• Published 24th Jun 2018
  • 3,244 Views, 81 Comments

The V-Team - Reizthefakebrony



Nine days after a incident, a group of four students encountered a Deplacer, a mysterious entity and tried to take on him. They paid the price of that error by being thrown into Equestria and turned into the villains... But not the equestrian ones.

  • ...
9
 81
 3,244

Chapter 19: Painful Realization

In the Rambling Rock Ridge, the mountains remained unchanged by the Inquisition that Twilegion and Juliu's machinations had left behind. Inside one grotto full of gems and minerals, multiple lights flashed. In that instant, Zade's demonic party, Starlight's group, the three Princesses, the Mane Six and the unconscious Chrysalis appeared out of nowhere.

Each one of the ponies scanned their surrounding in confusion and took knowledge of each other's presence. As Twilight and her friends saw Zade and his companions, the took a fighting stance, but were too exhausted by the fight with Julius, just like the demonic party and the others.

"At least we are safe from him," Zade said calmly. "I don't know how that happened but if wasn't for Starlight, we would had been killed by that Julius... Or Deofordred if we can call him that now."

Twilight turned her face to Starlight with surprise. "Why you had took them with us?"

"I told you, Twilight." Starlight said. "They are not the bad guys."

"For the last time, we helped her to save your asses." Jace stated nervously.

"How can we be sure that what you said is true?" Applejack retorted.

"You can ask me if you want." Kamahl said.

"I remember you," Twilight said in remembrance and turned her attention to Jeska. "And your sister." She then turned to Chrysalis. "Wait, what is she doing here!?"

"Let me correct this." Jace said as he stomped the ground, materializing a cage of bones that blocked Chrysalis's body. "Problem fixed, dude."

"Starlight, I wouldn't doubt your good intentions," Celestia said gently before turning into a harsh tone toward Zade's group. "But right now that they would had helped us or gained something from the crisis to realize whatever plan they had in their mind, I cannot say. Not after what happened with Fortem Virtu and the Mirari."

"What?" Sera said.

"Oh, for the love of..." Jace blurted. "Let me give you a taste of my truth."

At that point, Jace turned into a coil of black-red flaming mist and wrapped around Celestia's body, engulfing her in black flames. She didn't have the time to react that the flames had already entered inside her mouth and through her coat. Zade, Chris and Sera were just taken aback by Jace's initiative.

"SISTER!" Luna scremed alarmed.

"What heck are you doing to her?" Twilight exclaimed.

"Don't ask to us," Chris replied. "Ask the idiot who was possessing her without warning us!"

"Possessing her?" Cadence said confused.

After a few seconds, the flames dissipated, leaving a strangely entranced Celestia in their wake. She looked down to the floor for a moment and then lifted his head toward the others.

"That's right." 'Celestia' said with a voice that was hybrid between her own and Jace's. "And I will beatdown any of you if you don't listen to me. Right now me and Celestia were sharing our memories, so sit down and don't do anything."

"Jace... If something goes wrong," Sera said, going into psycho mode. "I'm going to kill you once you got out of her body."

"Are you intentionally creating a hostage situation?!" Starlight asked alarmed.

"To be honest, I always doubted about their good faith." Thorax said.

"I don't give a damn about what you think," Jace/Celestia said. "I just want to make things clear to everybody. Right now a possessed psychopath is controlling the land. He is the guy that you should blame, not me and neither my companions."

"What makes you think that we can be tricked just like Julius did to us?" Rainbow Dash said distrustful, being in a fighting stance.

"You have also a ugly style that is even worst than Chrysalis." Rarity said.

"You got a problem?" Sera said, still in psycho mod.

"Guys," Jace/Celestia said. "I think-"

"I saw far enough. Now have the courtesy to leave my body," Celestia's voice ranged in his mind.

"Ok, fine." Jace/Celestia said.

That being said, her body was suddenly engulfed in black flames as a black-flaming mist came out of her mouth and her coat, leaving Celestia to collapse on the ground, with Luna, Cadence, Twilight and the other Elements approaching her, who wasn't unconscious at all.

her body was suddenly engulfed in black flames as a black-flaming mist came out of her mouth and her coat, leaving Starlight to collapse on the ground with her hooded companions approaching her, apparently unconscious.

"Damn... I would never get used to this trip." Jace said.

"What have you done to her?" Luna said harshly.

"Did you had at least-"

"Sister, wait." Celestia interrupted. "He and Starlight were right. They are not our enemies. They were simply humans who were putted in our worlds as ponies, and helped Starlight to set us free from the form of Twilegion Spadeus."

"Halleluja." Chris murmured.

"Seriously?" Twilight said dumbfounded.

"Wait... Those creatures who looked suspicious are not bad guys?" Applejack asked surprised.

"Wait a second," Pinkie Pie took a glass of water, swallowed and spitted. "WHAT!?"

"Don't make ourselves repeat again." Sera said, returned into a normal tone. "It's true."

"Oh dear," Rarity said, trying to not faint.

"You had really helped us?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah," Jace said.

"Without any secret agenda like Fortem Virtu?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"That's right." Zade said.

Silence fell upon them. Celestia, Luna and Cadence exchange their gazes with each other, as their were deliberating about the situation. Starlight, Thorax, Kamahl and Jeska approached the Mane Six, who were now looking crestfallen about their action as Twilegion. But the most depressed one was Twilight, whose regret marked her face.

"It's all of my fault," Twilight murmured.

"No, it's not." Starlight said. "Twilight, I-"

"I guided Equestria toward in the hands of Deofordred." Twilight insisted. "If I hadn't been so desperate..."

"We were all tricked by the start, Twilight." Celestia assured her.

"She's right. We're in the same boat." Applejack said.

"We all did things that we regret without even wanting that." Rarity said.

"But... I shouldn't had accepted the Mirari," Twilight said resigned. "I shouldn't have trusted Fortem Virtu. We have made so much damage... No. I made so much damage.. I... I... I don't deserve to be saved."

Suddenly, Zade laughed. But that wasn't a laugh of amusement or jubilation. That was sarcasm.

"What the hell do you think you are?" Zade said calmly and yet almost irritated. "No seriously, what hell do you think you fucking are!? After what had transpired, you come out with this?! You should be grateful for this second chance that you have to clear your name instead of this though. Do you know why we helped Starlight in the first place?"

Twilight shook her head. "Why"

"Because you would had helped us to bring us back to home, dumbass." Zade said. "Since some dude named Virum thrown us in this world with powers and this appearance that we have been turned into, we had no choice but to do this crap. We had almost died in order to snap you out of there. Starlight even helped us in this quest of ours."

"Not to mention that we are still amateurs about our powers." Chris added.

"Nobody is perfect. So don't even think you are differently." Sera said.

"Twilegion is now history, Twi. We all make mistakes." Jace said. "We're still here, and life continues on. We can still change things for the better."

".... Really?" Twilight said hesitantly.

"Who did teach you this lesson?" Cadence asked.

"The guy who talked that way... It's mother freaking Wolverine," Jace said, much to Zade's, Chris's and Sera's perplexity. "He wasn't a pony, of course, but he knows very well about what life reserves and he's still kicking some ass for the good things to come.

An embarrassing silence fell upon them. Nobody except Zade, Chris, Sera and Starlight understood the reference. Twilight hesitated for a moment, but then a faint and yet genuine smile appeared on her face.

"I don't know what you said..." Twilight paused. "But you were right. We can still change the things for the better and you can be sure that we won't allow to anypony, not even Julius or Deofordred to take Equestria away from us."

"Now that's the Twilight that I know!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Even if we don't know how." Fluttershy said.

"I never expected such wisdom from them, darling." Rarity said.

"You can also count on a good laugh when you needed." Pinkie Pie said.

"And ya can still trust all us." Applejack said.

"Thank you, my friends." Twilight said gratefully.

"If I can be honest, Julius was tricked too," Chris said.

"What?" Twilight was confused.

"They are right," Celestia affirmed. "Julius is just like us: A victim of Deofordred's game."

"Now I hate to say that but... You need our help."

"Huh?" Twilight said, even more confused.

"Jace, come with us for a moment," Zade said, bringing Chris, Jace and Sera with him to discuss about something. "Jace, what the hell."

"I know you have a good intention, but how do you think to help them retrieve an entire reign without a strategy?" Chris asked.

"We can still help them to retrieve Equestria piece by piece while gaining some experience as a team." Jace said.

"I don't follow you," Zade said.

"We can be a group of demonic mercenaries," Jace said. "A group that can be distinguished by it's own good will and determination. We can help not just Twilight but also the other ponies, relatives or not. If they got a problem and doesn't have anyone helping them, they can call-"

"No! We are not doing something similar to the A-Team!" Sera said.

"Oh, that won't be needed." A familiar voice said, getting Zade's group and the other's attention.

It was a very humanoid figure. A figure with familiar dresses. A figure with a familiar look.

And it was none other than Virum.

"The V-Team would be enough," He said gleefully.

"Who are you?" Twilight demanded.

"Starlight, is that...?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah, it is." Starlight said with a grave tone.

"VIRUM!!!" Zade, Chris, Sera and Jace screamed incredulous at the unison.