• Published 29th May 2018
  • 988 Views, 94 Comments

Attack on Titan: Friendship is Freedom - Gidano90



A young cadet during the battle of Trost will be catapulted into an enchanted land inhabited by magical talking pony and will find himself fighting a battle against a dark being as he seeks a way to return home to help his fellow soldiers.

  • ...
6
 94
 988

Chapter 18: How I Met My Mother! Part 2

"And what happened after she reached you?" Applejack asked curiously.

"Did you flee?" asked Rainbow.

"Did you make it up?" This was Rarity.

"You have engaged in a ferocious battle where you lost, but she remains impressed by your determination has decided to adopt you and make you become the greatest warrior of all time?" Pinkie received strange looks from everyone present. What passed through her head was unknown to all but, despite this, they could not admit that she had a great imagination.

"None of this." Elias replied, looking away from his little friend, turning him to the group in its entirety. "She simply asked me why I had acted in that way against Father Nick."

"And what did you answer her?" The pink-haired pegasus took the word for the first time, without the feeble and timid voice that usually characterized her. She was so caught up in the story that she gave voice to her doubts without worry.

"I told her the truth, I told her that for me the Cult of the Walls is made up of parasites and that Father Nick had no right to say those horrible things about her and about all the soldiers and that he deserved a lesson . " From the voice and the determined look of Elias it was palpable that, to those convictions, after all those years, he was still firmly bound.

"And what happened next?" Sunset wondered worried about the possible reaction of Elias's mother. She could only imagine the worst.

The soldier leaned his back against the chair, relaxing his muscles for a moment. He was so used to the warrior stiffness he had been teaching for three years that he did not even notice when it was not needed. He looked up as if he could remember better what happened.
"I remember he stared at me for a while in silence, I initially started worrying, I was afraid of what he was going to do to me for a while ... I thought he would arrest me because even if Father Nick he deserved worse, I still "attacked" a senior Church official, but instead ... "A smile appeared on Elias's face. "Instead she put her hand on my head, ruffled my hair and thanked me."

"Really?!" A chorus of voices came straight to the boy's ears. The ponies were amazed. Everything would have been expected except for such a reaction. Yet, in their hearts, they knew that anyone who had raised a boy as good and generous as their new friend could only be someone with his own qualities.

"Yeah, I remember that I was literally like a boiled fish when she thanked me for defending her against Father Nick."

"So you were not punished? In short, you had always" attacked "an important person." Asked Twilight.

"Fortunately no Twilight, but I received a little lecture, she told me that I had been lucky to meet her on that occasion, because if anyone else had been there I would probably have been in serious trouble." She told me to be more prudent and Do not do any more nonsense like that in the future, and let's just say I was not very good at following her advice. "admitted with a little embarrassment the cadet.

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked, confused by the boy's affirmation.

"And what does this event have to do with your adoption? I do not think your mother adopted you for this thing that happened." Rainbow Dash added.

"The adoption took place a long time after Dash. This event I told you was important because it allowed us to meet for the first time. After this first meeting we met again, and many of these were because I was not a lot to follow her advice."

"Can you be more clear? What do you mean you were not good at following her advice?" asked Applejack.

"To quote the textual words of Sasha: You have the innate ability to drive you into those troubles that are easily avoidable, but in spite of everything you force yourself into it." Elias said laughing, thinking of his friend's words. "Oh Sasha how right you are."

"Sasha? Who is Sasha? Is your girlfriend? Pinkie, intrigued by this mysterious girl mentioned by the young soldier, came up to him to scrutinize every movement, every clue that would give her the answer she craved.

Following the words of the pink pony, the others, without waiting for the boy's reply, began to fantasize about the imaginary relationship between Elias and this Sasha, not paying attention to the mixed look of bewilderment and amusement of their friend.

"Your girlfriend ?! Oh Elias now you must absolutely tell us how you met, how your great love was born and how you confessed to her!" Rarity said with a light in her eyes, a sign that love stories were what most excited her mind. And of course the gossip also. And this seemed like a scoop that deserved all her attention.

"I bet it's the uniform." Girls usually have a weakness for men in uniform. " Rainbow said thoughtfully.

"Surely she will be impressed with Elias's good heart." Expressed the pegasus lover of animals.

The gossip about the boy's love life that had suddenly become the main topic of conversation, made Elias blush to the tip of his nose that, even if he had tried several times, he could not say a word, giving only air to the his mouth was continually opening to be blocked soon after by one of her friends. The general ferment, however, caused a small but very significant appearance to go unnoticed: Sunset's gaze had just darkened.

"Girls, Girls, GIRLS!" Elias screamed embarrassed in trying to stop those speculations. "Sasha is not my girlfriend!"

"It is not?" The ponies said in chorus.

"No girls, you misunderstood everything, Sasha, along with Eren, is my best friend.
The boy's color returned to normal, relieved to have appeased the excessive curiosity of his friends.

"Oh what a pity ... I was hoping to hear a beautiful love story." Said the white-coated pony with disappointed tone. Her friends suspected they were disappointed in Rarity's voice. Just as suspected by Elias, the 'rose themes' were the center of his life. On the other hand, Sunset felt strangely relieved, but could not explain the reason for these mood swings.

"I'm sorry Rarity, but as I said before, Sasha is my best friend, and then, even if I wanted I could never be her boyfriend."

"Why not, is she already engaged to another boyfriend?" Rarity asked, intrigued by Elias' strange affirmation.

"No, she's not engaged, let's say I do not fall into the category of her preferences as a loving partner." The cadet affirmed. Immediately thereafter, the day came when Sasha, in an act of courage, decided to confide in him about who she liked at the academy. Elias told her to talk to this person, but Sasha did not want to. The cadet remembered that his best friend said that it was already a miracle that he had confided in him and made him swear not to talk to anyone, especially to the subject of their conversation. Elias promised her that he would remain silent. Even today, Sasha had not been able to talk to that person, and the young cadet was saddened by the fact that his best friend had not yet managed to confess. But what made him sadden even more was the thought of what was happening to Trost. Who knows what was happening? What had happened to Eren? What had happened to Sasha? And his mother? She was fine? Had his friends saved themselves? All these questions began to swirl in Elias's head and they made a mask of worry mixed with fear on his face. The ponies immediately noticed the sudden change of mood of the cadet and immediately they were taken by the concern.

"Hey Elias? Everything ok?" Sunset asked, worried by the sudden silence of his human friend.

"Mh ...? Oh sorry, Sunset, I had lost a moment in my thoughts." Elias said shaking his head in an attempt to drive away the worries that were invading his thoughts. "Anyway, it's all right, do not worry." The boy said disguising his worries with a smile. A smile not very convincing as the ponies understood that something was affecting him.

"Are you sure? For a moment you looked like you were in a trance." Twilight said.

"Yes Twilight, I'm sure ...?" Elias did not finish the sentence he found himself embraced by Sunset. Princess Celestia's student understood that something was disturbing the boy and that he was trying to hide it so as not to worry her and the rest of the girls.

"Please Elias, tell us what afflicts you." Sunset said in a worried tone. Elias tried to reassure her by saying that it was all right, but the unicorn, before the cadet could say anything, stopped him. "Do not say it's all right, we understand that there's something that does not make you happy, we're your friends, please, if something makes you sick, tell us, we want to help you." Tears began to fall from Sunset's eyes. The unicorn could not bear to see Elias suffering and the thought of not being able to help made her feel bad. Elias was moved by the affection of Sunset, he could not hold back his tears and returned the hug.

"I'm afraid Sunset, I'm scared for people dear to me on Earth." Elias started between sobs. "A moment before we were almost about to celebrate our promotion and soon after we found ourselves at war. I am afraid for my mother, I am afraif for Eren and Sasha, I'm afraid for my friends. I'm afraid of not being able to return in time to help them, I'm afraid something terrible has happened to all of them and these thoughts do not make me find peace! " The cadet exclaimed, venting all his anxieties and fears. The rest of the ponies immediately ran to hug Elias to give him a little comfort. After venting Elias freed himself from the group embrace.

"Sorry girls, I had to tell you something cheerful and instead we came back to cry like fountains." The boy said, wiping away his tears.

"You do not have to apologize for anything Elias, it's normal for you to be worried about the people you care about." Said Sunset giving the young cadet a beautiful smile. He could not help but smile as well. Elias did not know why, but the closeness of that adorable unicorn made him feel good. Yet it was strange, since they had only met that day. His thoughts, however, were interrupted by the voice of Twilight.

"If you can comfort yourself, Elias, right now your loved ones are safe and well." The purple unicorn said cheerfully.

"How can you be sure?" Elias asked, confused by the Twilight affirmation. In short, he had come to Equestria during the battle at Trost, how could the people who care about him stay safe when the Titans were invading the city?

"Do I have to remind you that besides an inter dimensional journey, did you also make a temporal journey?" Twilight reminded him.

"A temporal journey ...? Of course, you're right! So at this moment the invasion to Trost did not happen!" Elias exclaimed, heartened by the news.

from the Titans."

"And when you come back home you will tear apart those monsters who dare to threaten humanity," Rarity said.

"You will hit them so hard and so fast that they will not understand what came to them!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Humanity can be calm with a soldier like you on their side." Said Applejack.

Elias, to the words of encouragement of the ponies, felt his spirit rejuvenate. It was a total mystery how these seven ponies were able to give him a force to be able to deal with any adversity head-on and without fear. The young man found himself smiling, despite the uncertainties that the future had for him as far as his stay in Equestria and the battle awaiting him in Trost.

"Thanks girls, you're the best." Elias said with a sincere smile that came from his heart.

"Your welcome Elias, remember that for everything we are always here for you." Fluttershy said with her characteristic, gentle voice.

"Ok people, now enough with tears! Elias must finish telling his story!" Pinkie said, impatient to hear how Elias was adopted."

"You're right Pinkie! The day of weeping is officially over, now we're going back to the story of my adoption. Are you ready to listen to the rest of my story?" Elias at his question received a chorus of yes from his new friends. The young cadet, before he resumed his talks, laid his eyes on the ponies and while he looked at them he could say with absolute certainty that every minute he spent with them felt his bond with the ponies become stronger, and felt that his spirit also became stronger with them. What was the so-called Magic of Friendship to give him this strange strength he felt inside him? He did not know, but one thing was certain: if anyone tried to hurt them, he would protect them from anyone and anything he even dared to threaten them. He swore it on his honor as a soldier.

Author's Note:

I AM STILL ALIVE!!! First of all, I apologize for this long wait. In this period, the work has literally slaughtered me, taking away time and energy to concentrate on the story. This story I do not want to abandon it, but because of my work commitments it could take some time between one chapter and another. I will do my best to update the story quickly, in the meantime I ask you to be patient. Lastly, I would like to thank all those who have put my story as a favorite and ask all of you to leave a comment to let me know if you like the story. See you in the next chapter.