• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 1,526 Views, 15 Comments

Fated - dragenfire68



our fates were written since the day we were born and the day we died, but at the end, the joke was not on us, and our destiny had become unraveled, and unwritten, here we are free.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,526

Tortured and Reclusive

Here in the dark cell, I feel at home, safe from death's touch, safe from the endless horrors, safe from the betrayal of my supposed 'Allies' multiple times I found that the ale had been poisoned, I knew that the Crusader or Vestle had talked one of the others into it, a large sum of money had changed hands, and not a thought was given to how my death would affect anyone else, instead it was given to how my death would boost their damned faith, however, my brooding would have to wait, I hear them coming, and one of them is not happy.

"You brought him here in chains, we do not do that unless properly convicted," An angry mare's voice echoed.

"But it is not a pony or anything we've ever seen, our magic scans told us that the cloak the thing wears despite being a simple cloak can deflect even our sharpest spears, its skin pulses with dark magic, and that damned chain weighs more then it lets on, maybe a couple of hundred pounds at least, maybe more," a young mare's voice.

"Young cadet, does it matter whether or not he is a pony or not?"

"I guess not, but still, this thing had enough manticore venom pulsing through it to kill ten ponies, yet all it did was put it to sleep, by the way, how do you know that things a stallion?"

"Call it a hunch, besides What's your point, Me and Celestia have enough magic strength to level all of canterlot and then some, heck princess Twilight has both the technical and magical know-how to knock canterlot off this mountain, are we to be detained for our abilities?"

The young cadet shut up at this, they continued in silence, but that didn't matter since they were close enough that even the light steps could be picked up by my keen hearing.

"I thought you said they brought him in alive," The older one asked.

"He was, maybe it died to the poison while in the cell?"

"No I can tell he's awake, I swear that I won't harm you," the older one called out to me.

"It's not you hurting me I'm afraid of, its the other way around my dears, as long as I'm here and I'm fed, I am contained and safe," I said, clutching the chains to my body, the spikes digging into my skin, the pain ensuring I am contained.

"I am Princess Luna of night, half of the reigning diarchy with my sister, Princess Celestia of the Sun, what is your name," Luna said to me.

"Just call me an abomination," I said, I doubt they would remember my real name anyways.

"In good conscience, I cannot call you such an evil name, what is your real name, the one given to you at birth?"

"Dante, my real name is Dante."

"You keep calling yourself an abomination, why do you attribute such a name to yourself?"

"She hasn't been around yet, has she?"

"Who?"

"The one who took the sun and probably the moon too, from the heavens," this got both the young cadet and Luna gasp.

"What do you know of this being?"

"Well not a whole lot, after all my homeland restricted her from actually giving straight answers, after all, being omnipotent and all-powerful meant she had to work without being seen or explainable since having an all-powerful deity tending all your needs, breeds all sorts of corruption."

Luna didn't say anything else after that, I suspect that mother was down here in the dark with us, and she has just been discovered, my instincts proved once again to be right as a playful laugh that sounded like the most beautiful chimes echoed around the dark cells.

"Dante, my child, your right on the money, but you saw the unrivaled cruelty of your fellow man and the blasphemous experiments they did to you under my name," A young female voice sound from behind Luna, but when she turned around there was nopony there, that is until The young cadet tapped Luna on shoulder turning her around, in front of them was a young woman with dark red hair and a simple dress, she waved her hand in front of the bars, breaking them down into nothing.

"Who are you," Luna asked the girl, though I knew what was coming, being this close to God allowed me to see her thoughts clear as day.

"Those who are not favored by the divine, immortal, dead or from another plane of reality may want to cover their ears," God warned, and Luna soundproofed the small area of the dungeon and put a silence spell on the cadet.

"I am ready," Luna said, it was then The woman opened her mouth and a voice so loud that it would put the royal canterlot voice to shame echoed around her and off the walls while the very force of the sound nearly knocked Luna off her hooves, instead she was simple knocked to one knee while she slid back, while the magic side almost tore the spells she put in place apart, the ancient words that made up her name came together in her mind, but she knew that she could never pronounce it, and then it was over.

"The name my people gave is God since a normal mortal would die from hearing her true voice," I piped up once my hearing returned.

"I take that as a show of power," Luna guessed as she undid the spells after the ringing faded.

"can some pony fill me in on what just happened," the cadet asked?

"Well, if you had heard the true voice of God, your heart would explode out of your chest and your head would explode since your a mortal."

"with that out of the way, I simply came here to help convince this one that sitting in a dark dungeon for the rest of his life was not the future I had planned for him," God said, giving Dante a pointed look.

"Planned future?"

God explained that she put Dante and the jester on equiss because the eldritch had yet to touch this dimension, and she put them on this world to live out the rest of their lives in relative peace.

"do you plan to bring more here," Luna asked despite the feeling that she couldn't stop her even if she wanted to.

"that depends on how well they do during their life, if they selflessly defend others against the dark, then maybe they will earn a second chance, now I believe its time for us to get out of this dingy dungeon," God said as she did a little twirl and in a second they were in Celestia's study, with Dante facing the ponies, the cadet wordlessly staring in horror at Dante's chest.

"Oh my Celestia, what happened to you to get so many scars," Luna said as soon as she laid her eyes on Dante in the light for the first time, first she noticed the spiked chains wrapped around his body, but under them showed bones, horribly malnourished with hundreds of crisscrossing scars, some even overlapping, but the worst scar was the brutal-looking scar on his head, a single capital A.

"Many decades ago I was dragged into a high tower," I figured that they deserved to know how I came to be in the state I was.