• Published 21st Feb 2018
  • 1,814 Views, 25 Comments

The Magic of Love & Family - LovingShield16



A story of Twilight's and Fluttershy's love for each other and a small orange Pegasus pony

  • ...
5
 25
 1,814

Truth in the Heavens

Twilight and Fluttershy walked to the park in companionable silence allowing the night air to relax both heart and mind. When they finally reached the hill Twilight had said was perfect for stargazing, they found a picnic blanket laid out on the ground with enough food for both ponies. Twilight made a mental note to thank Princess Luna for her help tonight. "Well it will be a few more minutes before we can actually see all the stars so shall we have something to eat?" Twilight asked nervously.

"Um, yes... i am a little hungry anyway" Fluttershy replied before her stomach growled and she blushed "OK... maybe i'm more than a little hungry she giggled as she began eating a lettuce sandwich, Twilight giggled softly at Fluttershy before starting on her own sandwich. As time went by the two ponies found themselves shuffling closer and closer to each other until Fluttershy was snuggled right up against Twilight.

"Fluttershy look up and tell me what do those star's say?" Twilight asked her friend in a gentle voice barley more than a whisper, looking up and smiling herself at what she could see.

If Fluttershy thought the request was odd she did not show it as she looked up and read out loud "I love you!" Fluttershy couldn't believe it she didn't dare upon her eyes, surely this was a dream.

"Fluttershy...i love you" Twilight whispered into her ear, before lifting Fluttershy's head with a hoof and kissing her dream mare on the lips. The kiss only lasted a couple of seconds but to Fluttershy it felt like an eternity before they broke apart smiling.

"I love you too Twilight" Fluttershy said in an almost normal voice, hugging the lavender alicorn with hooves and wings. after a few minutes of silence Fluttershy broke the night silence, with a question that made both ponies blush lightly "Um... Twilight i'm awfully tired, could i sleep at the castle tonight, please?" the timid Pegasus pony asked her marefriend.

"Of course FlutterBug... would you like to share a bed with me?" Twilight asked the last part coming out as a quiet whisper, the question making both pony's cheeks an even brighter shade of red

"Um... yes please" Was all she manged before she suddenly fainted from the excitement

"Fluttershy!" Twilight exclaimed as she used her magic to stop her from hitting the ground. When Twilight leaned down to see if she was still breathing, she heard small snores confirming what she had expected, the usually timid Fluttershy had fainted from over excitement "Oh, bless her, well at least i know i'm the reason she's so happy" Twilight said to herself as she levitated Fluttershy onto her back and took flight back to the castle. Once Twilight arrived on her bedroom balcony she gently nuzzled Fluttershy awake.

"Huh... what happened the last thing i remember is saying yes to sharing a bed?" Fluttershy asked Twilight her cheek's beginning to glow at the end of her sentence.

"You fainted from excitement, silly filly" Twilight playfully giggled into Fluttershy's ear before leading Fluttershy to her bed and settling herself down on it, lifting a wing up so Fluttershy could snuggle right up against her. Once both ponies were settled Twilight used her magic to extinguish the single candle that had been lit for when twilight returned by her number one assistant.

"Goodnight Fluttershy" Twilight said once she finally felt sleep overcoming her.

"Goodnight Sparky" Fluttershy giggled as she kissed Twilight on the lips, before resting her head against Twilight's chest and allowing the beat of her Marefriend's heart to gently lull her to sleep.

Unknown to the new couple both Spike and Princess Luna had been watching through the keyhole, and were both wearing pleased smiles. "Well i think my work here is done" Luna proudly claimed as she stood to her full height and spread her wings ready for flight "Oh, and thank you for the tea spike, you really are Twilight's number one assistant" She continued bowing down slightly to give spike a quick nuzzle of thanks.

"Aw... Shucks it was nothing Princess Luna" he replied blushing lightly at the praise.

"Please Spike just call me Luna, we are friend's after all and goodnight" Luna said as she took flight and silently flew out of the window and turned in the direction of Canterlot castle

"Goodnight Luna" Spike said as he closed the window and went to his room to sleep before he ended up curled up outside Twilight's door again, he really didn't want her to think he'd been spying even though he had.

The next morning Spike was woke up to the sound of his big sister calling his name from downstairs.

"SPIKE WAKE UP PLEASE!" Twilight shouted up the stairs knowing he would complain if she let him sleep in again, he might have liked sleep but he enjoyed work more.

"Coming sis!" He replied jovially as he waddled down the stairs and gave her a hug

Twilight giggled at the sudden display of affection but returned the hug with just as much enthusiasm as Spike "I see somepony woke up on the right side of the bed this morning" she chuckled as she finally broke the hug "come on Spike, i have a surprise for you!" she continued as she began to half walk, half skip to the dinning room.

Spike chuckled softly to himself as he followed after his big sister, as he came into the kitchen his eyes were greeted by a mound of gem pancakes and a delighted Fluttershy who quickly came over to him still wearing her cooking apron and give him a quick nuzzle. "Good morning Spike" She cooed in a sing song voice as she led him over to the table.

"Good morning Fluttershy, you didn't make these just for me did you!?" he asked her excitedly as he hopped up onto his chair while Fluttershy pushed the gem pancakes towards him.

"Yes i did Spike, i just wanted to do something nice for everypony today so i cooked everypony some pancakes" she replied as she walked into the kitchen and brought two plates of regular pancakes back to the table for her and Twilight.

Half way through breakfast Spike noticed how close Twilight and Fluttershy were sitting each other and decided to get the confession out of them now rather than try to hide the fact he already knew.

"Say, you two are sitting awfully close this morning is there something you want to tell me?" he asked in his most innocent voice.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Thanks for being patient everypony :pinkiehappy: