• Published 24th May 2018
  • 1,587 Views, 174 Comments

Before the Friendship Games: Sunny Flare - CapNTilfy



Sunny Flare lives a perfect life...so why is she struggling? Book Two of The Crystal Prep Chronicles: Before the Friendship Games

  • ...
2
 174
 1,587

Trauma

Sunny regained conciousness in...Crystal Prep? She was walking the halls with no one the wiser to her condition, and she wanted to keep it that way for as long as she could help it.

Still, she felt scared and insecure, worried that someone would find out and tell Principal Cinch. Then her condition would be the least of her worries.

She had told her parents and her boyfriend, and though they were initially shocked they supported her.

It had been a couple of weeks since she broke the news, and she now faced an uncertain future.

Before she could have another thought, a wave of searing pain struck her in the stomach, causing her to fall to the floor, doubled over in pain.

The next thing she knew, she was lying on a gurney being pushed by a doctor. Her mother, father, and boyfriend were following closely with fright and concern on their faces.

She tried to speak to them, only for an even stronger wave of pain to wrack her body as she shrieked and writhed in utter agony.

"It's okay, Sunflare! I'm right here, you're going to be okay!" Said Rutherford, tears streaming down his face.

"We're all here for you, honey! Just hang in there and you'll pull through!" Said Shimmering Glaze, her eyes getting misty.

"We all love you so very much, Sunny Flare! We won't leave your side until this is all over!" Said Stellar Tycoon, barely able to keep from sobbing.

Sunny's gurney came to a complete stop into an operating room, all the lights blinding her. She could hear her own heartbeat along with the beeping of the heart monitor.

The surgeons all spoke to one another, but Sunny couldn't hear a word they said as her heartbeat and the heart monitor gradually sped up...until her heart stopped beating and her pulse flatlined. The lights became brighter and brighter as her pulse continued to flatline... Then after half a minute, her heart started beating again and her pulse returned.

After her operation, she was wheeled into the recovery room, where her parents and boyfriend embraced her, bursting into tears.

A few minutes later, Sunny Flare was brought to a desk where she had to do some paperwork. A doctor handed her a clipboard with paper on it. Sunny Flare's eyes widened with horror as she stared at the piece of paper filled with the words "Non-Viable" and "Miscarriage".

-------------------------

Sunny woke up with a start, this time in a different hospital room. She looked out the window of her room, noticing the sun was out and shining. She looked around and saw flowers on one of the chairs that was placed next to her bed. She had an IV stuck in her, so she knew she'd have to get up slowly. She sighed, and slowly got up.

This has got to be the strangest dream I've ever had, she thought as she slowly walked towards the bedroom door.

As she got closer to the door, she heard her father's voice. "I don't care how horrid of a person she is!" He whispered sharply into the phone. "I have no interest in joining your little rebellion!" He paused for a moment, listening intently. "I am thinking of my daughter's future, which, by the way, is in serious jeopardy... again!" Stellar said as he hung up on whoever he was speaking to.

She peeked her head out to look around, trying not to be noticed by her father. She wanted the lay of the land before anything else happened.

She recognized this location as the local hospital, with visitors and doctors in scrubs walking through the hallways, each of them with a clear destination.

As she looked around, she noticed her mother sitting in a chair a few feet away, her head in her hands as her body shook and convulsed.

Oh, my god...is she crying ? thought Sunny as she put her hand to her mouth. Wait...am I...dead? she thought to herself. She put her hand to her forehead and sighed. What on Earth happened to me?!

Sunny slowly and quietly walked back into her room and was about to get back into her bed when the memory of last night hit her like a freight train. Her eyes widened in horror and she began to hyperventilate as a chill took hold of her entire body. All of this had happened in an instant, overwhelming her senses and causing Sunny Flare to let loose a shriek unlike any she had ever had before.

This caused several doctors and her parents to come scrambling into the room.

As the staff and her family rushed towards her, she had another horrible realization...Oh god...I had the dream! she thought as she let loose another shriek of anguish, then blacked out again.

--------------------------------

Sunny slowly regained conciousness again, but this time she was barely able to move. Both her mother and her father were by her side, looking even more frightened than they had the day she lost her unborn child.

"Honey? Are you okay?" Asked her father, his voice quavering.

"I...I...don't...know." Sunny said slowly.

Her mother leaned in closely, taking her daughter by the hand. "After you blacked out from all that screaming, the doctors thought it would be a good idea to inject you with some sort of sedative." she said. "It'll keep you calm."

Tears formed in Sunny's eyes. "Mother...Father...I had the dream."

Sunny's parents took one of her hands and held them with both of theirs. "We're so sorry..."

"For what?" asked Sunny, confused until it hit her. "Mother...Father... where's Rutherford?"

They both looked at her, tears in their eyes. "When the paramedics came..." her father said as he choked up. "They saw someone in front of you."

Sunny slowly shook her head in disbelief. "No..." she whispered.

"You were lucky, Sunny...you only got scrapes and bruises..." said her mother.

Tears began to fall from Sunny's eyes. "No...please, no..." she whispered.

"The drunk driver was arrested on the spot...but..." said her father.

Sunny could barely hold back the tears she felt coming.

"Rutherford quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and jumped in front of you so he could take the brunt of the crash..." said her mother.

Sunny began shedding tears.

"I'm so very sorry, honey... Rutherford didn't make it...he sacrficed himself so you could live." her father said, his voice cracking.

Sunny broke down, sobbing uncontrollably. Her parents hugged her as tightly as they could, and they cried as a family. Sunny's parents shedding tears for their daughter's safety, and Sunny herself shedding tears of mourning for her lost prince.

Author's Note:

Six days until the Friendship Games.