• Published 20th Dec 2017
  • 2,006 Views, 143 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years have passed since Nightmare Moon's banishment. Destiny has seen to it that the Elements of Harmony will revive. But a new evil is starting to arise. Harmony alone isn't enough. New heroes must rise. They must evolve.

  • ...
7
 143
 2,006

Episode 27: Training

Burst Stream was lying down in one of the fields around Unityville. Simply staring at the clouds as they passed, and reflecting on his last few battles. In specific, how increasingly powerful the Nightmare Forces had become. Looks like Night Terror was saving his worst for last. Especially since Fear Saber was able to do quite a number on Steel. If it weren't for his Duelist Arms changing into their final form, and that new technique, Steel might not be standing right now. Burst then smiled, and sprung to his feet. Well, that settles it! I'm gonna have to come up with a new technique! An instant-kill to whip out when all else fails! Something tells me Night Terror won't go down with just a few shots and slashes from my Duelist Arms. I gotta create a move that'll pack tons of power into a single hit!

Burst got into a fighting stance, and began to focus his energy. "Alright! Now I gotta focus it to a single point!" Burst closed his eyes, and directed his energy to a single point. Namely his fist. Good. I got it focused to my fist. Now I gotta try-?! Burst's eyes went wide as he saw the energy start to become unstable! Uh-oh. The energy Burst had focused exploded! Knocking him to the ground! Okay...that was stupid. VERY stupid. Burst sighed as he got up. Maybe I could try adding some magic to the mix? Burst Stream tried to focus his energy and magic at the same time. Okay! Now I just gotta force it to-NOT AGAIN! This time, the unstable mixture of enerdy and magic blew up right in Burst Stream's face! Burst sighed as he pondered if this new venture was even worth it.

Well. I'm done worrying about this. At least for now. Burst thought to himself. He then heard his phone buzz. "Hm?" Burst Stream pulled his phone out from his pocket, and noticed a text. One from Celestia. "I'm sorry if this is reaching you a little late. Twilight has informed me of your last few battles. Especially the ones where some of your team was close with got seriously wounded. I was wondering how you were holding up. Please reply when you can. Celestia." Burst paused for a couple of seconds. "I'm free to talk if you are. Want me to drop by?" Burst replied as he texted Celestia. He got a reply not long after. "Well. Looks like I'm off to Castalot again." Burst was surprised that the text he'd received had a transport spell on it. Burst blinked in confusion when he found himself in the throneroom. He smiled when he saw Celestia. "Huh. Didn't expect you'd give me a literal summons.

Celestia giggled at Burst's remark. "Well, I thought I'd save you the trouble of having to present a letter each time you pay me a visit." She then rose from her throne. "I hope you don't mind us keeping this conversation mobile."

"No problem." Burst said with a shrug. "So, you wanted to talk about the last few battles me and my friends have had?"

Celestia nodded. "Yes. As I recall, your friends Inferno Flare and Steel Edge were hurt quite badly." Celestia then looked Burst right in the eye. "Please. Tell me honestly. Does the fact they've nearly died weigh on you?"

Burst stood still for a moment, and took a deep breath. "Celestia. I knew that the second I made my promise that there was a chance I might not be able to fulfill it. Or worse, die in vain trying to keep it. But I couldn't let that fear stop me. Even when it was staring me right in the face when I first fought Nightmare Moon. Before the Elements of Harmony were unleashed, she asked me why I would throw my life away for the sake of people I barely knew. But I did know them. And it wasn't just for their sake. It was for hers too. Now here I am. I've got friends who've fought beside me in battles to keep our home safe. We all knew what we were getting into when we all decided to play hero. But it's something we're all willing to fight for. Well, most of us. Dark Ice might be on our side, but I don't know how committed he is." Burst Stream sighed. "Still. The fact I've almost lost some of the people I'd call my best friends is something that troubles me. It's only been a short while, but we've all gotten to be like a family already."

"Much like how Twilight and her friends have gotten close, correct?" Celestia asked.

"Yeah. Pretty much." Burst said with a small smile. "Inferno. Steel. Ace. Ty. I'm their leader. That makes me responsible for whatever happens to them." Burst Stream clenched his fist. "Nightmare Rarity and Fear Saber. Those two pushed Inferno and Steel to their respective limits. And when they did, they got hurt pretty badly. Part of me just wanted to jump in and take care of the fight for them." Burst sighed. "But if I do that, then that means they'll think I don't trust them to get the job done or handle themselves on their own. "

Celestia smiled at Burst Stream. "You say you have no experience leading. And here you are talking like you've been doing this for years."

"Hey. I guess I'm channeling my inner Optimus Prime." Burst said with a chuckle. "But in light of our recent battles, I decided there should be an ultimate move I need to bust out if things get really bad. A one-hit kill move that'll wipe out whatever big-bad we're tangling with if our Duelist Arms become ineffective, or we're on our last legs. But no matter what I try, it literally keeps blowing up in my face."

"Would you care to demonstrate?" Celestia asked. Burst Stream nodded. "Excellent. Come with me. I know a place where you can show off without any fear of property damage."

Burst let out a chuckle. "Sure. Hope you don't mind seeing me fail epically. Lead the way." Burst Stream followed Celestia to a special area. It looked like a plain white room. "Uh, hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you have a room that can withstand great destructive force? Do you...come here to vent your frustrations?"

"No. Nothing like that." Celestia said with a giggle. "I actually trained Twilight here while I was helping her to control her magic. Let's just say her entrance exam to my school was...memorable."

Burst raised a brow in concern. "Memorable how?"

"Let's just say Spike was the biggest baby dragon in the world that day." Celestia answered with a smile. "Now then. Show me how this new technique is 'blowing up in your face'."

Burst took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing." Burst got into a fighting stance, and began to focus his energy and magic into his hand. A brilliant blue light emitted from his fist! "Right now I'm channeling both my energy and the white lightning spell I learned from my dad." Burst winced as the energy began to destabilize and fluctuate! The mass of energy and magic expanding and shrinking as it grew unstable! "But each time I try to-! Ungh! Force it under control it gets worse!" True to Burst's word, the mass of energy and magic growing more unstable! Exploding violently not a few seconds later! "AGH!" Burst was knocked to the ground while Celestia remained in place thanks to a shield she put up with her magic. "See my problem?"

"I do indeed." Celestia said with a sage nod. "But I think I know how to make your new attack work." Celestia walked over to Burst as he got up, and approached his back. "Try to focus your energy and magic again. But this time, don't try to force it out."

Burst gulped. "I, uh, don't know if I should do this with you so close..."

"You needn't worry about harming me." Celestia said with a warm smile. "I'm sturdier than I look. And..." Celestia leaned into Burst's ear, and whispered to him. "I have faith that you'll be able to succeed on your first try."

Burst smiled nervously. "Gee, thanks. But I'm still kinda nervous about this." Burst then felt Celestia put one of her arms around him. He promptly blushed at the sensation. "Uh, Celestia?"

"Don't worry Burst Stream." Celestia said with a serene tone. "Just close your eyes, and listen to my voice." Burst closed his eyes. "The rest of the world isn't here. It's just you and me. Now. Let your magic and energy flow to the point of focus. Remember, don't force it. Just let it stream through you."

Burst could feel hid energy and magic flowing to his fist. But this time, it felt more natural. It felt more controlled. "Whoa. It feels so different from the other times." He then felt Celestia tighten her embrace. She's so close. To me! A smile crept across Burst's face. This feels so nice and warm. Huh? Burst heard his heart beating faster than it ever had before! I don't even think my fight with Nightmare Moon got my heart racing like this! It's like it's in overdrive! Burst then felt the energy and magic he was focusing spark in his right fist! Burst Stream snapped his eyes open, and they went wide with awe. It looked like his hand was engulfed in white lightning! Energy was swirling around in the center of the attack and beams of light shot out from it! "Awesome! Now all I gotta do is test it out."

"Well then. Have at it." Celestia said with a giggle as she released Burst from her embrace.

Burst nodded, and charged at the nearest while! Striking it with his fist! A massive burst of energy exploded forth mere seconds after Burst Stream struck the wall! "Now all I gotta do is name it." Burst then turned to face Celestia. "Thanks for your help. I...don't know what I would've done without it."

"I'm certain you would have found a way." Celestia said with a smile as she hugged Burst. "Until we meet again."

Burst blushed as he returned the hug. "Yeah. Same here." That feeling of my heart in overdrive is back. ...I think I know what to name my new attack. "See ya around!" Burst teleported back to his house, and simply smiled at the ceiling as he threw himself onto his bed. "Well. As an added bonus, I got closer with the princess."