• Published 9th Jun 2018
  • 1,316 Views, 163 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Sour Sweet - CapNTilfy



Sour Sweet has been miserable for as long as she can remember. Little does she know what lies ahead for her... Book Three of the Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games

  • ...
1
 163
 1,316

Shadowbolt Roundup

Sour Sweet kept her eyes peeled for her fellow Shadowbolts as she all but ran though the hallways.

Aren't you going to try not to bump into anyone? Thought Sour Side.

Nah, I think I have a decent chance of bumping into any of the other Shadowbolts if I'm not careful. Thought Sour Sweet.

You're crazy. Thought Sour Side.

Sour Sweet nearly stopped in her tracks and slapped the palm of her hand on her forehead, sliding it all the way down to her chin. A voice in my head that's also apparently a split personality just called me crazy. No fucking duh, I'm crazy! I believe we've established this a long, long time ago! Thought Sour Sweet.

Calm down, Sweet! What's gotten into you? Thought Sour Side.

Sour Sweet took a deep breath and sighed. It's like the Friendship Games are the only freaking thing anyone around here is capable of talking about! Seriously, give it a rest! I get it! We're all hyped!

Haven't we already gone through this? Thought Sour Side.

Possibly. Thought Sour Sweet. But I needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Any time. Thought Sour Side. Now how about we grab everyone?

Sour Sweet grinned. Let the hunt begin!

----------------------------------------------

Sour Sweet found Neon Lights wandering the halls. "Neon Lights?"

Neon looked up at Sour Sweet. "Yes?"

"Principal Cinch has tasked me with getting the team together so we can all formally meet. I'll take you to the room I chose." Sour Sweet said.

Neon Lights shrugged. "Eh, sure. Why not?"

"Great!" One down, ten to go.

----------------------------------------------

As soon as she left Neon Lights alone in the room, Sour Sweet came to a sudden realization. "Crap! I should have started in the cafeteria! Jet Set and Upper Crust are likely eating at their table!" She made a frustrated grunt and hurried back to where she started. She ran past Sugarcoat, then screeched to a halt. "Oh, good. That's one less person I have to look for. Go inside, we're going to have a team meeting."

Sugarcoat frowned. "You sure it's not an orgy?"

Sour Sweet blinked, then slapped the palm of her face. "Just get in there!" she said, gritting her teeth. What's with her and sex, anyway? I'd ask her, but I'm worried about what she'd tell me. Oh well, nine remain. She sprinted to the cafeteria.

----------------------------------------------

Sour Sweet ran into the cafeteria and was grateful to see that Jet Set and Upper Crust were still at their table. She walked over to the table while keeping track of the time. "Jet Set! Upper Crust!" The couple looked up from their meals. "Hurry up and finish. Principal Cinch wants the team to formally meet, and I'm here to guide you to the room."

"Understood." Jet Set and Upper Crust said simultaneously.

That was easy. And two for the price of one as well! Seven left.

----------------------------------------------

Upon leaving the cafeteria, Sour Sweet noticed Royal Pin, looking nervous with his shoulders tensed up. He slowly walked up to her. "Miss Sweet." He said. "I've noticed you moving back and forth, coming and going with other students. Is something the matter?"

Sour Sweet smiled. "Not at all. In fact, I've been looking for you. Principal Cinch wanted me to gather the team together as part of a 'formal introduction' of sorts."

Royal sighed, relaxing his shoulders. "Oh, thank goodness." He said.

Sour Sweet raised an eyebrow. "What did you think was going on?" She asked.

Royal laughed sheepishly. "Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. If something odd occurs and I see it, I always assume the situation is worse than it really is."

"Well, you don't need to worry anymore." Said Sour Sweet. "Now let's get you to the rest of the team." Six left!

----------------------------------------------

Sour Sweet had left the room in search of her remaining teammates. Any ideas on where to find them? She thought.

Sorry, I've got nothing. Thought Sour Side.

Sour Sweet sighed. Okay. Fine. When in doubt, ask about!

After asking several people, Sour Sweet once again found herself back in the cafeteria. Goddammit! She thought. This is becoming ridiculous and tedious! She scanned the cafeteria and found Suri Polomare sitting next to Trender. Oh, thank fuck! She walked up to their table. "Hey, you two. Formal team meeting by order of Principal Cinch. Follow me." Four to go!!

----------------------------------------------

Sour Sweet exited the room and took a look at the time. "Aw, crap!" She blurted out. Time was running short. She'd have to book it if she wanted to find everyone in time. Suddenly, an idea struck her. She took out her phone, pulled up a video, then set the volume to max. She extended her arm out and turned her head in the opposite direction, using her free hand to plug the ear that was facing away from her phone. She lifted her thumb, scrunched her face muscles to brace herself, then pressed her thumb on her phone.

Nearly everyone in the hallway started as her phone filled the corridor with airhorns, with a couple of students cowering on the floor. I'm probably gonna get in trouble for this, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Two seconds later, she tapped her phone again and the airhorns stopped. Sour Sweet turned her phone's volume back to its default setting and looked up. Scores of students glared at Sour Sweet, until a sound echoed throughout the hall.

The sound of airhorns once again filled the hall and increased in volume until Indigo Zap pushed her way through the throng of students. She pressed her phone with her thumb, cutting off the noise. "I hope you know how many you people you just pissed off, Sour Sweet." She said, wearing her trademark grin on her face.

Sour Sweet folded her arms and rolled her eyes. "Believe me, Indigo. I do." She shook her head rapidly, forcing herself to focus. "Look, I called you over here because Principal Cinch wanted me to get all of the team members together for a formal meeting."

Indigo blinked. "So you've been getting us all one by one? Wouldn't it have been more efficient to have them follow you around as you looked for the other teammates?"

Sour Sweet's jaw dropped, and she remained motionless for a couple of moments. She snapped back to attention. "Excuse me for just a second, Indigo. Stay right there."

Indigo put her arms behind her head. "No worries. I'm not going anywhere."

"Great." Said Sour Sweet. She ran to the nearest exit and burst through the doors. She took a deep breath, then let out a shriek of unholy rage that traumatized a poor chihuahua whose owner just happened to be taking it for a walk at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sour Sweet walked back into Crystal Prep and returned to Indigo Zap. Indigo patted Sour Sweet on the back. "Feeling better?" Indigo asked.

Sour Sweet sighed. "A little, yeah."

"Great!" Said Indigo. "Now let's get going already!"

----------------------------------------------

Sour Sweet left the room. "Okay! Now all that's left is to find..." She sighed heavily. "Great. The last three people I need to see. Twilight, Lemon, and Sunny." She made a sputtering noise. "I knew this was coming. Might as well bite the bullet." She wandered the halls until she found Sunny Flare looking around as though she was afraid of something.

"Sunny." Sour Sweet said. Sunny Flare yelped and turned around, then sighed deeply. "Come with me. Principal Cinch wants the team to meet."

Sunny Flare stared at Sour Sweet. "Okay. Fine." Sunny said. "Let's get this over with." She sighed again.

"I don't like this any more than you do!" Sour snapped. "I know what you've been doing to Lemon Zest. If I had my way,I'd make you bloodier than her and me after both fights combined!" She took a deep breath and exhaled. "If she did anything to hurt you, you more than deserved it."

Sunny clenched her hands into fists, her face turning red. "You don't know what I've been through, you obnoxious bipolar bitch."

Sour rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. Get off your high horse, then go fuck yourself and the horse you rode in on." Before either of the girls could take action, their attention was diverted by a person clearing their throat. Sour's eyes widened in surprise. "Oh! H-h-hi, Radiant Hope!" she said, smiling sheepishly.

"Hello, girls." said the guidance counselor. "Am I interrupting something important?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"N-n-n-not at all!" said Sour, raising her hands in defense. "Sunny Flare and I were just going to meet the rest of the team for the Friendship Games, but we got distracted and started a...heated debate." Sour gave Sunny a meaningful look. "Right, Sunny?" she asked. Sunny Flare nodded.

Hope looked at the two skeptically. "As long as that's all you were doing." she said. "We've had enough fights here on campus over the week as it is." she turned around. "Goodbye, girls. Try not to get into any trouble." Hope said as she walked away.

As soon as the two were certain Hope was out of range, they glared at each other.

"Later?" Sunny said, her eyes narrowed.

"Later." Sour said in agreement. "Let's just get this shitfest over with before we seriously try to kill each other on the spot."

---------------------------------------------

Sour Sweet led Sunny into a room filled by Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Suri Polomare, Neon Lights, Royal Pin, Jet Set, Upper Crust and Trender.

Sunny waved to her teammates, then folded her arms. "All we need now is Lemon Zest."

"And Twilight Sparkle." said Sour.

Sunny blinked. "Wait, what? When did Twilight decide to compete? She's not the type for this sort of thing!"

"I'm pretty sure Principal Cinch 'convinced' her to join." Sour said, rolling her eyes.

"You mean like how Lemon 'convinced' us into playing nice for the Friendship Games?" said Sugarcoat.

Sour sighed. "Lemon might have a point, though. We've always treated each other like crap for the most part. Except for you, Royal Pin. You're all right." she smiled. Royal smiled and nodded in acknowledgement.

"That doesn't justify her actions, Sour." said Indigo.

"Maybe not, Indigo, but did all of you really believe something like this wouldn't happen?" Sour said. "Lemon and I have gotten into a fight in the hallway, everybody seems to like making each other paranoid..." She put her head in her hands and sighed again. "Something had to give eventually and that something was Lemon Zest. Is it really such a bad thing to try to be friends?"

Sunny rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Oh, please. Get off of your soapbox and get Lemon and Twilight so we can all move on with our lives."

"Shut the fuck up, Flare!" yelled Sour, getting in her face. "I don't care what sort of bullshit caused you to be the Queen Mother of all bitches, but if I hear one more goddamn word out of your mouth I swear to god I will find two pairs of the sharpest scissors in this school and jam each of them into both of your lower holes as hard as I fucking can!"

Silence engulfed the room, save for Sour's heavy breathing after her rant.

"I'm getting Lemon and Twilight." Sour said, opening the door. She slammed it so hard it startled everyone in the room.

---------------------------------------------

"Gah! What is that woman's problem?!" Sour Sweet said, fuming. Fuck her. I have more important things to worry about. She wandered the halls in search of Lemon Zest and Twilight Sparkle. As she passed by a hall, she thought she heard Twilight's voice. She inched closer, and she could understand what she was saying.

"Now you listen to me, Lemon Zest. You arenothinglike Principal Cinch. You and I just had a fall from grace. But you know what? The best part of falling is that you can get back up again...because when youdoget back up, it's one of the greatest feelings in the world!" Twilight said as her voice quavered.

Sour Sweet sighed. "I hate to interrupt the moment you two are having, but you guys need to come with me. Principal Cinch wants you two to meet the rest of the team."

"Sour..." said Lemon.

"Let me cut you off right now, Lemon. One." She raised her pointer finger. "We'll talk after team introductions. "Two." she said as she raised her middle finger, making a peace sign. "It'll be just you and me. It's always been just between you and me."

Lemon nodded in understanding.

Sour pointed to Twilight. "I don't want her getting any more involved than she already has." She looked at Twilight. "Understand?"

Twilight blinked, then nodded.

"Good." said Sour. "Now that we've reached an agreement, let's get this over with."