• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 1,526 Views, 15 Comments

Fated - dragenfire68



our fates were written since the day we were born and the day we died, but at the end, the joke was not on us, and our destiny had become unraveled, and unwritten, here we are free.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,526

Dazed

We followed the trail as best we could while staying as far off the main road as we could get, my heightened senses making the trail easy to follow, that is until the jester stopped dead.

"what is it, a monster, Ponies?" I asked, unsure why he stopped until I heard a melody, a haunting echo, I knew that melody, it echoed incessantly from the coves, but this time instead of pressing sensation in my head that clouded my thoughts, I found that my instincts were sharper, my senses heightened, my thoughts less scattered.

"Neither, If I understand the history behind the siren, the poor thing was a Soul bound inside the body of a monster, this must be the magic of the pure human soul, and she is calling me," the jester said, look in the direction that the sound was coming from.

"So do we go by day and take our chances, or do we wait till the fall of night?"

"We will wait till night, I trust not the sun."

So we waited and waited until the noon sun was high above our heads, but getting the cup would have to be rushed because of a low growl that echoed around the makeshift camp we set, causing the beast within to bash against the cage inside my mind.

"Jester, go for the cup, while I entertain our FRIEND!!!" I said as I opened the door, letting the beast free, while the jester nodded and ran off, my hideous roar echoing all around, challenging the thing that dared trespass.

*P.O.V. Jester*

It did not take long for me to find the source, it came from a ridiculous castle made of the most blinding crystal, luckily, there was a tree nearby a window, from it, I saw them, the ponies that took my cup, and something that looked like a cross between the two, and royalty from the looks on the faces of the two that followed her.

Great, first I work for a lord, now I'm gonna piss off a... Princess, or maybe a queen, oh well doesn't matter, I want that cup back. I think to my self as I slip into the open window, silently landing on the floor, making sure to cautiously step towards the cup, standing on the display, of course, given my luck, as soon as I am within arm's length, I hear voices.

"The one in chains looked about Twenty-five, and the other well, his mask, and clothes hid his age well." one of the voices said, male from the sound.

"If only they knew the truth about the abomination, I highly doubt he's just twenty-five, Honestly I don't think he even remembers what his age is however as for my age, I never bothered keeping count." I think, as I silently run towards a closet, before shutting myself in, making sure to stay as hidden as I could, not paying attention to the conversation, instead I simply waited for them to leave, but staying in one place drives me crazy, guess I'll nap too pass the time, I close my eyes and rapidly nod off.

Dark woods surrounded me, the clamminess of sodden dirt giving me a hint, so I open my eyes and I look around for the damned fungus that invades the hamlet, but looking around I see none, instead I see a light far from me causing me to start walking towards it, I hadn't noticed I stood up, Soon I was close to the fire, but I was not alone, instead, a young woman sat, tending the fire, I sit next to her, the fire warm on my skin.

"Hello, my child, Glad you could make it," the strange women said, yet I know her, I've seen her in many places.

"I've seen you before, but I can't place where, don't tell me though, I don't want any spoilers."

"I know, just sit and reflect with me"

we said nothing as the fire grew, it was nothing at first, but soon events flashed in the flames, me taking down the siren, the hag, and the drowned crew, then finally dying to the heart of darkness, suddenly who this was finally clicked.

"You're God aren't you?"

"sharp as ever, but I cannot stay long, I have other meetings, to set up, and time is short."

"I take it that I did not simply show up here for reflection, if you wanted as much, you would have simply pointed something my way, so what is it you want."

"To give you the most powerful thing to be bestowed, A promise from a god, that this life while is going to be hard, but it will be nothing like before, The eldritch cannot touch this world, and I will make sure that it stays that way."

"How are you gonna manage that, if the stories are true, then aren't the eldritch gods even more powerful?"

"That's the catch, they are so powerful that they need mortals to help spread their influence because they cannot manifest themselves on the mortal plane, it cannot handle the stress, so they use mortals to manifest only fractions of their power, but here there are no signs of their influence, they overlooked this place, long enough for its own established gods and demons, which makes this place eldritch proof."

"what about you, I know that if anything saw your true form, our eyes would burn out."

"the ponies already have embraced the full power of light and love, their magic rejects eldritch influence."

"speaking of gods, I thought God cannot interfere in a mortals life?"

"On earth, that is true, but you already died, so as of now, I'm free to give my guidance and protection, since I'm not omnipotent here."

"Ya know, for being God, you are pretty straightforward."

"standing tall in the face of complete annihilation deserves some kind of reward, letting you live out the rest of your extended lives in a place that isn't crawling with eldritch."

"the non-obtuse answers?"

"here, in the land called Equestria I am strong, yes, but I only know as much as you two do, so to help keep you alive, I give aid."

I simply raise my eyebrow under my mask, she now gives aid freely, I remember the crusader, the flagellant and the vestal going to the church and not getting jack shit, but here I am, A guy who played with loaded dice got shitfaced, and slept with many a woman, getting free fucking aid from god herself.

"Well, I don't know what I did better than the religious nuts, but I'm thankful."

"They only did what they did was to curry favor into heaven, but you fought the dark to make life less terrible, so doing life-threatening endeavors for free is to invite your destruction, we'll meet again because your about to get a crash course into this world's culture."

With that, the world got suddenly blinding bright, causing me to close my eyes, that is until the light faded and the cool floor of the closet reminding me where I napped, but I felt cool air moving over me, and I looked up into the huge eyes of a purple creature, Unicorn and Pegasus at the same time by the looks of it.

"Uh..... I come in peace?"