• Published 19th Apr 2018
  • 2,217 Views, 54 Comments

Equestria Girls Spikebelle - Chaos04



Spike is a young boy who attends Canterlot junior making new friends and gose on adventures

  • ...
23
 54
 2,217

Harmony Vs Chaos Part 2 And Defeat

The girls were in the mall, hiding from the eyes of Discord. For minutes that seemed like hours, they were hiding there in the deserted mall. It seemed like everyone else had run and taken cover somewhere. That, or they disappeared off the face of the planet.

“This is nuts. How'd that awkward kid get that kind o’ power?” Applejack said.

“I don't know. But, what I do know is if we don't beat him things are going to get worse,” Twilight said, wracking her brain for a solution to the predicament.

Before Twilight could think too hard, there came a sudden rumbling that took them all off their feet. The girls tumbled and rolled around the floor of the mall, as merchandise fell off the shelves. Pinkie had to pull Rarity by her ankles to keep her from getting crushed by a falling display.

The shaking stopped, and the world inside the mall was now as jumbled and chaotic as the world outside. Merchandise was attached to the ceiling. Shelves showed no perspective, and pointed in any which direction toward no point on the horizon. Objects grew smaller the closer the girls got to them.

“What the heck is this!?” Dash said, before she bumped into a vending machine the size of a suitcase as though it were full sized.

One wall folded itself outward and on top of the building, revealing the outside world. Everything was floating in the air on chunks of rock like some kind of asteroid belt.

“Twilight, things have gotten waaaaay worse,” Pinkie said.


Back in the boutique, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo had been concocting a plan to help their older friends and save Spike. However, after that earthquake that just happened, everything had gone topsy turvy. Quite literally.

The entire inside of the boutique had been replaced with an endless expanse of staircases. Stairs on the floor, stairs on the ceiling, stairs on the walls. Many of them often led to nowhere, but at the same time to everywhere.

“Scootaloo? Apple Bloom?” Where are you?” Sweetie Belle said, as she stood on one of the walls.

“Up here!” Scootaloo’s voice called from the ceiling. Currently, she was running up a flight of stairs, then to a landing which led to another flight.

“Girls, I ain’t got much horse sense: but, somethin’ screwy’s goin’ on around here,” Apple Bloom said, as she navigated the stairs, finding that she was only going in a circle.

The kids tried navigating the steps further. Scootaloo tripped, and fell around the edge of a platform, finding herself walking on the topside now.

“Did you see that just now!?” Scootaloo said.

“Ya know, I’m startin’ to think this might be a bit too much to handle,” Apple Bloom said, as she climbed one set of stairs. She jumped from one flight to the next. Instead of jumping over to the next flat platform, Apple Bloom’s momentum took her right to the wall, where she whizzed past Sweetie Belle, who caught her by the hand.

“Big or not, we still have a responsibility here. Do you think our sisters can handle something like this alone?” Sweetie Belle said, as she helped her friend up.

“I think it’s gonna take more than six teens an’ a bunch o’ kids to fix this,” Apple Bloom answered, as she stepped up to the surface of the stairs on the wall.

“I think Sweetie Belle’s right. For something this big, we’re going to need all the help we can get, no matter who it’s from,” Scootaloo said.

Scootaloo jumped off her platform to the next one, only to find that instead of dropping down, she went straight upward. After momentarily disappearing out of sight, she popped up from the bottom of the room, and landed on a platform there.

“First thing’s first, let’s figure out how to get to the door,” Sweetie Belle said, as she and Apple Bloom walked down the stairs to the platform Scootaloo was on.

There came a sound like a metallic plinking. Like something had suddenly dropped into the boutique.

Looking to the source, the kids all saw that there was a small, reflective ball of mirrored glass bouncing up a flight of stairs, as opposed to down. The ball bounced up a flight of stairs on a wall, and dropped directly downward when it was above the children.

Sweetie Belle caught it in her open palm, finding it to be unusually cold. She and her friends looked at its surface, their three reflections appearing on it fourfold in a circular arrangement, like numbers on a clock.
Their reflections on the surface started to swirl and contort, then they merged and arranged themselves into a shape unlike any creature they had ever seen.

“So, you want to help, huh?” said the many mouths of the reflected children, but in a voice the recognized as not their own. “I think I’ve got just the job for you.”

The images of the girls rearranged themselves into the shape of a hand, which lifted from the surface of the mirrored ball and grew to a size large enough to grab all three children at once. With a scream, they were pulled into the surface of the ball.

The ball rippled and waved like the surface of water, and morphed and expanded into the exact shape and form of Canterlot High. Dropped into the scene next were Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, who all gasped in horror at what they saw before them.


Twilight had discovered a minor solution to their problem. Every time she used her magical geode to levitate two pieces of the ground back together, she found that they would rejoin together at the edges like two drops of water. This expedited the problem of moving from one street to the next, though she and the six others had to be cautious not to slip in the soapy road.

As they walked, a lamp post split itself four ways from the bottom, its metal covering curling up like old wallpaper. Underneath, there was not wiring, but a layer of bark. From the middle, the bark melted into the ground, and put down roots. The metal stopped curling partway up, and the post started waving as if it had a life of its own. Metal branches grew from the ‘trunk,’ and swung about as they produced leaves with hanging wires.

Rarity had to duck to avoid the swinging branches, nearly ruining her hair in the process.

“Oh, this place is horrible now! Fluttershy, you really know how to pick them,” Rarity said.

“But--but he....” Fluttershy didn’t know what to say. Whatever happened to Discord, he was a far cry from the boy she met on the curb that day. Something happened to him, and she knew it would be up to her to save him.

There came a sound like ringing bells as the wires on the lamp-trees started swinging. In spite of the light the trees were giving off, the street grew darker as the lights grew brighter.

The Rainbooms covered their ears, trying to block out the noise of the horrible bells. Their effort was in vain, as the sound seemed to be coming from within their very ears. Joining the bells came the sound of manic laughter.

“So, how are you girls liking my little modifications?” asked Discord’s voice from nowhere.

“Discord, you have to stop this now! Don’t you realize what you’re doing to people’s lives?” Sunset said, trying to find the source of the voice.

“Sure. I’m spicing things up a little for these guys. Ever seen some of these people walking around? They’re dull. They’re uninspired. They could use a little excitement in their lives,” Discord’s disembodied voice reasoned.

“Then what about what you’re doing to us?” Fluttershy said. “I thought you were such a sweet boy before, and now look what you’ve done!”

Discord’s voice was silent for a moment. It seemed as if Fluttershy had struck a chord with him, until he started talking again.

“Fluttershy…” his voice said, before exhaling harshly, “I’m going to show you all something. So you won’t try interfering anymore.”

The lamp-trees all started falling down like standing timber, and rolled into the middle of the soapy street. There, their branches and trunks started twisting around one another, and arranged themselves into an animated scene of Canterlot High. From there, the branches all meshed and linked together to simulate the images of a cage dropping from the sky. Trapped within the cage were three young girls, all very dear to the Rainbooms.

“That’s my sister!!” Rarity shrieked.

Applejack began seething with rage at the sight of her captive sister.

“Discord,” she growled, “If ya know what’s good for ya, yer gonna let those kids go right now!”

“Yeah! What have they got to do with anything?” Rainbow Dash added.

“Just a little insurance is all. If you care anything about these children--” Discord said, before the animated image of the cage started shaking, making the kids within yelp and scream, “--You’ll turn around and just enjoy the chaos.”

The twisted branches of the lamp-trees all meshed into one another, and fused to one solid piece. After that, the gigantic metal sphere bounced down the street like an errant pinball.

Fluttershy had to be pulled out of the way by her friends, as the ball came rolling toward her. She and her friends had their backs slammed against a brick wall. More than the pain in her back, Fluttershy was anguished over what had become of the boy she had dated only hours before.


Spike was running through the messy streets of Canterlot. Where he was, the ground was intact, but the streets were still completely hazardous.

The boy jumped from the curb, just as the sidewalk started rolling up behind him like a long rug, and into the soapy streets.

The street bulged upward and opened like a great set of jaws.

Spike ramped up one end, and flew over the open chasm. Glancing down, he saw what looked like a geyser of gravel sprout up and harden. Fortunately, Spike was over on the other side just as it happened.

Down the street Spike went, until he hit another curb, and rolled to a stop. Shaking his head, Spike stood back up and found that he was now in front of Canterlot High School. There, he heard a chorus of screams.

Running to the front gate, Spike was greeted by the sight of Sweetie Belle and her two friends suspended in a cage that was hovering in the middle of the campus courtyard.

Putting his objective to discover what was happening aside, he ran onto the campus, and started climbing the statue in the courtyard.

“What was that jerk thinking!?!” Scootaloo said, after the cage stopped swinging.

“Who cares!? We gotta get outta here first!” Apple Bloom said.

She, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all started fighting against the locked door.

“It’s no good. It’s locked tight,” Sweetie Belle said, “How are we going to get out of here?”

The entire cage shook and tilted to one side, sending the girls sliding to the opposite end. There, Sweetie Belle found herself face to face with the one she was looking for.

“Spike!”

“Hey girls,” Spike said.

“Where have you been!? Sweetie’s been half sick ever since you got kidnapped!” Apple Bloom said.

“They let me go, after they met my dad in jail.”

“Your dad’s in jail!?” Scootaloo said.

“Do you want to hear a really long story, or do you want me to get you out? Now, where’s the lock on this thing?” Spike said, his legs dangling in the air.

“Over here. On the opposite side,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Alright. Hang on,” Spike said.

The boy started shimmying around the edge, until he was at the front.

“Okay. Which one of you girls has a bobbypin, or something, Spike asked.

“Here. Sweetie Belle offered, as she took the pin from her hair.

Spike took the pin from his friend, and set to work undoing the lock. In fact, he seemed to be doing too much work.

“You sure you know what yer doin’?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Yes. I used to do this when I broke into houses way back,” Spike answered.

“You broke into houses too!?” Scootaloo said indignantly.

“Look, I learned a skill and it’s paying off. Unless you want me to go looking around for some keys, this is as best I got,” Spike said, just before the lock clicked and the door swung open, leaving him dangling over the ground.

“Spike!” Sweetie Belle said, as she reached for him.

“Don’t worry. I’m fine,” Spike answered, just before he was hit by a bolt of blue lightning, and dropped to the ground.

The girls shrieked as Spike dropped, and quickly started swinging the cage closer to the statue to start climbing down it.

“Aw…” Spike groaned, as he picked himself up from the ground. When he saw who had attacked him, Spike was struck by a mixture of anger, shock and confusion. “Discord?”

Discord didn’t answer. He welled up his hands with golden orbs, and threw them both directly at Spike.

Spike dodged the first attack, but was hit by the second. He tried catching it, but his hands were pushed into his chest, and he was knocked over.

This was a far cry from the friend he had made on the beach those days ago. Whatever this was, he knew that it was not Discord.


By now, the girls were not far from Canterlot High. Their mission now had two objectives: stop Discord, and rescue the children.

In their minds the ones responsible for the younger girls were desperately hoping the children were alright.

One more corner turned, and they were running alongside the campus walls. When they reached the front gate, they found Spike desperately trying to protect the others from Discord’s magical attacks.

“Discord!” Fluttershy called to him.

Discord stopped his attack momentarily, before he turned to face the girls who had arrived.

“I told you to stay away,” Discord said, “Don’t you care anything about what happens to these kids?”

“Yes! And that’s exactly why we’re here, jerk!” Rainbow Dash said. “Now, hand them over, or we’ll take them!”

“You want to try? That little punk’s been trying to do just that for about ten minutes now,” Discord said, pointing to Spike, who was kneeling on the ground, battered and bruised.

The girls looked at the sight of the younger girls protectively surrounding Spike. One look at the boy’s face, and they could see the fierce determination he had to keep going and protect his friends.

“Discord,” Twilight authoritatively began, “We’re going to stop you, no matter what it takes. For the sake of everyone, we have to.”

“Isn’t that funny. The sight of a thug protecting the girl he attacked gets you all gung-ho to protect others,” Discord chuckled. “I’m going to make this simple: you can’t beat me. Look at me. I’ve got all this power!”

“But…” Fluttershy began. Her chest clutched, afraid to say her next words, and more afraid of what would happen when she did. “...But, I loved you when you didn’t…”

Discord’s chaotic mind began to twist with anguish. Between his love for Fluttershy and his desire to carry out his chaotic whims, his head felt ready to pop.

“Shut up…” Discord said “Just shut up!!”

Discord fired more beams of energy from his hands. The girls all scattered from the attack, and tried to counter, only to be struck before they could even try.

“Discord! Stop!” Fluttershy pleaded.

Nearby, Twilight was lying on the ground, and Discord was aiming squarely toward her.

All thoughts left Fluttershy, as she ran to protect Twilight. Her own voice sounded muffled to herself as she begged Discord aloud to stop what he was doing. Quicker than she knew, her feet were off the ground, as she dove in front of Twilight.

“Fluttershy!!” Twilight shouted, as her friend too, the full brunt of the attack.

Discord stood frozen at what he had done. There were very few people in his life that he ever cared about, and now he was responsible for nearly killing one of them.

With her head cradled in Twilight’s arms, Fluttershy cracked an eye open to see Discord furiously repelling the attacks of all the others, and countering in turn. As he fought, she noticed there was something else under Discord’s shirt. A piece of rock like from a statue embedded in his flesh. The very thing she had seen the night before.

Slowly, she moved her hand to her own geode and took hold of it.

“Fluttershy, no! Save your strength,” Twilight implored, placing her hand over Fluttershy’s.

In an act of uncharacteristic aggression, Fluttershy swatted Twilight’s hand away and took hold of her geode again. Taking careful aim, she fired a direct beam of magical energy into Discord’s chest, right into the stone fragment.

Discord screamed and convulsed, as he started taking the form of a deformed monster.

Spike and the girls all backed away from the creature, as it started slowly turning into a statue.

In seconds, the monstrous mishmash of disparate creatures was frozen. Solidified into the very same rock Fluttershy had seen under his shirt.

All around, the city started turning back to normal. Roads were set right. Buildings were turned rightside-up. Every broken piece of the ground was set back to its proper place. Even Fluttershy and Spike found that all of their injuries had healed.

Everyone on the campus stared at the statue that was once their friend. Fluttershy rushed forward to the statue, and gently placed her hand on the surface.

The surface of the statue started to crack. Fluttershy backed away, and the statue crumbled to pieces. Discord fell out from within, back to the form the others knew.

The pieces of the statue all rolled away, as a familiar cackle was heard, and disappeared through the portal at the base of the statue.

Nobody said anything. They all stared utter shock at the sight before them.

Fluttershy knelt down, and picked up Discord in her arms. He was breathing rapidly, and his forehead was flushed red. Tears started leaking from his closed eyes, which Fluttershy wiped away.

“Fluttershy…?” Discord asked.

“Mm-hm,” Fluttershy nodded.

“Fluttershy...I’m sorry...I’m so damn sorry…” Discord shuddered.

“Discord, it’s okay. The nightmare’s over,” Fluttershy said, joining him in his tears, and hugging him close.

Twilight took a single step forward, but was stopped by Rarity holding her arm. Looking back, Twilight saw Rarity shake her head. Twilight knew her friend was right. She should allow the two time together for just a moment.

“Wow...This is something you never forget seeing,” Scootaloo said.

Whatever Apple Bloom answered, Sweetie Belle hadn’t heard it. She noticed that Spike had suddenly gone, and was walking toward the front gate.

“Spike,” she called to him, as she ran over.

Spike turned around, and was soon faced with Sweetie Belle.

“Spike, where are you going?”

“I don’t know, really. Somewhere else, I guess,” Spike answered.

“Spike, why do you have to make this so damn difficult?” Sweetie said, “You don’t need to keep running from the people you care about. That’s what we’re here for: so you don’t have to run.”

Spike thought a moment back on everything that had happened up to this point. Losing his mum. Meeting Discord, Twilight, Sweetie Belle and Thorax. Ditching Garble. Reconnecting with his dad. And now, he had as close to a real family as he could get.

“Alright. You want to go to the beach?” Spike said.

“Nah. I’m sick of the beach. Let’s go to the park instead,” Sweetie Belle said, taking Spike’s hand and leading him away.


Unknown to everyone, not every piece of the statue returned to the world from whence it came. One piece had gotten a devious idea, and started rolling to the next host who could make such use of its powers.


In Canterlot prison, everything had gone to hell. The dead bodies of innumerable guards littered the floor, and violent prisoners ran rampant. Whatever guards survived were locked into various cells.

Pharynx sat in the warden’s office. The warden himself was stuck to the wall by a wooden chair leg through his neck, while Pharynx swiveled himself around. Life was finally good for him. And it was about to get better, as Tirek walked in.

“Tirek, my man. How’s the work with Sombra going? He want to rejoin yet?” Pharynx asked.

“Not yet. And I gave him everything I got. I even resorted to the dusters,” Tirek said, holding up his fist, which was clad in bloody metal.

“Hm...well, keep working on him. He’ll crack sooner or later. And, if his head cracks first: hey, give him a little lobotomy. That might change his mind.”

Whether or not that was a sick joke, Tirek didn’t want to know. Without another word, he left the office, keeping one eye trained on Pharynx.

Once the man-mountain was gone, Pharynx pressed the intercom button on his desk.

“Chrysalis? You there?” he asked.

“What do you need?” Chrysalis answered.

“Nothing really. I’m just thinking about how bad that one guard pissed me off when I was reminiscing with Sombra. You remember her, the one with the eyepatch?”

“Yeah. What about her?” Chrysalis’s voice answered.

“I was just thinking I really wanted her out of the picture. But, I want it to be something really special. Take her to death row, and strap her into whatever death machine they have here. Then, turn it on at its lowest setting. That should teach her to intrude on my private time,” Pharynx answered.

Even though she couldn’t see him, Chrysalis knew he was smiling that twisted smile of his.

“Will do,” Chrysalis said, with a hint of apprehension.

Pharynx leaned back in his chair, and looked out the office window at the prison yard. Down below, the previously incarcerated criminals were having an impromptu gang war, fighting one another with whatever weapon they could get their hands on.

There was hardly any time to enjoy the sight, when a rock came flying through the closed window.

“What the--!!!?” Pharynx said. Before he even had a chance to find the vandal and tear him limb from limb, the rock floated in the air and started crackling with magical energy.

“What is going on?” Pharynx wondered. Throwing caution to the wind, curiosity took over, as he reached to touch the rock.