• Published 21st Feb 2018
  • 1,834 Views, 25 Comments

The Magic of Love & Family - LovingShield16



A story of Twilight's and Fluttershy's love for each other and a small orange Pegasus pony

  • ...
5
 25
 1,834

Best sleep over ever!

Back at the castle Applejack was making everypony diner while Rainbow kept Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle occupied by playing games, most of which involved the little filly's throwing pillows at Rainbow and pretending to knock her out of the air.
Spike and Luna had come down to inform them that they would be eating out, so AJ wasn't too worried about others being caught in the crossfire, though she herself had to duck on several occasions.

"You got me!" Rainbow cried dramatically as she landed and fell onto her side, pretending to be unable to get up, before she could do anything else however, she was suddenly set upon by Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle who both started to tickle her. "Haha s-stop, that tickles!" She cried out in laughter as she started to tickle the filly's back. soon the castle was filled with the sound of laughter as the three continued their tickle fight. Eventually Applejack called them all to the dining room for diner and they all settled down to eat.

"Mmmm your cooking's really good Applejack, could you teach me to cook like that one day!?" Scootaloo exclaimed as she devoured her vegetable soup.

"Hehe sure thing sugarcube" Applejack replied as she began to eat her food herself. "Your awfully quiet Dashie, something wrong?" AJ added as she arched her eyebrows at Rainbow Dash.

"Nothing's wrong AJ, just enjoying your cooking same as Scoots and Sweetie" Rainbow replied as she gestured to the two filly's sat on the other side of the table.

"Oh, really Sugarcube, so why are you starting ta blush?" AJ questioned nuzzling Rainbows muzzle.

"I'll tell you after the girls are in bed" Rainbow replied as she nuzzled back

"Ok Sugarcube" AJ replied as she stopped teasing Rainbow and tucked into her dinner.

Once everypony was finished their dinner, Rainbow Dash cleaned the dishes while AJ took the girls up to their room to get ready for bed.

"Hey Applejack, can you tell us a bedtime story, please" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo asked simultaneously

"Sure, thing girls, Scootaloo why don't ya go get Rainbow for me and she can mimic the people in the story for us" AJ replied.

As Scootaloo walked back into the kitchen, she noticed that Rainbows right wing was bleeding, and her largest primary feather was on the floor next to her. Not wanting to scare AJ or Sweetie, Scootaloo rushed to the cyan Pegasus mare

"Rainbow are you alright!" she asked quietly but panicked.

"Yeah, I'm fine Scoots, i did it on purpose" she replied through a sudden wince of pain.

"W... W... WHY!" Scootaloo almost shouted in shock and worry as she gently lifted Rainbow, who had now slumped on to her right side back up to her full height.

"Because Scoots this is how we Pegasus propose Marriage to their Special Somepony" Rainbow replied, as she scooped the primary feather off the floor in her still intact wing. "Can you help me walk get up the stairs please scoots"

"Of course, Rainbow!" Scoots exclaimed as she got super excited at the prospect of seeing her Idol propose in front of her.

back in Scootaloo's bedroom AJ and Sweetie Belle were beginning to worry as they hadn't heard anything since Scootaloo loudly exclaimed something, though they had thought her and rainbow where just messing around. However, when they heard hoof steps on the stairs they calmed down and waited patiently. A few minutes later Scootaloo came in, smiling from ear to ear. "AJ Rainbow said she wants you to hold out a hoof and close your eyes" She giggled as she went and cuddled into Sweetie belle, whispering into her loves ear, who also began to beam with joy.

"Okay Sugarcube" Applejack replied, doing as she was asked thinking this was one of Dashies playful jokes.

Scootaloo gave a little nod to the Rainbow who, the primary now in her mouth by the tip, walked up to her Special somepony and placed the feather in her outstretched hoof. "You can open your eyes now my love" Rainbow said even more cutely and shyly than she normally would.

Applejack opened her eyes and looked at what was in her hoof, before immediately crying and diving into Dash, yelling "YES!" over and over again. eventually Scoots and Sweetie couldn't take it anymore and dived into the and started to congratulate them both

"OH MY CELESTIA, WHERE SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!" they exclaimed in unison. They all giggled and cuddled on the floor before sweetie Belles curiosity piqued. "Wait how did Applejack know what the feather meant?" She asked with giving AJ a curious look. "Well, suagrcube Rainbow and I used to discuss the differences between Earth pony and Pegasi traditions when we first met each other" she smiled as she nuzzled under Rainbows head. "Proposal was one of the things that came up and I always thought that the Pegasi tradition was really darn sweet" Applejack finished.

"Awwwwww that's awesome" Scootaloo squeaked before yawning loudly and blushing "Hehe I guess I'm a lot more tired than I thought" she giggled as she stood up with sweetie Belle and they trotted over to their bed. "Then let's get you tucked up for the night" Rainbow said standing up and helping her Marefriend... No, her Fiancé up from the floor. They walked over and pulled the covers over the two sleepy Fillys. "A think we should take a rain check on that story, you two look plum tuckered out" she smiled giving each of them a gentle kiss on their foreheads. Rainbow and Applejack quietly said "Goodnight" as they left to go to their room.

"So Dashie, why were ya been all quiet at dinner?" she asked as she gently tucked Rainbows primary feather in her mane. "Oh, I was just really, really nervous about proposing to you" Rainbow quietly giggled Applejack raised an eye at her Fiancé. "What I mean is I didn't know if I should wait and then take you to a fancy restaurant or something and then propose... I didn't want to be impersonal Rainbow added seeing Applejacks confused look. "Aww Sugarcube, it was perfect ya know I don't like that fancy shmancy stuff anyway" Applejack replied as they finally reached their room and cuddled into each other on the bed. "I love you Dashie" AJ said as she put her hat on the nightstand and closed her eyes "I love you twenty percent more" Rainbow replied cuddling into her and wrapping her wings around her like a blanket