• Published 19th Apr 2018
  • 2,222 Views, 54 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle - Chaos04



Spike is a young boy who attends Canterlot junior making new friends and gose on adventures

  • ...
23
 54
 2,222

A New Friend

Discord was sleeping peacefully in his bed as the sun was rising. Last night was completely fruitless. Even with the help of Twilight and Thorax, he still couldn’t find Spike.

The sunlight shone through his window, rousing him from sleep. The boy yawned and stretched, stood up and got changed. Afterward, he went to the kitchen to make his own breakfast, since his parents were already at work. One toast with jam later, he left out the front door.

During his walk to school, he kept a close eye out for Spike, looking across every street and through every alleyway, hoping to see him.

Instead, he saw another welcome sight. There on the street was a girl his own age. Someone he remembered seeing once before.

“Hey,” he greeted her.

The girl flinched, and hid behind her armload of books when she was approached.

“Um...Hi?” she said, her voice barely a whisper.

“You’re friends with Twilight Sparkle, aren’t you?”

“Y-Yes.”

“I don’t know if you remember, but we met at the beach a few days ago. Well, didn’t really meet. My name’s discord,” he said

“I’m Fluttershy.”

“Listen, I don’t want to impose on you, but I kind of need a favor,” Discord said.

“Alright...It’s not anything dangerous, is it?” Fluttershy asked.

“No. I just need some help looking for a--a friend of mine,” Discord answered, not quite sure what his relation to Spike was. “You remember Spike, don’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Well, he’s been missing a few days. Me and my friends have been looking for him, but we can’t seem to find him anywhere. If you do see him, could you tell me or Twilight about it?”

“Alright. Sure.”

Fluttershy turned to walk away, but was nearly thrown off balance by the weight of the books she was carrying.

“Why don’t I help you with that?” Discord said.

He took the books from Fluttershy, and helped her carry them on the way to school. They were almost to their destination, when Fluttershy saw a familiar face.

“Oh, there’s Twilight. Twilight!” she called to her friend.

Twilight heard the call, and jogged over to greet her friends.

“Fluttershy. Hey,” she said. “Discord. Any luck?”

“No. I’m starting to think that Spike just isn’t around here anymore,” Discord answered.

Twilight sighed quietly. Even though she didn’t like the idea, she knew that it was probably the most probable outcome. After all the things that had been going wrong in his life, it would be no wonder if he decided to leave it all behind him.

“You know, I’ve never actually seen you around this school before,” Fluttershy said.

“That’s because I haven’t been going to this school before,” Discord said, as he handed back Fluttershy’s books. “So, I've got to get to the principal's office, so I can collect my planner and my locker code,” he said, before walking away.

When Discord entered the office, he saw a familiar face. “Thorax?”

The boy looked at him seeing it was Discord.

“Discord? Don’t tell me you’re going here too,” he said.

“Yeah. Just enrolled, actually. So, you didn’t happen to see anything on your way home, did you?”

“There's nothing we can do about it now. I’m guessing you’re here to see the principal, so that’s where we should go.”

Upon entering the principal’s office, they were greeted by a tall woman in a brown suit, with a flowing mane of rainbow-colored hair. “Ah, you two must be the newly enrolled students. Please, have a seat.”

The boys did as instructed, and took a seat in the chairs she had set for guests.

“I suppose introductions are in order. Welcome to Canterlot High School. I’m your principal, Celestia.”

“Discord.”

“Thorax.”

Principal Celestia waited a moment to see if either boy wanted to say anything else. When they didn’t, she got right to business. “Thorax you're a recent transfer. But, Discord, you've not attended for three days,” she said.

“Let's say I've been busy.”

“In any case, your tour guide is here. So, have a pleasant day,” she pointed to the door, as it opened, and in walked a girl they both instantly recognised.

“Ready?” Twilight said, smiling.

They hardly started walking the hall of Canterlot High, when Discord took a sudden turn.

“I'll be right back. Gotta do something,” Discord said running off.

This left Twilight alone with Thorax, who tried making polite conversation.

“Twilight. How have you been?”

“Great!!” she blushed embarrassed. They waited for a while, but Discord still didn't return.

“Ah...you wanna come with me for lunch?” he asked with red cheeks

Twilight nodded, readily agreeing to the notion. Until a thought came to her mind.

“What if we get in trouble?”

“Don't worry I got friends on the other side.”

___________________________________________


It was lunch time. The five friends were waiting for Fluttershy and Twilight but they didn't show up.

“Where are they, I thought we all agreed to meet in the music room,” said Rarity, looking around for any sign of them.

Then they saw Garble approaching with a smile. “Hey losers how's it hanging?” he laughed, they glared not wanting anything to do with him.


___________________________________________


It was the first time that Twilight had ever broken a major rule. Cutting class to go on a lunch date was a notion that crossed her mind several times, but she never thought about actually doing it. Now that she was off campus during school hours, her heart was pounding a mile a second.

Thorax too was feeling nervous, but for different reasons. He guided her to a cafe that he had passed by a few times, but never actually entered. It seemed like a nice enough place to spend their lunch.

They ordered their drinks, and took their seats on the outdoor patio.

“So...how are you feeling right now?” Thorax asked.

“I'm still a little shaky about doing this. But, thanks nonetheless,” Twilight answered.

It was nerve wracking for the two, but at the same time fun. If things turned out well here, Twilight could imagine playing hooky again.

____________________________________________


Meanwhile Fluttershy was hanging with Discord on the school grounds. They were having a fun time.

“Fluttershy I.. I want get a drink,” he ran off, unable to tell the truth.

Fluttershy waited for a while, till he returned. “Still thirsty?” she teased laughing, he joined in as the the bell went.

__________________________________________


It was the end of the day as everyone left the school grounds excited for the weekend.

“Twi! Fluttershy! Where were you earlier? We had to deal Garble earlier, and it would have been less of a pain with more people,” Sunset admonished.

“How about we all go to the beach tomorrow?” Fluttershy suggested. “And why don’t you all bring your sisters too.”

Everyone nodded at the idea. For the rest of they day, they would try to enjoy their time together. Afterward, they would make preparations for the day at the beach.