• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 852 Views, 38 Comments

Monster's Debt Paid - Jaycren



All debts are eventually called in. All markers must be paid. Not even Deities and monsters are exempt from this rule.

  • ...
4
 38
 852

Modi: Loyalty’s Punishment

Modi stalked through the forest, his mind awash with the possibilities. Smells tickled his nose, his blood pumping in anticipation of meeting his wolfen brother. Sniffing for sign, he winded the black wolf, moving in the direction of his cousin, he grinned. At last he could ask for forgiveness from the one that he had failed. Maybe Fenrir wouldn't have indulged his anger if even one of the Asgard had held true to their vow of family. But in the end, none of them had. Even Modi had forsaken his oaths of family to the God Of The Wild Places, all but guaranteeing Fenris's fate was assured.

Entering a clearing wthin this wood most Wyld, he paused scenting the air again for any trace of Fenrir. He was interrupted in his scenting as a rainbow colored blur intersected him. Rising back, his eyes narrowing, he beheld a being that was half way between a winged horse and a woman, hovering in his path. Her attire fitting well on such an athletic build, her glare showing that she was less than pleased with him. Smiling, he stepped first to one side, then to the other, watching while she, hovering, moved to block his path. Observing her ease of movement, he smiled again. This was a woman worthy of any challenge.

"Forgive me, oh Valkyrie, but what have I done to earn such a look from a warrioress such as yourself."

Snorting, she proclaimed. "Modi, Son of Thor, I am the Element of Loyalty. My name is Rainbow Dash and everything about you speaks of a betrayer that goes unpunished." Looking at the Asgardian a little closer she said, "Even if you are a sexy beast, I wouldn't mind having ease my heat."

Sighing Modi answered. "Indeed, I am a betrayer. The one that should've been a brother onto me I allowed to be bound and gagged most creully. I was young, but such was not an excuse. I could've sought him out afterwards and at least eased his imprisonment. Instead, I did nothing. So now I seek the one that I hurt, so that I can make amends and seek forgiveness."

Rainbow Dash's eyes narrowed further. "My Element speaks to me of what you and your family did to the one you seek. It has never called to me like this before. It has never spoken through me before. You are a betrayer, the worst of criminals. I can not let you pass, unless you prove your intentions. Modi of the Asgard. God of Courage. Son of Thor. Submit to the judgement of Loyalty."

Modi smiles. "Very well then Rainbow Dash, Element of Loyalty. I submit to your Element's Judgement. Also, after all this has passed, want to grab some food?" Stepping forward, Modi continued. "Formal language aside, submitting to any punishment from you would be a pleasure. You're the most awesome female I've ever encountered. Maybe we can see about easing that heat problem of yours."

Rainbow Dash smirked, "I think if you endure my 'punishment' you might be just awesome enough to be seen with me. Which you better, because I'm going to buck you so good, all other females will be ruined for you. You will be mine forever more."

Smiling Modi nodded his head, ready for whatever the element of loyalty had planned. Dash blurred, grabbing a plundervine along the way. Wrapping Modi entirely, she blurred again, returning with a spined rock urchin. Pulling Modi's mouth open she jammed the spiny shellfish inside. Pausing to look upon her work, she spoke one last time.

"You'll endure til the one you search for finds you. I'm the fastest pegasus in Equestria, I'll find Fenrir. You'll wait here till he comes for you. Such is what Loyalty demands." Shaking her head she finished. "and dude, you'd better not be full of horse apples because I really do want a chance at that fine flank of yours, HMMM HMMM!!!!!"

Bursting into motion, she disappeared, leaving a very uncomfortable Modi behind. Leaning back, he once more smelled the wood around him, heard the prey animals that he should be hunting, felt the urge to run and move.

"This is what Fenrir endured." Modi thought. "I'm going nuts and it's only been moments, Fenrir endured centuries. This crushing loneliness. This inability to experience the heaven that's just out of reach. It's no wonder Fenrir acted as he did. His imprisonment must have driven him insane with rage."

Hearing the movement of a much larger animal, Modi beheld a wolf made entirely of vines and brambles. Green eyes glowed within the face and deeper within the body. Six foot tall at the shoulder, the animal approached sniffling at the Asgardian, the stench of its previous meals thick in Modi's nostrils. Turning back toward the forest it let loose a bark, which called forth a trio of much smaller wolves. These almost seemed.... cute. Each was no larger than the foxes he would run with among the woods of his home. Unable to move, he was powerless as the pups came right up to him. Sniffling him for themselves, one of them yanked the urchin from his jaw, the other two curling up next to him and promptly falling into slumber. The first pup, after first devouring the urchin soon followed it's siblings into dreamland. To Modi's surprise they were soft and snuggly.

"Even for a betrayer, there is kindness." He thought.

The larger wolf wrapped itself around the Asgardian. To Modi's surprise, a voice entered into his head. "You packmate of Alpha?"

Modi smiled, "I was in the past, I'd like to be once again."

Again the voice comforted him, "Then Everfree will protect you. Timberwolves will protect you. Alpha has come. His mate he claimed. He'd want to see old packmate"

The Timberwolf laid its head next to Modi, protecting him from all that might hurt him. For even in the depths of the darkest places there are those that remember Loyalty.