• Published 21st Feb 2018
  • 1,826 Views, 25 Comments

The Magic of Love & Family - LovingShield16



A story of Twilight's and Fluttershy's love for each other and a small orange Pegasus pony

  • ...
5
 25
 1,826

Fated Flight

Author's Note:

This is my first story ever so go easy on the criticism however i will welcome it if it is constructive also i only have access to internet when i'm in college so if it may take a while to finish the story so i will thank you for your patience now and merely end by saying Enjoy!

P.S. Starlight is only featured at the very start of the story and is away helping Trixie with a magic roadshow tour for the duration of the story

Rated Teen and Given sex tag for safety

The Princess of friendship lay on her bed reading a book she had never thought she would need, it was a book about the way a pony feels when they fall in love. At first the purple Alicorn had thought that her strong feelings for Fluttershy were because of the Strong friendship they had. However over time she had found her self wanting to be alone with Fluttershy more and more, up to the point where she had embarrassed herself when they were alone in the castle after Fluttershy had asked Twilight if she could borrow a book, Twilight had replied "Of course you can Flutterbug" which caused both Twilight and Fluttershy to Blush and avoid each other for the rest of the day.

A month on from this incident Twilight had decided to read up on feelings and had discovered very little, until tonight that is.
The book listed several things that pony's felt when in love they included; wanting to be alone with the mare or stallion they loved, wanting to look after them when they fall ill (As Twilight had when Fluttershy had sprained her wing once) and wanting to protect them form harm no matter what. This is what had made Twilight realise she was truly in love with Fluttershy when Twilight had Jumped in to the pony of Shadows to save Stygian it hadn't been for Equestria, but to protect Fluttershy from harm. With out realising it Twilight had got out of bed and started to pace her room Wondering aloud , just how she was going to tell fluttershy of her feelings. "oh what if she Rejects me?" she whimpered to herself, "what if fluttershy doesn't love me" she was about start a mini rant when she heard somepony gasp outside her door. she froze for what felt like hours to her even though it had only been a minute, once she unfroze she wrenched the door open with her magic to find Starlight about to knock on her door. at the site of Twilight she recoiled into a ball and began to cry.

"Please don't hate me Twilight, i didn't mean to over hear you i was only coming to check if you were alright i could hear you pacing from my room!" Starlight let out before letting her sobbing get the better of her. suddenly she felt soft Pegasus feathers wrap themselves around her and opened her eyes to see Twilight embracing her with a worried and caring look on her face. They got up in silence and twilight lead starlight to her bed where she embraced again before speaking.

"Starlight why would i hate you for something you accidentally overheard?" Twilight asked her amazing student, however she did not wait for a reply and went on to say "i could never hate you starlight glimmer no matter what, now you get some sleep you'll need to set off early if you want to get to Canterlot before noon" she finished giving Starlight one last hug before tucking her into her bed and leaving her room owing to the fact that she herself was now wide awake and decided to go out for an early morning flight which she rarely did. She decided she would go to the Everfree Forest to read some of the old books in the castle of the two sisters.

On the way to the castle she spotted the last pony she wanted to see with her current emotions... Fluttershy! When Twilight spotted her she Dived into the nearest tree to avoid be spotted by her crush, who was walking underneath the canopy talking to the one animal Twilight was petrified of... Snakes! She seemed to be talking to them about somepony.

"Oh how do i tell her i love her serpentina?" Fluttershy asked the grass snake slithering along side her to which the reply was two short meaningful hisses. Fluttershy just looked on with a sad smile. "your right i do need to tell her... and soon" she said after a short pause of what Twilight could only call awkward silence. Twilight had decided that now was better than never to tell Fluttershy her feelings, however as she took flight her mind made a split second decision and decided against it, snapping her wings shut in midair, the last thing she thought before she was blacked out was 'oh Celestia, don't let Fluttershy see!'

When she woke she was in an unfamiliar room and could feel something tickling the back of her neck, as her eyes began to focus she looked over to find that it was Fluttershy's shallow breathing, she looked like she hadn't stopped crying until she had fell asleep. Twilight felt terrible she had upset her friend all because she had backed out of saying three little words 'i love you' she thought in her mind, so why was it so hard to say out loud, However she was soon brought out of her reverie when she suddenly heard the timid Pegasus do something Twilight had thought impossible, she had purred like a little kitten. As Twilight was looking round to find out the source of Fluttershy's sudden purring she brushed her wing over Fluttershy's flank eliciting another purr from the Pegasus pony 'Oh my goodness, did i just do what i think i did' her mind began to panic , a thousand scenarios flashing through her mind all of which involved losing Fluttershy as a friend. Slowly the lavender unicorn began to sob and shake into her pillow as she realized just how close she had came to losing Her crush forever... Again. She was about to start a fresh bout of tears when a soft yellow wing wrapped around her barrel and she heard Fluttershy whisper soothingly into her ear

"Ssh, it's okay Twilight i'm here for and i will never leave you... ever" Fluttershy cooed, she smiled warmly as Twilight stopped sobbing and fell asleep in the embrace of her secret crush. Fluttershy smiled warmly at the sleeping Princess cuddled into her and there lied her problem. If it had been hard to tell Twilight of her feelings for her before she became an Alicorn, it was now next to impossible.

A single lone tear escaped her eye as she leaned down and gave Twilight a gentle kiss before falling into a dreamless sleep completely unaware that the Alicorns smile had grown ever so slightly after the kiss

To be continued...