• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 848 Views, 38 Comments

Monster's Debt Paid - Jaycren



All debts are eventually called in. All markers must be paid. Not even Deities and monsters are exempt from this rule.

  • ...
4
 38
 848

Honesty's Torment

Author's Note:

This was originally a bonus chapter that was over on one of my other stories. It was linked from Laughter's imprisonment. The link will stay there for any that want to read the original. The re-edit will stay here and be in a format that more fits this tale, not an interdimensional request line run by a Casey Cassem reject Nylarhotep.

Fenrir runs from Zecora's hut, tears in his eyes and blood underneath his nails. The taste of her flesh on his tongue.

Once again my nightmares feed, Zecora's breasts I hath made bleed. Her throat was in my jaws, as I scratched her with my paws. I must be far from here, to protect the one I hold dear. To the forest I flee, where she will never find me.

Entering into the Everfree, he disappears. The forest enfolding its king. His Heartsong Of Regret Torn From His Throat

Hold On To Me
I Was Hoping You
Could Pull All These Tears From Me
That This Is What I Need
The Wounds I Have
I Need You
To Help Them Stay Clean
Please Hold Onto Me
All These Nightmares Remind Me
Who I Allowed Myself To Be
When I Let Fear And Anger
Make Me Forget The Good Inside Of Me
I See Them Coming Between Us
And I am Running Out Of Places To Hide

Zecora exits her front door, a cloth held against her neck. Her clothing was torn, her breasts hanging free. Long red bloody marks marred them.

Damn this forest for hiding my mate, this place I am beginning to hate. Of His power he is afraid, but such will not scare this maid. This time I was nice, next time he'll need ice. I don't mind playing rough, this Zebra is made of sterner stuff. My heat has only cooled, my wolf had best not be fooled.

Standing within the circle of her yard she calls out.

He wouldn't have gone far, this will not my love life mar. My words will find my King, the forest will listen to his Queen's whim.

Fenrir Come To My Side
With Me You Don't Have To Hide
No Need To Apologize
For What You Were Forced To Become
So Come Back To Bed And Back To My Arms
You Don't Need To Stay Outside
Alone With These Tears You've Cried
No Need For Sorry
For What's Tearing You Apart
It Won't Matter Here
You've Got A New Start
Come Home

Hearing his mates call, he runs deeper into the Everfree.

I hurt her in my sleep, her safety I must keep. I can not go back, knowing that I might attack.

Faster he runs, It was a dream of that hateful day, that almost made me slay.

His Heartsong calls across the distance, as he flees farther from his mate.

Alone Inside Of Me
It Builds Until It Explodes
I'm A Horror
I Can't Hurt You As Well
My Claws Lashed Out And Drew Blood
I Know The Smell
I Can't Keep This Poison
From Hurting Those At My Side

The forest carries the echoes of it's King the many leagues back to Zecora, the pain clear to the Zebra Mare. Taking a breath she curses, then sends her reply.

It may let him my heartsong hear, but to him, the Everfree will not let me near

I Told You, You Don't Have To Hide
I Will Stand Right By Your Side
To Help You See
That All That Was Done
Was Not Your Fault
And No Need To Be Alone Anymore
Come Back, No Need To Hide
This I Will Not Abide
To Know You Suffer
Alone In The Dark
I Don't Care What Tears At Your Heart
Come Home
Come Home
Come Home
Come Home

Fenrir perked his ears, his mate's reply echoing within his head. Turning away from his love he continued his trek, deep into the Everfree. Spotting an isolated cove of trees he settled inside. Waving his clawed hands backward he enclosed himself, the forest bowing to its king. Singing his pain out into the air, he knew the forest would send it back to her. But he would not return this night. He would not again risk her health just so he could have the comfort of another sleeping next to him.

I Can't Go To Your Side
My Claws Must Not Pierce Your Hide
I Chose The Path
That Led To The Things I Have Done
I Will Not Let Any Harm Come To My One
My Howl From Inside
It Echoes Out To You My Bride
I Am Sorry For Breaking Your Heart
But I Can't Stand You Getting Torn Apart
By My Claws

Zecora listens to the echoes of her Fenrir dying across the grove where her home is nestled.

Snarling out into the darkness, she snorts "Of Me Rid, it is not that easy. Fenrir, my love you can not stay hid. When this tantrum is over, come back to your lover. A nightmare from your past is no reason to act the ass. I will hold you till they are done, for I am your one. You can not fight destiny, you will end up with me."

Snorting her indignation at the forest, she returned to her house. Her last words echoing into the darkness as she shut her door.

"That Wolf Thinks I am A Wilting Flower, He Has Not Yet Beheld This Zebra's Power. I am a warrior born, I will not him scorn.
I have been a Storm Caller and a Shaman's Daughter. He is not aware of the power of this mare."

Pausing to lick the blood from her hands she sneers, "With His Claws He Has Marked Me As His Wife When He Returns I Shall Gladly Give My Husband His Own Mark With My Knife."