• Published 12th Mar 2018
  • 3,412 Views, 104 Comments

Twilight and Skaterloo: Mother and Son - Ace Pony Stories

  • ...
2
 104
 3,412

Runaway Colt

It was a slightly cold night in Canterlot and a certain purple unicorn was making her way home, “Ugh, why did I stay at the library that long!” her name was Twilight Sparkle, the personal student of Princess Celestia.

“Hey, Twilight!” A blue unicorn waved

“Hi.” Twilight barely acknowledged the pony she rarely ever socialized even when she did she always had her nose in a book. “Why do ponies always want to be friends?” She mumbled under her breath. “Friendship is just silly as if trying to meet as many ponies as you can do as much for you as research.”

As Twilight walked past an ally stopping when she heard something that sounded like a sneeze “*achoo*”

“Huh?” Twilight turned towards the sound to see a small foal with an orange coat and a pinkish purple mane rubbing its nose, “Hello?” She said surprised.

“Ah, oh, Hi.” The foal replied trying to hide.

“It’s okay I’m not going to hurt you,” Twilight said with a soft tone.

The foal looked up looking a bit more relaxed.

“What are you doing here? Where are your parents?“ Twilight asked approaching the foal, being closer she could see the foal was pegasus colt probably about five years old.

“Well they-“ the colt tried before tears started welling up in his eyes, “Th-they, ah, ahh, WAAAAAAAA!” he wailed burying his face in his hooves.

The young mare’s eyes widened at the colt’s sudden outburst, “Why is he crying? Did his parents abandon him or are they-” she thought before realized she had to do something, but first, a question that had slipped her mind, “What’s your name?”

“S-s-skate-er-r-l-loo.” The colt managed to say between sobs.

“Skaterloo?” Twilight asked Skaterloo nodded shakily, “Ok then Skaterloo, It’s getting late and cold so do you want to come home with me?” Twilight asked in a comforting manner.

The colt suddenly embraced the older pony’s leg still crying a bit, “I-I’m sorry I just.” Skaterloo stuttered realizing he hugged a stranger.

“I-it’s okay. Let’s just get it going.” Twilight said levitating the colt on to her back.

“Thank you, Miss Unicorn.” The young colt said.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle.” Twilight turned her head to the colt.

While Twilight walked through the city the young colt on her back glanced around, it confused the unicorn a little bit the colt looked like he hadn’t seen Canterlot before.

Eventually, Skaterloo realized the unicorn was approaching the castle, “Why are you going to the castle?”

“I live in a castle tower,” Twilight said.

“Really?” Skaterloo asked amazed.

“Yep!” Twilight nodded.

The mare kept walking eventually finding her tower, “And here we are!” Twilight said.

As the purple unicorn opened the door and entered the darkened tower, Skaterloo was able to see shelves of books and a large hourglass in the middle of the room, “This is your home?”

“Yes it is, I’ve lived here since I was 16 so about two years now.” Twilight nodded. The purple mare walked up to a bed lighting her horn and levitating the colt on to the bed and covering him with the blanket. “Here you can sleep here tonight. I’ll sleep over there.” Twilight pointed to a couch, “If you need anything just come and get me.”

“Ok, Miss Twilight,” Skaterloo said lying down closing his eyes.

Twilight smiled and turned around walking towards her sleeping place for the night looking back to the colt, “I really hope he just got separated from his parents.” the young mare thought to try to reassure herself, although feeling sure that the colt didn’t have parents. Twilight sighed, “I’m kidding myself, tomorrow I’ll have to write to the Princess and find where Skaterloo came from.”

The purple mare lied down and began to drift off.

The Next Day

A purple baby dragon woke up stretching he got out of his small bed that was more of a dog bed he saw what looked like a pony lying down in Twilight’s bed, “Guess Twi’s still asleep, that just means I have some time for myseeelf-“ the dragon trailed off when he saw the purple unicorn lying down on the couch reading as usual .

Looking up from her book Twilight saw her assistant, “Morning Spike!” Spike just looked shocked, “Spike what’s wrong you look like you saw a ghost.”

“T-twilight I-I saw Somepony in your bed. It could be an intruder.” Spike whispered.

Twilight’s eyes widened at first before realizing who the young dragon saw, “Spike did you see the pony at all how big were they?”

“Well no I didn’t see them. But now that you ask I didn’t really notice until now but they did seem pretty small. Wait! How do you know it’s a pony?” Spike asked confused

Twilight was going to explain but was stopped by Skaterloo approaching, “Sleep well?” The unicorn asked.

“Yes, thank you Miss Twilight,” Skaterloo said rubbing his eyes.

“W-what! y-you know him!?” Spike asked

“Yes his name is Skaterloo, I found him hiding in an alley last night.” Twilight explained. Spike nodded in understanding.

“Well, we should find his family whoever or wherever they are they’re probably worried sick,” Spike said.

Hearing this Skaterloo started shaking obviously trying not to cry, he sniffled a few times, “They would be if I had any left.” He said quietly under his breath.

“Huh did you say something.” Spike turned around facing the orange colt.

Skaterloo looked up seeing Spike had had a look of curiosity. He was going to say he was just breathing but then he was Twilight’s face was written with concern.

“Y-you don’t have a family Skaterloo?” The unicorn asked small tears in her eyes.

“Wh-what you don’t?” Spike said looking from Twilight than back to the orange colt.

Skaterloo tried to say something but it came out as incoherent gurgled mumbles so he just shook his head.

I thought he might be orphan.” Twilight sadly thought she couldn’t imagine what she would do if she didn’t have her mom, dad and older brother, “Well then I guess we have to get you back to the orphanage.”

“N-NO I don’t want to go back!” Skaterloo almost shouted.

“But-“ Twilight tried but the colt wasn’t done.

“All the fillies and colts do nothing but bully me they say I’ll never be adopted because no family will want me! and the caretakers don’t do anything about it!” Skaterloo said before breaking down.

Twilight felt some tears roll down her cheeks, she reached a hoof out and rubbed the younger pony’s cheek with it. It both soothed the colt but also brought up memories of the last of his family he knew his Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty the two of them passed when he was three and he ended up in the Ponyville orphanage he couldn’t tell Twilight that he came from there he couldn’t go back nopony even cared about him there.

“Shhh it’s ok, I know it’ll be hard but I should really get you home,” Twilight said pulling the colt a little closer.

“B-*sinff*but-“ Skaterloo sniffled.

“And I promise I’ll talk with the caretakers about the fillies and colts.” The unicorn reassured him.

After calming down the colt Twilight decided it was time, “Ok it’s time to get you back to the orphanage.” she said levitating the colt on to her back.

The colt sniffed, “Ok.”

Twilight with Skaterloo on her back made her way out of her tower, Spike stayed behind in the tower.

After walking for about seven minutes Twilight could see the orphanage, “I hope they find you a good home.” The unicorn turned to the colt.

Skaterloo nodded although smiling a little bit knowing this wasn’t the orphanage he ran away from.

After entering the building Twilight was greeted by a mare with a sapphire coat and ruby mane, “Welcome to Canterlot orphanage. I’m Shining Gemstone, How can I help you?” The mare asked.

“Well I think I found a foal from here last night,” Twilight said levitating the colt off of her back.

The older mare in front of her just got confused, “Well that can’t be the case all foals the were here last night.”

“Wh-what!?” Twilight stepped back, “Then where did he came from this is the only orphanage in Canterlot.”

“Maybe you can look into any missing foal reports.” Gemstone suggested.

“B-but that could take days!” Twilight stuttered.

“Well, you could adopt the dear, couldn’t you? You don’t necessarily have to know his orphanage.” Gemstone questioned.

“W-we’ll I’m 18 legally I could!” Twilight started. Skaterloo rose his head a bit at the unicorn’s statement but his hope fell once she finished, “B-but I don’t think I’m ready.”

Gemstone nodded, “Well then you should getting going to the police station they’ll help you find his home.”

Twilight closed her eyes and began to nod before opening them again realizing she knew somepony that might be better, “Actually I think I have a better idea.”

“Ok you seem trustworthy so I’ll leave the job of getting this colt home to you.” Gemstone nodded.

“Thank You, I promise I’ll get him home!” Twilight said turning around and leaving.

While she walked a bit quicker than before Twilight thought to herself, “So Skaterloo isn’t from Canterlot I guess that explains why he looked so curious last night. No matter I’ll just have Spike send a letter to the princess she’ll be able to help me find where Skaterloo came from.

Skaterloo wondered who Twilight was talking about.

Author's Note:

New story, I had this idea before ‘Luna Mother of Twilight Sparkle’ and recently decided to start writing it (as usual feedback is appreciated)