• Published 7th May 2018
  • 2,037 Views, 114 Comments

Chasing Twilight Stars - RejectOwl



A smokey gray colt is left on the steps of the Castle of Friendship. Twilight steps up as his mother. How will our newest little prince handle his life?

  • ...
6
 114
 2,037

Chapter 10

"Explain." Cadance said, sitting beside Twilight.

"A foal was left on my doorstep, I adopted them. Done." Twilight smirked.

"That's not good enough!" Shining Armour exclaimed.

"Oh fiiiine, I guess if you want the long version." Twilight smiled.

"I got woken up one morning awhile back, days? What are those? I don't remember at this point. My sleep schedule is so out of whack... anyway, a mare apparently couldn't care for her foal, even though, ya know, there's an orphanage in the next town and I'm fairly certain Mayor Mare could have definitly helped her out and gotten funds or something. She said she was homeless, but..." Twilight trailed off. Surely they'd have noticed a homeless pregnant mare? "Well, while I was caring for him until I could get him to the orphanage myself, another foal who'd been there told me how terrible they were, long story short, I investigated, they are awful, I decided Star Chaser wasn't going there. Ever."

"Oh come on! There's got to more to it than that!" Cadance exclaimed with fake dramatics.

"He nuzzled me and I was doomed." Twilight smiled. "I just... I was going to just take care of him, foster him you know? But then he started getting happy when I was around, and I put him in my arms to calm him and he nuzzled up against me and I didn't know your heart breaking out of love was a thing but it is, I felt it in my heart Cadance that I was never going to let him go."

"If you ever need help with him, I'd be more than happy to." Cadance smiled.

"Me too!" Shining Armour added.

"And of course your mother and I would love to have him once in awhile." Night Light grinned.

There was a collective sigh from the group as they turned to watch the adorable subject of their conversation, who was currently in a minor game of tug-o-war over a stuffy with Flurry Heart.

Flurry Heart tugged it away and began to run with it.

Star Chaser ran clumsily after the little pink alicorn that was racing ahead of him, unfortunately for him, being older, she was much faster on her hooves.

Star Chaser tumbled forwards and began to cry, causing Flurry Heart to swiftly turn around and offer him a hug.

Star Chaser gripped her wing and gently chewed on it while Flurry Heart giggled at the strange tickling sensation, she flailed her legs in glee and began to run again.

Star Chaser pouted at his newfound friend running away.

"Awww, did she escape you my little Star?" Twilight asked with a laugh.

"Catch her Star Chaser, she deserves foal jail after all the sleepless nights. Go catch the fugitive!" Cadance cheered.

"Are you encouraging my son to attack your daughter?" Twilight laughed.

"Yes." Cadance answered, and the others burst out laughing.

"Don't hurt her too bad Star Chaser!" Twilight called.

"She's an alicorn, she's mostly indestructible!" Cadance called back in reply, as the two foals began to chase each other again in a game of tag.

"Did anypony ever even teach the rules for tag? Or do we just instinctively know it?" Night Light asked as Star Chaser became "it" and chased after Flurry Heart.

"Gotta be instinct, I don't even remember learning it." Shining Armour answered.

"I remember learning it." Twilight answered.

"Where, from a book?" Cadance teased.

"No!" Twilight exclaimed. "......yes."

Twilight blushed in embarrassment as the group laughed.

Author's Note:

I know it's a short one. :P