• Published 16th Dec 2017
  • 2,208 Views, 43 Comments

The Little Pony legend: The Guardians of Harmony - MaggiesHeartLove



Princess Iris and Princess Akari was preparing for the Friendship Festival, which takes an unexpected turn when Tempest Shadow arrives with the Storm King's army! Now, the Guardians will need to travel beyond Equestria in order to save their home

  • ...
6
 43
 2,208

Welcome Home

*(~)*

Romans 12:2 ~

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person. By changing the way you think. Then you will know God's will for you. Which is good, and pleasing, and perfect.

*(~)*

Welcome Home

The stormy winds started to ease, lowering the group of heroes back down. Celaeno untied herself, but her eyes were still on the spiraling clouds up ahead. Everyone stared wide eyed and distressed as the deadly monstrous hurricane dispersed. The clouds stopped spiraling, expanding and allowing the sunlight to pierce through. The Storm King's wrath was finally over. But Iris and Akari were nowhere to be seen.

They couldn't see the outlines of their colors, or the feathers of their wings. They didn't see anything. Sky Star felt like a failure for having let them slip away. The hippogriff princess's eyes were wet with tears.

Gallant Steed stepped out, his eyes locked onto the sky. His ears dropped and the tears formed. Akari couldn't be gone. She couldn't.

Nori and Chrysalis stood beside him, looking up as he did. Mai held her hands close to her heart, which was already breaking. The storm clouds disappeared one by one, but the presence of the two princesses was non existent. Had they sacrificed themselves to save everyone? Was this the end of the Guardians of Harmony?

Mai cried into Hiro's shoulders. Capper kneeled down beside Chrysalis, who cried into his chest. Sky Star wrapped her wings around Nori and Gallant. The merpony cried into her friend's feathery chest, while Gallant simply hung his head, his legs feeling numb and he sat on the floor. His red and orange bangs covering his eyes.

Celaeno removed her had in respect and allowed Chi to cry into her shoulder, while Hozu stood staring up. Even after making friends, he had lost two of them. The irrefutable pain of loss overwhelmed him. His body frozen in place as a tear rolled down from his eye.

The sound of chiming rang in their ears, coming from up above. Everyone gasped and looked up at the sky. The sunlight was now entirely visible through a tunnel of clouds which began to shift from gray to white before their eyes.

A shadowy figure started descending from the sky. Everyone squinted to get a better view. As the figure came closer, there was no denying the set of feathery wings and long flowing hair.

Iris slowly descended from the clouds, her wings making gentle movements as she did. In her right hand she held the staff, while in her left arm she carried a sleeping Akari. Her cut had been healed, leaving behind only a small little scar. The pony's hair was a mess, as was Iris's. Her eyes were a mixture of content and exhaustion. But mostly content.

Avatar smiled when she saw her loved ones hurrying out to meet her. Hiro thrusted his hands into the air, cheering happily. "You're alive! Guys, they're alive!"

Once Iris's feet reached the stone floor of the balcony, she got down on her knees, placing the staff beside her. Everyone huddled around, stopping when they saw Akari still slumbering in Iris's arms.

The alicorn pony princess stirred and her tired eyes fluttered open. The first thing she saw was her best friend's beautiful violet eyes staring back at her. Her hair was frazzled, yet she still carried the regal and serene essence of a princess.

Akari managed a smile. "Thanks for the save, Petals."

"You saved me first." Iris said, and she wasn't just referring to what happened with the Storm King. In a lot of ways, Akari saved Iris's life every single day.

Gallant Steed hurried to his girlfriend, kissing her forehead and the two nuzzled noses.

"Group hug!" Hiro said, arms spread open. Seeing their chance, everyone gathered around the princesses, enveloping them in a group up. Even Hozu was brave enough to join in, not once debating on whether or not he should.

"Hozu…" Akari spoke, "I'm sorry."

The boy only smiled. "Water under the bridge." he said, ruffling her already messed up mane in a gentle manner. Iris and Akari sighed in relief as they welcomed the embrace of their friends.

The fight was over. They did it. All of them. Old friends and new, just like their parents and mentors before them.

Tempest walked out over the rubble, watching the heartwarming scene. A soft, serene smile formed on her lips, but it quickly faded. She didn't need to debate on it any further. Everything she had seen was enough to finally prove to her that it as never their philosophy that was wrong… it was her own.

She wanted to join them, but the foreign sensation of guilt kept her away. It was too late for her now. She may be alive, but she could never make up for what she had done. It would be best if she just left, or accepted prison. That's where a selfish, greedy pony like herself belonged.

Tempest's eyes widened in horror when she saw the Storm King pulling himself onto the balcony. His right arm limped beside him, wounded from Akari's attack, but he managed to gain some strength to use it. His vengeful eyes were locked onto the Guardians, too wrapped up in their embrace to notice him. He managed to pull out an orb from his pocket. An orb with the same green stone that had turned the alicorns into stone.

No! Tempest couldn't let him win! She couldn't make the same mistake again. She had nothing to loose anymore, but the world needed these Guardians to protect them from foes like the Storm King.

From foes like herself.

Her horn sparked with magic as she charged forward. Seeing her approach, Celaeno and Chi quickly got into position, ready to fight her. What they didn't know was that the Storm King had just thrown the stone, and Tempest leaped over them.

"Nooo!!"

The orb crashed into her chest, releasing the green smoke, but Tempest didn't stop running. She took the hit, allowing the smoke to engulf her, which then spread towards the Storm King, who rose his arms up in a desperate last minute attempt to shield himself.

The same black crystal material grew around their bodies, freezing them in mid air. The Storm King and Tempest were both petrified, their bodies incarcerated in magical stone. The Storm king's eyes went from blue to gray as his body fell from the balcony at great speed….

The sound of shattering stone reached the top of the balcony, and the remains of the once fearsome Storm King were spread across the floor.

As for Tempest Shadow, her statue self was frozen in mid air, levitated by the magic of the staff Iris held in her hands. With great care, she pulled Tempest back onto the balcony, where her now frozen body shimmered in the daylight.

Hozu blinked. "Whoa. I can't believe she did that." he said, almost too stunned to speak.

"I can." Iris said with a smile. The other Guardians smiled too.

Celaeno and SkyStar were a bit confused as to why they looked so unsurprised at Tempest's heroic sacrifice. They didn't realize that this wasn't the first time the Guardians have seen someone develop a change of heart, especially Chrysalis.

Capper somehow managed to put two and two together. It wasn't too long ago that he had been a greedy thief, and all it took was the kindness of his new friends to help him see the light. Maybe the same went for Tempest. These Guardians truly were something else.

The warmth in Iris's heart reached the scepter, and using the pure magic contained within it, she freed Tempest from her stone imprisonment. The one horned unicorn gasped at the transformation. The sensation of turning to stone was a horrifying one, but when she changed back, the sensation felt soft and safe. Like she was wrapped in the warm embrace that she only ever felt when Tadashi had hugged her in the past.

Tempest turned to the other Guardians, seeing Iris and Akari smiling at her. Even Sky Star was happy to see Tempest back to normal, since the stone look really didn't suit her well at all. Celeano cocked her head, still unsure if Tempest would change her mind or not, but judging from the repentant look in her eyes, and the way the other Guardians warmly welcomed her back to her normal self, maybe the unicorn really had changed for the better.

Hozu, of course, looked just as surprised as the others, but like Capper, he wasn't too shocked by it. The Guardians have proven time and time again that they had this special kind of magic that had allowed them to not only seek help to save their home, but to also vanquish the Storm King once and for all.

It was the very magic Tempest had resented, and the magic Hozu wasn't sure he could ever have, or wasn't allowed to have. He had heard it say that Friendship was a powerful force, but now that he had witnessed it first hand, he finally understood.

"So, now what?" Celaeno asked, turning to the other Guardians, who all looked at one another, then at Tempest. The unicorn smiled.

"Now… we fix everything."

Tempest led the others back inside the wrecked palace, right into the center of the floral symbol where the Storm King had placed the staff in order to absorb everyone's magic. Tempest placed the staff upside down, inserting the jewel's tip into the hole. The results reversed the effects and the aura of magic surrounded the palace.

The magic spread towards the alicorns, first Cadance and Flurry Heart. The stone surface dissolved and disappeared into sparks of light. Mother and daughter gasped, looking all around expecting to find those storm creatures again. They were surprised and relieved to find that they were back to their normal selves again.

The two embraced as the magic then freed Celestia, Luna and Leilani. The three galloped their front hooves in alarm, but quickly relaxed when they saw one another. Celestia and Luna hugged their mother, who wrapped her wings around them both.

Finally, the magic reached Korra and Twilight, both of which also gasped, looking horrified. The last thing they remembered was the fight, and they had half expected to see more of it. Their nerves were placed at ease when they realized that the spell had been broken, and their hearts filled with unconditional love at the sight of their daughters.

"Iris!"

"Akari!"

"Mom!" both princesses hurried to their mothers, wrapping their arms in a tight, strong embrace, followed by the others alicorns who joined in. The magic continued to spread, strings of heavenly lights surrounded the palace, levitating the debris and shards of glass, restoring them back into place.

The statues of Mako and Flash Sentry were wrapped in the energy, also restoring them. The two kings gasped, inspecting their bodies. Mako tugged on his shirt, while Flash flapped his wings to stretch them out. The two laughed joyously and embraced one another like the brothers they were.

"Dad!" Iris and Akari ran up to hug their respected fathers, followed by their wives. The couples kissed, pouring in all the love they had in their hearts. Time may have become a blur, but it felt as if they had been separated for years. Thankfully, their love was strong enough to overcome anything, including time. If anything, it only made it stronger.

The statues of the Mane Six sparkled and the remaining original Elements of Harmony all gasped and laughed at their freedom. Korra and Twilight turned to face them. They remembered how all five of them had jumped in to save the two.

Korra and Twilight ran towards them, the Avatar getting down on her knees and all seven were wrapped together. The hands of time seemed to turn backwards, and they had reverted back into those high spirited teenagers again.

That very same strong, powerful, unbreakable bond they felt when they all first met that day in the streets of Republic City was just as powerful now as it was then. No matter how many times they seemed to separate, their Friendship always found a way to bring them all back together again. This magic was what not only what brought them together, but also restored the light of their worlds, and inspired the next generation to carry on their legacy.

Speaking of legacies, the Mane Six each hurried to hug their respected apprentice, or in Rarity's case, who also happened to be her beloved stepdaughter. Nori teared up, hugging Rarity tightly, who practically cradled her as if she were a foal. But Nori didn't mind.

Chi and Rainbow Dash happily reunited, as did Mai with Applejack, Hiro with Pinkie Pie and Gallant Steed with Fluttershy.

The wave of magic spread even further across Canterlot. Beautiful curly designs that changed into bright colors formed on the surface of everything around, erasing all of the destruction caused by the Storm King's army.

The magic reached the statued Discord, restoring him back to his lovable, chaotic self. He shook his head and body like a wet dog the stretched his body, hearing a few bones popping.

"Oy! I am getting too old for this!"

The statue of Shinning Armor also reverted back to normal, and the magic restored the bending, spiritual energy and pony magic to everyone present. Bolin felt a billion times more energized, as did the airbenders, who all flipped and rose into the air with gusts of wind, while pegasus ponies flew up into the sky.

Unicorn sent fireworks into the air, and dragons soared overhead. Wan Shi Tong, Goldie and Aiwei's spider-scorpion friend all changed back to their normal grand size, and even Ali, Mika and San had returned to their fully grown adult forms. Spike lifted Mika up and spun her around before kissing her. Little dragon fly rabbit spirits flew overhead, as did all the spirits of every kind. The Storm King was defeated, the magic had returned, they were all free once again!

Korra, Twilight and the others all walked out alongside their respected husbands as they watched the miracle unfold before them. Upon seeing the royals and Elements of Harmony, both previous and present generations, the roars of applauds grew louder and wilder.

Bolin and Asami ran towards Mako and Korra, the four were enwrapped in one of their signature Team Avatar hugs. Ali, Mika and San flew downwards, hugging their little sister Iris, who was then knocked down by Akhlut, her dear orca-wolf who licked her face. Timber Spruce also ambushed Akari, while Spike hugged Twilight and Flash. Naga came running and knocked down all four adults to the ground, slobbering them all over. They only laughed, feeling like rambunctious teenagers again.

Rainbow Dash flew towards Soarin, literally knocking him back down to the ground, colliding her lips with his. Fire Fly landed on her mother's head and Rainbow Dash tossed her little daughter into the air, making her giggle. Rarity and Nori happily embraced Kombu, while Fluttershy galloped towards Thorax and her lovely children. Applejack was welcomed by Double Diamond, Sweet Gala and Half Pipe, as well as Big Mac, Apple Bloom and Sugar Belle.

Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich ran up to hug one another, with Cookie Cream in the middle. The party family laughed in perfect harmony. Gallant Steed galloped at top speed to reach his parents, and little Eclipse ran to hug his Aunty Chi. Nova and Sunset Shimmer teared up at seeing their wisp friend again.

Chrysalis flew towards Kuvira, spinning around once she was wrapped in her human companion's arms. "I missed you so much, Vira!"

"I missed you too, Chrisy. I'm so proud of you."

"Oh, there's someone I want you to meet." Chrysalis flew towards Capper, dragging him towards Kuvira. She never once let go of his arm. "Kuvira, this is Capper. Capper, this is Kuvira, my roommate."

Kuvira was a bit stunned to say the least. She had never met a tall talking cat in a red jacket before. Capper cleared his throat and bowed in respect. "Pleasure to meet you, Madam."

The metalbender smiled and bowed as well. "Likewise." she then whispered to her changeling friend, "Well, he is charming. For a feline." she said, making Chrysalis and Capper blush.

Celaeno was ambushed by her pirate crew, who gave a haughty laugh and Sky Star was reunited with Queen Novo. Rohan ruffled Iris's hair, while Meelo hugged her tightly, and Ikki and Jinora embraced her lovingly. Jinora and Kai's children ran up to hug her legs, and Iris kissed each of their heads.

Lin, Suyin, Kya, Bumi, Iroh, and Tenzin also joined in, hugging the alicorns, and Flurry Heart nearly crushed her father's bone with her tight hug. Discord wrapped himself around Fluttershy, Thorax and their kids, even Pharynx was tearing up to be reunited with his sister-in-law.

All around, folks was hugging, laughing and crying tears of joy to be reunited with their loved ones and to see their heroes alive and well. However, out of everyone, Tempest was the only one who didn't greet anyone.

"Little sis?"

A voice pierced through the crowd, reaching her ears. The one horned unicorn gasped and looked up. The line of people dispersed, giving way for a handsome older human male, wearing the official Harmony City Police Department uniform. His hair had been pulled into a short ponytail, and he had grown a small beard. His hair had lost its purple streaks yet the scar on his nose was still present. His warm brown eyes stared into Tempest's aquamarine ones.

Time seemed to move both too slowly and too fast as he walked towards her. Tempest's hooves were frozen in place, half hopeful and half frightened once the man stood right in front of her.

"Tadashi?"

The man got down on his knees and wrapped his arms around the unicorn, taking her completely off guard. Tempest let out a surprise gasp, one hoof hovering over his back, debating on whether or not to return the embrace. Tear ran down his eyes.

"It's really you!" Tadashi cupped her pony face, the same way he always did when she was young, not at all phased by her ugly broken horn. "I've searched everywhere for you."

"You… you did?" Tempest was completely baffled.

"Of course. After months I figured you didn't want to be found, and you were always good at hiding so, I hoped that, one day, you'd come back on your own. That's why I joined the police force, so I could still search for you." Tempest's lower lip quivered and pretty soon tears cascaded from her eyes too. "I always hoped you'd come back, little sis."

"Oh, Tadashi! I'm so sorry!" Tempest brawled, hanging her head low. "I was so foolish! You were right, there was nothing for me in that life, but I didn't want to believe you! If I had gone with you maybe I wouldn't be… like this!" she turned her head away, wishing she could cover up her broken horn with a blanket.

Tadashi wiped away her tears. "I'm sorry too. I'm sorry I made you feel betrayed."

"No. You didn't betray me. But, why did you keep trying to find me?"

"Because I love you. I always have, and I always will. I may have given up a life of crime, but I never gave up on you. If anything, your friendship was what made me realize the error of my ways. I didn't want you to face the consequences of my past mistakes."

"So, you choose this life… because of me?" Tempest was so confused, but also astonished. To think, Tadashi's own genuine love for this unicorn was the very thing that coaxed him to want to give her a better life than the one he previously had. Everything he did, he did it for her and not for himself. Akari was right, Friendship didn't fail Tempest after all.

"I said I would always be there for you and I meant it. What do you say?" Tadashi extended his hand to her. He was giving her the same offer he had given her all those years ago. The memory of that tragic night flashed before Tempest's eyes. She had rejected his hand before… not this time.

With a trembling hoof, she placed it over Tadashi's hand and smiled, tears of grief were now tears of joy and everyone erupted into applauds. Tempest couldn't believe it. They were cheering for her? After everything she had done to them, they were welcoming her into their massive, colorful family just like that?

A sensation she had never felt overwhelmed her, resulting in even more tears. This was different than the kind of celebrating she and her fellow triads once did. These cheers weren't ones of greedy ambition, but of genuine joy and welcoming embraces. She didn't think she deserved it, but just like with Akari and Iris, they didn't offer her friendship for any other reason than they simply wanted to.

How can something so small, so simple, so straight forward be so powerful? It would seem that Tempest still had much to learn when it came to Friendship. Thankfully, her old best friend was more than happy to help her through it.

Twilight approached the unicorn, ears dropping in regret. "Tempest, I am so sorry about your horn. If I had known what happened, I swear I would have done everything in my power to help restore it."

Tempest felt the regret in her throat again. Once again, the very pony she blamed for her own mistakes was offering her forgiveness and compassion. Every second since the Storm King's defeat was a constant clear evidence of just how messed up Tempest's original world view had been. If she had been that same teenager, she would have believed she was being brainwashed. But she saw first hand the consequences of her own actions.

Tempest bowed before the alicorn queen. "I'm the one who should be apologizing to you. Loosing my horn was no one's fault but my own. If I hadn't been so stubborn none of this would have happened."

"You know, alicorn magic took your horn… but I know it can bring it back."

Tempest's eyes widened. "You can do that?" she asked hopefully, but her hopes dropped when Twilight looked on in regret. Her eyes shimmering as if she herself would cry.

"I can restore it physically, yes. But your magic… there's no guarantee it will be the same as before."

Korra gently tapped the jagged edged of Tempest's horn, sending the soft sparks of magic. The Avatar frowned. "It's been so many years. Effects like this can become permanent if not treated quickly."

Tempest's ears lowered. Even if she got her horn back physically, her magic would probably either be the same as before, or remain as explosive as it was now. But, the question remained; Did she even want her old magic back now?

Something tugged inside of Tempest. Getting her magic back suddenly didn't seem worth it anymore, given the length she had gone into getting it. Akari walked up to Tempest, who caught sight of the small scar on her cheek. The little alicorn princess placed her hoof over Tempest's shoulder.

"You know, broken or not, your horn is pretty powerful. Just like the pony it belongs to."

Tempest's ears perked up. Nobody had ever complimented her broken horn before. It was true, her horn's magic did do things no other horn could do, but she thought it only brought destruction. Or, maybe that's just what she thought it did.

"She's not wrong." said Hozu, stepping forward. He had seen an example of Tempest's power first hand, and while deadly at times, was still an astonishing ability. "Your magic may not be like other unicorns anymore, but that doesn't make it a bad thing."

Capper nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Just because something's broken doesn't mean it should be thrown away." he smiled at Chrysalis, echoing her own words to lift up Tempest's spirits.

"You may have destroyed our ship, but that fire power in of itself was awesome!" Celaeno said, pounding her claw into the hair, as the other pirates cheered in agreement.

"And you managed to knock down the Storm King all on your own." Iris said, remembering how her own blast was able to knock the massive beast down.

"You even managed to use alchemy to modify the effects of those magic sucking stones." Chrysalis said. "I've never seen anypony do anything coming close to that."

The young changeling did make a good point. Even if she didn't have levitation, or the ability to create that shadow blanket for quick escaped, Tempest could still create things to some degree and her new magic was incredibly useful in a fight. Powers that, with the right kind of guidance, can in fact be used for good after all?

"We can't always control what happens to us, Tempest." Twilight said. "And some scars may physically never go away. They can both remind you of the bad just as they can remind you of the good." Twilight extend her leg, showcasing the burned mark that was left by Korra when she was trying to fight back the mercury poisoning all those years ago.

"I gained my scar by accident when Korra was trying to fight mercury poison. For a while, I saw it as a reminder of my failure to save her. But now, I see it as a reminder of how she overcame her own struggles to help me. She reminded me of what I was fighting for, just as I had once done for her."

"I was in a pretty dark place after I was poisoned." Korra said, smiling compassionately. "I thought getting injured meant I had failed as an Avatar. But, the experience helped me realize why I became a Princess of Friendship in the first place. Not only to help those who went through what I did, but so that others won't make the same mistake as my abuser did. Believe it or not, everyone's choice has a consequence, and by hurting others, you hurt yourself as well."

"I know first hand how true that can be." Zaheer said, stepping forward alongside P'Li. "Korra made me realize the error of my ways. I didn't deserve her forgiveness, but she offered it anyway."

P'Li nodded. "You're not the only one who's made mistakes, Tempest."

Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Nova Nightshade, Discord, Chrysalis and Kuvira all stepped forward. "We weren't so different from you, Tempest." Starlight said, then extended her hoof to Team Avatar Harmony. "And these guys helped us change for the better."

"I know change can be scary, and it hurts to admit when you're wrong." Sunset Shimmer said, "But it's never too late to start over."

"And if there is any group who can help with that, believe me, it's this family right here." Kuvira showcased everyone around them.

Humans, ponies, spirits and mythical creatures of all kinds, gathered together. Many dear friends, close family members, beloved animal companions, children, mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, even adopted family members. People from all walks of life, and by accepting the Magic of Friendship they had all been brought together, and they spread that magic all across the world.

The Guardians managed to share that same magic with those even beyond the boarders of the land, and they had all returned to help them, even if they didn't have great power. Tempest no longer shed a tear, for there was no longer any need to cry. Her horn may be broken, her magic may no longer be as it once was, but if there was any family that was willing to help lift her back up and carry her burdens, then she was looking right at them. Maybe giving up her old life didn't mean she was weak minded, but instead, it meant she was strong enough to do so.

"I did tell you I wanted to show everybody in Equestria what I could do, right?" with a genuine smile, Tempest stepped forward, with everyone dispersing to give her room.

Her horn sparked with magic, but rather than it being lethal and scary, the energy looked serene and shinning like stars. Motivated by all the love surrounding her, Tempest unleashed a string of magic into the air, where it bursted and created the most dazzling display of fireworks Equestria had ever seen. The colors changed and shifted, striking one another in a display of sparkles. The sounds creating a rhythmic tune that made everyone cheer and clap their hands in sync. Tempest didn't even know she could make music with her magic. Maybe there was more she could do, when she wasn't fueled by anger or grief.

Tempest's eyes sparkled with joyful wonder at her own power. Her eyes darted to Akari, who smiled proudly. Tempest blushed, for she hadn't smiled like that in a long time, and she was still feeling pretty self cautious. Akari playfully nudged her leg and smiled even brighter. Tempest lost her timidness and smiled along, even wider than before.

"Nice touch, Tempest." Chrysalis said, admiring the bright colors, which looked like splashes of paint in the sky.

"Actually, that's not my real name." Tempest confessed, much to everyone's curiosity.

"Oh? What is it?"

"It's… It's Rosalyn Sweet Scent."

Chrysalis's eyes bulged open and her jaw literally dropped, leaving Nori to have to close it. The changeling shook her head, trying to get her senses back and once she did, there was no force that could remove the wide smile on her face.

"Okay! That is the most awesome name EVER!!" Chrysalis practically squeezed the life out of the unicorn. "Welcome to the family, Rosalyn!"

"Family?"

Tadashi face palmed himself. "Oh, right!" he then wrapped his right arm around the female metalbender. "You remember Kuvira, right?"

"The lady who tried to destroy the city with that siren machine thing?"

"Yeah. She's… my fiance."

Tempest--or rather, Rosalyn--couldn't help but smile at both the pleasant surprise, as well as the irony. Kuvira, the crazy lady who turned into a siren monster and was once an Earth Kingdom dictator, was marrying her best old friend. Then again, given Tadashi's own past, this couple made perfect sense.

Kuvira kneeled down, smiling at the unicorn. "I hope that's alright with you."

Rosalyn laughed. "Hey, if Tadashi's is going to marry anyone, might as well be someone who can keep up with him. Besides, I have a feeling we're going to get along just fine." Both Tadashi and Kuvira embraced Rosalyn along with Chrysalis.

"Welcome home, Rosalyn." Korra said, she and the rest of Team Avatar smiling warmly at the unicorn, once lost and who was now found, wrapped in the embrace of the family that never lost faith in her return. The unicorn who refused to be a part of this kingdom, was welcomed with opened arms and hooves.

"Hey! What's everyone celebrating about? This isn't over!"

A voice came from behind the royals, where a small little furry creature with a big voice came marching along. He was no bigger than a chihuahua, yet he carried himself as if he were larger than life. Aside from the lack of his armor and crown, there was no mistaking who it was.

"I am the mighty Storm King! You hear me?! This land is mine!"

Rather than be intimidated, all everyone did was star with dumbfounded expressions. "How is he not dead?" Capper said out loud.

The miniature Storm King marched towards Rosalyn, waving his arms in anger. "This is all your fault, Tempest! You and those meddling kids! I want my staff back! Now!"

"Aww! He's actually kind of cute when he's tiny and mad!" Nori said, gushing at the Storm King's new size. His hair had grown a bit, making him look even fluffier than before. The fur were so soft she could just brush it.

"I am not cute!" the Storm King shouted, while shouting and stomping his feet around like a whinny child. "I'm not! I'm not! I'm not! I'm not!"

"How did he get like this?" Iris asked.

"I think I know." Leilani said. "The Staff of Sacanas is capable of stealing magic as well as restoring things as they must be. I guess when it restored the Storm King, it shrunk him down to the size of the love in his heart. Which is… rather small, it seems."

"Ooh, that's so sad." Ivy said, placing a hoof over her heart. The Storm King only huffed while crossing his arms and sitting on the floor with a pout.

"So, what do we do with him now?" Flurry Heart asked.

Lin Beifong plucked him from the floor by his fur, where he struggled to break free from her grip. "I can think of a few things." he said in an ominous voice, which made even the little guy gulp in fear. "But, it's not my job." she turned to Korra and Mako, "Your Majesties."

The royal couple pondered for a moment and immediately, both had the same idea. Mako took the little creature from Lin's grip. "Hey, Discord!"

The chaotic spirit appeared before him, giving him a salute. "Yes, Chief Mako, sir!"

"I've got a mission for ya." Mako casually tossed the little creature to Discord, who caught him in his arms. "How's about you take little Stormy here under your wing."

Discord gasped, his eyes sparkling. "You mean it!?" When Mako and Korra both nodded, Discord leaped into the air, tossing little Stormy along with him. "Hooray! I very own former villain apprentice! Oh, we're going to have so much fun! We'll have slumber parties, play poker, have tea with Fluttershy and her family on Tuesdays, and I get to teach you everything I know about The Magic of Friendship!"

Discord squealed with glee, and Stormy tried to wiggle out of his grasp. "No! No! Nonononononono! Please! Put me in jail! Send me to manual labor! Anything!" he begged, but Discord ignored him, zapping some pony themed hats and placing them on both himself and Stormy, who he held close to his cheek to take a selfie with his geo-phone.

"Say, Brony!"

"Nooooooo!"

Rosalyn bowed before the eldest alicorn. "Lady Leilani, I believe there's an old friend of yours who would be more than happy to have his staff back."

Leilani smiled and nodded softly. "Indeed. I'll be sure to put in a good word for you."

Rainbow Dash tapped on Chi's shoulder. "So, anyone gonna explain who those pirate birds are?" she asked, pointing at Celaeno and her crew.

"And, is that a cat… in a jacket?" Rarity pointed her hoof at Capper, having never seen a creature like him before.

"Also, who's this guy?" Bolin asked, gesturing to Hozu, who had been standing close to Iris the entire time. He could already feel Mako's skeptical glare beating down on him.

"I believe you kids have quite the story to tell." Twilight said.

"We sure do, Mom." Akari said. She was then startled when Pinkie Pie popped up from nowhere.

"There'll be plenty of time for that! I think we've got more important matters to attend to." Pinkie then dawned a serious tone. "Cookie Cream Pie. Step forward."

The little filly's eyes widened as she did as she was asked. "Mom… do you mean it?"

Pinkie pulled out a party hat, shaped like a crown, and placed it upon her daughter's head as if it were a genuine royal crown. "It is your time now."

Cookie Cream's entire body started to vibrate and bounce rapidly in place before she bursted into the air, where confetti, balloons and candies came spewing out from behind her.

"It's time to…PARTY!!"

(~)