• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 3,552 Views, 359 Comments

Ponies in Hogwarts [Edited] - KittyrinnAiko



A pony stranded in the past must go to another dimension and learn the ways of wizards before she can return to her own time.

  • ...
17
 359
 3,552

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 37 Next stop, Canterlot.

Nova, Scootaloo, Loki, and Alalme met with Hermione’s parents shortly after lunch. Mr and Mrs Granger had mixed feelings about Hermione going away again so soon but we're thrilled that their daughter was going to be the guest of royalty. Hermione packed a small bag and expressed her concern that she wasn’t bringing enough despite having stuffed all her Hogwarts books into it. Being the clever girl that she was she’d already figured out a basic expansion charm. Her suitcase now held as much as her Hogwarts trunk had.

“Hermione, you’re not going to need much of anything outside of an overnight bag and you’ve likely more stuff in there then you had in your trunk.” Nova offered. She’d gone to see what was taking her so long. “Everything else can be provided for you on an as-needed basis.”

“Are you sure?” Hermione asked.

“I’m sure. Now come on.”

Hermione gave her room one last look, closed up the suitcase, and the two made their way back out to the living room of the flat. There everyone said their goodbyes to Hermione’s parents and made their way down to the ground floor, and out the back way to a waiting car. Hermione’s suitcase went into the boot of the car and everyone piled into the car. A moment later they were on their way.

“There wasn’t a faster way to get there?” Hermione asked about an hour later as they made their way through heavy afternoon traffic.

“It’s in a gated community.” Loki offered. “No wizard connections.”

“And I can’t teleport you there as I’ve never been.”

“What about the foals?” Hermione asked.

“They are in the boot with the rest of the luggage.” Alalme offered.

“Do you have any idea how bad that sounds?” Hermione asked with a teasing tone. “The children? Oh, we stuffed them in the boot.”

“Well, they are in the portable mansion.” Scootaloo offered. “Though it does make me nervous having it out of sight when we are traveling.”

“You’re nervous?” Nova asked as they turned down a street into a residential area. “I’m out and about knowing my home away from home is on the move with the foals… I’ll not be able to fully relax until we’ve come to a stop where I can open it up and hug our little darlings.”

Outside the car, the residential area gave way to a more park-like setting, and a moment later they had to stop at a gate. The driver showed a pass to a guard, and they were allowed to continue. Now the houses were considerably larger, and the yards liken to small parks each having its own fence and gate surrounding it. To say it was a posh neighborhood would be an understatement.

“Wow, this place looks really exclusive,” Hermione said as they turned down another lane.

“Most of these places are owned by rock stars, millionaires, and corporations.” Their driver offered. “The place is as quiet as a cemetery during the week, and party central on the weekends. Even then it’s only about a third of the properties. There are a few mostly permanent residents. Retirees mostly. Aside from that the people you are more likely to see are gardeners and security. A few of the places seem to be abandoned as well.”

“Just out of curiosity how is Fancy Pants getting those various exotic goods in and out that I’ve been buying?” Nova asked.

“Displaced space spell inside a package, and send it by post. Everything goes to an off-site facility where it gets packed up for shipment back to Equestria.” Their driver offered as rain began to strike the front windshield. “I imagine if the human doing the deliveries ever finds out, they’re going to get a retroactive hernia.”

Nova and the others couldn't help but chuckle at the idea of it as their driver turned on the windshield wipers. Here they’d been smuggling all manner of things to the house.

“What sort of things have you been sending back?” Hermione asked as they turned into a drive of a fairly large estate.

“Fancy Arabian breast collars, halters, and saddle blankets seem to be all the rage right now. Along with Egyptian ones too.” Nova offered. “They are pricey, but we can get them cheaper than at home. We turn around and sell them at a considerable profit.”

“And we’re here.” Scootaloo offered as the car pulled in and stopped under an overhang. A moment later the doors were opened, and the luggage retrieved from the trunk.

“Come on, show me to a place where I can set this thing up,” Nova asked with her precious suitcase in hand.

The house itself was a fairly large mansion in the style of a typical English Manor. And to be true, it was just as likely larger then the building it was modeled after. Which also meant they’d not likely have to go out of their way to hide Nova’s apartment. Assuming they ever had a guest that wasn’t already in the know.

“Wow, this place is amazing.” Hermione offered as they went in through a side door. Normally they would have gone in through the front, but as it was raining there was no point in getting wet.

“Nice kitchen.” Nova offered as the passage lead them past a fairly nice kitchen. They rounded a corner, went up a short flight of stairs, rounded another corner, and walked out into the main hall.

“Nice,” Nova said having a look around.

“Nice?” Hermione asked, and then started laughing. “Forgive me, for a moment I forgot that the apartment in your luggage is larger.”

From there Loki directed them up from the ground floor to the second floor where he showed Nova to a long hall with nothing in it beyond a couple of fireplaces and an elevator. To be true it was the entire wing of the house and didn’t even have a set of doors on it.

“For you.” Loki offered.

“But there’s nothing here? It’s just one big empty room?” Hermione said sounding rather confused.

“Are you a witch or not?” Nova chastised. “Alright, every pony out in the hallway, that means you too Hermione.”

Hermione gave Nova an incredulous look, and then her eyes widened as Nova set her suitcase right where the doors would normally have been. Everyone rushed out, Nova opened up the luggage to the rotunda door and fit it into the open space.

On opening the door the three mamas were all but bowled over by their respective foals. Inside the rooms looked as they always did with but a few exceptions. The windows, elevator, and fireplaces had all been integrated into the floor plan. Out of the windows, they saw the gardens, a fence beyond that, and another large house.

“I know we are a ways from the next house…?” Hermione said as concern grew regarding the possibility of people outside seeing the foals.

“Perception filters.” Loki offered as he sat down on the floor to give the foals a hug. “Now, listen up you three. The staff are all from Equestria, but you are not to go outside. And, you are not to allow strangers to see you. Is that understood?”

They all looked at Nova.

“You’re just going to get the same lecture out of me,” Nova said with mock sternness. “However, isn’t there a portal to Equestria here?” Nova looked at Loki expectantly.

“We connected it to the fireplace, and Princess Twilight even managed to get it to work like the floo.” Scootaloo offered.

“This fireplace?” Nova said going to a large fireplace now in the rotunda.

“Does it connect anywhere else?” Nova asked.

“We didn’t want to take that chance.” Loki offered. “And there’s no need for floo powder. Just don’t ever put an actual fire in it.” Just as he was saying this the alicorn of light stuck her head up out of the brick floor of the fireplace to have a look around.

“Who?” Hermione asked.

“Tia, the avatar of my Aunt Celestia.” Nova offered.

“Ooh, I can see through to the other side.” Tia offered as her head passed into the back wall.

“So how’s it work?” Nova asked.

“Step in, say Canterlot, and step through the back wall.” Scootaloo offered. Just as they were saying this Sweetie stepped out, walking right through Tia the wonder horse followed by Phenik.

“You finally made it!” Sweetie called and rushed over to give everyone a hug. A moment later Harry Potter stepped out. Of course, they were in human form do to the interaction of the portal.

“Harry!” Hermione called out and met him halfway with a hug. “I thought you were still at the Dursleys?”

“Nope, sorry, not me. A stand-in.” Harry offered. He then went to Nova and gave her a hug.

“And it’s important no one knows.” Nova cautioned.

“What about going back to school?” Hermione asked.

“We’ll pull a shell game maneuver if we have to.”

“Not sure if I want to go back right now.” Harry offered.

“No?” Scootaloo asked.

“Hermione, this is going to sound really strange, but I’ve got parents there. Family. I’ve got a family. And wait till you see what I turn into. Wait till you see Hedwig.”

“Family? Turn into?” Hermione asked. Harry was looking far too thin to her.

“Hermione, it’s a dimensional portal. And when you go through, you are probably going to turn into a pony.” Scootaloo offered.

“Or something else,” Harry added with a big smile.

“Something else?” Nova and Scootaloo both asked.

“You have to come through to find out,” Harry offered, went back to the fireplace, said Canterlot, and passed through the back.

“Wait for me,” Sweetie called and followed after.

“Are we going?” Moonie asked as she approached from the back. She had on the amulet.

“Moonie, where have you been?” Nova called going over to embrace her. “Of course you can. You haven't been sulking have you?” Moonie dropped her head. Alalme transformed back to her pony form and gave her a wing hug.

“Now Moonie, you know the reason we left you inside was in case something happened to cause us to lose track of the suitcase. We were counting on you to keep the foals safe.”

“Come on Moonie, cheer up.” Scootaloo offered. She too transformed, and in her case, went in for a nuzzle. A moment later all three foals were on her back.

“Are you ready for Canterlot?” Loki asked.

“I am. Let's go.” Hermione stated, walked to the fireplace, hesitated a moment, walked in, said Canterlot, and vanished through the back.

Nova took the pendant, “Just in case.” She offered, transformed, put Goldwine on her back, and then the trio stepped through followed by Alalme and Alya, then Scootaloo and Rose, and finally Loki brought up the rear.

When Nova came out the other side she found a violet pony sitting on the floor with midnight blue floofy mane and tail, and a winged deer of all things standing next to Sweetie Belle. A Peryton of all creatures with luminous forest green fur with wings that had violet primaries with black hash-marks and all of two points counting both antlers. Both the deer and Sweetie were watching with big grins. So startled was Nova that she failed to get out of the way and a pony pile soon ensued.

“Harry? Harry Potter?” Nova asked from the bottom of the pile. Well, almost the bottom. Hermione was on the bottom and Nova was acutely aware that Hermione had a horn under that bouncy mane. Goldwine and the other foals had bounced away the moment the pileup had begun.

Nova was definitely going to check Pinkie’s mane for a horn.

“Cool, isn’t it?” Harry asked ignoring the fact that his friends were one big pony pile right now.

“Harry, you’re a Peryton,” Hermione’s voice said from the violet filly.

“Yesterday I didn’t even know what that was,” Harry said excitedly. “And today I am one!” He exclaimed emphasizing with a pronk.

“Watch the ceiling their young buck.” Princess Celestia offered from the doorway. “Welcome home, my little ponies.”

“Good welcome to you all.” Offered a beautiful alabaster doe with a white front, underside, and a light strawberry colored mane festooned with gems that flowed off her head and down into white chest floof, and tiny silk flowers adorned those long pony like strands. Assuming they weren’t actual flowers, and she was dressed in a long flowing gown of silken pale lavender embroidered with such images as might be found in a deep forest in silver thread. She had accompanied Princess Celestia and seemed to be trying her best not to laugh at the entanglement of the ponies on the floor. Even Moonie seemed unable to extricate herself for some reason.

“Hi.” Nova offered as she extracted herself from the pony pile. She stood up and made a polite curtsy. “Princess Kitsumi Nova Moon.”

She returned the curtsy. “Lilly Ifans of the Woodland Elk and wife of James the Potter.”

Author's Note:

And I bet you all thought I'd make Harry a pony. :pinkiehappy:

Seriously though, I see so many people make Harry a pony, usually a pegasus or unicorn. And I'm thinking: Harry's Patronus is a stag, his father's animagus form is a stag, he and Lilly have deer Patronus, the comics have deer... is there a type of deer that can fly too... and that's when I discovered or rather rediscovered the Peryton. And then a most evil grin formed on my face, a most delightfully evil wicked grin as I contemplated having a very elegant, almost high Elvin version of James and Lily Potter showing up at the offices of the Ministry of Magic.

Knowing how I like to hand out wings and horns I just had to do it. Antlers, but still...:rainbowlaugh:



And finally, a special treat

Kitsumi Nova by MykeGreywolf

PreviousChapters Next