• Published 21st Feb 2018
  • 1,834 Views, 25 Comments

The Magic of Love & Family - LovingShield16



A story of Twilight's and Fluttershy's love for each other and a small orange Pegasus pony

  • ...
5
 25
 1,834

The Date

The next morning everypony but Spike and Luna woke up early, which didn't really surprise the others. After all Luna was the Princess of the night and Spike just liked to sleep in. so Twilight left a note on the breakfast table in the kitchen letting Spike and Luna know that they were taking Scootaloo to the park for a little bit.

On their way there they bumped into Rarity,Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle, who where on their way to the park as well. so they all decided to go as one big group with the two little filly's running ahead of the adults. As the group walked towards the park entrance they noticed that there was a sign next to a bed of roses which read; "Please take a rose and share your love with somepony".

Just as Twilight was about to pick a rose for Fluttershy, she and everypony else saw something very unexpected. They saw Scootaloo pick a rose and put it in Sweetie Belles mane, causing both fillies to blush and the older mares to giggle. "Aww how cute!" Rarity and Pinkie exclaimed in unison causing Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle to blush harder.

"Please don't tell Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo quickly exclaimed, worried that Rainbow wouldn't want to hang around with someone so sappy.

"Tell me what?" asked a voice from across the rose bed. To Scootaloo's horror Rainbow Dash was stood on the other side of the rose bed with Applejack and Apple bloom. "that you have feelings?" Rainbow continued as she bent her head down and plucked a rose out of the bed, before placing it gently into Applejacks hair. "there's nothing wrong with that" she finished once she had placed her wing around AJ.

Everypony giggled at Scootaloo's shocked face, however they soon recovered and all decided to carry on to lake inside the park but not before Twilight and Rarity both picked a rose and gave it to their respective partner's. once they had reached the lake the Crusaders went to play on the shore while the older mares sat underneath a tree on a hill overlooking it.

"So who do you think will ask the other out first, Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo?" Rainbow asked her best friends once they where all comfortable.

"Hmm, i'd say Scootaloo would, after all she does like wining just like her idol" Twilight said before giggling at the light blush Dash's cheeks.

"What's the matter sugarcube, ya don't normally blush at being praised" AJ teased Rainbow, cuddling into her and giving her a nuzzle causeing Rainbow to blush harder.

"yeah well, maybe i'm in sappy mood" Rainbow replied kissing applejack on the cheek causing the orange farmer to blush brighter than her big brothers coat.

"You owe me twenty bits darling" Rarity told Pinkie who had been lied down next to her, nearly asleep.

"Uh Rares am i missing something, Rainbow kissed me and now Pinkie owes you twenty bits?" Applejack asked still slightly flustered but more than anything confused. "wait where you two betting on who kissed who in front of everypony first?" she added when she saw them begin to smirk,to which they broke down into full on laughter.

Once they recovered from their laughter Rarity decided to make Applejack and Rainbow Dash feel better by giving a kiss to pinkie pie to which their where two audible gasps.

"Wait did yo two already know about Rarity and Pinkie Pie?" Rainbow asked Twilight and Fluttershy who where both just sat smiling at the current converstaion.

"Yes, Twilight noticed it when we announced that we where together and i already knew because Rarity had told me on our weekly spa trip" Fluttershy explained giggling at Rainbows shocked face.

"Hey Mum, miss Rarity is it Ok if Sweetie Belle has a sleep over with me please!" Scootaloo shouted over as she and Sweetie Belle ran over to them.

"What about Apple bloom?" Twilight asked the two of them, though it was Applejack who replied.

"Apple bloom is having a sleep over with Silver spoon tonight." Applejack informed Twilight.

""well then i don't have any problems, but me and Fluttershy are going on a date tonight, so it will be Rainbow Dash and Applejack looking after you." Twilight told the girls, after which their smiles grew, knowing Rainbow would let them stay up late.

"I too don't have any quarrel with you two having a sleep over" Rarity added smiling at the two little fillies.

"Yay!" They exclaimed in unison, before rushing off to play down at the waters edge with Apple bloom again.

an hour later everypony decided it was time to head home for the day,Rarity and Pinkie had offered to take Apple bloom home so Rainbow and Applejack could go back to the castle with Twilight, Fluttershy,Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. once they where back Twilight went into the kitchen to make everypony some hot chocolate while they all played games in the games room, which Rainbow Dash had assured Twilight already came with the castle.

at about four-thirty Twilight and Fluttershy began saying bye for the night. "We'll see you when we get back and thanks for coming over earlier than planned" she said to Applejack as she gave her a hug.

"It was nah problem Sugarcube, you two enjoy yourselves tonight" she replied as she walked them to the door.

"We will, don't worry!" Twilight shouted back up the steps before turning to face Fluttershy.

"So sweetheart are you going to tell me where were going." Fluttershy asked her marefriend while giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Not yet no, just hold on tight dear" Twilight teased as her horn began to glow.

"OK cutie" Fluttershy replied before there was an audible pop and they both teleported away.

When Fluttershy regained her focus, she realized that they where stood inside twilight's old house in canterlot castle. when she looked to her right she saw the only source of light was coming from a candlelit table with her favorite meal on it, Vegetable casserole. "Oh wow, you did all this for me Sweetheart?" Fluttershy asked in awe as she pulled her marefriend in for a hug.

"Of course i did all this for you cutie" Twilight replied kissing Fluttershy passionately, before breaking the kiss and leading Fluttershy to her seat. once they where both seated they began to eat in companionable silence.

Author's Note:

I know the ending seems a bit rushed but i'm not good at writing about actual dates, so yeah but i will start on the next chapter as soon as i'm able :pinkiehappy: :scootangel: