• Published 29th May 2018
  • 988 Views, 94 Comments

Attack on Titan: Friendship is Freedom - Gidano90



A young cadet during the battle of Trost will be catapulted into an enchanted land inhabited by magical talking pony and will find himself fighting a battle against a dark being as he seeks a way to return home to help his fellow soldiers.

  • ...
6
 94
 988

Chapter 23: Night Chat!

Elias after having had his confirmations on the "Rarijack" question, decided to return to the farm. Despite all the events that took place that day, the soldier was in a good mood: attending that pleasant event between Rarity and Applejack had reinvigorated his spirit and calmed his worries. After a few minutes of walking, the cadet returned to the Sweet Apple Acres and in the same manner as he had left, he returned to the house making as little noise as possible. But when he came in, he didn't expect to find anyone else awake besides Applejack and Rarity.

"Mrs. Smith? Why is she already awake?" Elias asked, surprised to see Applejack's grandmother wake up.

"I have to make breakfast, boy." The elderly pony promptly answered as she fumbled with various kitchen utensils.

"The breakfast?" The cadet said, confused by Granny Smith's answer.

"Sure! You guys have to leave for Canterlot at dawn, so you'll need a hearty and nutritious breakfast to keep you going. Who knows what a busy day awaits you tomorrow." The old pony said without looking away from the dishes he was preparing.

"You are very kind, Mrs. Smith, but it was not necessary for you to wake up so early. We would have prepared breakfast ourselves."

"First of all, young man, no formalism with me, my great-grandmother was Mrs. Smith. Call me Granny." Applejack's grandmother said, turning to Elias with a serious look but hiding a playful note. "Have I been clear?"

"Crystalline, Granny." Elias replied, smiling at the old pony.

"Very good. And secondly, let you prepare breakfast for yourself? But please! If you let yourself do, you would probably eat less than a newborn chick. You young people always go so fast that you hardly put anything in your stomach, that's why you look toothpicks that are walking, so it is better to make sure that you leave in full force tomorrow. "

Elias could not help laughing at Granny Smith's words: no matter if he was a pony or a human being, a grandmother is always a grandmother. You could have been a 300-pound obese, but you always had a toothpick in her eyes that needed to eat to put some substance in his bones.

"Rather, what are you doing already awake?" Granny asked, intrigued by the presence of the human at that late hour of the night.

"I couldn't get to sleep. So I thought about taking a walk to clear my head and while I was walking I crossed over with Applejack."

"My niece? Why was she awake?" Asked the old pony worried about Applejack.

"She too, like me, couldn't sleep because of recent events. I started following her because I thought she had some problems, but she couldn't sleep for my own reasons and we started chatting in her garden parents. "

"Do you mean The Corner of Paradise?"

"The Corner of Paradise?" Elias asked, confused.

"it is the name of the garden of my son and my daughter-in-law. When they decided to give life to the garden they decided by mutual agreement to call it that. It is a pity that they could not see it at the height of its splendor." Granny Smith said in a melancholy voice.

"I'm sorry." Elias said understanding the pain caused by the death of someone very dear. "Before Rarity joined us, Applejack told me how she lost his parents. She told me that the cause was the" Timberwolf "if I understand it."

"Unfortunately, you didn't get it wrong, boy. They were Timberwolves. They came from Everfree Forest and started attacking anyone they were in front of." Applejack's grandmother said as the atrocious memory of that ruthless assault resurfaced in her mind.

"Everfree Forest? What is it?" Asked Elias as he listened to the words of the old pony.

"Is a forest that is located outside Ponyville. It is very dangerous if you do not know the safe routes that lie within it. Not to mention the strangeness of the place."

"Weird? What kind of strange things?" The cadet asked, intrigued by this strange forest.

"To begin with, the climate changes them without the intervention of the pegasi. The vegetation grows by itself, without the minimum help of magic or without the intervention of any kind by the Earth Pony. Not to mention the ferocious creatures that live there inside." Granny Smith replied. The young soldier at the end of the explanation made a confused face, a detail that did not escape the old pony. "There is something wrong?"

"No, no, nothing wrong. It's just that ... since I arrived in Equestria this is the first normal thing I hear about this place." Elias answered.

"What do you mean?" Granny asked, now she with a confused face.

"Where I come from, all forests are like this Everfree Forest, except for Timberwolf." The cadet answered.

"What a strange place you come from a boy."

"Well, not even this world is so normal." The young soldier replied, causing a giggle attack on him and on the old pony standing in front of him.

"Believe me, you haven't seen a quarter of the oddities of this place." Granny said in laughter, but soon the laughter stopped, and a melancholy look formed on the old pony's face.

"Granny Smith?" Elias asked, worried by the sudden change of mood of the old pony.

"Don't worry Elias. Just a little melancholy of an old pony. Despite the passage of time, I still miss my son and daughter-in-law so much." Granny replied with a melancholy smile.

"I'm sorry. I know very well what it means to lose someone very dear." Elias said as he thought about his biological mother.

"I know. But the important thing is to keep their memory alive in our hearts, so it is as if they were always close to us." The old pony said. "But despite all these years, there's still something I can't understand."

"What?" Asked Elias, intrigued by Granny's strange statement.

"The Timberwolfs." The old pony answered in earnest.

"The Timberwolfs?" Elias asked more confused than before.

"Yeah. See the Timberwolves are famous for being literally the guardians of Everfree Forest and for no reason leave the borders of the latter."

"Maybe because they were hungry and they went hunting?" The cadet hypothesized.

"No. Timberwolves are magical creatures and don't need nourishment like us. In addition, as I said before, they never leave the forest. So my question is: Why did they leave Everfree Forest?"

The soldier of humanity to this question remained silent. From what he could understand, these Timberwolves for no reason in the world set foot outside their territory. But no matter how he tried to find an answer to the question asked by the old owner of the farm, none appeared in his mind.

"Enough with these dismal thoughts now." Granny said drawing the soldier's attention. "You should go to sleep as tomorrow you have a journey to deal with."

"Ok. So good night Granny Smith." Elias said heading towards his room.

"Good night to you too. Ah, Elias?" the old pony called the cadet making him stop.

"Yes?"

"You said Rarity had reached Applejack before, right?"

"Yes." The boy confirmed.

"Have they finally declared themselves?" Granny asked, taking Elias by surprise.

"Yes ... Did you already suspect something?"

"I suspected? My boy, did I KNOW that those two felt something for each other. Finally they decided to confess their feelings." Granny said with a big smile on her face. "And to think that, initially, most of the time they did nothing but quarrel."

"Really?" The soldier asked curiously.

"Of course! Due to different personalities and interests they were always in conflict, but after the events of Nightmare Moon, the quarrels have diminished, until they took advantage of every possible moment to see each other." Applejack's grandmother said as she remembered how her granddaughter's eyes and Rarity's eyes shone when they met. "Ok, now all it takes is wasting time, go to bed that a great day awaits you tomorrow." Granny said in mock authoritarian tone.

"Yes, ma'am," the cadet replied with a military salute and a smile on his face. Elias headed for his room ready to go to sleep. When he arrived in the room, however, he did not immediately go to bed. He decided to take his diary and start writing the beginning of this new adventure in the magical world of Equestria.