• Published 22nd Sep 2018
  • 3,557 Views, 359 Comments

Ponies in Hogwarts [Edited] - KittyrinnAiko



A pony stranded in the past must go to another dimension and learn the ways of wizards before she can return to her own time.

  • ...
17
 359
 3,557

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 42: Silly winged Earth pony.

When Nova and Scootaloo arrived at the Apple Farm they found that Apple Bloom was out in the Everfree visiting Zecora.

“Hello,” Scootaloo called tentatively as she slowly opened the door into Zecora’s home.

“Scootaloo!” Apple Bloom called, rushed to the door to hug her…

“Apple Bloom, you brew our doom!” Zecora called in warning as Apple Bloom hugged Scootaloo, but it was too late.

Boom!

“Zecora, are you alright?” Nova called as the three young mares ventured back in. She was also curious as to why the two were wearing cloaks.

Zecora looked at Nova through the smoky haze. There was a look of perplexity mixed with dread as recognition set it. “Do my eyes deceive, or do I see what should not be?”

“I’m Princess Nova from a long time ago, but yes. And if you’ve a mind to teach little Nova some survival skills, then I will come to you and say, thank you.”

“But?” Zecora asked. She found herself to be at a loss for word and rhyme.

“That I can not say, nor would I. The price is high and higher still if this thing that had befallen me be somehow undone,” Nova answered. “But tell me, what have you been working on?”

“We’ve been going over potions from Hogwarts.” Apple Bloom supplied as Zecora gave Nova a hug.

“Most convoluted potions never before have I seen, one wrong step and the results you have seen.” Zecora offered.

“As dangerous as Sweetie’s cooking.” Scootaloo offered.

“Hey now… not that it’s not true, but some pony has to defend her.” Apple Bloom offered. Nova broke away from Zecora and went to give Apple Bloom a hug. She then ran a hoof over Apple Bloom’s side.

Apple Bloom stiffened immediately.

“Apple Bloom?” Nova asked. “Potion mishap?”

“What’s that about a potion mishap?” Scootaloo asked. “Zecora?”

Zecora’s ears drooped.

“You know the saying when pigs have wings?” Apple Bloom prompted sounding a bit sheepish.

“Let me guess, there’s a potion for that, and it works on ponies?” Nova prompted.

“Maybe.” Apple Bloom replied. “Not like we intended to use it on ourselves.”

“Wings?! Show us!” Scootaloo demanded and had Apple Bloom disrobed a moment later. “Oh my gosh, they are so pretty.”

“My sister is gonna kill me!” Apple Bloom protested.

“She’s not going to kill you,” Nova reassured her. “So, how long does it last?”

“It was supposed to wear off an hour ago.” Apple Bloom offered. “We were working on a counter potion.”

“Well then, on the off chance it’s permanent, I’d say it’s time for a flight lesson.” Scootaloo prompted, and Apple Bloom soon found herself being herded outside and being told to spread em.

“I’m underage!” Apple Bloom protested as she tried to run away.

“Your wings, you silly winged Earth pony,” Nova called and laughed.

“Oh… right, I knew that.” Apple Bloom replied as she stopped and turned back. “Um, how?”

“I think I know how to spread those wings,” Scootaloo offered in a sultry tone, walked over to Apple Bloom, and planted a passionate kiss on her. This was answered by the sound of two sets of wings spreading right quick-like. The three looked back to see Zecora standing in front of her house, wings spread, looking rather flushed. She looked at her wings and laughed.

“Go on, it yet may wear off.” Zecora offered a moment later.

“What happens if I manage to get airborne and then the potion wears off?” Apple Bloom asked.

“We’ll catch you.” Scootaloo offered.

“OK… how do I get my wings to flap now? - Hey!” Apple Bloom let out a protested as she felt Nova’s magic lift her into the air and manoeuvre her around like a glider. “I am so going to get you back for this!”

A short time later they were gliding in over the apple farm.

“Apple Bloom? Carn-sarn it, what ‘ave you gone en done to yourself!?” Applejack called from an orchard. “Get down here right now!”

Apple Bloom had finally got the hang of using wings only to have the potion take that exact moment to wear off.

Aaaaaaa!!!” Apple Bloom yelled as she fell.

Applejack's eyes grew wide, and she ran to catch only to find herself colliding with Rainbow Dash who’d seen Apple Bloom and had rushed to catch her. The two scrambled about, righted themselves, looked about frantically only to discover Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Nova standing nearby watching with curious looks on their faces.

“It’s not what it looks like!” Dash protested. “I was going to catch you? What were you doing anyway?”

“Flying, she was flying,” AJ stated. “With wings, and then poof!”

“Now Mrs Appledash, we were right there to catch her.” Nova offered in a half teasing way. Both mares looked at her with wide eyes. And then Dash rolled over onto her back and started laughing.

“You know, it’s getting mighty close to eleven.” Scootaloo teased.

“You mean we should probably run for it before Applejack makes up her mind.” Nova offered, laughed, and the two were in the air about the same time Applejack shouted, ‘come ear!’

“Apple Bloom, don’t forget to come up to Canterlot first chance you get so we can do the declaration of intent,” Nova called.

“Hey, Dash, I thought you were teaching young fliers?” Scootaloo called.

“Princess Celestia foal-napped my group so I took the short cut to come and check on you two. You’re not really supposed to take off on your own after you’ve checked in.” Dash replied. She sprung into the air, “Race you back!” She only waited a moment, and then took off for the forest.

“Ha!” Nova called back, and a moment later she and Scootaloo were racing into the stratosphere.

“I don’t know what you see in those two.” Applejack protested to Apple Bloom a moment later.

“Might just be the same thing you see in Rainbow Dash.” Bloom offered with a smirk.

“Come ear!” AJ called and took after her sister who’d the good sense to run for it.

Author's Note:

Short and sweet.

PreviousChapters Next