• Published 24th May 2018
  • 1,587 Views, 174 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Sunny Flare - CapNTilfy



Sunny Flare lives a perfect life...so why is she struggling? Book Two of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games

  • ...
2
 174
 1,587

Backlash

Author's Note:

Two days until the Friendship Games.

Sunny woke up with a sigh. Today better not be like yesterday. she thought. I've had enough boredom to last a lifetime! She put on her uniform and went downstairs.

"Good morning!" she said as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning." said Glaze.

"Good morning." said Stellar.

"Sorry I can't stay and chat, but I just want the school day to be done and over with. Goodbye!" she said as she shut the door behind her.

---------------------------------------------

Sunny boarded the bus, then sank into her seat slowly, sighing. Maybe I should have stuck around a little bit at least. she thought, feeling guilty that she didn't hold a conversation with her parents. Well, what's done is done. She stared out the window as Crystal Prep came into view.

She got off the bus, keeping an eye open for Sugarcoat and Indigo Zap. She entered the halls of Crystal Prep, then bumped into Sour Sweet, who had tears in her eyes. Sunny blinked.

"I don't want to hear a goddamn word out of your mouth or so help me I'll turn your entire fucking skin black and red to go along with your shade of blue!" she shouted.

Sunny blinked again, almost nervous at the sight and decided to leave her be.

"What's her problem?" Sunny thought out loud.

"She and Lemon Zest had a falling out." said Sugarcoat, just a foot away from Sunny. Again.

Sunny let out a yelp. "Stop fucking doing that!!!" she yelled, then paused. "Wait...what did you just say?"

"I said Sour and Lemon had a falling out." Sugarcoat repeated. "Apparently Twilight told her everything that happened between the two of them and that pissed Sour off." Sugarcoat paused for a moment, then sighed. "I already regret telling you." she said as she left Sunny on her own.

Interesting... Sunny thought as she made her way to class.

---------------------------------------------

After class ended, she scanned the hallways until she found her target. "Hey there." said Sunny Flare.

Lemon sighed. "What do you want?"

Sunny smiled. "Heard about your falling out with Sour Sweet. I haven't seen her since then."

"Yeah? So what?" said Lemon.

"Aww. Is that the reaction I'm getting out of you? Darn, I thought you'd try to come at me or something." said Sunny.

"Not in the mood, Flare." said Lemon.

Sunny smiled. "Oho, last name only? Are you finally coming on to me?"

Lemon rolled her eyes. "If by 'coming on to you' you mean resisting the urge to shove my foot up your ass. I wouldn't do it though, something tells me you'd enjoy it."

Sunny laughed. "Don't flatter yourself. I'm a sadist, not a masochist."

Lemon rolled her eyes again. "Sometimes I wonder. Is there anything you want? Like...oh, I don't know...gloating?"

Sunny put her hand to her mouth in mock astonishment. "Why, Lemon Zest, whatever makes you think I'd do that? I wasn't the one who spilled the beans to one of her only friends. That was all you." Lemon's face began turning red. "Oh, goodness!" said Sunny. "You're turning a most delightful shade of red, it's very becoming!"

Lemon snarled. "Isn't their someone else you can piss off and masturbate to their misery?"

What is it with people here and masturbating?! Sunny thought. Setting that thought to the side, she grinned. "You're the best target in all of Crystal Prep Academy! Why would I ever aim for anyone else?"

"Keep testing me, and I just might give you a damn good reason." said Lemon.

"Such as?" asked Sunny. Oh, this ought to be good.

"Last warning, Flare." said Lemon. "I don't want to have to do this."

"What's with you and last names?" asked Sunny. "Besides, you know nothing about me."

Lemon allowed herself a smile. "Interesting choice of words, Sunny Flare. How about this last name, then...Rutherford."

Sunny Flare blanched. "Uh...what was that?" Maybe I misheard her.

"I. Said. Rutherford." said Lemon.

"How...how do you..." said Sunny. No! She knows too?! Sunny thought. What the hell is going on?!

"Like I'd tell you." said Lemon. "And if I know about Rutherford, then I'm sure you've gathered that I also know about your-"

"Don't say it!" said Sunny, tears forming in her eyes. "I thought you were supposed to be the nice one..." She even knows about the miscarriage?! she thought, her mind reeling from shock.

"Are you familiar with the phrase 'Even Buddha will get upset if he's hit in the face three times?'" said Lemon. "Well, I've been hit in the face too many goddamn times! It's time I started pushing back. I've been putting up with Crystal Prep Academy's bullshit for far too long. All the competitiveness, the backstabbing... I have had enough!"

"Wait...are you...?" Sunny looked at Lemon.

"Here's what you're going to do, Sunny Flare." said Lemon.

"You...you're blackmailing me?!" said Sunny.

"After all the shit I've been through, I'd like some sort of...'compensation' for all the grief you and the other girls have caused me." said Lemon.

"What makes you think they'll listen to you?" said Sunny.

"I know all the deepest, darkest secrets of our fellow Shadowbolts." Lemon said.

Sunny Flare's eyes narrowed. "You're bluffing."

"Are you willing to take that chance?" said Lemon. "I'm starting to think it really would kill everyone here to be nice to each other."

"Okay." Sunny sighed. "What is it you want?"

"That's more like it." said Lemon. "What I want...Sunny Flare...is for you and the other Shadowbolts to treat each other nicely. I'm not asking or forcing you all to be friends, I'm not so sweet and naive as to believe that's possible. At the very least, try to be civil with one another."

Sunny blinked. "That's all you want?"

Lemon's expression hardened. "What, you were expecting a sexual favor? As you just said to me; 'Don't flatter yourself'. Now go spread the word..." Lemon narrowed her eyes. "And get the fuck out of my sight." she hissed.

Sunny nodded and ran off. As soon as she knew Lemon Zest couldn't see her, her knees buckled and she fell to the floor. She burst into tears, bawling.