• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 852 Views, 38 Comments

Monster's Debt Paid - Jaycren



All debts are eventually called in. All markers must be paid. Not even Deities and monsters are exempt from this rule.

  • ...
4
 38
 852

Fenrir: Honesty On Trial

Applebloom ran along the path to her teacher's house, her sister lagging behind.

"Hey Bloom, not so fast. This place is still dangerous" Applejack cautioned.

"Can't you feel it Sis?" the youngest apple laughed, "The Forest is Glad that its master came."

The red bowed menace shot down the path, soon outdistancing her older sibling. As she rounded a bend in the path a black furred pair of legs blocked her way. Bouncing off of the Lord Of The Everfree, Applebloom wilted as her other teacher shook his head. A chuckling growl was heard from the large King of the woodland.

"Indeed the Everfree is glad of me to see. But your older sister you should mind, this forest is still not kind." Fenrir corrected his young student.

Sinking even further from Fenrir's amused disaproval, Applebloom answered, "Yes sir, I will."

Sniffing the air, he scented the element of honesty, "Your sister will be her soon, of you I must ask a boon."

"Of course Mr. Fenrir sir, whatcha need?" The red haired teen inquired.

Reaching into his vest, Fenrir pulled out 2 vials of liquid.

Handing them to Apple Bloom, he begged, "Honesty, I can not yet face, so the wood I asked to set the pace. I will return after she takes her drink, no matter what you might think. You have the skill to finish the potion, I have not the will or the notion. My dreams of late have been bad, of days when hate was all I had. I fear the monster I was in the past, old wounds long since past. The smell of one who put me in chains most cruel, puts me in a panic true."

Looking upward, Fenrir listened to the breeze. Whimpering to himself he turned and bolted, leaving no trace of his presence.

Standing in shock, Apple Bloom looked down at the incomplete memory potion in her hands.

"Applejack is not gonna like this."


Trotting down the path after her sister, the element of Honesty smirked to herself.

"I can tell your watching me for him," she addressed the forest, "I don't know what happened to him that I inspire so much fear, but I swear I mean him no ill will."

A russling of leaves and a hot wind was the mare's answer.

"Whatever that God of honesty of his did, I'm different. I ain't gonna hurt him. Dang, the damn fool wolf protected my sister and her friends, he'll probably be plowing Zecora soon, if he ain't already, and he made clear he wants to forget his past." Applejack cursed at the forest, "I owe him, horseapples, if Zecora was willing to share, I'd be lining up to get some plowing done myself. I am the last pony that would've any ill will towards him."

The tinkling of water through the leaves mocked her.

Applejack paused, stomping her hoof she snarled, "I should've gotten to Zecora's by now. I know your delaying me. I'm willing to give Fenris some leeway, but I'm only going to go so far. If I don't see my sister soon or arrive at Zecora's, I will be most put out. Comprende, you overgrown weed factory?"

A nervous confirmation in the groaning of the trees answered her.

Continuing on down the path, she came upon her sister. Apple Bloom was sitting on the ground, staring at something in her hands.

"Hey Bloom, whatcha got there?" Applejack asked, "and why in land sake you sitting on the ground like that?"

Raising her eyes to her older sister, Apple Bloom shook herself from her thoughts.

Taking a breath, Apple Bloom took the plunge, "Fenrir gave me the two memory potions. His is done, I just need a bit of your hair for yours," holding one of the bottles up to the light Bloom snarled, "Well, at least he kinda solved the taste problem."

"Kinda?" Applejack asked, "How do you kind solve a problem?"

Apple Bloom raised half lidded eyes at her sister as she deadpanned, "By removing the limiters on both and making it so you and him will experience the sum of each other's experiences," Sighing Applebloom continued, "You won't just see the memory sis, you'll be Fenrir for the duration. You will never forget it, ever, neither. The ingredients that made it taste bad shifted the point of view and dimmed the memories afterwards. This will scorch what he went through into your mind."

"You said he ran off. How is he gonna drink his?" Applejack queried, "you'all can't tell me that he gonna ask you to track him down."

Applebloom shook her head, " You're gonna drink first. Then once your inside his memories, he's gonna drink his. We better get to Zecora's I want to be somewhere safe to use this. Somewhere I can cure the hangover afterward."

Once more in the lead Applebloom led her sister to her mentor's home.


Marble ran towards Ponyville, her heart racing. Tatzulwurms, had her family! They'd just wanted to see where Maud was working. The strata was so pretty, prime rock growing country. Then, those monster's had come. She needed help!

"Help is this way," a quiet voice whispered into Marble's ear, "Find the Alicorn at the Carousel Boutique, she will give you all you need."

Marble halted, glancing around she saw no one. Ponyville was still minutes away.

"Hurry Marble," The voice in her head urged, "we can save them, she will help us.

"Who are you?" Marble whispered, fearfully.

"You already now who," the voice admonished, "Hurry, before we miss our chance.

Swallowing, Marble nodded. "I'm scared, you'll be with me?"

"Of course, the voice reassured, "from now until the end."

Changing direction, Marble did as the voice bid, a little ember of hope burning brighter within the darkness of her fear.

Author's Note:

This took much longer then I wanted, the next story I update/work on will be:

Ballroom Blitz .

Still having some issues. Mostly of the technical variety. I had to type this on my phone. My computer's mousepad decided to crap out on me. But, I carry ever onward!

All Hail The House Of Ren!!!!!