• Published 24th May 2018
  • 1,587 Views, 174 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Sunny Flare - CapNTilfy



Sunny Flare lives a perfect life...so why is she struggling? Book Two of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games

  • ...
2
 174
 1,587

A New Day

Author's Note:

One week until the Friendship Games.

Sunny woke up, feeling refreshed. I hope today will be more interesting than yesterday was... she thought. I'd rather avoid those serious stomach cramps and blackouts if I can help it...and I usually can. She frowned slightly. Usually. She walked down the stairs to the kitchen. "Good morning!" she said.

"Good morning, dear!" said Glaze. "Did you sleep well?"

Sunny nodded. "Just another average dream. Nothing good, but nothing bad either."

"Better than any old nightmare." said Stellar.

"Indeed." said Sunny. "I'll take any mediocre dream over any nightmare." She hugged both of her parents. "Well, I should be off. See you later!" she said with a smile.

"Goodbye!" said her parents as she left.

---------------------------------------------

Sunny boarded the bus and checked her phone.

Hey there. Feeling better? - Sent by Rutherford

Sunny smiled.

Yes, dear. I am. - Sent by Sunny Flare

Good to know. - Sent by Rutherford

Think you'll be up for a date tonight? - Sent by Rutherford

Sunny giggled.

I'm not making any promises! ;) - Sent by Sunny Flare

You know I love it when you tease me like that. - Sent by Rutherford

Indeed I do. - Sent by Sunny Flare

I'll text you after school, okay? - Sent by Sunny Flare

Fine by me, Sunflare. Fine by me. - Sent by Rutherford

Sunny blushed. God, I love it when he calls me that! The bus stopped in front of Crystal Prep Academy, and Sunny disembarked. She walked the hallways and stopped, seeing Lemon Zest. The two made eye contact, and Sunny gave Lemon an evil stare. Sunny turned around and grinned. That ought to keep her on her toes. she thought, then went to her first period class.

---------------------------------------------

First period had ended, and Sunny Flare managed to pay attention for most of it. I wish something interesting would happen already! she thought. Walking the halls, she heard students talking about a fight between two girls. 'Be careful what you wish for'... thought Sunny, and listened in on one of the conversations.

"Did you see what happened in the hallway?" one student said.

"Dude, she had Sour Sweet on the ropes!" said another.

Sunny quirked an eyebrow. "What are you two going on about?" she asked. One of the students took his phone out, and handed it to her.

"Watch the video." said the student.

Sunny shrugged and hit play. Her eyes slowly widened as she watched the entirety of the fight between Sour Sweet and Lemon Zest. Well now... she thought. This certainly is an interesting development. A smile spread across her face. I had no idea Lemon had it in her. she gave the student back his phone after watching the video, and walked off to her next class. Whatever happened between those two, it had to have been quite significant.

---------------------------------------------

Second period had come and gone, and Sunny walked the halls. I doubt that I'd get answers from Lemon... she thought right before she bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going, you upper middle class bitch!" said a familiar voice.

Shaking her head and slowly getting up, Sunny Flare found herself face to face with Sour Sweet. Sunny smiled. "So...I saw the fight."

"Good for you!" Sour said, her voice dripping with sweetness and sarcasm. "Now fuck off, I'm not in the mood to talk!" she yelled.

"Hold on a moment." Sunny said, grabbing Sour by the shoulder. "What happened between the two of you?"

Sour blinked, then snickered. "Oh, please! Since when do you care about people other than yourself?"

"You'd be surprised, Sour. You'd be surprised..." said Sunny. "Besides, you seem like you could use a friend."

Sour blinked, then narrowed her eyes. "What's in it for you?"

"Why, Sour!" Sunny said, in a tone of mock surprise. "Whatever makes you think I have an ulterior motive?"

Sour rolled her eyes. "Because you're you, dumbass!" she yelled. "I don't think you've ever done anything without an ulterior motive!"

Sunny Flare rolled her eyes and smiled. "Sour Sweet...you know me so well! It's like we're becoming friends or something."

Sour rolled her eyes and made a frustrated grunt. "Fine. If it gets you off my back, I'll tell you anything."

"That's the spirit!" Sunny said, trying to hide the devilish gleam in her eyes.

Sour told Sunny about Lemon's outburst in the hall, but left out her confession. She didn't want any other people to know. Sour then followed it up by telling her about the fight, even though she knew it happened.

Sunny made a hissing noise through her teeth. "Ouch." she said. "Rough day."

"Rough day?" said Sour. "Rough day?! Rough life is more like it!" she said, unaware of the tears she was shedding. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather be alone and miserable than spend one more minute next to you!" Sour said, walking away.

Sunny blinked. Looks like today won't be so boring after all... The warning bell for third period rang, and Sunny made a break for her classroom.

---------------------------------------------

Sunny stretched and yawned as she left her third period classroom. Well...that was a class. Nothing special though. she stroked her chin in thought. Now then...how can I use what I learned from Sour Sweet? She bumped into someone while still in her thoughts. "Watch where you're going!" she snapped. A purple and magenta-haired girl with her hair up in a bun yelped and pulled at her hair, her nervous eyes shimmering behind her glasses. Sunny rolled her eyes and walked over to the counselor's offices. She sighed. Well, I'm not looking forward to this...but a promise is a promise. I just want to get this over with so I can move on with my life. She went into the reception area and waited, getting antsy. Why am I getting so nervous? she thought. I'm not planning on telling him or her anything serious. I'll just make it a 'getting to know you' sort of thing. She frowned. But father's right...some day I'll have to tell the full story.

"Sunny Flare?" a voice called out.

Well...here we go.