• Published 11th Jun 2018
  • 520 Views, 92 Comments

FIMstuck - SoloBrony



An outsider is trapped in Equestria and has no idea how anything works. Good thing he can hear beyond the fourth wall! Reader comments direct the story.

  • ...
5
 92
 520

Where to now?

"Don't worry about the alicorn/pegacorn thing. We'd be getting into "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" territory there.
In any case, cutie marks are symbols that manifest on a pony's hindquarters when they realize their reason for being. You've only existed for an hour or two, so no surprise there. My advice from last time holds out: Insist you need to see a magical expert. The filly should be able to help you, though it is possible you've landed in a time prior to the pony I have in mind moving into this town...
Well, I suppose we'll find out, won't we?
(Also, Red Delicious are pretty-looking garbage fruit. See if you can try a cultivar that wasn't bred for visual appeal.)"
-Fan of Most Everything

No angels can dance on the head of a pin because they're not physical beings. Duh. If they take a physical form then they have to follow physical rules by definition.

Wait... so you guys can read minds and know the future?

Whoa. I've got some powerful friends.

Tom carefully settled down on his hooves to get more eye-level with the filly and leaned forward. "You're right, I don't. Listen, I need some help. Can you take me to see... 'Twilight Sparkle', I think it is?"

The filly cocked her head at the pony. "Well, sure, I guess, but we need to see about getting you your mark! I can't believe an adult pony doesn't have one! I need to go get my friends!"

"ok you've run into applebloom - noticing a theme here - whatever you do you need to get out of there before her friends get there because if you don't, well lets just say I hope you like being deaf... a cutie mark is a mark on your flank that represents your special talent in life."
-Zapper frost

"It was actually family, but love works too.
Aaand you've run into Applebloom, and don't have a cutiemark. Welp, I'll see you in the afterlife.
A tip for your telekinesis, try envisioning your magic as an arm, and use that to grab things. Might not work, but it's the best I have without delving into lots of science.
Riddle: Wherever you may run, I will always follow. You may try to lose me, but I hide in every glow."
-FireheartThePone

"Wait wait wait! Applebloom! I, er, I really need to see Twilight! Or some magic expert! It's an emergency!"

Applebloom looked stricken at that, and narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Wait... how'd you know mah name?"

Tom stiffened for a second, but just a second.

"Oh, uh, well I was here to see Applejack, wasn't I? I've heard your, uh, family, are friends with Twilight, and she can help me. Is that right? Sorry, I'm not from around here!"

"Oh. Well, alright. Waait... that's right! Twilight's out of town! She and her friends are all gone to Canterlot right now. That's why I'm tendin' the field. You wanna try findin' your cutie mark with us while you wait?"

"Well... uhh... I'm not sure. But hey, I have a riddle. Want to try getting a riddle-solving cutiemark?"

Applebloom's face lit up immediately.

"Do I ever! What's the riddle?"

"Wherever you may run, I will always follow. You may try to lose me, but I hide in every glow. What am I?"

Applebloom scrunched her face up in concentration.

For the record, Fireheart, I think the answer is 'your shadow'.

After a few seconds, Applebloom's face lit up. "Your, uh, your eyes! Or, like, your vision!"

Tom blinked at that, considering it for a few seconds. "Huh... I thought the answer was 'your shadow'."

Applebloom ruminated on that for a few seconds. "Huh... Ah think you're right. That fits better. Dangit, I guess I won't be gettin' that mark after all."

"No, actually I think your answer is pretty clever. Lateral thinking, kind of. Good job. Uhh... is there another magic expert in town I could talk to?"

Applebloom shook her head. "Naw, Ponyville's not big on unicorns. But I guess you could always hop a train, or just wait until everyone gets back. I'm supposed to head up to Canterlot soon too, you could ride with me."

Tom lifted a hoof to his chin to ponder. In truth, that wasn't what he had in mind.

Little help?

Author's Note:

Decisions, decisions