• Published 23rd Mar 2018
  • 5,313 Views, 121 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's Sick Day - CapNTilfy



Sunset Shimmer isn't feeling so great. Luckily for her, she has friends to keep her company. Book 1 of "Not Just Any Old Day".

  • ...
5
 121
 5,313

Face to Face

Awkward silence followed for a few moments until Equestrian Pinkie Pie nudged human Sunset. Sunset let out a yelp. "I-I'm sorry. This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen, and I've seen some crazy shit!"

Both Fluttershys gave human Sunset a stern look. "Sunset Shimmer! Such language!" they both said.

Human Sunset took a deep breath and let it out, effectively calming herself down. "I'm sorry. I know this is a dream, but I never thought I'd see my Equestrian self and human self in the same place." She sat down on the grass and sighed. "I think I'm having an identity crisis." She rubbed her forehead. This must be how both Twilights felt after the Friendship Games, she thought.

Equestrian Sunset slowly trotted toward her human self. "Like I said, this is weird for me too."

----------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash left her house with a couple of video games in her hands and set off for Sunset's.

I'm heading over to Sunset's! Fluttershy, did you leave the door unlocked? - Sent by Rainbow Dash

I did, you shouldn't have any trouble getting in. - Sent by Fluttershy

Good thing there isn't any magical wackiness going on right now, or we'd be in a pickle! - Sent by Pinkie Pie

For heaven's sake, Pinkie, don't tempt fate! - Sent by Rarity

Hope you have a good time! - Sent by Twilight Sparkle

Has she been drinking her smoothie? - Sent by Applejack

Ignoring the rest of the texts, Rainbow Dash continued forward.

----------------------------------------------

The two Sunsets stared at each other for a moment. Finally, human Sunset spoke.

"So...does this mean I'm talking to...myself?" She said, scratching her head.

Her Equestrian self grinned. "I suppose so."

"What do we talk about? If you and I are the same, then we both pretty much know everything about each other." human Sunset sighed. "We both know what it's like to be both human and a pony. We both know what we've been through all this time..." she rubbed her forehead again. "This is all beyond me...I need a minute."

Suddenly, Equestrian Pinkie Pie's teeth started chattering again. "Looks like you're getting what you want!" she smiled.

----------------------------------------------

"Huh? What?" Sunset said blearily. She blinked and rubbed her eyes. Upon opening them, she saw Rainbow Dash standing over her. Sunset yelped and sat up immediately. "How many times am I going to get startled today?!" She said, frustrated.

Rainbow Dash laughed sheepishly. "Sorry about that."

"It's okay, I'm sorry. I've just been having a-"

"Rough day?" Rainbow Dash finished Sunset's sentence. "I get it." She smiled.

Sunset looked around her living room area. "Where's Fluttershy?"

"She left early. She didn't want to 'accidentally wake you up'." Rainbow Dash grinned.

Sunset smiled and rolled her eyes. "That's Fluttershy for you." She saw that Rainbow had brought a couple of games with her. "Ooh, which games are those?" she said excitedly.

Rainbow Dash put one game in each of her hands. In her left hand was a game titled "Yaks Destroy!". On the cover were many primitive-looking yaks smashing everything in sight. In her right hand was a game titled "Legends of the Past". On that cover was what looked to be human versions of Clover the Clever, Princess Platinum, Smart Cookie, Chancellor Puddinghead, Commander Hurricane and Private Pansy, each striking a unique fighting pose.

"How about 'Yaks Destroy!'?" Sunset said. I think I've had enough with seeing human and Equestrian counterparts, but something tells me I haven't yet seen the end of it, she thought to herself.

"You're on!" Said Rainbow Dash. "Think you can beat my high score?"

As she and Rainbow Dash played, Sunset again found herself looking back on her history with one of her friends. When she first met her, Sunset saw Rainbow Dash as an obnoxious, self-centered, and hotheaded jock. The two of them would get into fights just about as often as Sunset did with Applejack. As Sunset got to know Rainbow better, she found her unyielding loyalty to be admirable. What is with me and reminiscing today? Must be the fever or something, she thought.

"One more game, then I'm catching some Zs." Said Sunset. "The tiebreaker."

"Wouldn't have it any other way!" Agreed Rainbow Dash. She took another look at Sunset. "Umm...are you okay?"

Sunset looked weary. "I'm fine, but can you tell Princess Celestia not to raise the sun so close to my house? Seriously, it's like two hundred degrees in here!" She started taking her shirt off.

"Whoa, Sunset!" Rainbow stood up quickly. "I know we're close friends and all, but at least warn me when you're gonna strip! Let me at least turn the thermostat down!" She ran to the thermostat and turned down the temperature.

Sunset meant to say "Thanks, Dash, you're the best.", but what she ended up saying was "Thinksdashyordabes." Sunset then feel asleep.

Uh, guys? Sunset started sweating like crazy, and she tried to take off her clothes in front of me! I had to turn down the temperature to stop her! - Sent by Rainbow Dash

I didn't know Sunset swung that way! - Sent by Pinkie Pie

No, Pinkie, it means her fever's breaking! She's on the road to recovery! - Sent by Twilight Sparkle

Finally, some good news! - Sent by Rarity

Well it's about damn time! - Sent by Applejack

Yay! - Sent by Fluttershy

----------------------------------------------
Back in her dream, Sunset approached Equestrian Celestia. "What's with bringing the sun so close to my hou-" She cut herself off as realization dawned on her. "Oooohhh, my fever broke!" She blushed in embarrassment. Took my body long enough, she thought. Equestrian Celestia simply smiled. Before another word could be spoken, Sunset was woken up.

----------------------------------------------

Sunset opened her eyes to a very concerned Rainbow Dash. "Hey...are you okay?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Sorry I freaked out on you, I was in the moment."

Sunset blinked then smiled. "It's okay, Dash. It looks like my fever finally broke."

"That's what Twilight said was happening." Rainbow Dash smiled. "Get back to sleep, I just wanted to check in on you. I won't leave until Twilight gets here."

"Thanks." Sunset said as she nodded off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------

Returning to her dream, she felt a nice breeze envelop her. Realizing that could only mean one thing: the Rainbows had arrived.

Racing each other at top speed throughout the landscape, a blue blur on the ground and a blue blur in the air went along a set path, while everyone else cheered them both on.

"So, did I miss much?" Asked Sunset.

Human Pinkie Pie grinned. "Not much, they actually just started!"

Okay, Sunset reviewed to herself. So we have both Princess Celestias, Raritys, Pinkie Pies, Applejacks, Fluttershys...both of me as well as both Rainbow Dashes. All that's left is...

----------------------------------------------

There was a knock at Sunset's door.