maud: 1300
Sunburst: 1400

Maud finally reached the three and jumped onto one of the branches, while Ravager landed on the ground and turned to Stone Eagle. The demon rushed towards the stone beast, axe primed, as Maud rushed over to grab what she'd seen from Gaia's shoulder. "I activate the Action Spell Unblooming. This card let's me pay five hundred life points to change any monster to DEF mode.

Maud: 800
Sunburst: 1400

Stone Eagle curled itself up, seconds before Ravager cut it into rubble. The rocks sprayed all over the place, hitting Maud and knocking her off the branch. Ravager then turned to Rhino and slashed it into pebbles, leaving Maud's field empty. "Finish this!" Ravager rushed towards Maud, its claw still aflame and prepared to slash her.

But seconds before it could make contact, the ground broke open before a rock golem appeared between them. (A1400/D1300/L4) Ravager's claws ripped into the golem, crumbling it be leaving Maud's life points intact.

"What the heck?" Sunburst asked, only to then notice Maud's Pendulum Zones had disappeared. "A Pendulum Ability?"

"That's right," Maud said. "Stone Armadillo's. When I'm attacked directly, I can sacrifice him and my other Pendulum Monster to look at the top three cards of my deck. If one is a monster with fifteen hundred or less ATK points, I can summon it. Luckily, My Stone Sentry qualified."

Sunburst frowned, his victory seeming so assured, but just chose to switch Apprentice to DEF mode and end his turn. Ravager's ATK reduced. (A3500/D1800/L6)

"It's my turn," Maud reached for her deck. "I DRAW!" She looked at her cards and nodded, "I activate the effect of Stone Sentry. By banishing it from the graveyard, I can draw two new cards!" Once she did that, she threw down two of her cards. "I will now reset the Pendulum Scale, with scale two Stone Crocodile and scale five Stone Penguin!" The pillars reappeared before the two statue like monsters flew up into them. "I activate my Crocodile's Pendulum Ability. If my Penguin's Pendulum Scale is six of below, which it is, I can double that scale. The number beneath Penguin went up from five to ten, giving Maud exactly what she needed.

Sunburst frowned, as he watched the portal above her then begin to form.

"I PENDULUM SUMMON!" The portal opened and five lights shot of it.

Giga-Rock Titan, Gaia!" (A3000/D3000/L8/P3)

"Stone Serpent!" (A2100/D1500/L5/P3)

"Stone Rhino!" (A800/D1800/L4/P9)

"Stone Eagle!" (A1900/D1300/L4/P7)

"Stone Armadillo!" (A400/D2000/L3/P10)

"I'll then activate Stone Penguin's Pendulum Ability. Once per turn, I can swap the ATK and DEF of one monster on my field. So I'll swap my Rhino's points." Penguin shot out a light, which struck Stone Rhino and made it glow. (A1800/D800/L4/P9) "Then, I'll sacrifice Stone Armadillo to increase Gaia's ATK power!" The giantess reached down and grabbed the stone armadillo, crushing it in her hand. (A3400/D3000/L8/P3) "Stone Serpent, attack!"

Sunburst watched as the rock snake once again burrowed underground before shooting up and destroying Sunburst Guardian, lowering Ravager's ATK power. (A3000/D1800/L6)

"Stone Eagle!" The rock bird took flight and grabbed Yellow Sun Magician, flapping up high before dropping the wizard and destroying it. Once again, Ravager's power decreased. (A2500/D1800/L6) "Rhino!" The horned rock monster charged forwards, impaling Sunburst Apprentice and destroying him while Ravager's power returned to its base level. (A2000/D1800/L6) "Now, Gaia will end it!"

As the Giantess reached down to splat Sunburst's monster, he looked around for an Action Card that could save him. He once again spotted a tree with a hole inside, which he rushed over to and reached inside.

Feeling only one card, he grasped it and pulled it out to reveal...a trap. "No!" Sunburst cried as the Trap, Poison Ivy, took effect and dealt him five hundred points of damage. "Ah!" He hissed as a sting surged through his hand, while the card vanished.

Maud: 800
Sunburst: 900

He tried to see if he could find another card, but saw nothing around him. All he could do was turn back to Ravager, as Gaia's giant palm crushed him into nothing while creating a powerful gust of wind. "WOW!" Sunburst cried as he was sent flying through the forest.

Maud: 800 (Winner)
Sunburst: 0

Maud sighed in relief, knowing that Duel hadn't been easy. She was till exhausted from the running around to grab the Action Cards. But despite all that, she smirked knowing she'd helped free her sister.


Down below, Pinkie was sitting on one of the benches while humming to herself.

Her humming stopped when she heard the beeping noise of her Raduel, which she held up as the hologram appeared. On it was the info saying she was free to leave, making her smile. "Thanks sis."


Maud turned back to Sunburst, who moaned as he was pulling himself free of the tree he'd crashed into.

"Are you alright?" She asked, back in her monotone voice.

Sunburst groaned as he cricked his back, "I'm fine." He then turned to smile at Maud while fixing his glasses, "this isn't the last you've seen of me. Next round, you're toast." Before Maud could reply, the ground beneath him began to sink down. As he travelled down the tube like pathway, he frowned. "Sorry guys. I let you down." Hopefully one of them would win their next match quickly, so he could get out and regain some of the points he'd lost.


As Flash was running through the Arctic Field, a beeping caught his attention.

Expecting it to be the alert of his next opponent, he looked at his Raduel as the screen appeared to show what had happened. "He lost?"

"No way," Spike said from the Meadow Field. "Sunburst can't be in the graveyard." He switched off his Raduel and sighed, "I'd better hurry up and save him." But just as he said that, his watch beeped again. Fearing it might show that Flash had lost, he called on the screen only to find it was a Duel alert. His next opponent was in range.

Before he could look around, the sound of footsteps and a familiar voice caught his attention. "Huh, Spike?"

The teen spun around, his eyes going wide at the sight of his next opponent as they stood atop a large hill. "Twilight." His sister just stared at him, the two realising what they had to do. For the sake of their teams, they had to beat each other.

Author's Note:

Well, hope you enjoyed that quick glimpse at Marble's deck. More will be shown, I promise you. But right now, we have a sibling Duel to get underway.

AN: Think of Beelzemon's mask.

PreviousChapters Next