• Published 1st Aug 2012
  • 3,406 Views, 58 Comments

Ponies Suck... - PegasYs



... at watching movies.

  • ...
6
 58
 3,406

Back to the Future

Dusting it off slightly, I stuck the DVD into the drive on my tv, preparing for the movie to boot up. Tonight’s selection would be Back to the Future. My guests of honor should be arriving anytime now. I walked over to the microwave and placed a bag of popcorn inside, in preparation for tonight’s gathering.

As the popcorn started to show its first signs of popping, my thoughts began to drift. My guests seemed extremely eager to come to my house for movie night. It seemed like such a hassle, considering the great spacial and temporal distance they would have to travel to get here. I guess that just made the theme of tonight’s movie all the more interesting.

Just as the popcorn was almost done popping, I heard a loud rapping on the front door, followed by loud whispering. I took the hot bag of popped kernels and set it out onto the table. That must be them! Humming slightly on the way to the door, I opened it up to greet my special guests of honor into my humble abode.

“Welcome, welcome! It’s an honor to have you all here!” The six acquaintances filed their way into my apartment, taking a look around at their surroundings. They were all slightly higher than my waist, choosing to walk on hour legs rather than on their back legs, like humans do. It suited them well, considering they were small equines. (ponies)

The purple-ish one turned to me, “Thanks for inviting us, I can’t wait to sit down and watch a movie! It will be such a great experience! I’ve never seen a movie before; we don’t have this kind of technology in Equestria. I hope I will be able to document this event for the future. Oh, this is so exciting!”

The pink one bounced toward the purple one, and bonked her on the head, “You know, Twilight, we wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for this kind of technology! Everypony knows that!” When in fact, nopony else did.

“I’ve just popped fresh popcorn! Please join me, we will start the movie shortly.” I grabbed the bowl of horribly burnt corn, and jumped onto my small sofa. The six ponies joined me, the blue one with the rainbow mane chose to sit on one side of the sofa, with the pink one sitting on my left side. The one named Twilight took the recliner, and the white one sprawled out on my loveseat, that was perpendicular to my big sofa, on the rightmost wall. The orange one sat on a stool I kept in the corner of the room, and the yellow one sat on the floor.

I hoped these ponies knew just how in to movies I got. Nobody messes with me during movie time. I grabbed the remote, and pressed play on the DVD screen. The screen went black. All the horses in attendance let out a simultaneous “Ooh” in amazement.

Oh, god… the annoying THX screen, with that really obnoxious sound affect was coming up. The loud cacophony of stringed instruments blasted from the speakers, grating my ears, and making me feel generally unhappy.

“Um… Mister? The sounds are too loud. Could you… maybe…” The yellow one was speaking to me.

“Spit it out, the movie’s starting!” Her voice was annoying on my ears, almost as bad as that god-awful THX sound.

“Could you please turn it down?” She gave me a weird smile, and a strange sound that I could only describe as a “Squee” came out.

“Alright, I’ll turn it down.” I took the remote and lowered the volume.

“Aw, come on! Now it’s too quiet!” The other winged one complained.

I sighed, “Alright, I’ll turn it up a little.”

“Uh, sir…” The yellow one!

“What now?”

“Now it’s too loud again…”

“Tough, I’m not changing it” She shut up.

The orange one started to speak, “Great, now c’n we please watch this here movie?” Since when did ponies have accents?

“I agree with Buckaroo Slim over there, let’s just watch the movie…” Silence.


“Great Scott!” Ah, what a great movie, I don’t know a single person who ever said they didn’t like Back to the Future. We were at the scene just before the Doc gets shot, where the dog goes in the car to the future. The car with the bad guys pulls up, and they are just about to shoot him…

“Wait!” The pink one suddenly yelled out at the top of her lungs.

“Ugh, what do you need?”

“I have to use the bathroom, stop the movie so I don’t miss anything!”

“Alright, but hurry up, I don’t want to wait too long. It’s down the hall to the left.” She stood up from the sofa and walked down the hall, closing the door behind her.

The other five just sat there awkwardly, waiting for their annoyingly pink friend to come back. I heard the toilet flush. She came back and plopped back down on her place on the couch.

“Alright, let’s get this party goin’!” I pressed play, and just as I did so, the bullets hit the Doc right in the chest!

“Pardon me, I have to use the restroom as well.” Twilight interrupted.

“What!? Why didn’t you say something earlier?”

“The room was so quiet, I didn’t want to break the silence.” At least she was honest.

I gritted my teeth, and stopped the movie again. She trotted down the hallway.

“Alright, anybody else?” They all raised their hooves. Even the pink one…

I looked at her and gave her a look, “really?”

“Hey, I had a lot to drink on the way here!”

“…alright, we’ll wait until everyone’s finished, and then we’ll start the movie again…”


“Ugh, look at her fashion! Really tacky if you ask me… and why the hell does that McFly fellow run around with that gaudy orange jacket on? I’ve seen better clothing styles in outlet malls in Manehatten…”

The white one had been talking for several minutes now, judging ever single person’s clothing choice that showed up on the screen.

“Excuse me, miss horse… could you shut the hell up?”

“Well, I never! I am a LADY! You shall treat me with some respect! Doesn’t even have a place to be so rude, just look at the way he lives…”

Oh. My. God.

“Ugh… Please, miss…”

“Rarity.”

“Miss Rarity, could you please be so kind as to shut the hell up, please?” She opened her mouth, as if to speak, but then thought better of it, and decided to turn and watch the rest of the movie.


We were now halfway through. Twilight was scribbling down notes with a floating pencil, but I let that pass, it wasn’t particularly annoying. The pink one kept changing positions, which was bugging me. Buckaroo Slim pulled out an apple from freaking nowhere and started chewing on it rather loudly. I was seriously about to explode and force them all out of my house, just so I could finish the rest of the movie in peace.

“Wait, wait, wait… This McFly guy, has a time machine, right? Why can’t he just go back to before the Doc gets shot, and save him?” The flamboyantly designed horse interjected.

“Seriously, have you even paying attention to what’s been going on?” I paused the movie.

“Well, all I’m saying is it seems like he’s wasting a lot of time in the 50’s, when he could be using the time to be saving the old guy.”

“I… you… I don’t even… What is wrong with you?” She looked over her body.

“Nothing, I just don’t understand what this guy’s motivation is…”

“Ugh… alright, quick recap…”

I spent the next thirty minutes explaining to Miss Fruity about why he was in the past. She just nodded her head, after asking for the third time why his parents named him something stupid like Marty.

“Oh, I get it now! So, why doesn’t he just buy some more plutonium or whatever?”

“…Just sit down and watch the movie.”

“Heh, alright.” She plopped down on the couch, and almost instantly fell asleep. She was snoring really loudly.


The movie was over and the credits began to roll. The ponies all began to move from their positions.

“So, what did you all think?”

The purple one spoke, “It was amazing! I sure hope we can do this again sometime! The more I study, the better!” They all nodded their heads in agreement.

“…yeah, I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen, get out of my house before I call animal control.”