• Published 21st Feb 2018
  • 1,839 Views, 25 Comments

The Magic of Love & Family - LovingShield16



A story of Twilight's and Fluttershy's love for each other and a small orange Pegasus pony

  • ...
5
 25
 1,839

A Stellar idea

When Twilight woke early next morning she tried to get up but found she was impeded by yellow hooves, as she turned over she saw that Fluttershy had fallen asleep exactly how she had been while awake, embracing Twilight. she blushed when she realized just how close she was to Fluttershy, she could feel the timid Pegasus pony's breath tickling her face. she knew she had to wake Fluttershy up but didn't want to disturb the sleeping Mare. However she didn't have to wait long before the rays of Celestia's sun woke Fluttershy up instead.

"Oh good morning Twilight, i hope you slept well" she said as she got out of the bed as if she hadn't just being cuddling Twilight at all. She walked into the bathroom, leaving a confused Twilight to wonder if Fluttershy had actually realized she had been cuddling her at all.

"Oh, Celestia what did i wake up to!?" Fluttershy asked herself in the mirror, a lone tear escaping her cyan eyes "She probably hates me now, me and my stupid crush on her" she continued before she decided to brush her teeth and go talk to Twilight, however when she opened the bathroom door Twilight was gone! "Twilight!" She shouted down the stairs, hoping to hear her friends voice.

"I'm down here Fluttershy!" Twilight replied, she had forgotten how sensitive Fluttershy was, she probably thought Twilight had left without saying goodbye. she trotted half way up the stairs before a yellow blur knocked her back down them and landed on top of her, pining her to the floor before suddenly being wrapped in warm, soft yellow feathers.

"Oh Twilight, i thought you had left without saying good bye!" She began to cry into the lavender alicorn's mane, shaking with relief and fear, fear of losing the pony she loved most. "Please don't scare me like that again" Fluttershy whispered into Twilight's ear, sending a shiver down Twilight's spine.

"I'm sorry Fluttershy, i didn't mean to scare you i just wanted to cook you breakfast" She replied softly, stroking Fluttershy's pink mane, her cheeks beginning to burn as her blush grew from such close contact with her crush. she was about to ask Fluttershy to get up when she realized that she had let her hoof slip over Fluttershy's cutie mark. Both she and Fluttershy let out small 'eeps' of shock before settling back down though Twilight found it hard to keep stroking Fluttershy's mane for fear of the earlier incident. "Umm, Fluttershy can i get up now?" Twilight asked as Fluttershy tried to get more comfortable and fall back asleep.

"Oh, yeah sorry Twilight!" Fluttershy said as she began to get up and blush, suddenly a small smirk lit up the Yellow Pegasus pony's face before disappearing as quickly as it had came. "You know you make a really comfortable pillow Twilight" Fluttershy managed to say before bursting into giggles, Twilight despite now blushing furiously manged to giggle as well.

"Come on, i had just finished making breakfast before you shouted, hope you like it" Twilight said as she used her magic to levitate a plate with pancakes on it, out of the kitchen and over to the two friends. Fluttershy smiled at Twilight as they began to eat breakfast in companionable silence.

"Well i should get back to the castle, Spike must be worried about were i am am." Twilight sighed as she finished drying the plate they had used for the pancakes, she walked over to Fluttershy and without really thinking embraced her in her wing and whispered "Thanks Flutters" before she walked to the front door and teleported back to the castle of Friendship.

"Your welcome" Fluttershy whispered to the place Twilight had been stood moments earlier.

Back at the Castle Twilight was staring in disbelief at the state of the throne room it looked like Spike had a party while she was away. She caught sight of her number-one assistants tail disappearing through the door to the kitchen "Spike what's with this mess!" she shouted after him, though she knew full well he wouldn't answer her she was about to chase him down and find out what exactly had happened when a knock on the front door distracted her "huh, i wonder who could that be" she mused to herself as she trotted out of the throne room and towards the door. When she opened the door she was surprised to see Princess Luna on the other side. "Princess, what are you doing here!?" Twilight exclaimed as she bowed.

"Please Twilight there is no such need of formality among friends, just call me Luna" Luna replied nuzzling Twilight gently on the cheek "And i am here to help with your Pegasus problem, if you get what i mean" Luna continued giggling at Twilight's shocked face

"wait how do you know i like Fluttershy!" Twilight began to panic, had she made it that obvious to everypony. If Rainbow found out and didn't accept Twilight for being a fillyfooler, well it was the sort of thing that didn't bear thinking about. However Twilight soon found herself embraced in midnight blue wings.

"Dearest Twilight, i know you love Fluttershy because she is all you ever dream about" Luna told the younger Alicorn immediately soothing her nerves, though she still looked very worried about something though the moon goddess could not quite tell what.

"How do i tell her, i mean if i can't even talk to her without freezing up then how will i ever tell her!?" Twilight asked as she began to silently sob into the older Alicorn's wings. Suddenly an idea formed in her head "Luna, could you make the stars say i love you tonight?" Twilight asked as she looked into Luna's eyes

"Of course Twilight, perhaps you should go ask Fluttershy to join you in stargazing now" Luna said as she smiled and her horn began to glow and the stars slowly started to move.

Twilight stood up and began to focus her magic, her horn slowly brightening with each passing moment before she finally disappeared with a loud pop. Reappearing just outside of Fluttershy's Cottage with another loud pop. Twilight took a few moments to re orientate herself before she walked up to Fluttershy's door and knocked three times

After a few minutes silence the door slowly opened to reveal a rather tired looking Fluttershy. "Oh..Twilight what are yo doing here so late?" Fluttershy asked as she opened the door for her friend to come in. "Nothing bad has happened has it!?" Fluttershy quickly asked.

Twilight Smiled at the butter yellow Pegasus pony's typical reaction to friends turning up unexpected. "Actually Fluttershy, i was wondering if you would like to come stargazing with me in the park?" Twilight asked with a hopeful smile.

"That sounds lovely Twilight, of course i'll come stargazing with you!" Fluttershy exclaimed excitedly as she rushed to get her scarf.