• Published 12th Sep 2018
  • 1,526 Views, 15 Comments

Fated - dragenfire68



our fates were written since the day we were born and the day we died, but at the end, the joke was not on us, and our destiny had become unraveled, and unwritten, here we are free.

  • ...
6
 15
 1,526

compassion

The creaking of a wooden carriage roused me from my slumber, at least I thought it was slumber until I realized that I was knocked out and from the sounds of it thrown into a wooden cage, from the spikes pressing into my flesh I assume I changed back, but where I am I have no idea, so I grasp around with my eyes still closed and feel bars, which I pull on the metal in my hands bending, however, something told me I want to wait to reach where ever I'm going.

"It's no use monster after we reach Canterlot, You'll be destroyed," a mysterious voice said in front of me.

I say nothing, I'm not about to give this cretin anything of a response, I'm going to let him assume I'm damaged in the brain or a simple beast, either way, I'm staying silent, and silent I stayed, at least until they threw me into another cage, flying this time which impresses me, I doubted they had the strength but they proved me wrong.

"Don't worry about being destroyed, they don't have the capacity, at least the one they are taking you to." A soft sing-song voice spoke in my mind.

"that is not what I'm worried about, this being the worst thing to happen since I got here, and having god herself to guide me, this all seems way too convenient, too easy, The eldritch gods and their followers are tenacious," I reply.

"but your still human, and I know humans, you lot are more tenacious, cunning, enduring, and ruthless than the eldritch, you lot conquered the heart of darkness, and I know that humanity will continue to do so again, and again.

"looks like my journey is over anyway, seems like there is a hidden cave under the castle."

"Clever, I'll meet you in the capital when the time is right, and trust me, I'll know for now simply wait however if I'm wrong don't hesitate to defend yourself, do what you can to stay alive." with that, her presence drifted away, leaving me alone, but that's fine because not long after, I was thrown into a dark cell, which suited me fine, it reminded me of delves into the dark, where they relied on my eyes to see the glittering gold in the dying torchlight, unlike those times I'm not the one who is delving, I'm the one who is waiting, so I pull the cloak closer and wrap the chain closer around my thin form and put my back to the cell door.

*Ponyville, Third person*

Twilight said nothing as the young woman standing in front of her just came in, the door closing behind her, Twilight shook herself outta her shock, the power the woman radiated reminded her of Celestia for some reason, she turned around as the stranger walked into the map room, Twilight scrambled to follow her.

"Hey Mom, I was wondering when you'd show up in person, you've been busy though," The Jester grinned at the stranger, though the stranger gave more a small smile when a child is acting like a fool, which turned into a small frown.

"You should not have revealed as much as you did, invoking their names brings destruction, but the spirits of the cup, poor girl, are exempt from this rule, plus I knew Twilight had pulled her soul out of the cup, I am God, after all, I know as much as you two," God grinned back, her frown disappearing.

Twilight looked at this woman with wonder, blue blood was curious but remained stoic, the rest of the girls were confused.

"Alright Twi, there is a lot of things going on here, and I know that you and blood, plus these two know a lot more than you're letting on," Rainbow Dash said.

"well the reason why I invited you here was so we could search for this guy and his friend, but I didn't think that the Soul bound inside the cup could be lifted, so when I did, it called out to him and brought him here, I don't know where the other one is, but we were supposed to go help find them, plus I had to employ two guards in the castle," Twilight explained.

"Why?"

"because miss dash, if other ponies knew about the mirror, they could use it to escape the jurisdiction of Equestria and escape into the other world, I know that miss shimmer escaped to it, but managed to turn her life around, but I'm sure that a few of the lesser nobles would see this as a way to escape Celestia's watch, but unlike miss shimmer, the noble class is extremely stupid," Fyre bright said as she came into the map room.

"honestly, one world to another and the ruling class thinks that they know everything, bah I slew my ruling class, and what a show, a little goblet laced with deadly poison, a knife here and a sickle chop there, off came there hands, and off came there arms, then finally the crescendo foot and a half-spear right down the middle," The jester said with a manic tone, hands on the edge of the map.

"you killed your rulers, why," Blueblood asked, his eyes narrowed.

"Why, you asked why I would raise a hand against those that abused me, mocked me, made me the well of their cruelty," the jester said, heaving almost like he was foaming at the mouth.

"Shhh, They are gone now, and I don't condemn you for what you've done, I'll do the talking," God said quietly, none of them noticing that she moved, her hand on his shoulder.

"you're right, I just need a drink," The jester said, as he pulled the goblet out and with a wave of his hand over the top, it was filled with a golden liquid once more, this caused the girls to bristle with questions, but the jester simply took to downing the cup.

"Alright, Who are you, you claim you're a god to these humans, I can tell your magic is very powerful, but how did you convince these humans that your their god," Blueblood asked, hoping that this stranger would take the bait.

"Watch this, and I promise that I will put them back," God said as she closed her hands, and with her celestial magic, took both sun and moon from the heavens.

"Uh... Blue the sun went out, and the moon is gone, I can't find them," Rainbow said, flying up the window when the darkness fell.

"They didn't go out, their right here, such powerful objects really, but does this convince you?"

they all looked at the woman, who now held in her hands both celly's sun and lulu's moon, Twilight was curious most of all, since the only being that could do something like this was currently, well she had no idea but unlike Discord, this woman radiated mystery and power, which she showed once more when she closed her hands and suddenly bright light was pouring through the open window, but the young woman now had a strange look on her face.

"y-yes, But how did you come to be in such high authority to these humans," Blue asked, this woman is more powerful than he imagined.

"I did things I'm not proud of when I was younger, I flooded the world of man in punishment for his sin against me, I murdered all the firstborn of Egypt as the last plague after I rained nine others down on them, I razed Sodom and Gomorrah with Fire and brimstone, I was angry and vengeful," God admitted, her eyes never wavering from the floor, everyone but the jester and Blueblood speechless, while none of the girls could believe that Celestia would do those things, Blueblood knew differently, Luna as Nightmare Moon had razed Hundreds of villages during the night, from small settlements to blossoming cities, Celestia had hidden the secrets well, but luckily blue and his comrades have a very long life, and it was time to show them what he was.

"I understand, Luna did something she isn't proud of either, when you talk to her you can ask her about them, but for now I got something I have to show you, girls," Blue Blood said, as he reached for his amulet with his magic, hidden from them under his cloak that he hadn't taken off, he unclasped the amulet and in that instant, he was gone from everyone's view except Fluttershy, Twilight, God and the jester, the rest saw nothing, but from the looks on the faces of the others, they knew something was there.

"YOU'RE A THESTRAL," Twilight shouted after a few minutes of silence.