• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 1,526 Views, 15 Comments

Fated - dragenfire68



our fates were written since the day we were born and the day we died, but at the end, the joke was not on us, and our destiny had become unraveled, and unwritten, here we are free.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,526

confused

I saw the jester run into the underbrush as the changes came, I felt my flesh stretch and my bones break apart, the process took only seconds but for me, it was an eternity, I stepped back in my mind and let the beast loose, I felt my claws sink into the creature, its blood splash my face, its bones crack under the relentless assault, the taste of its flesh.

Tangy, succulent, FILLED WITH POISON I heard the beast think, right before another pain in the chest told me that we were stabbed with the damned stinger again, at this rate, not even the curse will dilute the poison, as I thought this I felt the beast slowing down, so wanting to preserve our lives, I reigned in our body, took one last bite from the creature, and ran up the road.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!

keeping us alive, tanking anymore stabs would surely have killed us.

WE ARE INVINCABLE!!!!

no we are not, we are gonna find somewhere to rest and then return to the small village that the jester went to.

BAH, YOUR WEAK SENTIMENTAL HUMAN NONSENSE SICKENS ME, I LOATH THAT I NEED YOU TO SURVIVE.

One day, We are gonna be free of each other, but that day is not today.

I ran until a sign that read "Manehatten" loomed in the distance, I ran too far, no matter, I'll find a- A shriek cut through the air, made by a small, and by the looks of it, female pony.

I couldn't react fast enough though, the manticore poison working its way through my body was sapping my strength, I looked around for somewhere to hide, that is until the blunt end of a spear slammed itself into my face, and I went out like a light.

*P.o.v. change 3rd person*

Celestia was currently sitting on a cushion, the delegates from the other nations had already arrived, and boy did it go south fast.

"oy vey, they can't be near each other for longer than a day, and they already are at each other's throats, at least in this, the dragons aren't the aggressors this time, heck Ember showing up at all is good news, I wonder what my little ponies are up too?" Celestia thought out loud.

"Well, one of my children is basically being interrogated, the other is on his way of getting hanged, so doing well." A new voice sounded behind her, causing Celestia to whirl around, see a young woman, she looked like she was in her early twenties, but the solid gold eyes gave away she was much older.

"Who are you, and what do you mean your children?"

"Well, my people call me god, I would tell you my true name, but it would take too long, as for my children, well that's a story for another time."

Celestia rubbed her forehead with a hoof, whoever this thing is, it seems like she wasn't going to get a straight answer out of it.

"is there anything you can tell me?"

"I gave my children a life here because it's untouched by my sibling's abominations, and they gave their lives to stop the oncoming tide of darkness, I would be most unhappy if they were murdered."

"Equestria is a big place, I can't watch them all."

God rubbed her hands together before blowing into her cupped hands, and from nothing sprang forth a star, before she put the star to her lips and sucked the energy back, before turning to Celestia who now regarded her with even more caution.

"I can watch my children at all times, I'll make sure to keep them alive, to protect them."

"One of them is going to be hanged aren't you going to help them?"

"I'll be visiting your dear sister soon, you should thank your student for telling the jester of your monarchy since I only know as much as both of them combined."

"Doesn't that limit your ability to protect them?"

"I never said I couldn't learn, anyways I'll be watching, If you ever need any help, just hold this up to your sun," God said, handing over a cross pendant, before walking at the wall and disappearing.

"Princess, We're ready to start again, The eastern Great cats have agreed to keep comments on the western Caribou to a minimum, The dragons surprisingly had nothing to add." A guard stationed outside her door said, Celestia put the amulet on under her regalia and stood.

"Well, let us proceed." She said before she thought.

"Dear sister, there is something here in equiss that is far stronger than anything that We've ever faced, luckily it's on our side."

*P.o.V. change, third person much earlier*

"BLUEBLOOD!?" Twilight shouted in surprise.

"SHHH, don't blow my cover, we have quite a lot to talk about and while I'm sure the ponies here will keep their mouths shut, its the ones that pass through I don't trust," Blueblood whispered.

"Alright then, come in," Twilight said, opened the door wider, letting in blueblood, where he made for the throne room before taking off his cloak.

"nice place you got, are you friends in?"

"Why are you here, shouldn't you be in canterlot, keeping a leash on the canterlot elite?"

"Auntie Luna has those hair-brains running themselves ragged, the night-guard is way more active than the day guard, not to mention way harder to sway, so she lets the elite think they have 'swayed' some of the lunar guards, and then I 'relieve' them of their contraband."

"Then I guess I can assume that you were being a dick to Rarity for her own good?"

"Ah yes, my actions towards miss Rarity, while an element bearer, she wasn't ready for the life of high nobility."

"So what's so important that you had to come here?"

"Wait, you hear that," Blueblood said, cocking an ear.

Twilight was hearing nothing, but Blueblood narrowed his eyes, and then started off towards the room that held the cup, when she arrived, the cup was gone.

"someone stole the cup," Twilight cried.

"I doubt the thief got far, though I think stole is the wrong word, I think the owner simply came for his stuff," Blueblood said, opening the closet, revealing the sleeping jester, forgetting that Twilight has no concept of personal space.

"uh..... I come in peace?" the jester said.

Twilight looked like she was gonna burst, but Blueblood put his hoof on her shoulder and shook his head.

"go get your friends, we will want to keep them in the loop, especially since we have much to discuss."

"Oh fine, but I have so many questions," Twilight huffed as she charged a teleport, and then was gone.

"You seem really calm about this," Blueblood said to the jester, still sitting on the floor.

"After what I've witnessed, this is nothing."

"You gonna bother telling me?"

"no."

"what about the souls bound to the cup, gonna tell me how you came by them?"

"no."

"what can you tell me?"

"The purple one, she seems like she almost worships books, I can't tell what she'd do if she knew half what I know."

"her name is Twilight Sparkle, and I'm Blueblood, what's yours?"

"simply call me the jester, if my clothes are anything to go by," The jester said, gesturing to the old costume, the frilly hat, the mask, the baggy pants, and shirt.

"What does your friend go by?"

"abomination."

"More history?"

"heh, when he comes back, I'll see if he'll share, but for now the floor is getting cold."

Blueblood nodded and they set out for the throne room, walking in silence, Blueblood wanted to know more, the way the jester walked, said more then he let on, the way the jester was stepping as though a trap was underfoot, it spoke of either many traps, or poking around at pitch dark, secondly the almost ghost-like way he moved, making no sounds at all, soon though, they made it too the thrones, Blueblood decided that if he wanted answers, he would need something to loosen his lips, so he went to the kitchen.

"MONSTER!!!" A high pitched female voice, shouted before the jester felt something impact his chest, a few ribs breaking under the stress.

"RAINBOW NO!!!" Twilight called out, galloping in with the rest of the girls.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAhAHAA," the jester cackled holding his chest.

"Rainbow, what was that," Twilight demanded.

"Look at him, I thought he was a monster, besides I don't think I did that much damage," Rainbow said.

"his breathing, you broke six of his ribs," Fluttershy said, putting her ear to his chest.

"Get nurse red heart," Twilight said.

"No need, I got all the medicine I need right here," the jester said, pulling out the cup and waving a sign over the cup, it filling with gold liquid, before downing it.

Fluttershy held her mouth as she put her ear to the jester's chest again, hearing the bones pop back into place, as his heart rate sped up.

"Don't bother asking him many questions, turns out that whatever he knows, magically or otherwise, he is refusing to divulge," Blueblood said, causing everyone in the room except twilight to glare at him.