• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 1,523 Views, 15 Comments

Fated - dragenfire68



our fates were written since the day we were born and the day we died, but at the end, the joke was not on us, and our destiny had become unraveled, and unwritten, here we are free.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,523

merit

Twilight could not believe her spell had worked as well as it had, she meant only to lift the memories from the cup, but an entire soul, that demanded to be written down, but something tugged at her memory, the girl was so young, what had caused her to lose her life?

"Hey, I noticed that you seem like a teenager, barely into your twenties, how did you die?" Twilight asked the waif.

"my death is not for the faint of heart, but since you asked, here it is," she answered, before clapping her hands together and raising an orb above her head, where it opened on a scene from the girls perspective, they were down at the docks, from her viewpoint they saw a young man, his features sharp, and stoic, almost handsome, but the creatures below him, they were nightmares made flesh, their sharp needle bloodstained teeth, large soulless eyes, and scaled flesh, he was making a bargain with them.

"I need treasures from your domain, to bring forth your god, in return, I'll hand over the treasured relic." The man, who Twilight assumed was the ancestor, said.

"We require something more if you're going to bring about our god, we need a suitable female body, do you have the stomach surface dweller?" The lead fish said, in a watery garble.

"I have the sacrifice right here, its been watching us, I also have the relic." He said, as a strong pair of hands pulled her hands behind her back and bound them in chains, pulling her forward, into the light of the moon, the Ancestor smiling as she was bound to a strange stone, and with a small push, the Icy water closed in around her head, and then the memory cut.

"I drowned, but that did not stop them from Cursing my dead body, and trapping my soul inside it, bound to carry out their twisted machinations until I was defeated at the hands of the jester." The waif said, her bright eyes filled with hatred for the ancestor.

The implications of her story had caused all of them to stare at her, before she turned back to the goblet, and started floating around it, she seemed interested in it until she nodded and spoke to it.

"Alright, I'll sing, he will need us here," she said to the goblet before she touched one of the gems in it and flashed away, in a few seconds though, a haunting lilting melody echoed out from it, causing all of them to shake their heads, the goblet not moving but the singing from it still sounded, it was unobtrusive, in the background.

"princess, We've never seen anything like her or any of that, but you seem to know what she is, what all of this is," Nexus asked, causing Twilight to take a deep breath before she cast a sound dampening spell over the entire castle.

"What I'm about to tell you is only need to know, your not to report this to any commanding officer, in fact by telling you this, You will become my first official guards, reporting to only me, understand," Twilight said, her face still as stone.

"yes, ma'am," they replied in unison, excited to be serving the only princess, that according to the barracks stationed in Canterlot, had more excitement happen in a day then a week in canterlot.

"Alright, come with me then," Twilight said, leading the two to the ancient mirror that was powered by the journal, the entire contraption confusing them immensely.

"what is it?" Fyre said, looking up and down it.

"This is a portal to a different dimension, one full of beings called humans, just like the one that was in front of us, but I think she was from a different time."

This caused the guards to look at each other with confusion, they had never heard of a dimension mirror or any magic that could do such a thing, Fyre sorely wanted to ask if she was sure, but Twilight had already taken the book down, jotted a few notes and put it back when the Portal started glowing, and soon a fiery-headed Pony stepped down from two legs on four.

"you said you have an emergency?" the unicorn said.

"guards meet Sunset shimmer, and Sunset meet Nexus nebula and Fyre bright, they are gonna be my new guards," Twilight said, before motioning for Fyre and Nexus to follow, leading Sunset to the goblet.

"guards, well that's a step up, what convinced you to take them on," Sunset questioned.

"this, it's a human trinket, yet it's laced in magic, but not any that I've ever seen, or felt."

"Human, how do you know?"

"I found a way to talk to a soul that is bound to it, and she came from the Human world, but I don't think their humans from the mirror."

"So I take it you want my experience in being human to help you track down the human that is here?"

"Humans, there are two," Nexus said before Twilight could.

"Two humans, in Equestria, interesting, by the way, how old did they look?" Sunset asked Nexus and Fyre

"The one in chains looked about Twenty-five, and the other well, his mask, and clothes hid his age well." Nexus said.

"Adults, so no Teens from my home, alright then, do you know how long they have been here," sunset asked.

"Well, there haven't been any reports of strange creatures that look like Humans in the last week, so I think they have been here may be at least two days, maybe three," Fyre said.

"Three days, they will need food, so here will be the first place they come, probably under the shroud of darkness, They will fear us more then we do them, most likely live somewhere in the forest, we will need to approach them with caution if we are to make contact, we startle them, they will most likely flee," Sunset said, her time on the streets of canterlot giving her an insight.

"Luna, she can help us, she can enter their dreams, and if she can gain their trust, it will make it easier to make contact with them," Twilight said.

"Alright, you write that letter, I'm gonna go back through the portal, I got work after school for the next few days, so my help will be limited for a while, but after then, I can use my three days off to help you," Sunset said, before going through the portal.

"There are a couple of beds here in the castle, I can show you because as of now, I'm taking you on as my guards, You're free to do as you wish, but tell no one what you learned here today," Twilight said, as she opened the doors.

She showed them their temporary rooms before leaving them to their devices, everything they learned today tired them out immensely, so they went straight to bed, while Twilight got the paperwork ready, one was a letter addressed to Luna, and the other was the papers necessary to transfer the new ponies to her garrison, while she trusted they would tell no one what they learned, she still felt that in canterlot or any big city, there are a lot of unseen ears, and they can hear things that they shouldn't, the last thing Equestria needed was a way for villainy to have a place to hide, outside Equestria's jurisdiction, leaving Sunset to hunt down these menaces, so she would have them stationed here in ponyville where the ponies here guarded her secrets with great zeal, and jealousy.