• Published 20th Dec 2017
  • 1,994 Views, 143 Comments

EoH Evolution: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years have passed since Nightmare Moon's banishment. Destiny has seen to it that the Elements of Harmony will revive. But a new evil is starting to arise. Harmony alone isn't enough. New heroes must rise. They must evolve.

  • ...
7
 143
 1,994

Episode 21: A Rare Nightmare Part 2

Inferno slung his sword over his back, and holstered his blaster. He was about to leave when he saw Spike standing before him. "Go home Spike." Inferno said calmly. "This isn't a fight you can win."

"N-No!" Spike protested! "I have to go!" Spike then clenched his fist. "But I also need to know...why? Why did you hit me back there? Why did you stop me? Why did you take away my chance to be with Rarity?!"

Inferno knelt down to Spike's level, and clamped onto Spike's shoulders. "Because that wasn't Rarity!" Inferno screamed into Spike's face. "What you saw...what everyone saw, was just what Night Terror turned her into! He's hit us hard in our most vulnerable area. Our hearts. And something tells me that Nightmare Rarity offering you the chance to come with her was done to further wound us Spike. What do you think you leaving us would do to Twilight?!" Inferno saw the shame in Spike's eyes, and sighed. "That's the thing about crushes Spike. In the end, sometimes you get crushed. I know you feel that you have to save Rarity. But be honest with yourself! You have no training. No weapons. And to top it all off, you're still a minor! What do you think would happen to Twilight if you never came back?" Inferno sighed. "And you're not the only one to blame for this. I should've acted earlier. That's why I'm going to find Rarity. I'll fight her if I have to. Whatever it takes to wake her up from this."

As soon as Inferno had made his promise, a letter materialized in the air. Inferno opened it, and was shocked at its contents. Night Terror and Nightmare Rarity were practically advertising where they were holed up. "Looks like I need to head to the old castle in the Everfree Forest." Inferno then looked to Spike. "Stay. Here." And with that, Inferno headed out the door and was met with the Main 6 and the other Elements of Heroism.

At the same time, Spike and Sweetiebelle began talking about the recent events. "Spike?" Sweetiebelle asked. "Do you really think that Inferno can save my sister?"

"I...really don't know." Spike said with a sigh. "But I do know he has the potential to save her. It's just a question of whether or not him acting on it will amount to anything."

Meanwhile, both sets of elements were journeying through the Everfree Forest. Sure enough, they came upon the old castle. "Looks like we're a bit early to the party..." Steel remarked as he noticed how vacant the castle was. "I thought for sure those two would've remodeled the place."

"Quite the contrary darlings." Nightmare Rarity said with a dark giggle. "Night Terror and I are quite fond over the design of this old relic. As for the party..." Nightmare Rarity snapped her fingers, and a horde of nightmare minions swarmed into the room! "You've arrived right on time."

"Burst?" Inferno asked. "You and the others tangle with the grunts." Inferno then looked at Nightmare Rarity, and narrowed his eyes as he drew his Duelist Arms. "She's mine." Inferno spread his wings, and flew straight towards Nightmare Rarity while the others fought with the nightmare minions! Inferno brought his sword down, but it was countered by a rapier that Nightmare Rarity had summoned. "You know? I figured you wouldn't make this easy."

Nightmare Rarity smirked at Inferno. "True. But doesn't that make this pursuit and dance much more exciting?" She then pointed her rapier right at Inferno. "Come darling! Try and keep up with me!"

Inferno's response was a short from his blaster! The fireball sped right towards Nightmare Rarity! Only to hit a shield wall that looked like a diamond! "I'm just getting fired up! RAAAUUUUGGHH!" Inferno charged right at Nightmare Rarity! Swinging his sword with as much strength as he could put into it! But every strike he made, Nightmare Rarity only countered it with her own blade! And with how calmly she parried each of Inferno's strikes, it was clear she didn't view him as a major threat. That's when Inferno decided to change up his tactics. "Think fast!" Inferno hurled his sword right at Nightmare Rarity! She caught it with her magic, but that left her vulnerable! Inferno charged up his blaster, and fired a charge shot point blank at Nightmare Rarity!

The force of the charge shot knocked Nightmare Rarity back! As she was still dazed from the attack, Inferno slashed at her! Light escaping from her wound! But that wasn't what made Nightmare Rarity scowl. No, she was more enraged at the fact Inferno's charge shot had slightly scorched her dress. "Oh...It. Is. On!" Nightmare Rarity fired a powerful blast of magic at Inferno! "Don't call it quits now darling! I'm far from done!" Nightmare Rarity snapped her fingers, and a small cluster of black orbs rushed Inferno! Each one struck at him with great force, and seemed to ricochet off of any surface they struck against!

Great. Now's when she decides to get serious! Inferno thought to himself as he tried to deflect as many of the orbs with his sword as he could! Fortunately, shooting them down with his blaster seemed to be just as effective. She might have the edge in magic... Inferno took to the air with his wings. But I've got aerial superiority!

Nightmare Rarity smirked at Inferno hovering in the air. "Trying to elevate our little dance to new heights, are we? Well then..." Nightmare Rarity snapped her fingers, and phantom black butterfly wings materialized on her back! "I'll rise to meet you!" Nightmare Rarity flew right at Inferno! Manging to land a slash on Inferno's side. "Though I must say. I prefer a partner who's a bit more grounded." Nightmare Rarity summoned a storm of jewel shards and sent them flying at Inferno!

Inferno raised his sword to block, but it did no good! The jewel shards ripped into them as they flew past his sword! Each one making tiny cuts that mounted to a great amount of damage! As the storm of jewel shards ceased, Inferno plummeted back to the floor! Some shards were embedded in his body while more had struck his wings! Inferno tried to flap his wings, but the pain of the shards embedded in them made his wings seize up in pain! To make matters worse, this aggravated the side wound he had suffered only a few seconds ago. So, this is it... Inferno thought as he saw Nightmare Rarity slowly advancing toward him. Well, if this is my last performance...I might as well go out in a blaze of glory! Suddenly, the blade of Inferno's sword was wrapped in flame! Inferno leaped into the air, and brought down his sword for one final strike! "FLAME GALE!" Inferno brought his sword down, and a flaming tornado shot out of his blade!

Nightmare Rarity was so utterly shocked by the sudden final attack she had no time to raise a shield with her magic! The flame gale doing massive damage to her as a result! Leaving her scorched from the attack! "You're fortunate...that I need to make a withdrawal for now..." Nightmare Rarity teleported away to the throne room, and fell to her knees. "Night Terror. It seems we underestimated them. Do you know any healing spells? Inferno roughed me up quite well in our earlier dance."

"Fear not. For I shall mend you." Night Terror said as he rose from the throne. He then summoned up a destructive spell with his magic, and advanced menacingly towards Nightmare Rarity. "I shall spare you from the disgrace of capture and weakness."

Nightmare Rarity was frozen with utter terror. "But...but why?! You said that you saw the grace within me! That you would give me the world itself! Why?! Why do you intend to kill me?"

"Because I made a poor decision." Night Terror said with an eerie air of calm. "I thought you would gain power on the level of Nightmare Moon. But from what I've seen, that is sadly not the case." Night Terror pointed the destruction spell right at Nightmare Rarity's face. "You disgrace me with such pitiful power. Farewell. Parting such sweet sor-AAGGGGHH!" Night Terror was hit right in the face by a flaming charge shot!

Nightmare Rarity turned her head in the direction of the blast, and her eyes went wide with shock! A lone figure stepped out from the darkness. Inferno was clutching his side as he limped toward her. A smirk present of his face as he stared at Night Terror's injured form. "Hey bastard. Remember me? I figured you were hiding just how little you actually cared for Rarity. But I didn't think you'd just discard a gem like her so casually." Inferno narrowed his eyes. "If nobody hated your guts before, I'm sure they do now."

"You wish to reclaim her? She is yours." Night Terror said with a scowl. "You can keep each other company in oblivion!" Night Terror was about to ready his destruction spell once again, but a hail of blaster fire and a cannon shot interrupted him! He looked to the direction of the blast, and scowled. "You have won the battle. But my war still rages. And I will not rest until I see your destruction at my hands!" Night Terror fled through a portal back to his lair. Leaving both sets of Elements and Nightmare Rarity to breath a sigh of relief.

"Heh. Sure showed...him." Inferno said with a chuckle as he began to collapse.

Nightmare Rarity saw Inferno begin to fall, and rushed over to him! Catching him in her arms, and tilting his head to meet her gaze. "Inferno...why? Why did you save me? After what I've done, how could you?" Nightmare Rarity's eyes teared up. "I hurt all of you so much...just because I selfishly thought of only my happiness. For what I did, I-"

"Hey. No need for that." Inferno said with a tired smile. "Everyone makes mistakes. It's how we learn from them that matters. As for why? Well, I saw the potential to be your hero Rarity." Inferno chuckled a little at what he just said. "I think I just lived up to it." Inferno then stared longingly into Nightmare Rarity's eyes. "But more than anything, I treasure you Rarity. We all do. There's no one quite like you...and we couldn't bear to lose you." Inferno then rested his head against Nightmare Rarity's neck. "But to me? You mean more...than a friend..." Inferno fell unconscious.

Nightmare Rarity was soon enveloped in a bright light as tears began to fall from her eyes. As soon as the light faded, Rarity had returned to normal. Still crying until she placed her head against Inferno's chest. "We need to get him back home. He's still with us!" Everyone rushed Inferno to the hospital. As soon as he was treated, Rarity stayed by his bedside. Falling asleep as she laid her head atop Inferno's resting form.

The next morning, Inferno's eyes flickered open. And the first thing he saw was Rarity sleeping on him. He couldn't help but smile at her. "Wake up sleeping beauty." Inferno said as he gently nudged Rarity awake. "I guess it was my turn to play your pillow, huh?"

"Inferno.." Rarity buried her head in Inferno's neck. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Tears once again began to fall from Rarity's eyes. "I hurt you. I hurt everyone so much..." Rarity looked into Inferno's red eyes. "And you still fought so hard to save me. To wake me from my nightmare."

Inferno nodded and smiled. "Was I really supposed to just leave you? You mean a lot to me Rarity. I couldn't stand to leave you with a monster like Night Terror."

"You said that I meant a lot to you." Rarity said nervously. "And you also said I was more than a friend to you." Rarity noted Inferno's nervous reaction. "You don't have to tell me your answer. I want to hear it when you're ready darling."

Inferno smiled at Rarity. "Well, you're not a treasure that should just be used as a display. You're something to be enjoyed. Something...that can't be replaced."

"You know..." Rarity said with a giggle. "It would be unfair for a hero like you to go unrewarded for their troubles." Rarity kissed Inferno on the forehead! "I do hope you'll treasure that."

Inferno blushed. "...I would be an idiot not to."