• Published 28th Jun 2018
  • 1,490 Views, 66 Comments

A Case of Mystery and Love - cheerful9



When the ponies are tasked to find a missing draconequus, they team up with Discord. During their adventure, Fluttershy feels something that she has never felt before with Discord. The feeling of love. Will it be enough to solve this case?

  • ...
6
 66
 1,490

Ch.2-Urgent Message

Ch. 2-Urgent Message

It all begins one morning in Ponyville as ponies were bustling around doing their daily things. What was different this time was that there were draconequuses in Ponyville too and the ponies didn’t seem to mind them.

The reason why there were draconequuses in their town is was because of what happened a month ago, Twilight and her friends found out that Discord wasn’t the only one of his kind. They traveled to the Chaos Realm, which was the home for the draconequus race, and Discord was reunited with his family. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna met and spoke to the rulers of the Chaos Realm, King Disconcert and Queen Disarray, who were also Discord’s parents. They agreed that since Discord had learned to use his magic for good and learned about friendship, then other draconequuses should be friends with ponies too.

Ever since the agreement, ponies and draconequuses have been able to live in peace and harmony. In fact, some of the draconequuses chose to live in Equestria and use their magic for good to help ponies.

During that time at Friendship Castle, the Mane Six, Spike, Starlight Glimmer, and the CMC were discussing important things. Twilight was telling the CMC the story about what draconequuses were like long ago.

“Long ago, before ponies lived in harmony, before Star Swirl the Bearded, Celestia, or Luna were ever born, the draconequuses were not the same way they are now.” Twilight said as she showed the ponies and dragon a history book with a picture of some draconequuses who looked vicious and bloodthirsty. “They were once savage, ruthless creatures that killed and ate whatever they could get their paws on. They had instincts similar to timberwolves and other predators here in Equestria. During that time, they had no idea how to use magic because their brains hadn’t developed yet. Even without their magic, they were still pretty dangerous.”

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash popped up behind the CMC’s and said, “ROARRRRRR!” The CMC screamed in surprise and Rainbow Dash pretended that she was attacked while rolling on the floor.

She held out her tongue and said, “Bleah. Blood, blood, blood! And... death.” She pretended that blood was squirting out of her stomach and then laughed at the CMC. “Ha ha, ha! You should have seen the look on your faces!”

Applejack rolled her eyes while Rarity raised her eyebrows in surprise at the display that Rainbow Dash was putting on. Pinkie Pie seemed to be enjoying the whole scene as she also pretended that she was being mauled by a savage draconequus and that her guts spewed everywhere. Spike’s eyes were wide with amazement and terror after everything Twilight had just said.

Fluttershy covered her mouth with both hooves in shock as Starlight Glimmer looked at the CMC, who were trembling in fear.

Twilight glared at Rainbow Dash. “This isn’t a joke, Rainbow!”

“Aw come on, Twilight! It was just a bit of fun.” Rainbow Dash said while smiling.

“As I was saying-”

However, Pinkie Pie still kept acting like she was being ripped limb from limb. She had her tongue sticking out while her eyes rolled around and made choking noises.

“Pinkie! Will ya knock it off already!?” Applejack said while frowning.

“Sorry! Just getting in the mood.” Pinkie Pie said before sitting back down as Twilight continued.

“As I was saying, draconequuses were pretty monstrous back then. However, as time passed, they evolved beyond their primitive instincts and began to use their magic. Now they are the creatures we know today.”

Once she was done, the CMC stopped trembling as Fluttershy sat beside them, trying to calm them down.

Apple Bloom smiled with relief as she turned to her friends and said, “I’m sure glad that the draconequuses are no longer savage.”

Scootaloo nodded in agreement. “Yeah. I knew draconequuses were terrifying with their chaos magic, but I never knew that they were that scary.”

Sweetie Belle smiled and said, “I’m glad that ponies and draconequuses are now living together as friends.”

Pinkie Pie excitedly said, “So now that we’re done, can we go do something fun now?”

Just then, Spike looked like he was about to throw up. He then belched a letter in a torrent of fire.

Spike handed the letter to Twilight, who opened it and read it carefully as the others watched.

“What does it say?” Starlight Glimmer asked.

Twilight finished reading it and said, “It says-”

All of a sudden, Pinkie Pie popped right up between Twilight and the letter. She looked at the letter with an eager grin. “What does it say?! What does it say?! I wanna see!” she asked as she tried to read the letter.

Rainbow Dash had to push Pinkie Pie down so Twilight could tell them what it was.

Twilight says, “Princess Celestia has asked us to come to Canterlot right away.”

Confused, Rarity asks, “Whatever for?”

“The letter says it’s really important and she would like to discuss it with all of us.”

Once Twilight finished, her friends all looked at each other and realized that something important was happening and that Princess Celestia has summoned them to report to Canterlot immediately.


As they traveled to the train station, they noticed ponies and draconequuses selling goods and talking to each other in the marketplace. The draconequuses were in all different shapes, sizes, and animal parts. A young filly and a draconequus cub run by, laughing as they played a game of tag. Fluttershy smiled as she watched.

“Isn’t it so nice to see young ponies and draconequuses get along so well?” she asked.

Rarity nodded in agreement and replied, “Oh, certainly. It’s great to see them getting along without a problem.”

Just then, they saw a female draconequus unpacking some belongings. The draconequus had the head of a cheetah, emerald eyes, the body of a snake, and the tail of a fox. Her right arm belonged to that of an amphibian, while her left arm was similar to that of a mongoose. As for her legs, the right one was a goat leg and the left one was of a white wolf. Her right wing was a dragon’s wing and the left wing was a vulture’s wing.

Pinkie Pie gasped in joy and immediately rushed up to the cheetah draconequus, who yelped in surprise.

“HI THERE!!” Pinkie Pie shouted with a huge grin. “I’M PINKIE PIE!! ARE YOU NEW HERE?”

The ponies and baby dragon quickly rushed up to them and pulled Pinkie Pie aside.

“Sorry about that.” Twilight said to the cheetah draconequus. “She gets excited when new visitors come to town.”

The cheetah draconequus smiled. “Oh, that’s all right. No harm done.”

“Well, I’m glad that there’s a new resident in Ponyville.” Twilight said before introducing herself. “By the way, I’m Twilight Sparkle.”

Rarity gracefully walked forward and said, “My name is Rarity.”

Rainbow Dash smiled as she said, “I’m Rainbow Dash.”

Applejack shook the cheetah draconequi’s hand as she said, “Mah name’s Applejack. It’s a pleasure to meet ya.”

As Pinkie Pie was about to introduce herself again, Rainbow Dash covered her mouth with her hoof and said, “And you’ve already met Pinkie Pie.”

After Starlight Glimmer, Spike, and the CMC introduced themselves, Fluttershy was the last one to introduce herself, although she said it in a hushed voice.

The cheetah draconequus playfully pinched Fluttershy’s cheek as she cheerfully said, “Oh aren’t you the cutest thing?” Fluttershy blushed at the compliment. “My name is Antic. Discord has told me a lot about you guys.”

“You know Discord?” Fluttershy said with surprise.

“Of course I do. I’m one of his sisters.” Antic said as she unloaded more stuff.

The ponies and baby dragon were surprised when they heard this. Rainbow Dash was the first to speak up. “Now wait a minute,” Rainbow Dash said. “You’re one of Discord’s sisters?”

After unloading a tea set, Antic replied, “Yes. Is there something?”

Rarity, trying her best not to be rude, said, “Well, it’s just that you don’t look anything like him, or the rest of his family.”

Applejack nodded and said, “Yeah. Most of his family have the head of the pony and you have the head of a cheetah. Now how’s that possible?”

“Well,” Antic said as she unloaded a box with medical equipment. “Dad’s great, great, great great, great grandfather was a tiger draconequus. And mom’s third cousin’s brother’s wife’s step-niece’s great-aunt twice removed was a cheetah draconequus. And that makes sense, right?”

The other ponies were trying to figure out how that worked, but Pinkie Pie understood apparently. “Yep! Makes sense!” she said with a smile.

“So what brings yah to Ponyville, Antic?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Oh, I’m here because I’m applying for a position at the Ponyville Hospital. I’ve been learning how to use medical magic and healing spells so I can help patients. Right now, I’m working at a desk job. But they told me that if I do well with my job, I’ll become a full doctor.” Antic said with glee.

“Gosh.” Fluttershy said. “That’s sounds great.”

“Aw, thank you.” Antic said. “I can see why Discord likes you as a friend. He did say you were cute and beautiful.”

After Antic said that, Fluttershy looked up as she raised her eyebrows. “Discord said what?”

Realizing that she said too much, Antic covered her mouth with her left paw before she said, “Oops! Sorry about that! I have a tendency to blurt things out like that-”

“Oh that’s okay.” Fluttershy said while blushing.

Twilight, realizing they had somewhere important to be, spoke up. “We would love to stay and chat, but we have to go somewhere important.”

Antic shrugged and smiled. “I understand. I have things I have to take care of too.”

“Be sure to tell Discord I said hi!” Fluttershy said as they left.

“Sure thing.” Antic said with a smile before unpacking another box. Once the ponies and baby dragon were out of sight, she sighed. “My brother totally deserves her.”


As the ponies and Spike walked to the train station, they passed a male, light brown earth pony. He wore a brown tweed suit, a white shirt, and a red tie. He had brown eyes, short and neatly combed black hair, a long black tail, a small mole on his upper cheek, and a 5 o’clock shadow beard. For his cutie mark, it was a brown teddy bear.

“Good morning, Mr. Hoof.” Twilight said with a smile,

The pony, who was Mr. Hoof, turned to them and smiled. “Ahhhhh. Goodmorning,” He said in a mumbling voice. Mr. Hoof was an odd pony and was rather eccentric. He had a tendency to cause a bit of trouble wherever he went (sometimes intentionality or by mistake). He always spoke in a low mumbling voice, but everypony could understand him.

A minute later, they arrived at the train station. The train to Canterlot had not yet arrived, but it would be there any moment now. As they waited in line to get their tickets, nopony noticed the Thief slinking around the station. He was looking for loose bits or other things ponies might have dropped.

“Okay, Rarity. You got the money?” He heard Twilight say to Rarity.

“Indeed I have,” Rarity said holding up a purse filled with several accessories, which she didn’t really need. The Thief poked his head around and saw the ponies and baby dragon. He noticed that Rarity’s purse was open, and he saw what was in it.

A sack of bits!” He thought to himself in joy. “This must be my lucky day.” He slowly crept up behind the ponies and the fact that they were at the end of the line so nopony could see him steal was an extra stroke of luck.

Twilight and her friends didn’t notice the Thief creeping up behind them. Once he was right behind Rarity, he almost fainted from the smell of all the perfume Rarity had in her purse. The moment he grabbed the sack of bits, which Rarity was going for at the same time. Soon the two of them touched hooves.

Rarity gasped in surprise when she saw that the Thief was trying to reach into her bag. “Oops.” the Thief thought to himself. Rarity screamed in surprise just as the Thief managed to snatch her entire purse and make a run for it.

HelloNicetoseeyougoodbye!” He thought as Rarity made a swipe at him.

“What the hay is going on here?” Applejack said with a surprised look.

“Stop! THIEF! HOOLIGAN! Do you how much that shampoo cost me?!” Rarity shouted angrily.

Spike recognized him at once. “It’s the Thief!” he shouted.

Starlight Glimmer said, “He’s got all our money!”

“And all my accessories!” A distraught Rarity wailed.

“I’ll get him!” Rainbow Dash shouted before she flew after the Thief.

“Hurry, Rainbow!” Twilight called back. “The train will be here any minute!”

The Thief saw Rainbow Dash right on his tail. He ran as fast as his long skinny legs could go.

Nearby, Mr. Hoof was taking a getting ready to take a picture of his teddy bear, who was sitting on a stool. One of the the tripod’s legs was replaced with a plunger that he had 'borrowed’ earlier. Even though he was often idiotic, Mr. Hoof was very resourceful.

Just then, as he turned around to get something, the Thief ran right past him, grabbing the camera. Mr. Hoof didn't seem to hear the Thief or Rainbow Dash, who zoomed right past him. As soon as he turned around, he placed his hoof where the camera was only to realize that the it wasn't there.

He immediately looked around to see where his camera had gone. He then saw the Thief running off with his camera and gasped in horror before running after him. But first, he went back to his teddy and said, “Stayrightthere.” He then ran after the Thief again. “OI! That’sMYcamera!”

The Thief ran down the Ponyville marketplace with Rainbow Dash and Mr. Hoof in hot pursuit. He managed to ditch Rainbow Dash by sneaking through an alleyway.

As the Thief congratulated himself, Mr. Hoof tackled him and they both rolled down a very steep hill in a tangled up mess.

Oof! Ow!”

“Camerathief!”

As they tumbled down the hill, the camera took snapshots of them as they tumbled on each other.

Finally, they both crashed into a bush. The Thief decided that stealing a purse was much easier than stealing a camera from an eccentric nut. Mr. Hoof was dizzy, but he was glad to have his camera back.

Soon the Thief was running away from Rainbow Dash again, who had caught up with him.

“Come back here with our bits, you little weasel!”

Pant. Pant. What does this pony eat to make her go so fast?!

Finally Rainbow Dash grabbed a hold of the purse and began to fly. The Thief, however, wasn't going to give up that easily. While in the air, he grabbed a branch of a nearby tree and held on.

Rainbow Dash came to a stop, seeing that the Thief was holding onto the purse strap and to the tree branch. “Hey! Let go! Let go of the purse, you crook!” She said. Rainbow Dash pulled harder and the Thief held on tighter while the branch began to bend.

Finally, the Thief lost his hold onto the purse and was sent flying from the end of the branch. Rainbow Dash fell backward with such speed that she flew past the marketplace and was back at the train station with a thud on the ground as her friends watched in surprise.

“Alright, Rainbow Dash! You got our money back!” Scootaloo said with glee.

“And my accessories as well!” said Rarity, happy that all her stuff was back.

“I just wonder where that Thief went.” Apple Bloom replied.


Elsewhere, the Thief, still flying through the air, flew towards the lake.

WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!” He skipped across the lake as if he was a stone and landed with a large splash, sending ducks, geese, swans, and other birds flying away in surprise.


Back at the station, they all got their tickets, just as the train had arrived.

Spike sighed in relief. “That was a close one.”

Rainbow Dash muttered angrily. “I only wish I gave that good-for-nothing thief a nice punch in the snout.” She pounded her hooves together angrily.

“Never mind him, Rainbow,” Twilight said. “We got our tickets. Now we can go to Canterlot.”

Pinkie Pie jumped with glee. “Yay! Train trip!”

“All aboard!” The conductor called out as they boarded the train and it started on its way to Canterlot.


Some hours later, they arrived in Canterlot. The first thing they did was head straight for the castle. As they entered through the hallway, Twilight heard a familiar voice.

“Twily!”

Twilight turned her head and saw Shining Armor, followed by Princess Cadance, and two other guards. Cadance was carrying a baby alicorn filly, who had a white coat, and a blue and yellow mane and tail. It was baby Pure Heart, the daughter of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, not to mention Twilight’s new niece.

Cadance smiled, before handing baby Pure Heart to her husband and rushed up to Twilight. “Twilight!” The two alicorns hugged each other in joy before clapping their hooves together.

“Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!” They both laughed as they finished their secret hoofshake. Baby Pure Heart giggled as she watched the whole thing happen.

“How’s my favorite sister-in-law?” Twilight asked.

“Never better.” Cadance said with a smile.

“And how’s my favorite niece doing?” Twilight said as she and her friends turned to baby Pure Heart. The baby alicorn clapped her hooves happily just as Pinkie Pie came up close.

“AWWWWWWW!!” Pinkie Pie said in joy. “Look at the cute little baby-waby. Did you miss aunt Pinkie Pie?”

Baby Pure Heart babbled in joy at the pink pony in front of her. “Oh, she’s such a cutie patootie-wootie! Who wants a snuggly-wuggly hug?”

Shining Armor gave baby Pure Heart to Pinkie. As she held up the baby and made goofy faces, along with Rainbow Dash, the guards just looked at each other awkwardly.

“Anyway,” Twilight said. “It’s great to see you again. Everything going okay in the Crystal Empire?”

“Going great!” Cadance said with a smile. “Sunburst has been taking his role as the new Crystaller very seriously.”

Starlight Glimmer crossed her hooves shyly. “Um… speaking of Sunburst, how has he been doing?”

“He’s doing fine.” Shining Armor replied. “He’s put his magic to good use helping the empire.”

Cadance turned her attention to the others. “I guess Aunt Celestia had summoned you?”

Applejack nodded. “Yep. She said it was very important. We had ta come right away as soon as possible.”

“Follow us.” Shining Armor said. As he and Cadance led the way, the ponies and baby dragon followed them. Pinkie Pie continued making funny face as she carried baby Pure Heart while walking with her friends.


Once they entered the throne room, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were there waiting for them.

Princess Celestia smiled as she saw the arrival of her faithful student. “Greetings, Princess Twilight.” Princess Luna said. Twilight and her friends approached the two sisters before Twilight spoke. “We received your message and came right away.”

“And I’m glad you did.” Princess Celestia said. “I have some very urgent news.”

“And what might that be, your highness?” Rarity asked.

“Mutant doughnuts are going to take over the world?!” Pinkie Pie gasped in horror while baby Pure Heart climbed on her head joyfully.

“No.” Princess Celestia replied with a calm voice. “As you all know, ponies and draconequuses have peacefully coexisted for quite some time now.”

“However,” Princess Luna said. “We have received dire news from King Disconcert.”

Apple Bloom and her friends looked worried. “And what might that be?”

“He has informed us that several of his subjects, who have come to reside in Equestria, have mysteriously vanished.”

“Vanished?!” The ponies said altogether in horror. It was hard for Pinkie Pie to say it because baby Pure Heart was clinging onto her face. It came out muffled, “Vhonissht?!” Princess Cadance pulled baby Pure Heart from Pinkie’s face and she let out a huge gasp for air and leaned on Spike for support while panting for breath.

“Yes. Fourteen, to be exact.” Princess Celestia continued.

“He asked us to help him find those missing draconequuses.” Princess Luna said.

Shining Armor spoke. “Several of my best guards have been dispatched across Equestria to find them. But, so far, we’ve had no success.”

“That’s terrible.” Fluttershy said with concern.

Twilight looked up to the princesses. “What you have us do, Princess Celestia?”

“I want you and your friends to go to Manehattan. Many of the disappearances have occurred there. The police there need all the help they can get. Do you understand, Twilight?” Princess Celestia asked her student.

Twilight looked at her friends and they all nodded, especially Rainbow Dash. She then turned back to Princess Celestia. “We understand, princess.”

“Oh yeah!!!” Rainbow Dash cheered.”We get to be in a crime case!”

“Hooray!” Pinkie Pie said in excitement. “Does this mean I can bring my special crime investigation party cannon?”

Author's Note:

There’s the end of this chapter. Just to let you know, the part where Rainbow Dash pretends to mauled was from ‘Zootopia’ that came out this year. I’ve seen it in the theater 5 times!

Mr. Hoof is the pony version of the one and only Mr. Bean and is my oc

Antic is a draconequus oc.

Also baby Pure Heart is another oc I own.

Be sure to read and review.

Hope you enjoy! See you next time!