• Published 24th Jun 2018
  • 3,245 Views, 81 Comments

The V-Team - Reizthefakebrony



Nine days after a incident, a group of four students encountered a Deplacer, a mysterious entity and tried to take on him. They paid the price of that error by being thrown into Equestria and turned into the villains... But not the equestrian ones.

  • ...
9
 81
 3,245

Chapter 6: The Genesis of a Twisted Regent

Author's Note:

There's another chapter. However, I'm warning you, there will be Cerebus Syndrome.

Also, I put a point of view styled story part for the flashback just let you know what happened with any pointless comments of the characters outside the speaker.

Even so, any feedback or criticism is always welcome.

"Wait a moment," Thorax said.

Jace groaned in annoyance. "Oh, c'mon. Now what?"

"I'm sorry Starlight but there is something that doesn't add up," Thorax then sternly looked at Jace. "If you saw her memories of me becoming the new leader of the changelings... Then why you were stupefied to see me, before."

"Look," Jace said "I only saw you shooting some love laser beams to convert all of the changelings to your cause. And that's it, because Starlight's conscience interrupted me when she started to fight back. She told me about your form and how much changed the changelings are. As the multicolored insect-like creature that I saw before."

"You... Never realized they were changelings to begin with?" Thorax inquired

"No." Jace responded incredulous. "In my mind, they were supposed to be black insect-like fanged creatures with green, soulless eyes who feds upon the love of the others. I never thought you and them being reformed all of a sudden."

"I wasn't expecting you to know anything about us anyway." Thorax retorted.

"I think we got out of topic," Zade said impatiently. "Starlight, can you just give explain us what is going on?"

"As you saw in Neo Canterlot, this world has become messed up," Starlight said with a little grim tone. "But keep in mind, Equestria was once a very fertile and harmonious place. There are once six mares known as the bearers of the Elements of Harmony and my friends. One of them was Twilight Sparkle, Celestia's faithful student and Princess of Friendship."

"Jace, You called that winged menace Twilight, right?" Chris asked.

"I wasn't expecting Twilegion to be her," Jace said perplexed. "So, yeah. These six mares embodied the Elements of Harmony. These ones managed to save Equestria multiple times with that power."

"How did this world go downhill?" Zade demanded.

"It happened five years ago," Starlight began. "I was in Ponyville, under a tranquil darkened sky before the dawn... That made me wish would had remained as such. I was helping Twilight, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Rarity with the preparations for the Summer Sun Festival. "


Everything looked tranquil and seemed to go for the merriest way, as it should be. That was what I thought when Spike, Twilight's assistant, came to us to show a letter from Princess Celestia, in which she summoned us to the castle because of a incoming danger.

By the time we read that letter, it was too late...

We were caught in a surprise attack from a massive swarm of slightly huge unreformed changelings, who had assumed the appearance of everypony in the town. They weren't called changelings for nothing since they could change appearance.

Their number was astounding since almost every changeling were reformed and turned against her when I and Thorax changed their ways. There are only few, if not none of them, who was still loyal to her.

In the middle of this chaos, a flock of pegasis Royal Guards tried arrived to distract them, allowing us to escape. During our escape but were then met by Queen Chrysalis herself. We knew about her mastery in deception but....

Her appearance was more terrifying than usual. The fact that she was usually insect-like mare at the size of Celestia with green eyes, fangs, holed forelegs and a gnarled horn was bad enough... But in that moment, her appearance was slightly more demonic, her horn was even longer, her face looked very feral and was almost twice the size of Celestia herself. She was also wearing a grim blue amulet around her neck.

"Surprised to see me, Starlight?" Chrysalis said confidently with her multivocal tone being more ferocious than usual. "You thought that I wouldn't had came back with vengeance! But here I am!... Oh, and since Twilight and her friends are here as well, I would have a doubled fun into destroying any of your attempts to stop me."

Without even thinking, Twilight teleported us away from this mess, with Chrysalis doing absolutely nothing to stop us, which doesn't make any sense at all.

We had then reappeared in Canterlot Castle, being the safest place. Or so we thought until we heard scream and hisses coming from the outside. Without wasting anymore time, we headed to the throne room to find Princess Celestia. But she wasn't alone. Luna, Cadence and Thorax were also there. When Twilight asked her what happened, Celestia informed us of a horrible truth.

The unreformed changelings that are sided with Chrysalis...

Were once ponies and managed to infest a huge chunk of Equestria.

But that wasn't the only thing...

When Twilight asked to Celestia about the changelings being able to turn ponies into them, she explained that, according to Thorax, Chrysalis put her hooves on a artifact that allowed her to steal somepony's powers and share it with the others. And she knew what her ideal victim was.

The first thing that Chrysalis did was introducing herself into the Tartarus and released Tirek, just for her to steal his ability to drain the magic from any living creature, permanently incapacitating him and combining his power with her ability to suck the emotions. She tried to get rid of him but he managed to escape. That, however, didn't mattered to her as long as she can achieve her vengeance against not just me, but to Twilight and Celestia as well.

Chrysalis tested her new powers on a defenseless unicorn. Normally a changeling only feds on the love of the others, but with Tirek's powers, she was also draining it's magic as well. She expected the pony to be simply weakened and exhausted, being without any magic at all. That should be it if wasn't for fact that Tirek's magic was mixed with her own.

As result, the drained pony lost his cutey mark and was stripped of his own identity, causing him to be turned into a changeling of her kind, subservient to her with no memory of who he was. Draining both his love and magic also caused Chrysalis to grow a little bit and changing into a more terrific form, which happened every time she feds on these two things.

When she gathered a higher number of changelings and enough power, Chrysalis shared her powers with her subjects and started drain multiple ponies. At each feast, they became more stronger and invigorated and continued their hunt without even relent.

I know that seemed ridiculous to anypony but they managed to take over various cities of the lands outside Ponyville, Cloudsdale and Canterlot the night before the festival. These three city were purposely left unchecked to stage her moment of triumph.

We paled, completely horrified upon hearing that. Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash feared that their siblings, relatives and friends had become like them. The same goes for Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Every one of us had their on relatives being involved in that chaos.

Twilight was shaken as well, but recovered almost immediately since she had remembered what could possibly stop Chrysalis.

"We have still the Elements," Twilight said. "Yet I have to admit. I had forgot about that for a moment."

"Well, none of us were thinking straight in that moment." Fluttershy pointed out.

"Then what are we waiting for? " Rainbow Dash said confidently. "That should be easy with that."

True to their intentions, Twilight and her friends went outside to face Chrysalis and used the power of the Elements of Harmony to cure the transformed ponies and foil her plan. That should had been a piece of cake. The Elements were a powerful benevolent force, that can overcome any difficulty...

But that didn't had any effect on Chrysalis and the transformed ponies as the power was completely neutralized by a mysterious force surrounding them.

Twilight and the other five bearers of the Elements were greatly shocked to see that the most strongest magic was easily nullified like nothing, which made Chrysalis laugh even more loudly than she had ever done in the past. I was as confused as they are when I had noticed the amulet that Chrysalis was wearing glowing in a blue light.

"That was the reaction I wanted to see," Chrysalis exulted. "This amulet gave me a real protection by your so called Harmony. I had suffered constant humiliations for a long time. Now is your turn to taste the entirety of that. HAHAHAHAH!"

As result, we were overwhelmed and forced to retreat inside the Castle. All of the remaining defense forces in Equestria were taken down at a very fast pace. At that point, Chrysalis has turned almost everypony in Equestria into her changelings and has surrounded Canterlot Castle with the intention to make Celestia surrender. Thorax's subjects also fell victim of them.

And the worst part...

Was that we are unable to cure them as long as Chrysalis has her own vantages, and we didn't had a real plan to come up with.

Chrysalis has now grown even more bigger and her whole army of huge changelings surrounded the castle, but she didn't wanted to order a mass attack immediately. She first wanted us to surrender.

Celestia, Luna and Thorax looked really mortified for her inability to save her subjects. Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie were literally demoralized by their defeat. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were just furious for this outcome.

"This cannot be real... Is just... Not fair." Pinkie Pie said, shaken.

"Darn it! If only Ah can get the amulet out of that bucko!" Applejack screamed.

Twilight was as demoralized as the others, but much more desperate. Celestia, Cadence and Spike noticed that and started to worry about her. I volunteered to talk her down. As I was approaching her, I could hear her rambling in denial.

"Twilight?" I said, trying to get her attention.

"That is not possible," Twilight whispered frantically. "That is not what it was supposed to be. There must be something. There must be something that I can do."

"Twilight, calm down." I said.

"How could tell me to CALM DOWN!" Twilight shouted, looking at me with a crazed face and then looked down on the floor.

"Twilight." Cadence said with a worried tone, approaching her.

"That must be a bad joke." Twilight insisted. "It mustn't end this way! I won't allow it! I won't! I will do anything to save them! I will do anything bring them back to normal! I will do anything to defeat Chrysalis and save Equestria!"

That may look like that Twilight was loosing her mind, but her despair was far more lucid of than I thought. And I understood why. She felt more guilty than one else for the inability to help.

The situation looked very dire enough to become almost hopeless. The odds were against us. In that point Celestia made her own decision

"Twilight!" Celestia shouted. "Take your friends and bring them into a safe place."

I and the six mare looked at her in bafflement. "WHAT!?"

"Girls, I just hope that I am not the only one who can't tell that this is not a joke at all!" Pinkie Pie said.

"Celestia, you can't ask me this!" Twilight protested. "What about you, or Luna, or Cadence, or even Thorax?"

"We will be alright." Celestia assured. "We we deal with Chrysalis on our own. However, the Elements must be secured. You had to go."

I can see were Celestia was going. She would never tell us, but is likely she would had sent Twilight to contact Stars Whirl and the Pillars to help us. I was about to tell Twilight about that but then...

He arrived.

A nameless pony entered into the room. I didn't saw him in his face. It was veiled by a scarlet cloaked young stallion. I don't who his name was but his face didn't inspired anything good to me, especially since he was somehow able to avoid himself being turned into a changeling and managed to enter the castle undetected.

The nameless pony was blunt and a little grinning during that situation. And didn't liked a little bit. He explained to us the that Chrysalis and her changelings were immune to the Elements of Harmony was because somepony else gave her a arcane amulet from another world that bestowed her a immunity to a type of power. In her case, that was that of the Elements of Harmony. He also said that the only fault was that her immunity can be broken if the Element's power was amplified.

And then...

Then...

He pulled out a spherical object. He said that is a artifact capable of wondrous thing and that combined with the Elements of Harmony and the power of the Princesses, they can overcome the crisis and saving Equestria.

Soon after, Chrysalis and her army stormed inside the castle and prepared to give us the coup the grace. Twilight, her friends and the Princesses combined their powers with that of the artifact and unleashed a luminous explosion that engulfed everything, including Chrysalis and her swarm. I, Thorax and Spike were untouched by that when that happened. It was a very amazing spectacle, a powerful and harmonious miracle

But that was miracle gone wrong, because after the light became a black fog. Our sense of wonder was quickly turned into fear. I Twilight, the other Elements, Celestia, Luna and Cadence merging into one thing, deforming and screaming. And after that, they glowed into a red light and exploded into a column of scarlet flames.

After a few seconds, the flames dissipated but my friends were no more. In their place, only a bizarre and yet grim and imposing alicorn resembling Twilight stood tall in their place. A very majestic form but also a grim parody of what Harmony was supposed to be. Her eyes were cold, as she was embodying the harmony of a absolute void.

I turned toward the cloaked figure to ask any explanation but he and the artifact disappeared without leave any trace.

As if she was waking from a horrible dream, 'Twilight' glared at Chrysalis and her army, who instantly flinched upon feeling pure terror upon looking in her eyes. With calm, merciless fury, she unleashed her powers toward them. It's force is so destructive that it managed to get through the amulet's protection and destroy it, and then overwhelmed them. Her powers were beyond any imagination..

The pony who were turned into changelings returned back to normal with their cutey mark and magic having returned to them. Chrysalis and his subjects were knocked out and reverted to their original forms due to their absorbed magic forsaking them. With that I could say that Equestria is saved...

But that was only the beginning of a nightmare.

I then looked at Spike, who just passed out. Seeing her guardian painfully merging with the others must have been to much for him to bear. Thorax put him on his back and looked at the purple unicorn in awe, followed by the cured ponies.

I turned toward the alicorn and approached her, hesitantly. I was a little scared by her in that moment. She was now towering at me. But that didn't mattered. I have to try.

"Twilight?" I said.

'Twilight' didn't respond.

"Twilight, it's me." I said.

"....... You shouldn't call me like that anymore." 'Twilight' said with a multi-vocal voice. "I'm.... I'm really sorry, but I'm not her, or Applejack, or Celestia or any of the ponies you saw before."

I flinched in shock upon hearing that. what I heard was a multi-vocal voice, as their personality were somehow fused into something.... empty and ruthless. It sounded mostly Twilight, but... She wasn't the same alicorn anymore. It like something else took her place.

"Starlight," Thorax said distrustful. "There is something wrong with her."

Chrysalis slowly opened her eyes and became instantly startled upon seeing the creature in front of her. "T-Twilight!?... No, that can't be. This...!"

"Twilight... You make no sense..." I stuttered, taking a few steps back for the fright.

"My name is Twilegion Spadeus." 'Twilight' announced. "Harmony transformed."

I was instantly struck by the terrific implication behind her words. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Celestia, Luna and Cadence were no more. Only this grim figure remains.

Twilegion turned to Chrysalis and her subjects. "Is your turn now."

"What!?" Chrysalis shouted confused.

"Oh no," Thorax whispered.

"Please, stop this!" I shouted desperately. "You had defeated Chrysalis. Now give my friends back!"

"What are you talking about" Twilegion said sternly. "I don't want to return as a divided group of weaklings. This world needs a powerful entity. It's safety depends of my own capabilities."

"This is not you, Twilight!" I shouted desperately. "This is no what you used to be. That can't be you. What are you going to do will not bring Harmony at all!"

Twilegion remained silent for a moment before replying. "Harmony is me."

Twilegion didn't want anything similar to this incident to happen again. Being mostly Twilight and unwilling to live the horrible situation in which she was, she decided to take over Equestria and 'Improve' it by 'purify' anything wrong in her path, by annihilate every single villain, starting by Chrysalis and Tirek. Only a few of them survived, unbeknownst to them. Discord, the Spirit of Chaos who also became our friends, almost died in a attempt to make her understand her mistakes and save his friends.

That event was remembered as the Inquisition, and after that she founded the Order of Harmony, which was more a regime that a order. Twilegion also transformed the Royal Guards into alicorn monstrosities, while others were turned into monsters. The Wonderbolts and others followed the same fate, but that wasn't the only problem.

Her powers also gave her the ability to see the inner, darkest desire of everyponies. With that, she was convinced that there won't be any Harmony at all among them and that was what induced Chrysalis and others to act against the Harmony. Twilegion imposed to his subject to be purified and embrace Harmony... At the cost of individuality. The majority of them opposed her idea, which leaded her to destroy every city that dare go against her authority, including Canterlot.

Twilegion devastated some many places during her purification crusade. A few of them were even wiped out of the map. Her rule made everypony afraid not just of her, but of the Harmony that they once retained to be sacred to them. Her actions destabilized most the equestrian ecosystem.

And I...

And I was left with only Thorax, his subjects, Spike, and the other few ponies that escaped Twilegion's gathered to create the Front of the Lost Harmony. We fought for about five years and yet I am still far from having save Equestria.

If only that nameless pony didn't had showed up with that cursed artifact... Maybe we could had leaded the things in a different direction.

Even now I'm still hoping to bring my friends back. I will do anything to them. No matter what.


In the present.

Starlight looked down on the floor with a grim expression full of regrets as the silence grew in the room.